Masturbation (Right Or Wrong)

akanetuk

MASTURBATION ( RIGHT OR WRONG)

In life everything has a standard of operation, it will be wrong to change certain procedures established by the Creator just to fit our selfish interest. These standards includes sex, most people who masturbate say they feel a sense of guilt and unhappiness after the act. In truth, if the act of masturbation was right the guilt won't be there, but because there is a conscience to warn and encourage us at every good and wrong thing we do, this automatically sets in to tell us that the act is wrong. Sex requires exchange of energies between the couple, but masturbation is a waste of this energy. In conclusion sex is for lovers, and love is the foundation for a strong relationship.

Masturbation (Right Or Wrong)
14
33

Most Helpful Guy

• wegetalittletipsy
    "if the act of masturbation was right the guilt won't be there, but because there is a conscience to warn and encourage us at every good and wrong thing we do"
    I completely disagree with this - people's morals can be twisted to make anything seem right or wrong. For example, some people are crazy enough to believe that killing people is right and they are being called to do this - this is because they have been brainwashed and it proves people's morals can be twisted depending on what they are taught. This means that our moral compass isn't always reliable.

I also have to disagree with your suggestion masturbation is wrong because "sex requires exchange of energies between the couple, but masturbation is a waste of this energy". How exactly is wasting your own energy wrong lol? And surely your argument promotes sex before marriage instead of masturbation (which I'm assuming you think is wrong too).

But if masturbation is truly wrong and people rightly feel guilty...
    I masturbate, I don't feel guilty and there's nothing you can or will ever be able to do to stop me :).
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• lumos
    Some people feel guilty because of social conditioning. They only feel guilty because other people keep telling them it's a bad thing, that it's unhealthy etc. Psychologists have come to the conclusion that masturbation is healthy (in moderation of course), as it releases tension and helps you relax. Now why would something perfectly normal, human and healthy be something to feel guilty about? Because certain backwards people keep shoving it down other people's throats, "because God said so" lol.
    Is this still revelant?
    • jacquesvol

M. H. O. !

• @jacquesvol What gives you the right to decide this?

• jacquesvol

@FilthyPervert My sincere opinion, damnit.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1332
  • vishna
    I think often people feel guilt because they've been told it's bad or it's been hinted that masturbation and sex in varying circumstances, is bad.

I think when people hit a certain age they see that that's not true and they are free to enjoy what's natural.
    • Dim_121

They feel it is wrong because their body knows that it should be feeling those feelings with a partner.

• vishna

*I hope when people hit a certain age...

@Dim_121 hmmm, biologically and from an evolutionary stand point, you have no evidence to back up your claim. So... yea... but hit me with a good journal article and I'll read it.

• CrazynKinky
    The only reason people feel guilt about masturbating is because people have made them feel that way. If sex and our bodies were talked about openly no one would feel guilty about it.

Sex to you is for lovers. But I believe that in order to love someone you have to love yourself. Masturbation is self love. It also feels good and should be enjoyed
  • overthinkingmind
    I used to feel guilty when I was younger and it was mostly because I was born with religious influences, but now? I honestly couldn't care less. There's nothing bad or wrong about it. Just don't let it become a priority.
  • PessimisticLoon
    Babies masturbate in the womb and I highly doubt they're feeling guilty. If a being untouched by society does it innately, are you certain that "standard procedures" are being changed by selfishness and not actually by religious beliefs? It seems that in fact religion is the culprit that is making people feel guilty and not the bogus you wrote about.
  • Sad_Onion
    the idea that masturbation is bad for you stems from the religious nuts. if you wank, you'll go blind... wrong.

seriously, just look at all the torture devices that were created to stop people pleasuring themselves in the name of religion. utter madness.

religion is evil and is the major cause of murder and torture the world over.

masturbation is harmless in comparison.
  • Answerdude
    You're entitled to your own beliefs, but if you refuse to accept that other people have different ideas, you're going to run into opposition from people. If it's opposition from people like myself, it's going to end up being unpleasant and unrewarding, because you are not going to win.
  • Mesonfielde
    People feel guilty about it because apparently religions are oh so helpful in helping you become a better person and not feel like shit about yourself, being doomed to being an eternal shitty person (read: sinner) for your entire life because reasons

oh wait, that'll probably just make you feel miserable

oh well
  • DeadShot619
    Your reasoning will only work with religious people. While I actually agree with you, most people sadly will not. And I believe all people feel guilty when they first start masturbating regardless of how young they are because it is actually wrong, but with time people get used to it and the guilty feeling stops coming
  • ladsin
    Umm no... it's not unnatural, many species masturbate. No it's not unnatural over 95% of people admit to masturbation... No it is not wrong to change procedures that a supposed "Creator" has, otherwise medicine would be immoral. So just no all around.

Although the bible does say that it would be better for your seed to fall into the belly of a whore than to spill on the dust (believe that line is also in the Quran)
  • Notreallyhere
    People could feel guilty because their parents or communities tell them they should. I masturbate and idgaf about any imaginary gods opinions. It feels good, it's good for you, and people have the right to do it.
  • bluenose1872
    Haha society makes everybody feel bad about everything they feel or do. Everybody does it and fucking enjoys it too. Trying leaving it alone for a while if you can't get somebody to sort you out. You'll want to rape a hole in the wall after a few weeks. If we were just meant to wait for a willing partner God would have gave it an on and off switch. Then you'd have something to feel guilty about
  • YourFutureEx
  • 26ukdude
    I dont think this is one of those things anyone is ever going to be able to control regardless of how wrong or right people feel it is. All I have to go on is my own experience but for me especially when I was younger, not masturbating was simply not an option. 2 weeks was hell, a month was unthinkable, and anything longer... hahahahaha.
  • steveguitar
    The reason you feel guilty is because it's something that you discover that felt amazing and you did something that shows you are on the way to adulthood. By your submission, it sounds wrong to have a wet dream and you need to confess this to a priest so he can, through 'god', forgive you.
    As soon as I read 'the Creator" I stopped taking the post seriously.
  • FatherJack
    If masturbation was a sin , then why are nearly all human males created with a strong sex drive? Especially in the teens / 20's age range !! Ladies as I'm not female , I cannot comment on female libido , however the perception is & from what I have heard directly form the ladies , it's way lower than a mans. Is this true or false in your opinion , ladies?
  • tattooedhandfet
    Rub one out, put some purell on your hands and go to confession😉
    But on a serious note, perhaps, the person who feels guilty, feels guilty because of who/what they jerked off to
  • aliceinwonderland69
    I fuck myself all the time with various devices and feel fucking fabulous about it.
    • Theo27

What type of sextoys do you use? And do you remember at what age you started masturbating?

• I use all types of toys and no I don't.

• Theo27

Few people can actually remember when they started lol
      What is your masturbation frequence?

• babu_001
    When I was a kid, I felt guilt after masturbating. Now I am 24 and masturbation is mandatory for me to keep my mind in one piece.
  • Druid64
    Just curious - why do think masturbation is contrary to to God's will? There's nothing in scripture against it.
    There are two major issues with your argument.
    Unsubstantiated premise:
    How do you know how mastubators feel? What's your evidence for this?
    Illogical argument:
    Essentially people have been taught that masturbation is a sin, therefore they feel bad for committing the sin. Their guilt proves that masturbation is a sin. What it shows is that they are good conscientious people who think they have sinned. They think that because those responsible for the forrmation of their moral compass suffered under the same delusion.
  • idkwtftoputhere
  • Pilulu
    I'm religious, but I'm not going to shove my belief in anyone's face. I just find masturbation a bit wrong.
  • takumii
    I don't feel any guilt while masturbating. So there, knocked off one of the basis on which your point is based on.
  • Kylesar
    Maybe if we were allowed to please ourselves without being judged, that sense of guilt wouldn't be there
  • buttheadkakakak
    Sorry I'm still gonna masturbate no matter what people say
  • ShaeNielson
    I don't believe in your God so no the "creator" has no power in this matter.
  • Transigence
    I don't feel guilty after masturbation and generally never have. Most people say they feel guilty? That's a hell of a claim. Can you support that?

Sex requires exchange of energies between the couple? How do you know this, and what kind of energies? I'd posit that sex is two people BURNING stored energy and converting it to heat, which dissipates. But it does also exchange hormones (this process works better if you have a normal, intact penis), which changes the way they feel about each other.

So, it sounds like you're hung up on some religious mysticism to me. If you feel guilty after masturbation, it's because someone is filling your head up with shit.
    • "sex and masturbation are wrong because they generate heat which contributes to global warming"

• Johnagain
    My ding-a-lling... MY ding-a-ling... I want to play with my dignaling. LMAO 😄
  • Silver119
    See I would personally say it's necessary to function in everyday life. Even people who are in stable sexual relationships still masturbate.
  • NotTheFBI
    If Masturbation's wrong... I don't wanna be right (Sing it out loud) lol just had to do it :v
  • Noxifer626
    Masturbationg feels great, what are you talking about?
  • TheOldMan59
    You should go and suck the Pope's dick, that way he won't have to waste his energy by masturbating. No offence.
  • yungRooster007
    I try not to masturbate, , I can go a week.. but I usually giv in by Saturday or Sunday...
  • BlackMagick666
    In the spirit of science, I'm typing this with one hand.
  • abundantlyrich
    A big no no for the religious guilty ones.
  • Scrambledagain
    I'm sure the creator jerks off too.
  • Waffles731
    Only feel guilty about it on occasion.
  • Anonymous
  • Anonymous
    Well I feel absolutely no guilt when I masturbate, never have, so I guess that makes it right.
  • Anonymous
    Some people say masturbation is good
    Some say bad.
    I don't care what anybody says life without a release like that would suck and I'd rather just release than torturing myself
  • Anonymous
    Weeeellll... this calls for another dose of the official anthem of trolls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNrK-n68CM
  • Anonymous
    There is nothing wrong with masturbation. It is a natural act and the only reason people feel shame is because there are people who shame it and make them feel bad about it.
    Religion is mainly the cause of this redicilous ideas and have been the suppressor of most things in natural human sexuality.
  • Anonymous
    This take tells 100% BS
  • Anonymous
    I dont feel guilty. My girlfriend gets all the sex she wants. Sooo what harm to society am I doing by having the odd wank? If anything it makes me feel better sometimes so its a positve thing.
  • Anonymous
    Its societal conditioning not God. Its perfectly normal and healthy.

When i first started masturbating i felt guilty bc i thought it was bad. But then i learnt that it wasn't and i learnt to really enjoy it.

• Anonymous
    Masturbation exists, sand sometimes some people do it.

That's really the only thing that I would say about it, I'm not interested in morality judgements.