5 Things Every Camgirl Gets Sick of Hearing from Men

Anonymous

Having been camming since I was 19, I can honestly say I've probably heard it all. Guys aren't shy about asking a girl in my line of work literally anything that comes to their head..here are 5 of the top offenders.

Can I watch?

So we're on a date. I'm sitting 2 feet away from you. I say I'm a camgirl and your first question is...can I watch? No. Because there's work and then there's play. When I turn on the camera, I'm working. When you ask to see that, I stop seeing a potential romantic partner and start seeing a customer..and out goes any chance you had of having actual sex with me.

Can I join you?

On the same strain as the last one, but even more grating. How would you like it if I came into your office and asked to help you with those feasibility reports? Just because you know how to rub one off doesn't mean you'll be able to put on a show my viewers would enjoy. And even if you could, it's MY business and I never asked you to be apart of it. Couples shows can be popular but I am strictly a solo act.

Will you satisfy (blank) fetish?

No. I will not sit on your face or let you lick my toes. Sex worker does not mean sex slave. When I'm offline, I'm offline. I have my own likes and dislikes like anybody else and being a camgirl doesn't change that. In my own sex life, I do what turns me on personally. Just because my job is pleasing men sexually doesn't mean I'm obligated to please all men sexually.

If I pay you will you...?

Learn the difference between escort and webcam model. It's apples to oranges. And to make this one short and sweet: even if I would, you couldn't afford it.

Do you enjoy it/does it turn you on to be on camera?

Does waiting tables make you full just by being in the presence of food? It's a sexual atmosphere but my arousal is not really important. It's a fantasy. I'm getting paid to serve others sexually. I don't do it to get turned on, I do it for the money. Simple as that.

Now you know what NOT to say if you ever meet or date a girl in my line of work. The best questions to ask are truly none at all! If she wants to discuss it she will. Otherwise it can be a very draining line of work. Some girls love it, but it's best to let her set the tone.

Like anyone, when you're out with friends or on a date the last thing you want to think of is work. And that's what I want to stress, camming is work, not play. So respect that fact and you shouldn't have any problems!

89
17

Most Helpful Guy

• MrOracle
    This is a common issue with artists or "celebrities" - many people can't see them as PEOPLE, and can only see their persona. And while that's fine during an official "meet & greet", it's a big turn-off when you are on a date and trying to have a REAL connection with someone in your personal life.

I used to have a boss who liked to have business meetings in strip clubs. Now, I appreciate a naked girl as much as any guy (and maybe more than most), but I never found strip clubs to be a "good value" financially. So, while my co-workers were spending sizable portions of their paychecks, I would *talk* to the girls, like PEOPLE instead of like strippers. My co-workers thought I was some kind of player because I would often have one or several girls sitting and talking with me, for free, and even got some free dances. My "secret" was that I didn't treat them like strippers, and that was so refreshing to them that they were actually happy to talk to me.

No one really wants to take work home with them - and it's even worse when you actually work from home (I know this from experience), and, yeah, I can totally see why you'd want to keep your job and your personal life separate.

Plus, if those guys had actually been cool about it, chances are that they'd have eventually gotten a lot more than a web cam show. Unfortunately, too many people don't know how to delay gratification, so they lose by being unwilling to "lose out." Dumbasses...
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• kaylaS91
    Interesting take! Nice to have other girls speaking up for how being confident in our sexuality does not magically add numbers to our sex-partner count in itself, nor does it create a willingness to suck each and every dick or satisfy any kind of fetish. 😩
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Yup! It's really exhausting being automatically classified as kinky. Guys here camgirl and it's like their brains instantly download a list if stereotypes xD

• Anonymous

*hear

• kaylaS91

exactly! quite ironic because many of those types will also be the ones to call you a slut or whatever, failing to realize that its guys like that who help you be able to profit and make money off of camming. :P

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1688
  • coachTanthony
    How can I date a porn star, cam girl, or a stripper? I get it all the time. One way you won't date one is holding her profession against her. She is just like everyone else... wants to date someone who respects and cares about her.

Unfortunately with a profession like yours comes negative and judgmental feelings. Some guys will be cool with what you do... most however will not. Some don't want to date a Police Officer because it is too scary to have to worry about a loved one day in and day out.

There are some though that take advantage in much the same way and say "Can I ride in your police car?" or "Can I shoot your gun?" The only difference is they aren't writing articles trying to educate the population on what not to say to a cop on a date. It's called dating mature people and leaving the idiots alone. Date better people... I promise they are out there.
  • NineRobes
    We're all different and we all have different values and beliefs; I'm sure that mine differ from yours greatly. I just don't understand you. If there are a lot of men in the world who would still be interested in dating you after you tell them that your job is to please other men sexually, it's likely that they really only want to have sex with you. Is that what you want? Since making money is all you really care about and being a camgirl does nothing for you sexually/ emotionally, would you quit if a guy was actually interested in having a relationship with you and offered to pay you a salary to not do cam shows?

In my opinion, being a "camgirl" isn't a job and exposing yourself on camera for money isn't something to be proud of. You can't just do anything, call it work, and expect prospective male partners to respect you properly. If I was on a date and I told the girl I was with that I was an assassin, I can't be upset when she get's weirded out, asks me to kill someone for her, or asks me how many people I've killed; it's common sense that when you reveal what you do for a living, questions in relation to your occupation may be asked. I'd ask you is"why". Are you doing it to make money for college? Do you even want a man to want to be in a serious relationship with you? I apologize for seeming kinda hostile towards you, but I don't like what you do for a living. I wish that you had more respect for yourself and that you treated your body like a treasure that you'd only share with one special person instead of whoever is willing to pay to see it.
    • Anonymous

To the first part.. if I met a guy and we fell in love and he said to me "you know Abby this makes me really uncomfortable, I'd rather you found other work before we get serious"... if I really loved him and I knew he loved me, I would absolutely being willing to find another job until I could find a career.. as long as I could count on his support.

To the 2nd part, you don't think it's a job because you've never done it. It can be an extreme grind. It's physically and emotionally draining. I worked in the kitchen at a huge restaurant out of highschool... the big difference is this pays better. But when I sign off I feel every bit as exhausted as when I clocked out at work :/ and I'm not proud of it... like I said, it's not a career or a lifestyle.. it's a job

And umm yeah actually. If you were legally allowed to be an assassin and a girl asked you to kill someone.. that would be a girl you dump and report to the police xD bad analogy xD

• Anonymous

And yeah actually I do want to be in a relationship. I'm in love with someone as we speak (who SAYS ge loves me too). If things get more serious (and I hope/think they will) I will get a real job and drop the camming for good

• Spiorad_Aisce
    I agree with your point of view in that the type of work you do there has to be a line between professional/personal. To me it would be a major red flag if a person became overtly interested in blurring the line. What a man's thoughts on your line of work are part and parcel of the getting to know you process, the same way as any people discussing their occupations. 1 - 4 are things that are probably in the man's mind and some other red flag would appear if he was talking to a woman of any occupation. 5 to me is a misconception that has pervaded popular culture, I am fairly sure 98% of webcam girls or similar jobs are done for financial reasons but society bombards young men with advertisments/stories of girls who really really enjoy these types of jobs and the money is just a bonus. A guy with a more societal mature attitude would have the sense to know 5 is a fallacy created to promote the industry and the discretion not to ask it. If the girl does feel that way, she can raise the topic in her own time much the same way a female accountant can tell a date she loves being a dominatrix or something similar.
    • Anonymous

I think camgirls are partly to blame. I see so many saying how they love it but I can see the lie in their eyes. They need to say that to be okay with it. I'm personally like.. money is money. It's a stepping stone toward a more stable job and future. That's all. Its not a passion or a career.

This was a very well thought out and understanding comment and I really appreciate it <3

• Saying they love it is part of the job, a way of advertising the industry - It is always very interesting to see anybody who works in the adult industry being interviewed (promotional pieces versus documentaries) , the interviews "On Camera" and "Off Camera" - They are usually two totally different people.

• rjroy3
    Lol. I feel about as much sympathy as I would for a bartender complaining about drunk people. You knew the line of work and who your market was beforehand.

You get asked questions that annoy you, from a bunch of horns guys that can't get girls... kinda what you signed up for lol.
    • Anonymous

No sug I mean guys in my PERSONAL life. My viewers can say what they want

• rjroy3

Well, that's what I get for not reading the last paragraph lol. That's mildly embarassing. My apologies.

That would be a pain I imagine. But I don't think you can blame some guys for assuming things about a girl in your line of work. Especially if they really have no experience with women who work in that field.

I have several friends that are go go dancers. They all love to party. They all like to flirt and they all are kind of kinky in bed. That's the assumption most guys have and in my experience it's a justified assumption.

Maybe with your line of work you should couch it in a way so that he knows how you view it. Or even pass I off at first and say, "eh, I don't want to talk about work. Let's just get keep it Us for now so we can get to know each other for who we are."

• rjroy3

Keep it us*

• gotc147
    I don't have issues with you or anybody else being a camgirl, I have an issue with you expecting guys you date to just know what you do and do not want to ask them.

I'm not saying some common sense shouldn't apply, but seriously, guys can't read your mind.
    • Anonymous

I'm not saying they should. That's why I wrote this

• gotc147

Are you planning on dating someone here? Because if not then this is a poor platform to air your grievences due to the lack of exposure.

If a guy asks you if he can watch and you automatically stop seeing him as a romantic interest and start seeing him as a customer without so much as saying something like "I'd prefer something with feelings" then you're expecting too much.

• Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    • Anonymous

Whore: "a woman who engages in sexual acts for money" in that sense I am a whore. But I also don't particularly care.

• TheFlak36

And yet you search for a romantic partner. Seems legit.

• ok, you chose this life. deal with it and stop complaining

• ManOnFire
    Seeing as this is what you do for a living (and a pretty sad one), what can you expect? And I feel more like you're just trying to brag about what guys wanted with you or something. Talk about trolling.
  • i don´t really understand why you´re complaining. xD that´s basically what you sign up for if you do that kind of job.

i mean put yourself in a guys perspective. asking doesn´t cost anything nor does it have any bad consequences like in real live... so why wouldn´t you just ask?
    • Anonymous

No it's not. I signed up to cam. And it's definitely cost a lot of guys a chance at going further with me because it becomes exhausting. I have my boundaries and I'm sure most guys who wanna date me prefer not to cross them, they just don't realize they exist

• not literally "signed" but we all know how guys are xD ans especially how "customers" in general tend to behave like assholes.

but here´s the actual problem: of course i can clearly understand how the shit they give you is annoying but people don´t have the mindset: hey i´m gonna spend my dollars on this cam site and politely ask the girl to do this and that. they feel kind of entiteled. they feel like they are the boss of you either cause they pay or because that´s their fetish/fantasy in the moment. also most guys don´t recognoze you as a person with feelings but consider you to be a "worthless piece of shit" they can tell whatever they want.

i understand that´s frustrating and demotivating but other jobs have different shit that comes with them and you can´t complain about it, cause nobody forces you to do the job right?

• and after all, you won´t reach those guys making that requests... they don´t think they did anything wrong. they don´t give a shit.

• CœurRosé
    Kudos to you for being so brave, but I have one question. Does it ever concern you that there is a high possibility of men taking pictures of you and putting them on the internet for other people to see?
    • Anonymous

It's already happened a lot.

• CœurRosé

And it doesn't bother you?

• Anonymous

It does but it's the life I chose

• Jager66
    Honestly I'd have a ton of questions for you, my curiosity would run wild! I love meeting people who do things differently like this and would really want to find out what kind of person you are and what kind of experiences you've had and all that.

• Anonymous

I think there's a way to keep curiosity positive and fresh without it turning objectifying and depressing but most guys can't do that. And I think at the end of the day you're expecting it to be an interesting job when it borders on tedious xD

• Jager66

"And I think at the end of the day you're expecting it to be an interesting job when it borders on tedious xD"

That's exactly the sort of thing I'd want to know, along with a bunch of other stuff. This is another good insight "keep curiosity positive and fresh without it turning objectifying and depressing" I mean it's obvious but I guess for the askee it could seem like insensitivity if not careful, especially considering the subject matter.

Asking "Can I join you?", "Will you satisfy (blank) fetish?" or "If I pay you will you?" Seems really dehumanizing though regardless of how it's asked, is this stuff you get asked while say going for coffee with someone?

• Anonymous

The first 2 yes. The second 2 it depends. Usually it's after they aren't shy anymore but you'd be surprised how quick guys ask those.

I guess really I don't want it to have a bearing on my dating interactions. There are a lot more interesting sides to me that contribute to who I am as a person. This is just doing what pretty much everyone does when they're alone.. except with a camera on and I get a paycheck for it

• sawno
    No seriously... can i watch? I mean, why would everyone get to see that but me as a future boyfriend right?
    This is exactly why i couldn't ever date a camgirl, it wouldn't tick well on my loyalty scale.
    • Anonymous

I wouldn't want my boycriend to watch because I want him to see the person not the fantasy. The girl on the camera isn't real. The girl lying next to you is.

• sawno

Makes sense, still i don't think i'd like to share her with the whole world like that even if she is just a fantasy to them. I get they don't get to know you on the emotional level, i'd still feel weird that everyone got to see you on a visual level.

• Anonymous

Sone guys feel that way and it's understandable. I would hope they would appreciate the fact I wanna do something else soon and be able to accept what I have to until then but if not I get it

• lolatyou
    Not even trying to be rude but those are pretty typical/understandable questions. People always ask stupid things about your employment, it's pretty expected. I mean it's not like you're a lawyer and they're asking you how much for a foot job.
  • AprulZ
    Hahaha all these guys shaming cam girls while they're probably paying and jacking to them all the time! Such hypocrites! If you watch porn then you have NO say in slut shaming because you obviously want it!!
    • Anonymous

"If you watch porn then you have NO say in slut shaming because you obviously want it!!"

Right?

• AprulZ

No, if you watch porn then you're obviously supporting women and the porn industry you can't just suddenly turn that around and say "oh she's such a slut" when you jack off ten times a week to a whole bunch of different girls. Like if you want to slut shame, then you can't watch porn and support the industry.

• BlackSatanicDeath
    The only 5 things cam girls should be saying:
    I'm so wet
    That feels good
    mmmmm
    I'm cumming
    Don't forget to tip
    Everything else you have to say we are sick of hearing. And don't tell me about the desperate guys who date you either out of curiosity or pure bitch-made tendencies because they are never an actual factor in real life.
    • Anonymous

It doesn't real make a guy desperate to date me. I'm hot and smart and a pretty cool person who happens to be a camgirl. I have a lot more to talk about than my pussy and lots of guys are smart enough to see that

• cipher42

Are you serious dude? Just because she's a cam girl doesn't make her not a real person. She was very clear in her take about separating her work from who she is in her regular life. Are you seriously so fucking dimwitted that you're completely incapable of understanding that shit? Or are you just an asshole?

As for the guys dating her, I hate to break it to you, but not every guy out there is as narrow minded an idiot as you are.

• ConsultantIsBack
    I'm genuinely curious what the hours and pay looks like for a camgirl
    • Anonymous

That'd be number 6 xD the hours and pay vary vastly from day to day and from girl to girl

• I'd love to see data tho. Like what is the upper range, lower range, median, etc.

• Anonymous

The top girls are pm millionaires. If I had to put an average to it I would say I make about $40 per hour on average. But its hard to really do that.

• dogbert444
    Sorry, but I have little respect for cam girls. I would never date one, but if I did find myself out on a date with one, that would be a good enough reason for me to walk away there and then. Why? I'd always be wondering if you might be recognised. I could imagine people saying, "Look at that guy with that cam girl". Thanks, but no thanks. Huge deal breaker.
    • dogbert444

Just thinking, you have chosen more than a career. You have chosen a way of life which will follow you for the rest of your life. It will take a brave guy (or one that has the truth hidden from him) to settle down with you. It will take just one guy who lives near you to recognise you and the revelation will spread like wildfire. Not many guys will be able to handle that. Equally, the guy that doesn't know the truth could end up with a nasty surprise from a third party who does know!

• ComDom
    These seem like issues you've had during the initial dating process rather than after being in a relationship with someone.

Unless you're unwilling to satisfy the sexual compulsions of a man you're with? Either way you seem very unsatisfied with your work for some reason or ashamed of it on some level, maybe both?

It's probably good you're making this sort of thing clear ahead of time for interested parties because as you know guys can be and often are quite perverse, I can vouch.
    • ComDom

I will say though if there's one thing I've learned about girls it's this: if you make them feel comfortable there is a much better chance she'll play along.

• Octavius
    "The best questions to ask are truly none at all!"

So my thing is wouldn't you think if the guy is completely just disinterested in your life if he didn't ask any questions about your work?(no not these questions) I don't know I just like asking people if they like their work or if it's just for experience/finances.
  • MackToday
    Probably stop exposing your body on a camera for money. Men will just act like slobs and won't respect you. That's why mothers the world over teach their daughters to act like ladies. What your doing is hurting you. If that pain bothers you, stop doing it and get a job.
  • FakeName123
    "f I pay you will you?"

Actually its a valid question since you are selling your body as a camgirl as well.
  • Anpu23
    I've done a little porn, and have dated both escorts and strippers. I don't understand how people don't get the difference between work and play. I know it sucks (ahem) but it's kind of how it is. My dancer friends have never danced for me, because that's work not sexy. Oh well, sounds like you're doing well this was a great my take.
  • oldanddecrepid
    I just want to say it sounds to me like you have the right mindset about being a camgirl and it being just a job!

The one thing I want to ask is... is there something else you would rather do someday than be a camgirl, perhaps something you are working towards?

• Anonymous

I plan on being a personal trainer. I'm not one of those people who believes in looking for a career to be my life. I think personal training seems like it'd be good because it's active and positive and high energy and lets me focus on other things

• Good plan, if you are a positive person then being a personal trainer would suit you well. Good luck :)

• The only thing that my girlfriend said would be the thing that would prevent her from doing it is that it might effect other areas of her professional life and that means that she couldn't do these things because of it.

In life she wants to be a yoga instructor and (Separately) start her own business.

Do you have anything to say on that?

• jc1982
    it doesn't hurt for them to ask you to satisfy a fetish since that is technically what they are paying you for. doesn't mean you have to do but doesn't hurt to ask does it?

escort thing i will give you..

dont blame you not wanting boyfriend to watch or join

do you enjoy it? i think that would be an important question from a viewer why would you want to pay for something that the person the perceive you to having fun. that could be a turn off while your supposed to be turning them off.
    • jc1982

i meant why would you pay for something if the person doesn't seem to enjoy it... that could be turn off

• Anonymous

I'm not talking about my viewers with the fetish thing.. I meant in terms of dating

• jc1982

ok well than i understand completely and dont blame you lol I think having separation of work and personal life would be very important in your profession.

• ColinHarvey
    "Show," - like you're putting on some production. That's classic.

I love how you think your work is comparable to working in an office. Like you're going to need to unionize or something.

I know it's a depressed economy, but "cam worker," and "babysitter" don't look to hot on a resume. Perhaps get a real job?

• John_Doesnt
    There's no such thing as having two separate lives and the only difference between you and a call girl is the proximity to the John. You are who you are at work and home. If I were a cage fighter I wouldn't call myself a non-violent person at home.
    We choose our line of work, emphasize choose!
    • Anonymous

Really? So if you went on a date with a girl and she punched you in the face you'd call that totally normal? And if you punched her back that would also be totally rational right?

Better work on those critical thinking skills, sug

• Your argument doesn't make any sense. A person's choice of work speaks about who that person is in their real life. With a million jobs and ways to make money it clearly defines who you are based on your choice of work.
      It would be possible for me to lower myself to being a gay camguy, but my pride and dignity would never allow it.

• Anonymous

My argument makes perfect sense, yours doesn't. No one treats others or expects to ne treated by others according to what they do for a living. Why I do is no different.

• Steelcore1085
    So you use your own sexuality and your prowess to make money from others as a job and most likely do really scantily things, and then you get pissed off when guys who are probably douchebags do things like "objectify" you and ask really stupid questions. And then you basically paint the whole male half of the human population like that in your MyTake. Fucking ironic, much?

Have you ever thought that maybe you are meeting and dating douchebags and dregs, and not actual genuine men who would care more about who you are than that? It sounds like you're meeting the wrong guys, lady.
    • Anonymous

I actually made no generalizations. I only said these are things I hear a lot.

• Scrambledagain
    Question: what type of guys do you think pay for this? Rich? Powerful? Poor? Young? Married? See I'm of the opinion that a majority of men can't get the sex they want and so they come to things like this (the demand) and I am a sex worker advocate and suggest men go for this. But I keep getting shot down because of this by mostly women, and keep getting shit like "well the guy just needs to be more confident and he can get sex" but I'm sure confident people phone you.
    • Anonymous

I get all kinds. A lot of older, heavy virgins with decent jobs. Some married guys who kinda see it as an affair. I had a couple who used to come on. Just lots of different types.

I mean here is the thing tho. So many guys think of this as a substitute. Its not. Its a fantasy. Its fun for you but its not the real thing. There's nothing better than genuine intimacy. So if you wanna watch camgirls for fun do it. But don't stop looking for a girl to really connect with

• I love it when you say "lots". I'm always interested in the reasoning behind the demand. No I don't get cam girls, if I'm gonna pay, I'm going to an escort. Here is the reality though: most men don't use it as a substitute. Rather it's out of no choice. Many men (common adage is the 80/20 rule where only 20% of men get all the girls and 80% don't) can't get the sex life they want or attract the girls they really want, so they settle (or stay older virgins like you said). so their only window to that "other world" is through sex workers. Women can choose their sexual path, many men can't. Hence the demand. Would you date/marry a guy who has been been with escorts?

• Anonymous

I guess the problem I would have with that would be less of a moral one more of a confidence one. I like a guy who says he'd never pay for it cause he thinks he's too awesome to have to pay. Now one guy told me he was in Vegas and got an escort cuz him and his friends got carried away with the experience.. I had no problem with that. On principle it doesn't bug me. But I definitely don't wanba date the kinda guy I cam for.

• This_is_my_username
    I need to get out more. A camGirl? Damn seriously i need to go out.
    • Anonymous

Webcam porn

• Ahhh i see... Well your gonna get lots of hate from the dude :/

• ignore em

• Kuraj
    If you told me you are a cam girl I would also stop seeing you as a potential romantic partner , so I suppose I would too ask one of these questions to gain at least something out of the conversation.
  • chintita
    interesting, i didn't know this was a thing.. that seems like good pay for little work, kudos to you :D
  • alfonsosloan45
    What man would date a cam girl? Are you perfectly fine with your boyfriend being naked in front of many women?
  • pavlove
    lol the only thing any guy heard in his head while he read this:

If you're horny lets do it, ride it, my pony
    My saddle's waiting, come and jump on it
  • RationalMale
    Being a cam girl... I imagine it pays great. And the flip side of that is, sex workers don't get much respect. Why? Because a woman who sells herself like that isn't being very classy, or respectable. That's the downside of some jobs that make great cash--they can be dangerous, or require you to have no self respect, or be illegal. This would fall into the "no self respect" category.

And let's be real... if you're a guy so desperate for release you pay for sexual entertainment... and in a world of free porn, you decide that instead of going to a strip club to see nude girls in real life, or hiring a call girl... you pay a CAM GIRL, you are officially a loser at being desperate.
    • Anonymous

Like I said to the others, I wasn't talking about people who watch my shows. They can ask whatever they want! They won't always get it but they're welcome to ask.

I more or less expect that kind of treatment online. But in my personal life I don't have to settle for it. And that's what I'm talking about... guys whi want my attention in terms if dating but drive me away with rude or intrusive questions.. but then I guess if they're thinking it its better to know anyway :/ but it does get old

• Problem is, what you do at work and who you are are not two separate worlds. You're going to get treated with low respect because of what you do, just as guys would have little respect for a girl who says on a date "yeah, I work as a dancer at xyz strip club."

• Lynx122

Totally agree, you can't say I wanna do porn but when people find out about it they're not allowed to ask any questions. If you want the money you have to deal with this stuff, too bad for you.

• Blackwatch8494
    Thought provoking! I used to think that cam girls like yourself (driven, professional, serious) were rare. But a girl I went to school with actually became a cam girl for a bit. She was very professional about it and although she was glad to find a different and better paying job, she respected herself during her cam girl days. She said that many of them were really nice girls who had just stumbled into this opportunity to make some money.
  • broadsword
    I do understand fully what you are saying however you come a across as a a bit selfish. The upset and missed of whinging tone is very unattractive. What it sounds like your saying is I exploit men men for money because men are the weaker sex when it comes down to all things sexual ( which I agree ) with. However when you of duty his natural sexual inquisitiveness things that most guys want or would like to do are out of bounds.
    It is sad to me to hear a young fit intelligent woman speak and think as you do. It will be a very negative thing in you making and keeping relationships. Eventually it will really limit the number of men prepared to try and respect in you in a relationship.
    Right now money is more important to you but as your looks fad and you find yourself on your own you will regret it.
    However I always want to see people happy and you deserve to be happy good luck and I wish you well.
  • StewartBurstein
    Well said. It is just a job like any other ones. People don't understand that a performer is just like any worker that may or may not enjoy the work itself. They just do it for the money and want to stay as stealth as they can. If you will read any camgirl resource from webcamchamps. com you will see exactly how complex this job really is and probably can understand a bit of it and respect the performers more.
  • talloak
    No judgmental comments/questions like "you seem like a nice girl" or "why don't you do something else for a living?"
  • YourFutureEx
    I agree with you. I'd be pissed off by this questions too. In my opinion, #5 should be replaced with "what's your channel/website?"
    • Anonymous

That's pretty much the same as #1

• TheLuckyOne1
    I'm sure you are smarter than expecting to be viewed as anything else.
  • Bandit74
    I remember seeing a post a while back where a guy was talking about the struggles of dating a stripper. He said one of the top things was "managing expectations". That when a guy finds out a girl is involved in that line of work (porn, stripping, exotic dancing, nude modeling etc.) his expectations for the quality of his sex life goes up. They end up creating a fantasy image of you being this wild uninhibited girl and exect an above average sex life. Thats probably why they ask those questions, theyve created this fantasy of you and assume you will be open to thing ordinary girls wouldn't but are dissapointed when they realize the girl is only like that when she's working. That in private you aren't any kinkier than any other girl.

Instead of the good girl who is naughty just for them in private, the girl is wild and slutty for the men that pay her and then more normal in private.
  • kstout6
    I think the whole thing is degrading. I didn't know what she meant by a camgirl. But now that I know, you shouldn't be frustrated by that because, after all, you are a slut and a whore to them. You are deegrading yourself by being one, so if they ask stupid questions, remember, this is your job, if you want to get paid, you have to take it. My advice: Save yourself and run from it, because they are likely recording it and posting it on porn sites, which distribute it to other porn sites. So, in the end, the guy gets gratification and he is probably making a profit from you without your knowledge.
  • PippiL
    You deserve respect. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • bluenose1872
    You sell your body online and expect guys to respect you and be polite lol. Normal men don't pay for those things. Only the depraved and perverse
    • that is not only not true, but just a stupid thing to say. many people do it. from all walks of life.

• @godfatherfan there's perverse and depraved people from all walks of life. The ones with the money are usually more morally corrupt than the skint ones

• Artist10
    Well, thanks for posting this, will keep it in mind in case I ever date a camgirl but so far haven't met one.
  • Danburry_elect
    I think there's a part of men that find this to be a turn on for their partner to be a cam girl - along the lines of her being in Playboy (when it had nudes). It's proof that your girl is hot beyond what you think, because so many others desire her sexually, not just yourself. But I imagine that would get old after a while, wondering if the guy you are sitting next to at the ballgame is dropping $200 online to watch your girl gorge herself on a dildo the size of her arm.
    I suppose communication in a relationship in this line of work would be key, to clear up any misunderstandings or chances for resentment to fester. You notice I used "think","imagine","suppose" because I'm not a camgirl and have no idea what I'm talking about LOL
  • CaseyCan18
    Wow, is that something that you can make good money at?
    • Anonymous

It's a very active and growing market

• frozenhorizon
    Hmm, I have a friend trying to start doing this who hasn't really made any money yet. It sounds difficult.
  • Axel-
    I understand your frustration, and I would agree with your list of annoying questions, especially in the early parts of dating/meeting someone.

However, question 5 is a very valid and common question regardless of line of work. Everyone asks whether someone else enjoys their work. You don't get a free pass because you're a sex worker. I've met some women (not romantically met, just through network of friends) that did sex work and some said they enjoyed it and some said they didn't but the money was great. Ok, good to know either way. I don't like my own job but the money is phenomenal. The woman I'd be interested in dating has a right to know this.

The others questions are stupid and annoying and disrespectful.
  • aliceinwonderland69
    Do guys ever get jealous and ask you to stop?
    Does your work make you view men differently?
    Does your work make you view relationships differently?
    • Anonymous

I think more than get jealous and ask me to stop the guys in my life question whether it's good for me emotionally and say I could have better options of I apply myself to something else

And I mean of course, in some ways. Every experience with men changes my view on them. I tend to see guys as very 1 dimensional in general sense. But of course not all guys are like that. I've known some guys who are just beautiful people so I haven't lost respect for men.

And on the last one, no. I still value love, sex and intimacy in a partnership. I think it'd shock people how traditional my views on relationships are

• Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

• Cosytoasty
    Interesting, never would have imagined someone in your industry drawing such a sharp line between work and personal life.