How Often Do You Masturbate & More: Top 10 Questions About Masturbation

gagTake a

Some of you were wondering why we started this weekly Top 10 Questions series, but the answer is simple: GAGers post a lot of great questions, and we want to highlight them! Some of our most popular topics on the site can’t be answered with simply one question and one answer, so we are sharing some of the most popular GAG subjects to help you dive into the topics you’ve been most curious about!

We’ve shared questions about kissing and threesomes in the past, but today we are going to take a more personal approach and share YOUR opinions on a little self-service: masturbation. Whether you’re cleaning the pipes, buffing the banana, flogging the dog, spanking the monkey - you get the picture - masturbation is awesome and always a hot topic on GAG. From how often you do it to your favorite techniques, indulging in some personal pleasure is nothing to be shy about!

Take a look at our top 10 questions about masturbation and share your opinions below!

What do YOU think about when you masturbate? - Anonymous

How many times a week do you masturbate? - @__jessicats

Are you loud when you masturbate? - @DBmusic2

My mom just found out I watch porn… And I am a girl. What do I do? - @anon_chick

Do guys enjoy watching girls masturbate? - Anonymous

Do you masturbate in the shower? - Anonymous

Which hand do you use to masturbate? - @isitillegal

Girls and guys - what’s your favorite porn to masturbate to? - @laura37_87

Is there anything wrong with 2 guys masturbating together? - @BlondMatthew420

Guys, when you masturbate, where do you cum? Maybe you got a prefered "place" ? - @ivylly

106
57

Most Helpful Girl

• luvstoned4him
    Masturbation is awesome ! When I masturbate I think about a guy and I doing erotic things (insert here). I do it every day and sometimes twice a day. I can be loud but most times am quiet. I do it in the shower and other places, using my right hand as always.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

56105
  • BellePepper
    These are really starting to scrape the barrel. It's unfortunate that the people working on these lists don't feature the actual content this site produces.

What's the next list? Top 10 Topless Question? Ooooo alliteration.
  • hairydudesrock
    I indulge in some self loving on days where I feel aroused and my husband isn't around to help satisfy me, it's perfectly normal. The best description of female masturbation I've heard is when a religious nut described it as ringing the devils doorbell :-)
  • Amanda2
    It depends sometimes its three times a day, for a week
    Sometimes 5x a day every other day
    Sometimes 3x a week
    I have an insane sex drive so it all depends on how much gas there is to pedal
    • sealteam42

Are you a comic book nerd I no that's random but I see the pic and have to ask

• Rudon30

Yeah exactly how it goes for me except it depends on how busy and active my work days have been. When exhausted and drained it kicks in as to slow the pace and pass time

• Amanda2

@sealteam42 Yes I am. I am more of a DC girl. I am not too into comics as I was, because I am in medical school now.

• fleur-de-lys
    I masturbate almost every morning, and I started when I was 8-9 years old. I wonder how come guys do not hook up with girls more and get addicted to porn. Nowadays, in North America, they have become so apathetic, they won't make a move, call you, plan a date or anything, they just want a virtual relationship, and that sucks. Some very good looking guys just drink beer at the bar when you go clubbing and won't make a move. Show some initiative and interest!
  • Curiousness23
    Kinda everyday but it really depends like usually it's twice a day if i am busy and if not then i'll do 4 or more in a row at night but what is even weirder is that the less time and energy i have the more i do it... kind of a way to relieve stress i guess and... i am a reallyyyy stressed person so... yeah... ahahah >.< ♥
  • LandisLit
    To honest, I do it every single night. It makes me sleep better and it's gets very lonely, living the single life.
  • LolaB167
    Not as much as I used to. I used to do it a lot. It's not the real deal, but it will do. Sometimes, I find it to be pointless. I know how to get myself off really well, but as I said it just doesn't equal that feeling of being kissed, and the feeling of having a nice warm body rubbing against you.
  • RedMFawkes
    I just think about having sex, or I try to think of myself as really sexy (wierd, I know!). I also love to watch porn while I masturbate.

I masturbate like 2-3 times a day if I'm not with someone. One of those times is in the shower.

Im pretty loud, I think.

And I use my left hand.
    • hotguy1

do you play with your breasts when you masturbate?

• cyndyrene
    It use to be twice a day, but since I'm busy with life and what not. Once every couple of days keeps my inner 'whore' in check. :)
  • AARON9890
    As a single man, I masturbate fairly regularly, maybe 3-4 times a week. I am not loud when i masturbate, i tend to be quite quiet when i do so as i live in my parents house when not at uni so i worryr they may hear me haha.

I love watching a girl masturbate if they are in the same room with me but when watching porn it wouldn't be something that would appeal to me as there is obviously much better content online

I generally use my strong hand (right) but try to switch it up a bit when i masturbate. I never really do so in the shower, even though it would be an easier clean up. This is mainly down to the fact that id have to use my imagination if doing so in the shower and that is difficult for me and would take a long long time. Favourite porn would generally involve younger, small girls but i have a thing for home-made porn as it seems more genuine to me and id rend to orgasm much better to that stuff.

I have no particular place that i enjoy cumming when i masturbate by myself, generally ill use a tissue or if im standing id cum onto a towel. Generally speaking i get a stronger orgasm when standing.
  • Bigclit
    i dont masturbate weekly i randomly masturbate it could be 3 times a week or 5 months from now its whenever i want to and feel horny. no im not loud i moan here and there but im not loud. i use to masturbate in the shower not anymore. right hand left hand feels weird to use lol. solo male, older guy younger girl, pov homemade. um two guys masturbating whatever flows their boat dont really care.
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    I suppose like most it depends if I am in a relationship or not. If not I would say daily or every two days but sometimes I like to leave it a couple of days to build up a bit of tension. I had a quick run through the questions, I reckon I fall into the group of people who like a bit of time, a comfortable setting to run an arousing scenario through my head to get me in the mood. To me getting there is almost as good as arriving at your destination.
  • lyssabugg35
    It's really all over the place and depends on my mood and sex life. If I'm in sc relationship in don't masterbate (I find sex more enjoyable holding off).

If I'm single about twice a week (I haven't really been been in the mood lately so it's a low number). I've also masterbated as much as 5 times a day.

But masterbating if I'm single doesn't decrease my urge for sex.
  • AceOtana1
    Depends on whether I'm in the mood. Some days I have no interest in sex. Some days I'm very interested.
    When I'm in the mood I might do it once a day. When not in the mood, then not at all. In fact I've gone an entire month without doing it. All depends if I'm in interested in sex at the time.
  • Cmasterson
    It really depends, could watch porn, could watch my partners video, probably once a day or less depending on how much time I have.. use to in the shower not anymore.
    • hotguy1

• ManOnFire
    It's still pretty regular for me. The most I have time for is usually before bed. On days where I've get plenty of time and nowhere to be I can beat off 3 times in about an hour or two. I find that the longer you wait to do it again each time it gets harder. Doing it closer together seems to build your endurance or something.
    • AL2000

I've found the same thing. I can beat off several times if there's nothing to do. Does help with endurance thats for sure. especially when it comes to waiting before ejaculating. Waiting for a couple of days can be tough, but it gets more difficult. Also depends on what porn I have on.

• ManOnFire

@AL2000 God, so true. Right now I've been in another one of my horny ruts for older women and I've been whacking every night even though I KNOW I've got to give it a rest for awhile. So hard to break that spell though.

• AL2000

Oh yes, it really is extremely difficult, Having a lot of time on your hands, (no pun intended) SO many awesome variety of porn, and I just continue for so long. I have for a few days now. I have many different videos I like, and I will come several times a day. However It does build a type of endurance. Glad you think the same way. How would you consider giving it a rest? Seems way too difficult, unless one is forced out of it by unseen circumstances, work, a trip, etc.

• wagsingle
    Well, I'm pansexual, so my fav porn is bisexual 3 way porn. Especially (but not only) MMF. I especially like it when a girl and a guy take turns sucking the same guy. Especially when the guy is really into it and gets those puppy dog eyes as he longingly waits his turn.
  • BigBoyBob
    I once read that there are two kinds of masturbaters. Those that ADMIT that they masturbate and those that PRETEND that they do not. :)

In another thread I mentioned dating a girl that needed sex about three times a day. If you are in a relationship like that, believe me, you won't masturbate. You'll have nothing left, and you will need the rest. ;) If you are solo and have not had sex in a while, then masturbation is a healthy way to enjoy sex solo.
  • joeclem111
    Hey, good men do not need to masturbate! What kind of men do you know? Good men understand the G spot BUT know the A spot, they know what a clitoris is about, they have "magic fingers", they have silky tongues, ALL of this for you All you need to do is open your mouth and ask BUT, maybe you are a girl who wants but does not give? Think about that one.
    .
  • Battooot
    I won't lie... everyday. I have such a high sex drive it's actually crazy. It ranges from 1 to 5 times a day generally (mostly between 1-3 times). My maximum was 7 times and i was still horny but i had to stop myself cause i was scared that my organs were gonna come out next.

I wonder what will happen to the girl who i will lose my virginity to. I hope she's a survivor.
  • Grace_Rdz
    At least once or twice a day.
    I guess I'm just a very horny person xc
    • Fingers, toy, or vibrations?

• cadans

couse u are teen..

• Grace_Rdz

@cadans Indeed, I am

• vishna
    I don't touch myself that much. I wait for my boyfriend to come every few weeks and satisfy me. I use to do it a lot, almost every week day, back in high school.
    • Luck4Luck

Sure you boyfrined is so lucky to keep ur self for him

• allison13
    A few times a week, especially when I'm ovulating (I think--it's that time a few weeks before my period so I assume I'm ovulating). When I'm on my period, I usually don't. Sometimes a week or so passes when I don't. It depends on my mood really.
  • CourtLove57
    Whenever I feel the urge. I have gone a long time without masturbating, but there have been times when I'll do it everyday. Just depends.
    • hotguy1

• scottlouise
    Masturbation is good for both men and women. I would like to thankful my favourite store “PleasurePlayz. com” for making me more enjoyable with their latest toy.
  • baryaakov555
    1. I don’t think about anything specific I just watch porn or sext on kik.

2. I masturbate a lot but there are periods when I do it every day like 5-10 times a day (I think I have a problem I don't know but I can cum and get horny again like 5 minutes later) and if I don’t cum 5-10 times on those periods I just edge myself for hours like the actual orgasm is less important for me that the actual masturbating and then there are periods that ones every 2-3 days is enough and only for 20-30 minutes.

3. i’m very quiet not a voice not even heavy breathing now even when I cum lol.

4. watching porn and masturbating is natural and your mother should understand that and accept it you can talk with her about it and explain or just never talk about it, but if it gets awkward between you then you should talk and work things out.

5. yes watching other girls pleasuring themselves is very enjoyable for me especially if they are aware (I mean like not porn not creeping on someone lmao) and we sext.

6. i masturbate in the shower few times didn’t like that so much.

7. i used to masturbate with my right hand but it’s hard for me to use the phone with my left so when I got my first phone (age 13) I somehow got used to masturbate with my left hand because I need the right to search porn and all that lol and now I can’t masturbate with my right hand anymore it feels so weird and I feel like it doesn’t fit on my dick like my hand is bend or something idk🤣

8. my favorite porn would be bdsm I’m into that kinky stuff.

9. I don't know but I’d never do it.

10. on myself, on the floor, in the toilet, when in the toilet is my favorite because I don’t have to clean up anything lol.
  • Andreas95
    What do YOU think about when you masturbate?
    Usually I watch porn or I think about hot girls I know or girls I'm having a crush on.

How many times a week do you masturbate?
    9+

Are you loud when you masturbate?
    Not really.

Do guys enjoy watching girls masturbate?
    Of course. I think girls masturbating are insanely hot. I often imagine girls I know masturbating.

Do you masturbate in the shower?
    Sometimes.

Which hand do you use to masturbate?
    Right one. Since I'm right-handed.

Girls and guys - what’s your favorite porn to masturbate to?
    I kind of like anal, lesbian and blowjobs. Sometimes also kinky stuff.

Is there anything wrong with 2 guys masturbating together?
    I wouldn't want to masturbate along with someone else. But hey everyone can do what he wants.

Guys, when you masturbate, where do you cum? Maybe you got a prefered "place" ?
    Mostly into paper tissues, sometimes in the shower. Sometimes I also cum into a little plastic cup and then wash it out because I don't have paper tissues or I don't want to waste so many.
  • Jennyg123
    I am definitely more likely to initiate things like hjs than I am to masturbate lol being alone makes me think of how sleepy I am. Also, I get very loud and its hard to use my toy and tease myself while covering my mouth lol. So I'd rather do stuff like that with my boyfriend for a "helping hand". Even if I don't masturbate more than 2 or 3 times a week, when I do masturbate its for at least an hour and is usually coupled with a lot of porn and a lot of edging. Of course, playing with a partner is much more entertaining.
  • Clinkz
    I thought that getting off anything more than 5 times a week was a lot but it feels after reading some comments that it's not that unusual with people doing it like that guy in the wolf of wall street.
  • jcoldstream
    Several times a day including nights, at work, and evenings. I also masturbate my husband and others.
    • Blushing

• Omg thats hot. Do you ever sneak to do it?

• @Help123yay I've more than once asked to talk to my husband at his work, been shown into his office and given him a hand job there.

• ZenithDawn
    i cum on my belly chest and face it really depends on how powerful my orgasm was. i like to jerk off to Shemale fucks guy or gets fucked by guy porn and
    femboys jerking off. I dont masturbate in the shower because 1 i take showers with my boyfriend most of the time and 2 it makes my shit feel dry. Im right handed i use my Left hand to stroke and my right to massage my balls. I do enjoy watching my boyfriend masturbate but i prefer doing shit with him instead of watching.
  • ConsultantIsBack
    It just varies.. but I almost always get my load emptied every 24 hours, either by a girls mouth, a girls hand, a girls pussy or my hand.
  • bluenose1872
    Only once... an hour now. Used to be more but I'm getting older and can only do it with one hand. I've got a left arm like popeyes just now and a skinny right one. Need to get somebody else to help me out. It's hard work satisfying me
    • What is really funny is that i am the female version of you at this point lol my arm just goes numb but i am never satisfied, i think we could make it work ahahaahah

• @Curiousness23 get the positioning right and we could keep each going all day. I'm a lefty so if your a righty it's perfect. My left arm is like the energiser bunny.

• omg energiser bunny lol X'D yeah all day long until we black out seems perfect to me and yesh i am a righty ♥

• james_beau
    It depends on my day.
    On a normal day, like when I have school, it is usually before I go to bed. Sometimes in the morning.
    If it's a weekend and I don't have to be any where, than it can be any number of times. Between 3 and 6 times.
  • MystiKaL
    I bash my bishop about 4-5 times a week. Sometimes I might even do it twice in 24 hours. This helps when you are single and the sack is building up with frustration.
  • Crazyinlove2003
    I do prolly 4 times a week alone. Not including fun with partner!!
  • Louise95
    I do it once a day, when I get time. On a weekend maybe twice 😜
  • skinningk20
    I don't masterbate
    Never have
    Never will
    I rather enjoy a guy with me
    • Same, come on guys just let the fisherman do his job.😏

• Louisetiger1
    Daily, I used to do it daily maybe not so often now. I've known people who have spent whole days doing it.
    • hotguy1

• curiousTonny
    1. I think of of my crush giving me oral or a handjob
    2. I masturbate 1~3times a day
    3. No im actually quite quiet
    4. you should confess to your mom sheel understand
    5. Im not a "HUGE" fan of that but i wouldn't mine looking at some o faces
    6. i rarely masturbate in the shower i like it laying down
    7. i use my right hand but some times i change hands or use home made toys
    8. i think thats kinda weird. .
    9. When i cum it usually goes to my belly and i clean up afterwards
  • pewdiepie_
    I do masturbate when I can't handle the force of the mighty power. I regularly watch porn and it's my daily routine. By the way I use "Stop and Start Technique" and believe me I do masturbate for 4 Hours straight and can surpass even more than that. I have trained my dick to listen to me and it is fully controlled by me, I can blow my cum whenever I want.
  • lemonsaresosour_
    1. about fucking my crush and making her scream in pleasure
    2. about twice a day so about 14 times a week 😂
    3. yeah kinda, esp when i use my pocket pussy
    4. everyone does it.
    5. hell yes i live for that
    6. no. i can’t can’t cum standing up.
    7. right!
    8. amateur ftw
    9. er no comments
    10. yes i creampie my toys
  • Boogs66
    I am up in years and don't have the stamina to have sex very often, but that doesn't mean I don't get horny. So when I get horny I find it easier to masturbate than have actual sex with my wife because I don't have the endurance anymore, it's to physically demanding.
  • DaniaMQ
    Hmmm, that's weird! I used to get notifications of the " people" i follow and gag was one of them, i fixed it from the setting
    • DaniaMQ

Wtf... This wasn't supposed to be here 😆😆

• DaniaMQ

@LaikaFreefall i thought i was replaying to your comment but then i figured out i posted an opinion lol

anyways, that's what i wanted to say after u said "I did. It does not appear to be an option... "

• cometboy
    At least 3 times a week for me, even when I'm with someone. I use both hands and used to shoot on my chest. Since growing hair there I use a towel or yesterday's boxers to make the cleanup easier.
  • stumpyjoe2016
    Once per day if I'm on my own... If I'm fortunate enough to wrestle with a woman, still, once per day. It just needs to be done.
  • Borginborg
    Fuck I envy you guys. I would love to blow my load every day! I am a full-time single dad so getting laid daily ain't happening and I masturbate like I have sex, long and drawn out lol. Last wack off session took me 6 hours but I had a great sexting/Snapchat session with my longtimefriend with benefits but she finished way more times than me before I finished after 6 hours! My cock was like a firehose when I finished and blew everywhere for what seemed like forever. Despite the mess it was a very satisfactory session.
  • WhatAreYouReading
    I don't think about anything other then getting there when I masturbate. I just follow to the high so I can either crash or finish a movie or a good part of a book before having to get up and pee (cumming makes it so you don't have to pee for a little while -lol). I do it maybe 3-4 times a week usually just to unwind so I can sleep but like I say I do it occasionally to by myself time. I am not loud. I don't watch porn. I don't masturbate in the shower, it would be impossible for me to. I don't use a hand or a toy to masturbate.
    • hotguy1

• FantasyGeek05
    It depends on what I'm doing that day
    If I have a lot to do then at least once before I go to bed to relieve all that and some says when I literally can't do anything maybe because of the weather I could go every your or so
  • normalice
    I only masturbate if I'm taking it in the butt. I'm not gay or anything, so it's not like I do it very often (haven't in ~8 years), but masturbation just feels 'suboptimal' without anal stimulation, and using a finger seems gross. I'm not vested enough to go out and buy a sex toy. I'd rather just find a random guy to fuck my butt. Plus, I can usually finish in his, which makes cleanup easier. Of course, this is all only if I can't find a girl to fuck, which is generally the only reason I'd consider masturbating in the first place..
    • But how come you're not gay if you like taking a dick in your ass and fucking a dude's butt?

• normalice

@Curiousness23 The term "heteroflexible" seems appropriate. I have no attraction to men. The only quality I find even remotely interesting about them is their convenience. I can barely stand their smell and voice. But, on the other hand, I don't have the "psychological barriers" that would otherwise dissuade me from doing sexual things with men.

I mean, think of it this way: pretend you don't like brussel sprouts. One day you find yourself abandoned in some island and have plenty of water, and you know the rescue boat will be by to pick you up in about a week. What you don't have is food, except there is a whole chest full of brussel sprouts on the island. If you eat them, are you a vegetarian, now?

Similarly, to me, having sex with men because I'm so horny I can barely see straight (haha pun..) doesn't mean I actually like to have sex with men. It's simply slightly less annoying than masturbation. Just like eating brussel sprouts is slightly less agonizing than starving.

• i like that image ok :3 as a high sex drive 24/7 horny person i understand the "i can't see straight" lol so okay, i mean i'd do it with a girl too even if i'm straight ♥ muhaaha