The Justification of Rape in Today's Society

Anonymous

I firmly believe that nothing justifies rape, absolutely nothing. But, sometimes I feel as if I am alone in this. In my time on this sight I have come across a few men who have tried to justify sexual assault to me, and I was apalled. I have even come across some men in my real life who have tried to do the same.

Sexual assault happens to both men and women and it needs to stop being justified. No matter what the person has done in the past, no matter what they are wearing or doing, or if they originally said and yes and then changed their minds.

NO MEANS NO!

If a woman is breastfeeding, this is not an invitation to look at or touch her breast. If a girl or guy is dancing seductively, this not an invitation to grope them.

The other day I had a man, one of my professors in College ,tell me that if ia woman does not want to get raped then she shouldn't dress in a way that invites a rapist. Do you know what this means? It means that he thinks that if a girl wears a lowcut shirt or a miniskirt then she is asking to be raped and that is wrong because it is a justification of rape. Everyone should have the freedom to wear what they want.

Wearing sexy clothes does not cause rape, rapist cause rape.

So many people treat those who come forward with a rape claim as if they are dirty and liers is this is not good for the victims. It makes them feel as if you don't care and in most cases the rapist walks free.

My cousin was sexually assaulted by her father and they did nothing because in the end the jury came up with ways to justify it. It wasn't until she was seventeen that he signed over his parental rights.

I am saddened by modern society. The justification of rape is so common that it makes my heart hurt. I only hope that one day the justification of rape is haulted and this horrible crime is taken seriously along with other forms of sexuall assault on both men and women...because it can happen to men too and people need to quit acting like men are immune to sexual assault.

The Justification of Rape in Today's Society.

56
20

Most Helpful Guys

• LogicBomber
    EVERYONE in society believes that nothing justifies rape. FFS!
    But that doesn't mean not holding people responsible for their own choices and decisions either.

You are right, sexual assault of men, by women, is definitely justified/ignored/excused/etc.
    But society doesn't justify rape of women.

That doesn't mean women shouldn't take some basic fucking steps to protect themselves from bad people or expect bad people to magically stop being bad people because they feel entitled.

When the definition of rape means shit like "regret", "feeling obligate", or having a sip of alcohol and claiming you are "drunk"... then you make rape a joke. It's not people justifying it, it's people who believe the rape nonsense that make it hard for real rape to be taken seriously. If you want real rape victims to not "look like dirty liars" then you need to stop with the nonsense definitions of rape and making a mocker of it.

"If a woman is breastfeeding, this is not an invitation to look at or touch her breast."
    NO SHIT. It's also not RAPE if someone does.

The professor is 100% right. He wasn't saying she "DESERVED" to be raped. He was simply saying that bad people exist and therefore we humans should take precautions to protect ourselves from bad people. When it's our property it seems logical enough, we lock our door, we hide our valuables, etc. This isn't rocket science. But for some magical mentally defunct reason, this logic vanishes when it comes to women taking responsibility for themselves.
    I have "every right" to walk down an alley in Detroit covered in gold jewelry... But I won't fucking do it! Because I don't want to die! I can't simply say "teach thieves not to steal" and expect that they will magically stop.

As for your "rape stats" which are obviously from some bullshit feminist echo chamber...
    They are FALSE!
    LESS than 1 in 1000 rapes happen in the US per YEAR.
    https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv16.pdf
    This includes the fabricated variation of "those who don't come forward" (your post says 60% and it's sometimes 80, others say 90 because fabricated numbers can be anything.)
    This 1 in 1000 also doesn't remove the 40% of rape accusations that end up false. SO actual rape is not as common as your ideology would have you believe. Fake victim culture is a shame and you need to stop pushing the fear-mongering.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Chief16
    If you bolt up the door of your house and take enough precaution, you can most certainly prevent a break in or worse, something lethal.
    However if you keep your door open and say 'its my freedom I can do whatever the hell I want', you're just asking for trouble. Why do murderers murder? Or rapists rape? Well, whatever sick reasons these fucks give, its pretty simple, they do this stuff because they can.
    Nothing can be done about that, but something can definitely be done about our safety. Nobody is justifying rape. I'd rather it not happen at all than go punishing the sicko who committed the act. After all prevention is better than the cure.
    Is this still revelant?
    • cipher42

Are you intentionally missing the point? First off, regardless of how strong the temptation/opportunity to commit a crime was, it's still a fucking crime. The issue here is that way too many people try to justify rape and don't treat it as an actual crime just because they think there was some sort of temptation. Secondly, your example just doesn't work. Your example is about the crime being easy to commit, not there being too much temptation to avoid it, which is what the "dressed inappropriately" argument is about. If someone's walking around town dressed nicely and in a way that makes them look affluent, no one sees that as asking to get mugged because they're showing off how much money they have. But besides that, statistically, people are more likely to be raped by someone they already know. So obviously it ain't about just straight up temptation, it's a lot more personal than that, so your example really does not apply in the slightest anyhow.

• Chief16

@cipher42 know who is justifying rape? Most of these people don't even know difference between sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape, so guess what they do? Clump them in the same category. Do you think anyone in their right mind go about asking for life imprisonment because someone slapped their butt?

• cipher42

You're changing the subject. Getting those categories confused isn't justifying rape, how can you even claim that? And you are aware that rape is a form of sexual assault, yes? And that all three are in fact interrelated issues, so addressing all of them in the same discussion is entirely reasonable.

But in any case, as I said, you're changing the subject. What you are talking about is not the subject at hand, and you are once again completely missing the point and for some reason choosing to talk about your own issues rather than the ones actually being discussed.

Most Helpful Girl

• lumos
    Lol at people claiming "rape culture doesn't exist in America". Then why is it still so important to ask the victim what they were wearing? If they were drinking? If they decided to walk alone or with friends? Why do we ask the victims those questions that mean jack shit to the actual investigation, instead of asking if they're ok, or encouraging them to tell people what happened? Why do people still hold the victim partially or entirely accountable for what happened, even if there was nothing the victim could have done to prevent it from happening? Why do male victims of rape get laughed at, criticized and brushed off when they step forward? When the rapists are young, athletic men who were seemingly doing well in school etc, why is the victim blamed for "ruining their bright future"? Why is there no sympathy for the victim and what they went through? Why are we crying over a future that the rapists themselves ruined? (Ex. Steubenville High school rape case). On gag, I've seen (western) men claim that a woman "deserves to get raped" if she cheats. Why is it that rapists are excused from committing statutory rape because the victim is deemed as "looking older than their actual age"? Why is it that when the victim of rape is paralyzed with fear, unable to kick, scream, call for help, or otherwise incapable of getting away from the situation, it's seen as consent? Like if the victim doesn't make an effort to aggressively get out of the rapist's grip, it's their own fault for getting raped? Or it somehow justifies the rape?
    All of these things happen. All. The. Fucking. Time. That's what rape culture is. You people are ignorant as fuck and absolutely BLIND if you can't see that this shit happens everywhere in the world.
    Is this still revelant?
    • lumos

"Help me officer! Someone just broke into my house and stole all my valuable items!"
      "Ok. But what were you wearing?"
      "Excuse me?"
      "Were you drinking?"
      "How is this even rel-"
      "Did you try to defend yourself and/or your belongings? Did you at any point yell at them to leave your house?"
      "I'm-"
      "Dear God, this person you're accusing of robbing your house is a famous athlete. Their career is going to be completely ruined, all because of you!"
      "I don't even care, I just want my stuff-"
      "You should be ashamed of yourself. You shouldn't have been wearing those clothes or drinking. You should have made an effort to defend your belongings. Buy some pepper spray and a gun."

See how ridiculous that sounds?

• jacquesvol

@lumos
      I'm with you on this.

• You deserve an award dude, well said!

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1954
  • AleDeEurope
    Bullshit. There's no rape culture. Stop trying to make it a thing cause it's not.
    Sexual assault isn't rape, don't even compare them, cause touching a girl's breast, or a man's chest, without consent, is sexual assault, and that is not traumatizing like rape.

NOTHING justifies rape and sexual assault, I do agree on that. It is wrong and those people should be put in jail. But how are you gonna put someone in jail when you don't have prove of their actions? If there's no signs that they were raped, and it's your word against their's, how can you expect the judge to send the other person to jail? You can't, it's impossible cause you can't send a person to jail just because of what someone says, unless that someone is a witness, that's different.

Again, there's no rape culture, that will mean that most people get raped, and that this isn't condemned, which is absolute bullshit, cause if in prisons, rapists and child molesters get treated like shit by other inmates, if criminals are against those actions, the rest of the population is too.

And by the way, most rape statistics are lies, cause it doesn't match up with the rest of the stats.
  • Negrodamuss
    Eh I'm just going to assume that we're talking about a country like India here and not the USA, because there isn't a rape culture there in my view. You don't have incidents like what happened with the Rolling Stone @ the University of Virginia occurring in an actual rape culture. In an actual rape culture, you have media and authority figures doing everything possible to hide rape, while in the USA, you have the media doing everything it can to bring rape cases to light, both the false and true.

Oh and P. S. Sexual assault doesn't automatically equal rape. The U. S. is a huge place population wise. Of coarse there's going to semm to be a lot of pretty much anything happening due to the sheer size of the place. What matters most though is how the general public views these crimes. Last i checked, the U. S. population in general wasn't pro-rape or sympathetic to rapists. I know some feminists like to get all hot and bothered over a collection of dudes on twitter who will make some snide post about what the victim was wearing as evidence that we live in a rape culture, but until i start seeing the stats which show the majority of the population is pro rape, or at the very least sympathetic to rapists... i'm not going to buy into this idea that we live in a rape culture. Never.
    • jacquesvol

@Negrodamuss
      "not the USA, because there isn't a rape culture there in my view."Thee, Sir, must be joking.
      www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...tment_n_1834196.html
      www.google.com/search
      www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...ities_b_3379156.html
      "Out of every 100 instances of rape, only 7 lead to an arrest, and only 3 are referred to prosecutors" rainn.org/.../working-with-the-criminal-justice-system
      When rape is called "forcing sex" or "surprise sex" many people don't consider it rape anymore.

• @jacquesvol the military definitely has a problem with rape instances, which i forgot to mention. Other than that, no rape culture. If you want to believe in it, thats fine. i won't stop ya. But i don't buy it, and probably never will

• jacquesvol

@Negrodamuss The Army isn't a tiny group:
      475,000 Active personnel (2016)
      540,000 Reserve and National Guard personnel (2016)
      1,015,000 total (2016)[3]
      4,948 aircraft[4]
      according to Wikipedia. And then there are all the military contractors working for the MoD. No idea of their exact number but 'enough'.

Not a negligible group thus.

• FakeName123
    1. "Wearing sexy clothes does not cause rape, rapist cause rape."

There was a research a while ago where several convicted serial rapists were asked for their predator-scheme. Little clothes / clothes that are easy to rip-off were highly prefered. So while the clothes do NOT cause rape, they do invite rapists.
    It's like you have the choice to look left and right before crossing the street or just walk. I personally would choose looking left and right and I would choose wearing clothes that don't make me a more likely prey

2. That picture at the end is just fear-mongering based on the 1in5 study which is utter bullshit. I read the entire 100+ pages of it.

3. Learn what confirmation bias and selective perception is. It will help you greatly understand that you are seeing and perceiving what you want to see and perceive. We humans are subjective and biased and the earlier you understand that you are, the easier you can actual try to create objective views and decisions on things.
  • Steelcore1085
    You do realize that the unbelievably major part of the male population thinks that rape is wrong, right? The majority of men you meet aren't gonna rape you, because they know it's fucking wrong. The very miniscule part of the male population (and it's extremely small) don't give a fuck about the evil of rape and just do it anyway, even though they know it's wrong, but that's still an extremely small part of the male population. Rape culture doesn't exist, but dumb women like you who hate men continue to push an idea that it exists.

But you know what is an epidemic? A false rape accusation culture, where women are encouraged to fuck over a man's life with a false rape accusation if he does or say something the dumb bitch doesn't like. Between 8-50% of rape cases filed by women are false accusations. But many times, the man gets convicted based on the words of the bitch alone. A man actually spent 29 fucking years in jail because a stupid girl like the author of this MyTake decided to accuse him of rape, when he didn't do the crime. He spent 29 years in jail because of a vindictive and selfish bitch. What's even worse, is that women don't face consequences for false rape accusations. I could list all the other cases I know of, but I won't waste my time doing that.

You're nothing more than a man-hating bigot who juat got out of her gwnder studies class, and decided to go anon while writing this because you knew you'd get flak for your MyTake. All you are doing is scaring women away from men and basically calling men a bunch of rapey Neanderthals. Women like you are why relations between the genders are so fucked up, is because you put out bullshit that's vitriolic and makes women look line idiots. Women like you are why I honestly don't like the female half of the human race very much.
  • Jms9000
    This is a very simple thing. As long as men believe, in their souls, that they are inherently "superior" to women, that women are "tings" that can be possessed (or claimed; as in "stand aside fellas, that one's MINE") and are assumed to be subservient, weak and in need of "protection" rape will always be a supported position on a large side of the curve.

Our world has to stop telling boys and girls that women are naturally made by God as weak, incapable of independence, and constantly vulnerable to every form of violence - hero-worship is one of the greatest fallacies in our culture. If women are weak and in need of protection, then any man who does anything "protective" for a woman deserves sex in return, right? NO.

Rape is an active choice made by a morally corrupt person to take the ability of another person to decide their own fate away from them.

Any argument that anyone can "ask to be raped" is morally bankrupt. There is NEVER a time or place or situation in which a desire to dominate anyone is an excuse or justification for rape. What kind of bottom feeding limbic-brain scum actually says " my biology makes me want sex and if I can't have a consensual relationship I'll just take sex in any form that appears before me,"?

Rape is a choice no one HAS to make.
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    I totally agree with your statement no justification for rape or sexual assault within the parameters of your take. It is such an emotive issue, you have to be careful in what language you, there are cases of false rape accusations such as people who had sex and regretted it who resort to assault accusations to cover their tracks and also a philosophy that every guy who hits on a girl is a pervert regardless on how polite they were.
    We can a 100% agree nothing justifies sexual assault/rape no matter what the victim does but I feel a grey area must be highlighted which affects men and genuine assault/rape victims.
    That said I have no figures to hand but I would surmise that the very vast majority of claims of assault/rape are legitimate probably well into the high 90s percents but a small grey area exists.
    What I am saying the behaviour of certain groups in our society is appalling but that doesn't make every person of that group a potential rapist.
    In conclusion, your logic is totally sound and holds water but don't allow it to be hijacked and pushed too far so that positions become polarised. I say this a lot about the more controversial topics on here. explore what you have in common rather than your differences. As a group all agree sexual assault/rape is wrong, what can be done as a society to change attitudes that facilitate or give people an "Out" legally or societally. As a group you will find a lot of common ground/behaviours that will be deemed inappropriate or indefensible.
    Really when it comes down to it we want the victims to get a fair process and to prevent as many future incidents as possible,
    • M_A_X

That's a very valid point. There are many false rape accusations that occur, and the sad thing is, you don't see women getting mad at the females who report false rapes, when you'd think that would be the most appalling thing to them.

• WalterRadio
    There is no such thing as a "rape culture".

There is plenty such thing as stupidity among women and idiots among men.

If you don't want to be raped, you can avoid 99% of the causes by:
    1. Don't get drunk.
    2. Don't be alone with a man you don't intend to have sex with.
    3. Be aware of your surroundings.
    4. Carry a gun.

Take responsibility for your own self.
    • Rainie_

Its not as simple as that. What about people who are raped by family members? Or what about if they were raped by their friend or their boyfriend/girlfriend even, people who they thought they could trust? Or what about a teacher? Or rape that happens in jail?

You really CANNOT always avoid 99% of the causes.

And carrying a gun is not just going to solve all problems, its illegal in most countries anyway.

• @Rainie_
      You have listed 6 types. three of those are in my avoidance list.

Thank the God of your choice, that I live in a country and State where I can and do carry a gun. I know a number of women in my State who carry guns too.

Don't get me wrong. I think true assault rapists (those that jump out of the bushes upon a jogger, or break into a home) should be executed and those that rape young children should be castrated. I am saying that these are really quite rare in modern countries.

• Hellboy71
    There is not justification for rape, and I wish this movement to legalize rape would go away. It's absolute idiocy. Women deserve to be treated the same as any man does. You don't really hear about men being raped, except maybe in prison. And there is a lot of BS going on with everything related to sexual assault, just a look, does not make sexual assault, and there are even cases, where a man accidentally bumps into a woman on a moving bus, or subway train, and he gets charged with sexual assault. Everything is out of control right now, things need to be changed for the better. Just like frivolous lawsuits, if you spill coffee on yourself and you get burnt it's your fault not the restaurants. So, if you are on a bus or subway train, you should expect people to accidentally bump into you, or if you are breastfeeding in public, people are going to look. Hell there was a woman, at a zoo, who went into a corner and had an orangutan watching her, I'm sure some would have tried pressing charges against the orangutan, or the zoo.
  • ComDom
    Rape culture is delusion. None of the backing is valid. Rape is routinely punished and it is also declining. Also the stats Feminists often use are blatantly false.

Could dressing provocatively increase the likelihood of being raped? Maybe. Better to be safe than sorry especially if you're in a dangerous area. Could drinking increase the likelihood a potential rape victim not correctly remembering the situation? Yes? Could it lead them to do testing to see if they had been roofied. Yes.

Also when cops investigate a rape accusation they aren't going to assume. The purpose of an investigation is to determine the truth. So they will ask as many questions as needed to reach viable conclusions. I never hear people trying to justify rape, ever... like literally ever. Unless it's a comedian or something.

Now here's the part I don't understand. Feminist claim to want to be equal but when they are taught how to be equal and protect themselves they want nothing to do with it. They want to be protected by an external entity, i. e. the law or men. Men are taught routinely not to go to dangerous places... because it reduces the chance we'll get mugged or killed. We're also taught to lock our doors. We don't complain about that. We accept it.

New conspiracy theory... Feminists actually want a Patriarchy. Or a Matriarchy?
  • KHaskins
    Acknowledging that there are things someone could have done to lessen the likelihood of being raped/robbed/whatever is not the same as victim-blaming.

Peter Kassig could have avoided being kidnapped and beheaded by ISIS simply by not going to Syria. Saying this is NOT in any way the same as saying he DESERVED what happened to him. He felt strongly enough about helping people devastated by the war there to risk his life doing it.

Going to a frat party and getting black-out drunk increases the risk of something bad happening. Going to a gang neighborhood wearing the wrong colors increases the risk of getting shot. It's ugly, it's wrong, it does nothing to absolve the perpetrators... it's cold, hard fact.

We have to live in the world that actually exists, not the world as we'd like it to be (by all means, try to change it, but don't lose sight of reality). All one can do is be self-aware, decide for themselves what level of personal risk we're comfortable with in our own lives, and make decisions accordingly.
  • Josht11
    I agree that some of the people you mentioned are retarded especially that professor I'm sure he'd like to know that rapists tend to prey more on those who are covered up and are less confident. However you gotta agree that rape has become like the ultimate crime these days especially with feminists, people are calling for no evidence to convict rapists just look at the ghomeshi and duke lacrosse team cases.

Finally your bottom image is very misleading and actually BULLSHIT first of sexual assault is a very broad term I'm having trouble finding accurate sexual assault stats and I can't be arsed searching longer but the every 2 mins is almost definitely bollocks this is assuming that all reported cases are 100% accurate. Secondly saying 97% of the perpetrators won't spend a single day in jail is very suspicious language if they don't go to jail then how are they perpetrators they haven't been convicted they are innocent until proven guilty, only with rape does this thing happen where evidence isn't required and people actually think there's a rape culture.
  • takumii
    Pretty weakass points you make, unenlighted and over-rated cliches "nothing justifies rape" (as if you have come across every possible explanation that ever existed) , "NO means NO" ( I thought no meant yes)

*** If you are a normal person, the points ii am gonna make are GONNA PISS YOU OFF, reader's discretion adviced. ***

1. Strictly biologically speaking, Rape is justified. Animals do it all the time. It helps in keeping the species alive. Aren't we all animals first and foremost? You ain't gonna stop a dog forcing himself on a bitch, are you? Why don't you extend the poor bitch the same courtesy as you would to a human?

2. Rape is something that can leave someone traumatized and being intelligent creatures we humans decided to not do it. Just like killing, or stealing, or smoking weed. But, buddy, do you notice we have an explanation 60% of times for each of these.. We have an explanation for killing , explanation for stealing, explanation for smoking weed.. People just get pissed if we have an explanation for raping , sounds fair to you? I am not saying rape is not bad, its heinous. But at least be fucking unbiased to what the other person has to say instead of coming to an ignorant conclusion for fuck's sake.

3. So now we know rape is biologically acceptable but not in humans because we consider it a bad behavior and put it in the category of killing, stealing and smoking weed. That is, its a crime.
    So why do we give it so much attention? At least we have to agree we give it more attention than it deserves. It certainly deserves less attention than killing in my opinion.
    The truth is rape has been feminised too much, picture rape , what do you see? What is the gender of the perpetrator and the victim. I blame this on the media AND the people. Ignorant fools, men are raped as much as women, in prisons. No one takes about their rights though.. Even if they do, thats all they do - talk. Men are still raped at the same rate in prison as they were used to.

This is victimization, women are being victimized (rape is just a medium) and everyone wanna be a hero and voice their opinion against it.
    Killing isn't victimized much, you shoot someone he's dead. Raping is victimized, "Oh poor girl, someone raped her, here have a rugged blanket, this will make you feel safer."

If you read this long ass post, congratulations here's a cookie. And refuse the urge to punch me. Only making RATIONAL points here. If you think I didn't , point it out.
    • jacquesvol

1. Strictly biologically speaking, murder is justified. Animals do it all the time. It helps in keeping the herd clean and orderly.
      2. We have lots of explanations for rape: lust, lack of self control, frustration, controlling and dominating the other, self assertion thus.
      3. Raping is victimized? Yes, If so, where's your problem?

• takumii

@jacquesvol
      1. That's what I said.
      2. Revenge, anger and so on.. The funny thing is if someone is threatening your life and you get pushed onto your primal instinct of survival and actually kill someone in self defence, its justified.
      But if someone's sexually reading you to 'to the absolute point where you get pushed onto your primal instinct to reproduce and you rape someone, let alone justified. Its deemed to even consider it as a possible justification.
      3. Its victimized , and it courses ourselves to show emotions. We can NEVER be unbiased when we get our feelings attached.

• jacquesvol

Society rightly considers the instinct to survive more justifying & urgent than the instinct to reproduce or to dominate.

• rjroy3
    Just to put it on the record. Rape isn't justified by anyone. Maybe the rapists themselves, but no one else and especially not society as a whole.

Now, some people might say a girl made stupid decisions that lead to rape but that's not exonerating the rapist or justifying his actions. It's saying don't do stupid shit that put your safety at risk.

"Should" you have to worry about these things? No. But the reality is you do have to worry about it. Bad people don't give a shit about what's right or how things should be. Treat the world as it is instead of whining about the fantasy you think it should be. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Period.

Should I have to worry about people breaking into my house at night? No, but the reality is that can and might happen and I have to prepare for that likelihood regardless of how I think it should be. Saying I was stupid for leaving my door unlocked if I live in an area that has a lot of breakins doesn't justify a thiefs action. But it is a true statement that it would be dumb of me not to take precautions.
  • cth96190
    There is no justification for rape.
    That is my view as a white man. That is the normal view of white men.
    There are other races that have cultures in which rape borders on being a socially accepted team sport.
    This is one of the reasons why it is a monumentally stupid idea to allow such people to enter Western Civilisation.
  • Anpu23
    Everybody has the right to look at whoever and whatever they choose. This concept of eye control is contrary to democracy. I agree that no one ever "asks to be raped" but I will say that their are things that people can do to keep themselves safe, and no clothing is not part of that. If you tell victims that their was nothing that you could've done differently you remove the idea that they can not keep themselves safe.

When it comes to a man raping a person, we do not live in a rape culture. Even in our prisons, rapists are not accepted. Everyone agrees that rape is a horrible crime, and that rapist are horrible people. Most people, understand and believe that men can and do rape. And when a man is even accused of rape his social credibility is pretty much ruined.

On the other hand, it is the belief of many people that female rapists do not exist. That a woman can not rape a man, and that "made to penetrate" is not rape. This philosophy has it's roots in activism by the feminist movement, who wished to keep rape as a "tool of the patriarchy to suppress and mean women." Using the concept of "Every Woman" where the individual becomes a representation of the whole.

Or in other words the only rape cloture in the west is the one that feminism has created.
  • TheFlak36
    Typical feminist bullshit. Good job making a fool of yourself. Maybe I should remind you that it is feminists who justify rape by muslim men who invaded Europe by millions, with slogans like "Please white men, if we get raped don't save us" or demonstrations like wearing hijabs and burqas as a protest against "islamophobia" or that action of German feminists in Cologne who gave flowers to their own rapists. I guess it's not rape when a muslim does it.
    But when a man sits beside you in the train or sees a woman breast-feeding her baby it is sexual assault and must be dealt with accordingly.
    And of course you will never say anything about actual oppression of women in muslim countries.
    Your hate for White men is being exposed by yourself.
    • Anonymous

I'm actually not a feminist... so I don't know why you brought that up. I could care less about half the stuff most "feminist" go on and on about these days.

• M_A_X

That's funny because you seem to parrot everything that they also claim

• Anonymous

@M_A_X the only thing I agree with feminist on is the points on rape as it's very close to me as I know people who have been a victim.. Everything else the feminist go on and on about I could care less about.

• Kirah
    Your stats are wrong. "97% of perpetrators will not spend a single day in jail" is based on a faulty survey by RAINN. The survey treats "rape" *very* loosely, and assumes that every single accusation is 100% correct.

Rape is actually on a steady decline, and has been ever since the 90's. It's not suddenly more common.
    • How do you know the survey is wrong? They may have given a loose definition include the lgbt people. Or even to include guys who could've been drug/roofied.

• Kirah

@CandyStripes77 well, they're not necessarily "wrong", but the conclusion is entirely incorrect.

97% of people who have been directly or indirectly accused of sexual misdemeanor, have not spent a single day in jail. Sexual misdemeanor can be something as simple as a girlfriend who begrudgingly goes along with sex one time, even though she's not really into it at that moment. That's how loose the definition is.

Rape is still far too common, but to say that only 3% of rapists actually go to jail, is an exaggerated scare tactic.

• Well, they'd probably go to jail for at least a few hours when they were arrested. But I think OP meant prison. Except, I would believe that most don't go to prison because they could just take plea bargains and have lesser charges, if they were charged. Sexual assault can be hard to prove I've heard.

• Mesonfielde
    Women are only blamed for putting themselves to unnecessary risk. After all, if you drink yourself to oblivion and being passed out surrounded by immoral horny twats who don't value females as human beings, what do you expect? This is why kids shouldn't waltz to the disco every weekend and yet they do it anyways.
  • RationalMale

See, this is the kind of attitude that makes people not take you seriously. So you have the right to breastfeed in public, and if someone looks, that's sexual assault.

Meanwhile, we have things like male statutory rape victims paying child support, and that's all fine.

www.usatoday.com/.../
    • The author of this probably wouldn't think that men paying child support when they were raped is okay. "... and people need to quit acting like men are immune to sexual assault."

I also think in this context she does not mean casually looking at a woman's breast if it is fully bared for feeding her child. Learing would be a more appropriate word.

Men walk around half naked all the time, its still rude to stare at their bodies, especially if they aren't engaging you. She doesn't intimate that it is sexual assault.

• M_A_X

@BambooforPanda Then can you explain what the sentence ""If a woman is breastfeeding, this is not an invitation to look at or touch her breast." has to do with rape?

• @M_A_X It's part of rape culture thinking. It's the same kind of thinking as if she dresses slutty, it means I can fuck her. People should be able to feel free from harassment and violence and still be able to function normally.

Fair point though. Despite my initial stance, touching or leering at a woman's breast is legally a form of sexual assault. So I can't entirely speak for what she meant.

I think a lot of men get to thinking that they are being accused of being rapists for being men. Some articles are actually written like that. This one I found very balanced though as it actually avoided using "man" as rapist and "woman" as victim, for the most part. There are things that happen where men are unfairly accused or even prosecuted but this shouldn't be used as an excuse to ignore a real problem. It happens in all kinds of crimes. And if someone is unrightfully slandered with the label rapist then they have the legal grounds to sue.

• Rawrzz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKgrYVtYSCk

Nope. Rape paranoia culture.
  • LovelyComputerVirus
    I was raped when I was 13 and my rape never even went to trial because he was "a horny teenager just trying to have some fun"... Thank you for writing this.
  • MaiNameIsSunshine
    All the people saying "if I leave my door open and I get robbed it's my fault"
    Are you fucking joking? The girl isn't sitting her with her vagina open, and even if she was that doesn't give you the right to touch her. So because your door is open it's justified for me to go in and steal your belongings, you were asking for it right? I shouldn't face any penalties? A guy got raped but he had a visible erection in his pants before so he clearly asked for it right? Why else would he have an erection if he didn't want to have sex? How can you be so ignorant to make comments like that?

Someone mentioned rape being natural. Animals also kill each other for territory and mates, do we do that too, I mean we should because it's only natural right? Like really, are you really using animals to justify rape? That's sickening.
    • M_A_X

Yeah, here's the thing. If you leave your door unlocked, you make it easier for the criminal, and someone who may not have broken into your car if it was locked, might do it. Do you not understand this?

Nobody is saying it's justified or your fault, but you're making it easier for them if they're that kind of person.

• @M_A_X a person who rapes will usually rape regardless of what a girl is wearing, they are sick individuals. Just because it is easier doesn't mean it's fine. A lot of the people here are saying it's justified, the girl is practically inviting him in. Something you learn as a girl: a perv will perv regardless of what you wear. Just yesterday I walked to Starbucks from my house in jeans and a tee shirt, no way suggestive or sexy and I had a man roll down his window and whistle at me. Was I asking for it? No the guy is just a creep. Thus, your example doesn't make sense to me. How is me wearing a pair of shorts "making it easier" for me to get raped. I live in So. Cal it gets hot, should I just wear jeans and sweats in 100°+ weather so guys don't feel the need to harass me?

• M_A_X

Yeah, that's not really always true. Some rapists will rape no matter what you wear, some will only do it if you're wearing something specific.

If you found out there was a serial killer who was only killing women with blonde hair, would you dye your hair brown or black, or take the risk?

• SakuraChii
    No one deserves to be raped and it shouldn't be jusitifed. That should be the end of the discussion.
    • M_A_X

I don't think any of you know what "justified" means. Nobody says "you were dressing slutty so it's okay that you got raped". The point being made is that dressing slutty might make some rapist more likely to rape you.

Again, we'll go back to the car metaphor because I have enough common sense to use it properly. If your car door is locked, you're probably less likely to get robbed, since it will be more difficult to do, and less enticing.

If you leave your car door unlocked, you're more likely to get robbed because of how enticing and easy you've made it for the criminal. Maybe a guy who would have passed your car by if it had been locked, would break in if it's not. Do you understand this?

• jacquesvol

@M_A_X Thus you say girls get raped because they look good?
      My mom was raped at age 70.

• M_A_X

@jacquesvol Yeah, keep lying to yourself old man. Keep on doing that. Ignore the points I make and twist them around to meet your biased feminist propaganda philosophy. You don't know how to argue any actual facts, so just keep your bullshit up. You should honestly be ashamed at your age that you haven't learned more

• skinningk20
    In lebanon too there's a lot of rape from DARESH these days
    They are terrorists and there very strong they kill people and hurt then in the name of GOD we want them down but there extremely strong
    So it not possible to stop rape
    And besides human that rapes a girl is an animal not a human coz human would never do this
    I was raped when I was 17 from the ass
    It was extremely painful don't recommended to girls
    I wish we could find a way to stop rape
  • mrfoox
    I agree on you on this, I've come across too many men and women who tries to justify rape, and it makes me sick... The amount of comments on this thread with upset males also saddens me 😔
  • gaaxure
    Let me guess, you just came out of gender studies lecture and think *you* got it all figured out. Well, newsflash honey, you're an idealistic ditz who doesn't know shit about the world that surrounds her. Whoever's teaching this shit to you, is equally dumb at best, and deviously malicious at worst.
  • sp33d
    You have a remarkable grasp over the obvious, I must say. Even the title of this topic suggests as if it's up for debate in the first place.

It's those men that suck at thinking that they would justify forcing someone against their well because they were dressed "this way".

.. and yes, I said men, because there are far more male idiots on this matter than female.
  • SüßeJäger
    I think rapists and child molesters should be executed. They're not fixable.
    • Agreed

• Panay

I wouldn't wuite agree with that. Imagine a desperate nerdy 16 year old. He gets pissed at a party, and there's a girl alone in the bedroom who doesn't really want it but is too drunk to really fight him either. He fucks her, then next morning realises what he's don, feels like shit and does everything he can to make it better.

Now this is still disgusting behaviour and there's no excuse. This guy clearly has some major issues, but I definitely wouldn't say he should be executed.

• @Panay obviously there would be different degrees just like everything else. If you kill someone, your not going to always be executed. Anything from execution to a ruling of justifiable homicide could be possible and justifiable homicide is legal.

• WombRaider
    Have you any idea what a Culture is?

A Rape Culture would mean that society (specifically the US) encourages rape and normalises it... You know what happens when a man rapes a woman and is caught, he is sent to jail to spend years and often decades there.

The US isn't a rape culture. Sweden is turning into a Rape Culture because, for example, women are asked not to stay out at night.

• jacquesvol

@WombRaider your screen name certainly raises your credibility on this subject.

• WombRaider

@jacquesvol Now, now... don't be prejudiced ;)

• jacquesvol

Open goal :D

• Pampered
    Smh there is no rape culture. Feminists and their fabrications... always wanting to be a victim at all times. Men get raped WAY more than women do in the US. Rather than focusing on petty male comments expressing their innocent sexual expression towards women, why don't we focus on what can actually be helped.. the poor male victims in prison being offered limited help from male predators. If they ask for help and are put in PC (with child molesters/killers and rapists), they're automatically put on a hit list and are killed without hesitation when the opportunity arises. Prison is a very scary, very real place for a lot of men who are in prison in the first place for PETTY crimes like marijuana possession. Feel bad for them, not for women who get their tit grabbed for whipping it out in public. Not saying it's justified but it's really not a big deal compared to all the men suffering in prison..
    • I agree prison hurts a lot of innocent people, but how could you help a prisoner? I didn't know prison rape was so high. Men get raped more?

• brain5000
    You are absolutely right, of course: victims aren't responsible for rape, rapists are responsible for rape.
  • ThatBritishLad
    I remember reading a post about how women are afraid to go out at night and think that if someone's following them they'll get murdered.
    ... Well yeah, EVERYONE feels like that woman or otherwise.
  • becca123
    The problem is that too many people scream rape when it isn't true. Some play the card for sympathy, some to justify their own poor choices, some for revenge on a guy. And in today's pansy society, if a guy accidentally brushes up against a girl in a crowded mall she can scream assault. It is ridiculous and makes people less likely to trust a rape claim. I hold yet again that rape is rarely a sexual crime at its heart. It is anger, control, humiliation hatred of women in the majority of stranger rape cases. Has nothing to do with looking at a breast while breast feeding.
  • Trenhard_
    @consultantisback
    @This_is_my_username
    @archiz

All try to grope me at the gym. I get scared sometimes.
  • John_Doesnt
    Totally lame. I doubt your professor at college said that or else he'd have gotten in trouble.
    This myTake is overracting.
  • MoonlitSonata
    I don't know why some people think America thinks rape is ok. It's not ok, it's never ok. The way a girl dresses doesn't invite rape. It may statistically make you more likely a target of rap, but that's math not an invitation.
    Who are these people that seed a breastfeeding mom and go up and grab their boob? Who is that stupid?
    This whole "rape culture" movement sounds like paranoia, and propaganda to divide men and women by making women think every guy wants to rape them. Which isn't even close to reality.
    • Exactly. What a person wears should not determine how a person should treat them. Only a childish person would treat someone based on looks.

• MoonTides
    Of course nothing justifies it! Just ignore all the haters. People would not be disagreeing if they were victimized and no one believed them.
  • dwright9224
    Exactly. Some people don't understand how hard it is to prevent it from happening. And some do understand because they can relate.
  • Jager66
    Rape culture is a harmful myth, it has been debunked and only Religious Feminists believe in it.
    • jacquesvol

@Jager66
      "Rape culture is a harmful myth, it has been debunked"... in the MRA and MGTOW realm only.

• Jager66

@jacquesvol Nope. Rape culture has been debunked, it has been exposed as a harmful ideology. This has nothing to do with MRA's or MGTOW, it has to do with the reality of rape, just ask R. A. I. N. N. if anyone is an expert on this issue it would be them and they back up their position with logic and facts. Two things Feminists and regressive leftists are fiercely allergic too.

• damnwinter
    You're not alone in this. You and all the so-called social activists are never alone in this because your opinion is shared by a lot of showy people all around the world who impose their opinions on others and think that a woman can showe her butt in a man's face, call it seductive dancing and expect not to be touched. The very meaning of the word seductive implies an invitation, otherwise why would it be intentionally seductive if not to SEDUCE someone?
    That being said I am not saying that there is sth wrong with you, but if you think again carefully, you'll see that the world won't come to an end if some women try behaving decently for a change. :)
  • yourwaifu
    I agree with you but there are dangerous people all around the world you can't let your guard down, i wouldn't wear a mini skirt and a low cut top at 4 am in some club without someone escorting me and staying with me the whole time, you can't go out with barely nothing and expect a rapist or a man who's easily tempted to stay calm. You're showing off because you want to and because it looks good but some people will get the wrong idea and that's always the case. No need to try and convince everyone that it's not your fault, it's obvious but think about hoe you could've avoided it. For an example a girl with a bikini tempts more guys than a girl with a sweatshirt.
  • Jackblue
    I agree completely no woman deserves to be raped ever not even a female nazi concentration camp guard.
  • ShayanMortazavi1
    There is no such thing as "rape culture" or "patriarchy". Stop living in your little imaginary world and grow up.
  • ColinHarvey
    I just feel so guilty now, cause this girl grabbed my buttocks at the gym, so I slept with her.

Like a good gentleman I had her sign the consent contract, that I brought along in my dildo briefcase. Then I accidentally stuck it in her pooper, and she started raithing in ecstasy but then deep down she didn't want to poop cum, so she texted me two days later and was like, "Oh my god I did not want to poop cum, you like raped me or something lolz."

Now I'm like really guilty cause she pooped cum and my consent contract didn't cover it AHH IM CONTRIBUTING TO RAPE IN THE WEST

But it was okay in the end cause she didn't know that she couldn't get pregnant in the butt so that was the worry WHEEW.
  • GreatnessRevamped
    Learn two things:
    1. most people know this, even rapists
    2. rapists don't care
  • Homebakedcookies
    "if a woman does not want to get raped then she shouldn't dress in a way that invites a rapist. Do you know what this means? It means that he thinks that if a girl wears a lowcut shirt or a miniskirt then she is asking to be raped and that is wrong because it is a justification of rape."

That's not what he meant. You know aswell as him that our formerly safe societies aren't safe any longer. There are tons of animals in our society pretending to be humans. And we are not allowed to point these animals out until it's too late. So since your society can't protect you it all comes down to you and your ability to be smart. Why walk out into the woods clothed in meat if you don't want the wolves to come near you?

If you want the animals off the streets so you can be truly free, then vote for serious politicians and not the backstabbing traitor trash you currently have in office.
  • abundantlyrich
    I do agree with rape culture existing 👌🏼
  • dudeman
    we do not live in a rape culture.
  • SmolAngerChild
    Preach cause it seems like nobody else will.-.
  • skeptic007
    rape culture doesn't exist in america