The Difference Between a Slave and a Sub
The following is an answer to a young sub who wanted to know the difference between a slave and a sub during a comment on one of her posts on another website.. which follows:
Although I would agree to what you have said I will give you my 40 years of being in this lifestyle. Putting it simply I would say;
· A submissive is someone who negotiates; a slave does not.
· A submissive has limits; a slave has given up all limits except those, which his/her owner sets for them.
· A submissive obeys and serves by choosing to do so each time and retains her will. A slave initially makes a choice to obey his/her master/mistress at all times and then submits to the will of his/her master at all times.
· A submissive accepts submission, while a slave accepts obedience.
· A submissive has retained some rights within the context of the D/s relationship, whereas a slave has given up all rights and becomes, in effect, property.
· A submissive is owned, but a slave is possessed.
· A slave is not allowed to sit on furniture or wear clothes, and always kneels at his/her owner’s feet.
· A submissive has a safe-word to end play, while a slave has consented to no-consent.
· A slave must be a submissive, but a submissive is not necessarily a slave, being a submissive is just a step on the way to the “ultimate” state of submission, which is being a slave.
· A slave is more submissive than a “mere” submissive. Submissives are just playing; slaves live the lifestyle.
· A submissive has more self-respect than a slave. Slaves are crazy, because who in their right mind would want to be a slave?
I say this..