+1 y

Why Guys Need to Stop Watching Porn and Start Living in Reality

Seriously, guys. Just stop. You're bringing your warped perceptions into reality and for a lot of women, it's either scary or just plain bizarre.

I've dated my fair share of men over the years but recently, it seems like I'm only coming across guys who believe all sex should be exactly like it appears in porn. Not only do they expect me to do certain things I am NOT comfortable doing (a big fat thank you to all that twisted porn out there), but there's another nasty little consequence, and it doesn't involve women:

Men are putting immense pressure on themselves and it's turning them into fucking basket-cases in bed.

The guys in porn aren't normal. The penis size isn't normal, the stamina isn't normal, NOTHING about is normal. If your expectations are based on that and you're not particularly familiar with the whole sex thing, you're going to be in for a very rude awakening. Most guys are not Casanovas. I mean shit, most of them don't even know how to satisfy a woman for more than fifteen minutes at a stretch. And yet, they're putting even more pressure on themselves by watching a bunch of totally unrealistic porn, and then freaking out because they can't mimic it.

Yes, this is really less about making us women do crazy stuff in bed (or thinking we're going to act and react like the female pornstar), and more about what this porn is doing to men's heads. It's really screwing with them badly. You'd think they'd be able to separate reality from fantasy but strangely, it seems it's becoming a bigger and bigger issue, even among older men. I expect guys in their teens and early 20s to be a little messed up because of all the porn, combined with a significant lack of experience. But what is the deal with guys in their 30s and even 40s? Why are THEY suddenly having trouble differentiating between fact and fiction?

I'm not really sure what's going on, but all I can say is: STOP WATCHING SO MUCH PORN! Maybe you guys are seeing it as educational or some such crap, but it isn't. It's just filling your head with all kinds of impossible junk, and it's not going to translate well to the real bedroom. Real women simply want to be loved; they want the best you've got, sure, but they really just want YOU. The real you. Not the fake dude who thinks anything less than an hour of sex with 78 different positions and 4 orgasms is a failure.

Sometimes, there is no orgasm for us (and no, it's not always your fault, guys). Sometimes it's just not that great. This doesn't mean you should run out and slit your wrists, or get all depressed and wracked with anxiety whenever the clothes come off. It's the porn, damnit. It's turning you all into horribly self-conscious freaks who just can't seem to find the reality. And you know, it's not my responsibility to show you just how out-of-the-realm you're being. Maybe you should just stop watching so much porn and start doing more real women, or something. I dunno.

I just know this is getting ridiculous.

101
23

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Girl

• redeyemindtricks

I mean, I always hear all this noise about how porn dudes all have massive dicks -- but, at least in the porn I look at, that just isn't true.

If I look at porn, I usually search for...
    ... sadism/humiliation (of the woman)
    ... kissing/eye contact/other things one might call "romance"
    ... wedding dresses/wedding lingerie (yeah, shaddap lol)

If I could ever find all three of these in one place, I'd be in heaven... but, sadly, I've only found that trifecta in videos my husband and I have made ourselves. <3

::ahem:: My point.

My point is... The guys in THOSE kinds of porn, on the whole, seem to have pretty much perfectly average dicks, on average.
    There are SOME big ones -- but there are also some really small ones, too. This one French dude who makes some of the best slapping-girls-around videos actually has a really tiny knob, and, it doesn't really detract from anything.

Even where you would THINK it would be instrumental to have a huge cock -- like the deep throat/gagging scenes -- I *still* haven't noticed a trend of being substantially bigger than normal. And I have a good sense of what "normal" is, in case you are going to ask.

Honestly, if this horse-dick problem is a thing, it seems limited to only the most boring of "mainstream" porn.

__

As for "stamina"... God help any boy who doesn't have the common sense to realize that porn boys are hopped up on all the Viagra, cabergoline, and Caverject that their little hearts can handle.

I mean... REALLY?
    Is there ANYONE out there who's stupid enough to think that non-amateur porn is being filmed with actors who are totally drug free? Oh sweet burnin' Lord.

• Luci92

Surely you have a contact or two in the adult film industry who can make you a video special, just for you lmao.

• @Luci92 Girrlllll... IDEAS

• mikemx55

About the size thing: it really depends on the type of porn. If it's not a big company, you'll find just about anything. But if you stick to one company, you'll notice a trend that doesn't seem normal at all. (think brazzers, reality kings, naughty america, etc).

With that said, every guy knows what's normal irrespectable of porn. It's not porn that puts it in their heads. It's they themselves and the jokes of friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• legs_n_sheets

I agree on something you're saying here: a lot of dudes don't come out of the porn fantasy, and they project their own male fantasies onto females, which aren't similar at all.

I'm not against porn, or nor I think men shouldn't watch it. But male sexual projection onto females is as bad as female projection towards males (which is another topic).

It pisses me off some. dudes don't know how to develop women sexually out there, or show them sex can be such an awesome thing for them. No wonder a lot of women think sex is overrated, when they had guys masturbating inside their pussy, basically. Women need the stimuli, the seduction, passion, and all t he orgasms they can get to feel that spark. And yes, much of this can be atttibuted to porn.

Actually, it's those dudes loss too, considering if you don't please a female she won't come back for more, or won't enthusiasticly do at least.

22100
  • kaylaS91

... true.
    Assuming that ALL men who watch porn assume that sex and women they'll have sex with in rl will behave like porn stars do. Which isn't true and applies ot only a very small minority. You also forgot to add that porn is not watched exclusively by men. Many women, myself included, watch it. Hell, I watch it relatively often WITH my boyfriend. Neither of us have any sort of unrealistic expectations as a result and somehow manage to have great sex on the regular.

• Derik89

So if porn has a negative effect on men how do you feel it affects women?

• kaylaS91

@Derik89 ... it doesn't have a negative effect on men or women.
      You do realize that men who rely on only porn to get themselves to cum were probably too socially inept to approach or be able to normally interact with women, especially, BEFORE relying on porn, yeah? Stop trying to shift the blame.

• Derik89

I'm not shifting blame... I believe its not healthy but I know it's lot more commons for men to watch so I was sure the effect on women who watch are the same as well

• RJGraveyTrain

I don't fully agree (I definitely don't disagree though, hold on). Most men are very well aware that porn is not realistic in my experience, and it can actually be a good way for the two of you to explore your likes and dislikes if you're open to it. I feel the issue lies more with women being insecure about themselves and their sexuality, since we tend to be more conditioned to compare ourselves to unrealistic standards. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a little self fun.

However, you ARE RIGHT that when it becomes an issue, you stop realizing that porn is a fantasy and it isn't real. When you start actually becoming addicted to it, and in turn stop paying mind and tenderness to your partner as a result, it is a BIG problem and at that point it is time to put the porn down. If it ever gets to the point where a guy is having his self esteem and sense of realism damaged, it's a big issue. My only differentiating point was that it isn't the only issue, but I'm sure you knew that.

All in all good, well written take.

• I accept that you have a valid point that porn can cause issues with penis envy and cause men to cease approaching women on the basis of fearing they are inadequate in this respect.

• HorrorFan

WHY WOMEN NEED TO STOP USING VIBRATORS AND START LIVING IN REALITY.

Or you know, let people have their fun.

Generally when a guy has delved so far down the porn rabbit hole that he truly cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, then he was probably incapable of getting a woman in the first place.

On that note, are you sure you aren't just making porn out to be a bigger bogeyman than it really is, here? Are we going to pretend like people can't have fantasies of their own accord that range from harmless to holy shit, call an exorcist?

I'm willing to bet that the majority of male heterosexual porn watchers aren't paying all that much attention to a guys size or stamina or whatever else involving him. They mostly just want to watch an attractive girl or three get fucked. They'll boot up a porntube site, find a vid of a hot girl, skip ahead to find a nice position/camera angle and go to town.

I mean hell, most guys enjoy lesbian porn. There's no unfair self comparison there.

I mean... your own shitty experiences don't account for any real set of statistics that demonstrate that any significant number of men have this problem. Maybe YOU just attract addictive personalities or irrational behavior.

I'm sure shit like 50 Shades of Grey, harlequin romance novels and weird fanfiction contributes to creating an unrealistic fantasy for women, but it's their job as an individual to learn to function in real life and understand what men are actually like.

Maybe those guys in their 30s and 40s have been divorced or had an endless string of soul-sucking relationships that they simply turned to the comfort of Rosie Palms and whatever naughty flix they can find to get them through their shitty nights.

Guys are generally going to be annoyed if they can't satisfy a women in bed regardless of the amount of porn they watch. Men don't like failing in front of women and you can't get any more in front of women than good old sex.

Yeah man, men should totally stop watching so much porn and start doing real women! Let's totally ignore the fact that most porn addicts are so far away from being able to get women that that's not a viable option.

This whole MyTake reeks of essentially telling men to start being "Real Men".

• Donanski

Lol, no chill. It seems that you watch a lot of porn. (kidding) In all honesty, I've dealt with a few guys (friends too!) who've had this problem. They literally had to stop themselves from watching so much because they got desentisised by it. My boyfriend was a porn addict and could not orgasm during sex the first few times. I can name 3 other guys in the same situation. The point is that men do observe porn in a certain way that gives them expectations, and not just expectations they can not meet. They expect that the right way to perform oral on a woman is like what they have seen in porn. It may or may not be true for you, but there are definitely a lot of men affected by this. Don't take it so personally, this is a real problem and women are recognising this problem. Not just this woman.

• HorrorFan

@Donanski That's my point, though. If someone you cared about had a drug/alcohol or gambling problem, you would probably want to help them. When guys have a porn addiction, the default female position is to scorn and ridicule them.

It's also partially society's fault. Sexual education at least in the US where it's overly religiously fueled and has been quite taboo leads to no real learning process when it comes to actually learning what to do properly. Men are stuck with either trial and error where, admittedly, men can be stubborn when it comes to being taught especially when it involves their egos to such an extent, or porn.

If legitimate sexual education videos were mainstream and more easily accessed (and I'm talking with actual scenes of sex for teaching purposes) and not considered taboo or just another form of porn, then maybe guys would have a better sexual teacher than Cum Fart Cocktails 17.

Not taking anything personally. I just don't agree with her tone or approach here.

• AleDeEurope

I kind of agree with this, but we also gotta take into account how easily influenced someone is. There are plenty of men that know porn is all fake, so they won't act like that in real life.

Also, you should have mentioned women too, cause more and more women watch porn and they're also getting false expectations. Ask women how long they expect sex to last, and most will say 30 minutes... though 30 minutes isn't that long, it's still quite a lot compared to how long sex usually lasts.
    Then you ask women how big they like dicks, and most will say quite above average.
    Then with the 50 Shades of Grey fever, many womeb started getting into BDSM (without knowing shit), and expect sex to be like that, then they can't even handle a spank xD
    All these will make them expect this during sex, and when the guy can't give her all that (because porn isn't reality), they end up unsatisfied, and we all know what that leads to.

I watch porn, not gonna lie, but I try to not watch it much. Even though I know it's not true, I still don't like watching it a lot. But porn can affect both genders, not just the man.

Good Take.

• nalaa

Well considering most boys start watching before their teenagers, I'd say they're pretty impressionable

• @nalaa I was told since I was a little kid not to believe everything I saw in TV and what I was told. If parents don't really teach their kids to not believe everything, then you're gonna have kids that (when it comes to porn), they'll believe it's true. If you teach them NOT to believe what they see on TV, it's very likely that they won't think porn is like in real life.

• nalaa

I was just putting comment on another answer. There's research about how men view women in magazines. Good news, they know it's not real. Bad news, it doesn't matter it still sets the standard of how they perceive women in real life. The same is true for porn

If you really believe the type of imagery you surround yourself with when you're young has no influence on your perception of reality, you're very very naive.
      You've probably been watching porn for a decade before you were intimate in real life. You can't realistically claim had no influences of your perceptions and expectations of sex

• YourFutureEx

I watch porn. And I don't ask them to do unnecessary stuff. And I don't have unrealistic expectations. And I satisfy them too. Your point?

Maybe guys will stop watching porn when you will start fulfilling our sexual urges. We don't get sexual favours as easily as women, so please, don't tell us to discontinue our last choice.

• last option*

• Nuf said

• @ThisDudeHere Girls get some sort of jealousy that we are watching other girls naked and enjoying it. Too much insecurity.

• PlacentaSalad

It is true that women are not usually like the actresses you see in pornography, and that they aren't going to react similarly and maybe they won't be so willing to try something "twisted." But hey, that's where the escorts come in.

With pornography, you have multiple categories to choose from. I think many people who watch porn will watch the pornography that includes the themes that they are interested in, and this is where the ideas come from when in the bedroom. While I don't agree with every type of fantasy and certainly hope that men in general can differentiate between fantasy and reality, men who are looking for a sexual relationship are probably going to want what they like to see in porn to be included into that. If you aren't interested in whichever fantasy they may have, then it's simply a matter of incompatibility. As for your observation on how porn affects everything else, well, sorry for your luck. I don't expect myself to perform on the same level as a pornstar and I know she doesn't expect that either, otherwise we'd both be in porn.

It's not just about the sex for me, but sexual relationships are boring with a partner who is not kinky or at least open-minded.

• cpzpbx3

My husband watches a lot of amateur porn. There is more realistic porn out there, I think.

The stuff with all the lame theatrics and out-there situations and corny music I could live without... but for the most part, porn hasn't affected my husband's ideas about sex as far as I've noticed, even though historically he has watched quite a bit of it. I could just be lucky.

• sawno

I don't think it is the solution to stop watching porn.

Lets take myself as an example, i am a computer geek who spend a lot of his childhood online. Everything i learned was thought online and i came in contact with porn on the age of 6 when i first had it as a popup, my parents where unaware.

If that intro just tricked you into believing i must have been a messed up child, addicted to porn or totally unrealistic about my relationships and sex expectations your absolutely wrong.

I see porn for the entertainment it is, its the act of sex acted out (I do usually go for the real video's where its not acted) to turn me on provide me with a visual and mental stimulation to make getting off more pleasurable and fun.

So how would this reflect on my sex life? First of all i am totally aware sex isn't as mechanic in porn and i wouldn't expect myself or her to get much enjoyment of fucking her ass for 5 minutes straight. Instead i use porn as an inspiration where i don't look at the techniques but at interesting / kinky elements. It thought me some things i would not have discovered otherwise.

The act of purposely teasing and delaying her orgasm until the urge drives her wild as the perfect build up for a simultaneous orgasm or something hugely intense for example. The idea to use a feather to make her orgasm or perhaps a role play scenario that you never thought up.

When you look at porn knowing its not the same as reality you can see it for the fiction it is. Once you realise that you can take the elements that would work out for your personal bedroom taste and the one of your partner, find new things to try out together or use it as a foreplay element.

When doing the above i don't think there is anything wrong with porn, especially not with the video's where women are being genuine and actually enjoy the act rather then be abused for views. Its not porn we need to get rid off, it is the false images and the idea that in most videos the girls are actually enjoying themselves. Once you can tell real pleasure from acting it soon becomes obvious what videos are the good ones.

• nalaa

You know what I hear all the time? Men are no good in bed. And you might say, well she should tell him, but it's hard when you guys are preconceived ideas of what sex is supposed t o be like. And you've been grooming those ideas since were 6 years old. If you're looking at porn for inspiration you're already doing it wrong. What you see in porn is not meant to be enjoyable for women at all. It's meant to look on camera.

There's some interesting research on how men see models in magazines. Good news, they know it's not real. Bad news, it doesn't matter. It still sets the standard to how they perceive women in real life. And the same is true for porn

• sawno

I have the feeling you missed some essential elements of my post. I listed a few examples of simple idea's i took to spice things up, thing which in the past have been well received.

You sound as if you assume my head is so full of the things i saw in porn this goes completely beyond any communication, romance and passion in bed. The truth is of course real life sex is much more romantic and it can only be good when you explore what you both love. No girl is the same on this, this can't be thought from any other material then your partner. So to clarify, its not the positions, the speed , the tempo , things like deepthroating etc that i took from watching this as being online did not only teach me these things exist, it thought me which of those girls would like and which girls would generally hate.

The whole essence of my post was that if you see it for the fiction that it is and know what reality lies beyond it it isn't damaging at all.

• LogicBomber

Porn is FANTASY!
    Just like women having rape fantasies mentally... it is a FANTASY.
    Everyone knows women do not want to actually BE raped. But yet this is known as the most common female fantasy... because it is FANTASY!

Guys watching porn do not get a warped sense of reality any more than women do with female fantasy. Women getting scared by it or thinking it is bizarre is simply women overreacting to something because they don't understand it... which is common.
    Rape fantasies are bizarre and scary but because you can hide it in your mind it can not be scrutinized and therefore gives you this false sense of superiority over our visual fantasies. But your fantasy is worse in the majority of cases.
    In regards to dating people with a false sense of reality... Women have watched way to many chick flicks (female fantasy) and now have a warped view of reality when it comes to relationships and romance. Don't expect men to act a certain way just because you see it in a movie.

Porn is not the reason men have issues with their sexuality, it's the expectations which you yourself stated... "Most guys are not Casanovas. I mean shit, most of them don't even know how to satisfy a woman for more than fifteen minutes at a stretch."
    Women like yourself constantly put us down or attack us for our libedo, duration, and size. Once again... PORN is fantasy and we know this. REAL women constantly mocking and ridiculing us is reality.

Women need to STOP pretending they know what it's like to think like a man... you are not now nor will you ever be a man... you are programmed differently and just because you don't understand something does NOT make it wrong.

A male watching porn is no different than you watching a chick flick and fantasizing about romance, love, feelings, sex, and other girl shit. Period.

• Drumroll

wait... so you're trying to tell me that Plumbers aren't having sex with hot women on every job?

And the receptionist doesn't want to shag her boss on the desk?

what next? I bet you'll tell me that every massage DOESN'T end up with sex either!

Or that some men have penises smaller than 9"?

Well. I for one am utterly shocked at this revelation. Stop the presses! Porn is unrealistic!

• Hannah591

I see your point and some guys do take porn literally and expect all women to behave like porn stars and love it. But you can watch porn a healthy amount and still have a healthy, respectful sex life. Some people just need material to get off.

• Spelling95

Porn isn't bad in moderation, but I completely agree with too much porn being bad, even if you can put it off to hang out with friends or go to work. I know it was warping my perception of women to unrealistic standards and it was affecting my performance in bed.

• Bandit74

I don't think it's bad in moderation. It offers a good way to get a sexual release without risking stds or unwanted pregnancy. Also, most studies struggle to find a control group of men who dont watch porn and that makes it hard to determin the extent to which it is harmful. Even if it is harmful, its so easily accessible and accepted that most men aren't going to willingly stop watching it, especially if they struggle to get into relationships or attract women for casual sex.

It probably is bad if watched in excess just like most things are bad if overindulged in. However, a lot of the guys who watch it to the point it is ruining their perception of sex are probably guys that most girls wouldn't have wanted to date anyways. So they don't really have anything to worry about. the argument is that if they watch lots of porn it will skew their perception of sex as well as their ability to bond with women, but if women didn't want them in the first place then why would they even care?

Also, I stronglt doubt the average woman hates porn because of how it affects a guy's self confidence. Most of the women who want guys to stop watching porn are primarily concerned with how it affect women.

• Let's all become nuns and priests.

--
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

And come out to breed in the summer time 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• DodgersGM

I personally agree. I've written long opinions about this before, but I just feel like giving bullet points cause I'm tired.

-porn dehumanizes sex, making it a less personal, less intimate act
    -porn skews people's perception of themselves and their partners in very unhealthy ways
    -watching porn isn't anything like engaging in sex. I wouldn't be surprised to find out down the line that porn -- which is really just digital voyeuristism -- fucks with people's brains and sensory perceptions.

• thank you! why? coz i just read a guy say " sex does not have to be emotional or intimate, so women should just do it with their partner even if they dont want to ".
      that statement was really messed up, and i actually started wondering "are all guys like that?" thankfully, i got my answer from here! (relieved) :)👍

• Primemutton

Well Voltage I am an avid consumer of porn if you care to read my profile for a minute and look and my circumstances maybe you will understand why. It is a release valve it gets rid of my frustrations. For me it's clearly not a representation of sexual normality just as a soap opera does not accurately reflect people's lives. I have never had a girlfriend so I can't stand up and say I expected her to behave like a pornstar , I can assure you I wouldn't as I'd rather her use her own creativity and do what she likes. What I would say is that I maybe would mimick some of the techniques if I ever get the chance to please her especially in terms of providing pleasurable oral sex. Maybe that's wrong. I can also assure you that My failed attempts to meet a girl are not with porn star types , I'm sure They tend to be the minority of girls who judge only on physical attributes. I think a lot of us who consume porn do accept that it isn't realistic. If you think that watching it contributes to my inability to get a date , please by all means let me know I'm all ears for advice 100% of the time.

• LaurenGrace

Reality and Porn should meet half way or there abouts some like it slightly toward the vanilla side of halfway others like me want it closer to the more hardcore porn side.
    Sex is for pleasure , expression , enjoyment , experimentation.
    Leave your insecurities and body issues at the door . relax and enjoy your sex . and if you and your partner/s can't find that balance between boring and kinky taboo you'll have a lot of fun together

• Other_Tommy_Wiseau

And watching porn cause I'm horny is wrong, why? People on this site need to get real. It's not a fucking educational tool. I'm doing it to get off. That's it. It's fucking simple 😑

• Elarra

I don't care if men watch porn. It just bothers me that because they see it in porn that they expect ME to do it and lot of things you see in porn, I'm not doing. I'm not doing threesomes. I'm not having sex at work. I'm not doing it the back of a car. I'm not doing anal. I'm not doing a gangbang. I'll pass on the BDSM. I will not dominate you. No, you may not dominate me.

• Well written mytake. While I do enjoy porn here and there... responsibly lol, I agree with you that porn is messing up some if not many guys heads about what they do and how they look, as evidenced by the daily "am I big enough" questions on this site.
    We don't want 8 positions, we won't "squirt" when we feel great and we don't need every romantic interlude to end with a big wet facial.

• I laughed for 10 minutes when I read the bit at the end of your comment , have you had someone wanting to reproduce "the money shot" with you?

• @Primemutton glad it made you laugh. I was trying to shoot out a little humor (no pun intended) I've told my guy he can finish wherever he wants, but is't usually a less messy finale than the proverbial "money shot"

• CisScum
    • CisScum

To be serious, I personally don't watch porn at all. I just find porn disgusting and whenever I did fap to it I felt shamed. I honestly do think about watching porn sometimes but I just never really want to.

• Prof_Don

This is why watching amateur porn (as in everyday people recording themselves get nasty with each other), is SO much better!

I don't have this warped sense of sex, because mainstream porn doesn't appeal to me at ALL!

• nalaa

that was a joke, right?

• Prof_Don

@nalaa Nope, no jokes here at all. Mainstream porn has no appeal to me, too phony and not authentic enough.

• nalaa

I mean about amateur porn not being "amateur" not being harmful, that was a joke, right?

• GingerGuy

A good take. I'm pretty good at keeping porn and reality separate but there are times where it "gets blurry"... where a guy wonders, should I be lasting longer etc All self conscious issues. Yes, men are self conscious as well as women. They do make these men in porn "super human", very few (if any) guys are like that in all ways.

• BCRanger10

I very much agree with you. I am very strongly opposed to porn. It's degrading to the person and to human sexuality. It's very frustrating for me when I hear people say that men "need" porn or that we're biologically programmed or obligated to watch it.

• UseYourIllusion

I think watching porn is not that bad. The bad thing is to confuse fantasy and reality. Only education will be the right answer for this problem. But I also think some kind of porns should be restricted-of course child porno, and porns that are too violent and abusive.

• Donanski

It's hilarious to see some of the reponses this post gets. There is definitely some truth to this but not every guy reading this should feel personally attacked. No one is telling you what to do, a problem observed by many women is simply being pointed out.

• Relentless_Hippie

I just think porn is disgusting and degrading to all persons involved. Especially if the guy or gal is in a relationship with someone. It's not that much different from cheating, and is therefore unacceptable.

• noneoftheabove

i dont watch porn and never had the desire to do so. getting close and intimate with a woman is surely better than jizzing over something you're not even touching/feeling if you get what im saying. not against anyone who watches porn but i have no desire to watch it.

• Library

I don't watch so much porn. I watch it in moderation and I'm living in reality just so you know. You can watch porn as much as you want 😛

• XRabbitHeartX

Agreed. I'm glad my boyfriend has no interest in porn. He's studying to be a social worker and morally has a problem with porn due to the fact that he is very passionate about human trafficking and doesn't like how women are treated in porn. My boyfriend can't even watch a tv series where a woman shows her boobs without him saying "why was that needed" or "how is this relevant to the story". To a certain extent I won't say men should ever watch porn ever but a lot of guys are just obsessed with it, even some ladies.

• chassmarie

Porn is filthy the people that do porn might consider it as a "job" no its not. Pathetic whores do porn just for money and probably druggies. Same for the guys eating out nasty whores. I have no sympathy for them just disgusting people.

• front2back

When I actually have a girl around who I can have sexually satisfy every day (as in give me an orgasm, unlike my ex), and she also takes parts in my fantasies, then I'll stop. In the meantime there is no reason.

• Kuraj

Deep.
    But how about we consider 99.9% of men really just watch porn because they happen to like it (gasp) and like to wank their peepees off to it without really giving any kind of flying shit about what kind of crazy implications you think them doing so has on anything.

I mean nah, that would be just too much of a crazy idea.

• MementoMori_

I think the real problem isn't that men watch porn, but that women take too damn long to cum! STOP IT! Just hurry up and cum like men do and the whole issue would disappear.

• JRICHARDS1996

I agree. Along with moral objections, I believe that pornography is pathetic because it promotes a lazy and counterproductive attitude. Even prostitution -- another abomination -- is more honorable because it at least involves a real person, and the man is making an effort to acquire real sex. It is not the same with porn. Instead of genuinely bettering themselves so as to improve their prospects with real women, these people just sit around watching videos all day, content to accept a fantasy over reality. That time could be better spent at the gym to get a sexier body, advancing in your career, working harder in school, or really doing anything to better your prospects with real women.

• You make it sound like everything a man does should have the end goal of acquiering and pleasing a woman. How is it so hard to assume that guys can think about themselves first and foremoast insteadd?

• @ThisDudeHere Who said the two are mutually exclusive? A man should acquire a real woman because he *deserves* to experience the joy of real sex and being able to indulge in his greatest fantasies. Settling for porn is pathetic, and an example of men settling for less than the best.

• For some it's just a pass time. For others they don't have much of a choice. You can't tell a guy with no job, no experience with women and possibly not the best looks either to just get up and go get one.

• SmokemJay

While i did thumbs up and i do agree. Most guys don't have access that women have to sex and relationships... sooooo I don't know. Some of you guys sound weak as fuck by the way...
    "We'll stop yanking when we get more sex"... NOTHING in life is free.

• macix670

Watching porn for entertainment is ok but expecting people in your life to do things like porn stars is not ok. Thankfully my man doesn't ask me to do things I'm not comfortable with. We are pretty much on the same page when it comes to sex and like similar stuff.

• YourName123

I love porn. It equalizes the gynocentric legal system that makes marriage to an American girl a non option in this day and age. Now you can't use that tennis ball sized pieceof flesh to take 1/2 my shit!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Popo21

So true and it causes them to have unrealistic expectations that real women can't fulfill
    So finishing takes forever for them or since a real woman isn't enough for them, they have to watch porn while having sex -.-

• ThunderButt83

well, if guys ended up with the right girls or actually have a girl in the first place. then we wouldn't need porn, or fantasies. so maybe instead of blaming porn for your problems, maybe you should learn from it. and start understanding why it exists.
    guys want to love. but were never loved in return. and sex is a part of love.
    and when girls stop thinking guys have to be all confident alpha males and think we can have who we want when we want the way girls do, and start living in reality themselves then guys will.

• Eugene

You may get pissed all you want, but if you can't win a guy over pixels, there's something definitely wrong with you that you haven't realized yet.

• 19magic

I watch a fair bit of porn, so I don't really get this, what expectations are we talking about here. Admittedly I generally watch amateur stuff so maybe it's not quite the same thing.

• Rawrzz

You will take Rebecca Linares from my cold, dead, sticky hands.

Most porn is around 30 minutes, but there's a lot thats 10-15. Mainstream. Trust me. I've done my homework on this.

And I don't know what you're talking about. Porn seriously helped me out in bed. The natural progression in porn is actually like 3-7 different positions, starting with felacio. It's really not as absurd as you're making it out to be--without backing up your statements with examples. Except like once.

Have you even watched porn?

• you are right. I don't watch it, I've seen it long ago and stopped thankfully.

Maybe there should be some new genre of it that is "realistic". I saw an English program about sex that was really good and probably just as good as porn, but it was educational... sex ed for women. Was really good.

Getting a real relationship is the solution, but it is hard for a lot of guys that don't have the skills to date, relate, emotionally open, humor, etc.. And if a guy cannot communicate, understand dating, take lots of rejection and texting confusion, know how women think, he will get messed frustrated and hurt. The guys that get into relationships with the wrong women suffer as well as do the women. So, guys with their sexual urges will move to what is easy cop out. It is unfortunate.

Dating and relationships needs to be fixed in our society, needs a lot of investment and work. huge opportunity for entreprenurial l minds...

• tyber1

We will stop watching porn when women have sex with us every time we're horny.

• She didn't say stop watching porn. She said not to watch so much of it

• Terrell456

@RachelBrigs she should stop telling men what to do.

• Unit1

Look at them downvoting women tho!
      This just proves the problem of women not wanting to have sex with guys.

• Unit1

The female Sexual Market Value decreases because guys have access to porn. So let's ban porn to retain the value of the holy vagina and continue to exploit it in order to gain advantage, money and control over guys.

We get it.

But if you are even listening to us, take the time to consider this: "If you do not like porn, do not watch it." It's really that simple.

But in the name of equality we should also ban dildos, vibrators and Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey and we are about even.

Inb4 "BUT PORN IZ HARMFUL!!1"
    No it's not. It's the people, who have issues with porn, that are at fault.

• You don't have a penis, so STFU. How would you feel if I said women need to stop using maxipads and only use tampons? Try having our genitalia and sex drive, then go on your little rant about porn.

• tinyclit

I don't agree with you. I watch porn myself and I like it. Porn is just a tool. A sex tool. Like a vibrator, except mental rather than physical. There's lots of good realistic true to life porn out there. If I was dating, I would never date any guy who didn't watch porn. Sure there are many different types of porn I don't care to watch and stuff I won't do, but so what. There are also many things I will do. :) If he wants to think of me as his personal porn star, I'm a-okay with that. Good open honest frank non-threatening communication and sexual compatibility are key.

• Cosytoasty

Why do i get the impression the truth in the take ends with the introduction?

Sorry, porn isn't damaging to us at all.

• It's been linked to ED, and the desire to "up the ante" over time can potentially lead to anhedonia, or the inability to derive pleasure from sex. Then there is the fact that no real sex life can measure up to the insane standards created by porn and the Adonis figures chosen for it. Then again, if we're not getting any IRL porn can be looked at as a necessary substitute.

• FýrdracaDócincel

Not that I don't agree with you, I do. I'd just just like to point out that romantic fiction does the exact same thing to women and it drives us guys just as crazy.