Why Women Like and Prefer Older Men

Why women like and prefer older men

Very often young women are after older men for relationships and not men in their approximate age range and here is why:

1. He has an established career, money and a high paying job

This is a no brainer. He can spend money on her and pay for the dinner out of his own pocket because he can. She has to doll up, show up and order from the menu.
Yay today's capitalism, biased social conditioning and double standards.

This is the main reason why. It's also the only header here. The other reasons next are just minor factors and even if a young man may have them all but the first one, women will still prefer the older man. The reason can't possibly be any more obvious.

2. He matured and is serious about life

Well I'm young and just as serious about life but I couldn't find young girls being as mature. Many of them are still stuck up on high school drama.
However the older men are more likely to find repeating the word penis everywhere to be boring and immature and pointless. Or watching twitch livestreams during university lessons or practical labor.

3. He has his own place

He probably lives alone or has an upper class home for himself. There is enough privacy and it's a proper home without any bug infestations from poor maintaining landlords and janitors and the sanitary utilities are in working condition compared to students tiny dormitories. That means undisturbed sex is easily possible. And it's comfortable.

4. He has a car and a drivers license

But so did Elliot Rodger actually and he died a 22 year old virgin. His reason for being unsuccessful with women however was very different - it was his terrible attitude and his feeling of being entitled to women and sex.
Women love to get around between places and having their man driving her around. Sorry to disappoint you young guys, who don't have any wheels.

5. Older men are experienced

It's like applying for a job. Women prefer men with experience. Even I wonder why they don't like the journey of both being young and inexperienced virgins. In my opinion this is where romance really starts to bloom because puppy love.
Older men know when, how and what without her saying a word. Women love it when they can be readen like that.

Inexperienced virgin guys in their 20s can only get jealous and the pressure adds up with each passing time interval. No wonder why men watch porn.

6. Less video games and he is already educated = more time for her

Although young college/university guys if not employed have all the time in the world they have other areas, where the older man has the upper hand. Read this one again and you will see: Not employed. The older guy is employed.

7. Older men's physique are usually in good condition

Since young men are normally financially poor and even worse busy working a hard, minimum wage job draining him from his time and energy (I mean its still better than being unemployed), results in fatigue, partial starvation and being skinny and weak, women are turned off by that. That's how life fucks with us all. It's a bit similar like the concentration camps in nazi Germany.
It just shows, that the young, starved guy is already beaten by his life duties and he can't protect nor provide for her.

8. Older men have stuff

A fancy smartphone, a powerful and cool computer, a pair of blasting speakers, a wide range of clothing… you name it. That shows he can afford it. And maybe even give her gifts. Turn ON!

9. Age

It is just a number but there is a reason why some say, that men age like wine and women age like milk. Some Women just prefer, that this number exceeds their own. It's just their preference.

10. They are past the partying wild stage

Or at least they're not as active anymore as the typically young men. I get it why partying everyday until the morning and fucking bitches is a turn off while not studying for the upcoming exam. I really do and understand it and all but not all young men are this type or are so lucky to be part of it. Me included.
But guys in this wild partying stage can't be taken seriously for LTR. Some Women are bewaring and it's good for them.

It is what it is. If you happen to be a young man like me and are looking for a serious and committed, long term relationship, odds might be you're luckier with older women starting from their 30s. You might even really like them because they are likely to be as mature as the older men are. And also more likely to be mentally stable and less to deal with stupid drama. I also heard, that women start getting sex crazed in their 30s like men in puberty would. You can only try. Good luck!

4130

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I don't care for older men. I dated one that was old enough to be my father and that was TERRIBLE!
    I'd never do it again.
    I prefer younger guys actually. Not too young. Mid 20s is about as low as I'd go. Kind of depends on his maturity level though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Man it makes women seem like such hypergamous prostitutes, so much emphasis on money and the material.

• I fucking know, right?

• I will never finacially support a women

• THEY LOVE MONEY!!!
      Money has managed to sabotage every aspect in their life!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 40

• So not true about virgins. Girls who don't like virgins often sleep around anyway. You can't put virginity into this equation. It's mostly about maturity, not everything you were talking about. Sounds like your talking about gold diggers.

• Prefer my age range only.. 27-37 .. wouldn't like to be with a man that looks very old or young compared to me

• And sometimes they're just genuinely physically attracted to an older man.

• I thought it was gross at the start but now I *know* I'm gonna be sick. I would never consider dating someone more the 5 years older than me and only if we got along really well. Otherwise it'd be 4 or less years by choice.

• It's okay if other people feel differently but that's my preference & I think it's fair.

• This is just Old Men, not older guys... You could get your grandad to spoil you and you wouldn't have to suck old wrinkled dick for it...

• i don't think its about money i think its mostly about not having to deal with someone who's some kind of "party animal" like who tf wants that?

• i've dated 2 older guys in their mid 30's who are handsome successful intelligent and dominant .
    i let them tap into my curiosity for conversations my submissive side and my sexual energy .
    the problem with these older guys is they wanted to shape my thinking desires and future .
    i'm not ready for that . and I let them know that . there's a lot of living experiences
    and college i want first . one guy i don't see anymore . the other guy i still hook up with
    bc so far he lets me be me . until he gets bored with me . or I won't have time for him .
    taking me places . meeting interesting people . even in a sexual frenzy choking me i feel safe .
    the lines on his face drew me into what i thought would be the depth of his intellect and soul .
    i believed on a psychic level i could absorb his spiritual energy and awareness sucking his dick .
    that's right . laff if you want . but not so much anymore . the lines are not as attractive
    a year or so later . now maybe i realize he is not as brilliant as i first thought him to be .
    ntl the pros of dating older guys are intriguing exciting stimulating and darkly romantic .
    the cons are controlling . boring . ex-wife drama . a jerk in disguise . not financially stable .

• " they wanted to shape my thinking desires and future.
      i'm not ready for that..."

Yea I get that a lot... women have this weird thing about having to experience life, the good and the bad (mostly the bad) up close in personal whereas men can do so vicariously... usually in regards to life advice. Enter the term 'mansplaining." Enough older men tell me XYZ about life, i'm going to put that information in the back of my mind in case such a situation arises. Women will do this teenage "you're not the boss of me! crap... only to end up in a fucked up, dead end life. Thank GOD for the endless safety nets and second chances though...

northdelawhere.happeningmag.com/.../...e-years.png

From our perspective its more like.

Age 10: Whatever dad/older male.
      Age 14: Whatever dad/older male.
      Age 18: Whatever dad/older male.
      Age 25: Whatever dad/older male.
      Age 30: *Dating a 45 year old man*

• @MrMysteryMan i get what you're saying . i'm not judging anyone soley on anything .
      i was just briefly relating my experience, perceptions and realities with 2 older guys .
      mid 30s yes . mature & as old as hefner and granpa? no .
      obviously you are perceptive . i wrote in my own way most everything you stated .
      and things most girls dare not admit .
      (but look what i get) . :)

• Fair enough. It's easy to generalize others based on one's experiences, and it's a defense mechanism and a way we learn in a sense. I mean, I've done it for sure. But when you look at people in a larger view than just your own situations, and start to think more from their points of view or at their points in their life (which can be difficult to do), than you start to understand their way of thinking and why they do the things they do.

You're a gorgeous woman and not so naive really. But, successful, confident men tend to feel that we have all the answers and can do no wrong. So we tend to try and force our views and solutions on others, especially the women we date or are involved with. That's the other side of confidence. But in time, we learn that we don't have to be the problem solvers or dictators, we just have to be there for support and comfort and understanding and maybe some input when needed. You get this from more experienced men usually.

• Meh... I dont think It does any difference under10 years.

It's more psychological age. I'll date a guy a year or two younger but in terms of being seasoned by world experiences usually they are far lacking.

• Money?
    Please... no brainer...

• Yeah. Women love money 💰💵🎁!

• And stupid old people love to fool themselves thinking it's anything but...

Also - everyone loves money, dude, stop trying to make yourself feel better...

• Yeah but girls love money even more. Just look at how they can be bought and be impressed using that paper. They are willing to let their relationship be dictated by it.

• I prefer older men (ahem ahem 3-4 years older at most) not at the age of my grandpa, cuz couple years younger than me are looking for casual sex, and i am past that point in life.

• I would say for me is that some, not all are more mature. They think better and know what they want. But most guys are into games nowadays young or old. Meh, I'm through with men lol

• I think it comes down to maturity. It’s well document that women mature faster than men, so in order to find a guy at our maturity level, we often have to look to older men.

• This is laughable. I see girls in my age still stuck up on high school drama

• What on earth do video games have to do with the title if your rant “Why women like and prefer older men” ?

• I was talking about this biased study that you posted.

• I would become permanently celibate and join the nunnery before dating someone significantly older than me. As an 18 year old the idea of dating someone above 20 freaks me out let alone gaps in decades.

• my great uncle is 92 and would be perfect for you...

• @zagor hahahahahaha

• Which is completely reasonable. Honestly when I was 18, I was annoyed as fuck by girls who wouldn't give me a chance because they were dating guys who are my age now. I get hit on by girls your age a lot and I'd totally hook up with an 18-year-old but I couldn't imagine actually trying to date a girl your age.

• I don't prefer older men.

• lol I used to text a 32 year old man for hours on the phone at night and I'm only 18. He actually listened to he

• Men tend to the same, not for money but usually looks.

• no thanks, rather die than deal w/ old wrinkly balls

• Or they just have an attractive face. That's the only reason I've ever looked at an older man. Everything else on this list I can already have for myself.

• Not for me thanks

• What's the age difference for you?

• I like the idea of growing old with my husband and not being an aged carer.
      My grandpa was 25 years older than my Nana so by the time they had a family he was too old to run around with his sons.
      I love watching my husband play with the kids.

• Sounds like you found your soulmate. Lucky you.

• I prefer older men but I don't give a shit about money. I like them cause they are more mature and experienced:) plus I like that they have a fatherly side, cause that makes me feel protected.

• More from Girls
    20

What Guys Said 29

• All these older men like to claim their established and more mature, but I have all of that and I'm 24 years old. My girlfriend and is 21 and her friends are all good looking girls and they all get creeped out by these older guys trying to throw money at them. I think older dudes who are single just like to keep telling themselves they are "prime" because they're coping with the fact that they're getting older. A gap like the one I have with my girlfriend is normal, but these older guys in their 30s getting in relationships 18-year-olds are just fucking weird in my opinion.

The fact is that your testosterone starts to decline around your late twenties and you pretty much go in a downward decline from there. I guarantee you I have more energy than a man in his mid-thirties, I fuck better than a man in his mid-thirties, I look better than a man in his mid-thirties, and I overall can relate better to younger women in comparison to a man in his mid-thirties.

Also, #10 doesn't make you mature. I'm a former Marine and finishing my last semester of university. I've been financially independent since I left high school. I work hard and I play hard. A well-balanced life should be the goal of anyone and older guys who are "too mature" to go out and have drinks with friends are usually lame as fuck.

• 1 ) He has an established career, money and a high paying job

CHECK

2) Well, you seem to equate maturity with being dull and abstaining from profanity and slang so I'll go ahead and say I don't agree with your definition of maturity.

3) I have roommates but live in a nice place. I wouldn't want to live alone.

4) I've had that since 16 years old.

5) Like I said, I was military. I was even getting into law enforcement after but decided to go the engineering route. I've been with a lot of women. I have plenty of life experience.

6) My girlfriend and I are both educated and still play World of Warcraft together sometimes. What's wrong with enjoying your leisure time in whatever way that you wish to?

7) This is false. A man in his mid-thirties has already started to decline and will most likely have much more body fat than a young 18-21 year old.

• 8) Most people have a smartphone and I'm pretty sure that women don't care about this stuff despite looking good and wearing clothes that look good on you. Not that hard to find clothes that look good on you when you're young.

9) No, men age as well. Studies have shown that a man's dating value starts to decline rapidly as he hits the big 30.

10) I already answered.

• With that logic i never reached my prime. Or at the very least my prime was unused.

• This is interesting as I have found older women are attracted to me. I think it is my "cute baby face" that never really went away with age. This works out for me, too as older women are more mature and many of them will fuck the laces out of your shoes lol

• A bit materialistic for my taste but often a younger woman would be attracted to an older man because she feels more emotionally secure with him , it could be the nature of her personality or some past events has made her crave this security.

• 4 out of 10 things you mentioned are what he has in property. Is that what it’s really about?

• I don't give a fuck about dating apps, I don't care about trying to impress girls now. A girls mind or a woman's mind can change 10 times in a day. Unless I am some bi-polar douche bag willing to give my life these idiotic lessons of how to pick up chicks, no thank you.

You have pictures of Hugh Hefner on this post, I'm pretty sure Hugh Hefner is being punished in life after death. For exposing all those women, for having guys and men have marriages break up because of Playboy visits, I've heard of rape cases with him as well so who knows.

I'm sorry if I went off topic on that rant but quite frankly it's a girl's choice if she prefers someone older, it comes down to two things -- is she doing it because he is mature and established and she finds him handsome? or is she doing it just for the money?

• Grandpa's physique are usually in good condition? you lost me there, also it's all boils down to money and gold digger personality, it's not complicated.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoldDigger

• Exactly. That's hypergamy we are taking about. It's so obvious.

• I don't think any of the reasons you said are actually things to feel flattered about.

to sum it all up you are basically saying that older men have more things for women to leech off

• Even though I work, I still make time for video games. Someone would have to pry my controller from my cold dead hand to change that.

I know how to manage my time better now than when I was younger though.

• Look, a beautiful young woman in her prime will only date and get involve with a older man if the dude has money. Period. Lol

• You forgot something huge, more important than money that older men have and younger men don't: PATIENCE

Two juvenile personalities together can be like water and a grease fire.

• because raisins bring in the money

• The older made this system. We pay for it and watch them snag all the attractive and young women from us, leaving us deprived.

• this is why I have a fleshlight, OP.

• I'm going to order myself one too! Do you happen to know any resellers, who are shipping worldwide?

• The drivers license and more experienced part is irrelevant. And really it depends on how old. But yeah you make good points.

• Men don't need to be older to have those things, and being older doesn't mean they do have them.

• I agree

• I kind of like older women, you know the milf type. I knew this guy in high school whose mom was pretty dam hot lol. She was in her mid 40's I think, but she was fit and had a nice bod and a big rack hahah. Good stuff

• Me too dude. But men unlike women don't care about money.

• Because the perfer more mature guy for sex... Girls want thier first time not to be painful.. They thought older men can do that...

• I agree

• I guess this is why young girl's seem interested in me a lot? haha

Interesting...

• * younger it should of read.

And interesting post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• Keep a close eye on your finances. If you can Keep them much easier when you're expending financially, then that's why they are with you to begin with. And that will be the moment when they're leaving you because your finances aren't the same anymore.

• seems like good enough reasons

• Interesting

• More from Guys
    9