Women Can Rape Too

Saginaw, USA, January 11, 2017. A 19-year-old man is driving to meet with Lestina Marie Smith, a 17-year-old woman and his ex-boyfriend. When he pulls over to the side of the road where Smith is, she gets into the car. Suddenly, Smith pulls out a 5-inch steak knife and forces him to engage in oral and vaginal sex, even videotaping a section of the rape.

And she won't be imprisoned.

Her mother would not believe it. Tanesha Jackson claimed that Smith was not a violent person and told MLive.com that "I'm not going to believe that my daughter raped him. I'm not going to believe it."

The victim's life has been ruined, and the worst his rapist will get is probation for the duration of a 15 year sentence.

So let's take a look at those charges. Assault, rape, revenge porn. If a man raped a woman, holding a massive butcher's knife up to her, and recorded part of it, he would go to prison for life, which is what Smith's original sentence was. Which got shortened to 15 years. Which became probation.

Why do people think it's OK for women to rape men? I'm going to look at the myths about women raping men, and why it can happen.

Males are not vulnerable

They are. People claim that men are strong warriors who can't be raped, even young males being raped by older women. Some women, like sportspeople are much stronger than weak men who don't go outside often or just are very smart and nerdy. Another point is that the majority of these rapes were committed when the male was asleep and that it was only discovered when he awoke. This could happen because of erections during sleep, which happens very often.

Males always want sex

Men are very different from the preconceived ideas that women have. The testosterone-fueled sex-addicts who would enjoy being raped are very few in number, and they cannot be found anywhere other than the dark embrace of Pornhub. These men are not an ideal representation of the average man, and the defences that these rapists use often make the victims seem like the rapists themselves. It happens. The fact that the men have erections can be down to very different things than arousal. Roy J. Levin and Willy Van Berlo wrote in an article in the Journal of Clinical Forensic Medicine that slight genital stimulation or stress can create erections "even though no specific sexual stimulation is present." An erection does not mean that the men consent to sex. Erections can also be completely random. Random erections in non-sexual situations is a key part of puberty, and it happens to me and other teenage boys all the time. They may also be experiencing the phenomenon known as 'morning wood', where they have an erection at night.

Males are less traumatized

Males can be just as traumatized as females. Men are often so traumatized that they do not wish to speak of it, because they know that they will just be laughed at - in this way, it is worse for them because no one will believe them.

There are more misconceptions, but I do not believe that they are as important as the three I have outlined here. Now I welcome your opinions, all of you. What are your arguments, for and against? What are your agreements, your confusions? What are your souls?

Actually, not the last one. That's a bit weird.

I tried to keep it short for those of you who can't actually be bothered to read myTakes, as I don't with the incredibly long ones. So I'll add a meme to thank you.

And Trump will give them photon torpedoes to throw at North Korea.

618

Most Helpful Girl

• Rape can be comitted by anyone to anyone and the most likley reason for the lower estimates of male victims are due to the higher stigma still attatched to male victims coming foreward. The first thing everyone should do is get a hold of the definition of rape in your state. Many States still have outdated rape laws the define as " when one person penetrates another with their penis without the consent of the person being penetrated." This decidedly leaves out male victims with female attackers. If your State still has laws like this contact your Senator or start a petition other states have successfully gotten their laws changed, you can too.

The second thing is to support places that offer services designed for male victims. Many places designed for women won't turn men away but their services tend to be more female orientated which may make male victims uncomfortbale. An example is having mostly female workers (which is great for victims victimized by men who may femal more comfortable speaking to a women, but it is reasonale to also believe a victim victimized by a female may prefer talking to a male).
    Some great ones are:
    https://1in6.org/ (This one is a free and annoynomous support group for male survivors)

www.rainn.org/articles/sexual-assault-men-and-boys (RAINN also has some really great links and resources)

https://bc-malesurvivors.com/ (This one's Canadian but it is one of the best sites I've seen for information)

Most Helpful Guy

• I know first hand that it’s true. In fact I just yesterday wrote a mytake on my own experience with it.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a50026-i-m-a-man-but-metoo
    I wasn’t aware of this event. That’s messed up she should get more punishment you didn’t mention it but hopefully she’s at least on the sex registry.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• I've been trying to get this across as well & it's one of the reasons I'm against 3rd wave feminism. Also why I don't automatically condemn every guy accused in the metoo movement. I want justice and equality not superiority and I feel this is turning into a witch hunt with 3rd wave going too far. There's so much double standard. We also need a clearer definition of misconduct as there's flirting & different cultures involved too. Same crime, same time period

• Ok first of all I don't think anyone is ok with someone getting raped, wether they are male or female. I also have seen a lot of men get away with raping someone, not just women get away with it. Rape isn't ok no matter what.

• Yes, but (most of, not all ) men who are even accused just accused end up with their life ruined even if acquitted. Women don't get such a large consequence even if convicted and let out. Plus, obvious differences in sentences

• @PinkLotusLove I just read a story a couple months ago about a rape by two football players. Even though they had been accused by a couple different women the judge said that if they went to jail even for a little bit it would and I quote "ruin their chance at a football scholarship". That was just the one story. It doesn't matter if you are male or female, rapists don't get enough consequences!!

• Crazy heifer

• That's true but some guys kinda like it, my boyfriend for example likes to role play rape fantasy, he likes to be my "victim" :P

• That's so sad, poor guy :(

What Guys Said 17

• You're right. It's fucking bullshit that everyone thinks that men can't be raped. There is video evidence of the rape and they aren't imprisoning her? That's just it. They don't care. They could see a woman raping a man right in front of them and they wouldn't care. All a woman has to do is say a man raped her and all hell breaks loose. No evidence, nothing at all. That's why the justice system is fucked up. Complete fucking bullshit.

• You might notice how no women have actually given opinions, looks like they realise it's true.

• I'm here =) & believe you can defend men's rights (ya know, human beings ) without being a misogynist and I'm sorry for anyone of any age, gender, race, orientation that have experienced such a violating event

• Great points. I’m glad males are starting to speak out against this double standard.

• You do have my support regarding male victims of sexual assaults. Nice mytake!

• i am not even going to be part of this conversation,
    if i were that guy it would start as a show of my rape, and ends an episode of Hannibal.

• In France, the woman could be punished just as severely. Not sure how New Zealand sees it.

If a woman tries raping me, she'd get a punch and her lights knocked out. I don't care how people view me hitting a woman. Mess with me in a provoking way, you'll get hit.

• Smith was only 17 and therefore a minor.

• What? But she was originally charged with life in prison for assault, rape and attempted murder.

• She didn't get any prison time. She was treated as an adult during proceedings due to the violent nature of her crimes. Also, she was publicly named, which juveniles are not.

• @Jackblue
      In a messed up country like the USA, they don't care if he was a minor, the male would get punished for it. Thankfully in France, it's not seen that way.

• where can I find the video?

• Totally agree on that

• Yes, women can rape too, they're just 100x less likely to. The vast majority of rapists are men.

• Where does it say that?

• also, just bc it's mostly guys doesn't mean 100x more do is all

• That's not true @Omega_brie. The majority of men are raped by women.

• What's revenge porn?

• I live in the state that it happen in and never heard of it before now.

• RAAAPE MEEH, RAAAPE ME MY FRIEND
    RAAPE MEEEH, RAAAPE ME AGAIN

• The comments on here are terrible. Great post. No one wants to acknowledge that female on male (male on male too) rape still exists and happens extremely often even if men don't report it as often and/or women aren't charged for it.

• Thank you very much. I'm outraged at the number of posts that don't take it seriously. "Well, I weren't so lucky yet"? "Some guys kinda like it"? It's embarrasing, most of them are guys.

• @PinkLotusLove what do you mean

• @PinkLotusLove nevermind lol sorry

• Well, I weren't so lucky yet :P

• Wtf is wrong with you? These kinda comments are exactly why this issue isn't taken seriously.

• No, it's a story from the media. I don't live in the USA, how could it be one of my friends?

• I don't know, maybe online friend. Besides, media are full of fake stories.

• Wow that's pretty sick. But these things do happen. Normally with young boys and not adult males. But women have always been rapists as well.

• 0|1
  • So I was sexually assaulted multiple times by my neighbor when I was 8. This lady looked after me when I came home from school on Wednesdays because my mom had to worked late. She would 'invite' me to take showers with her and do things to her orally. I was young and didn't know how to react so I went along. That shit still affects me now and there are days I can't even function...

Good take.

• I'm sorry for your abuse, I did this for people like you. I just hope it gets out there so that people understand. Thank you.