Here's What Everyone Should Know About Bisexuals

Bisexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behavior toward both males and females, or romantic or sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender identity; this latter aspect is sometimes alternatively termed pansexuality.

No, not all of us date guys and girls at the same time.

People usually ask me if I double date people of both genders. For me, even though I’m attracted to both genders, I am fully committed in a relationship. I hate cheating and even if those feelings come up then I break up with the person immediately.

Friendship always comes first.

When I told two of my girl best friends about it, they were scared that I had feelings or were in love with them secretly. When it comes to these things, I value my friendship and wouldn’t want to break it with that person. I have a type with girls.

No, we are not bisexual because we are confused people.

Before you call me out on this, just consider this.

Some people just automatically assume that because we are confused about some circumstances in our life, we become bisexuals. This belief is so stupid that I can’t even begin to explain how wrong it is. I am bisexual because it is my choice, not because I’m depressed or because I am in an it’s complicated situation. It’s how I have always felt. People think they know better than you and try to explain why you are bisexual.

No we are not in it for threesomes.

As I have said in the first point, people always feel that bisexuals are slutty and promiscuous since they have sex with both men and women. While there is physical and sexual attraction between both genders, we also require that emotional connection.

It is not a trend.

For all people who lie about being bisexual just to grab attention and support, you are truly disgusting. Some people do it to turn their partners on. Being bisexual has its difficulties and a person lying about it makes it worse.

We don’t need your advice or opinions all the time.

I found out that whenever I open up to someone about being bisexual, they always begin to tell me how it is unhealthy to have more than one gender preference and they start with religion and about it isn’t like God. Don’t get me wrong, I believe in religion and God but when you bring this up, it’s really insensitive and offends us.

For all those out there who are bisexuals out there, remember its ok to feel like that. Nobody should make you feel bad about it. Thank you to all the people who support us.

1534

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not want to play the age card, but it stands out that you are 15

I am Bi-Sexual. Not that I have been with a man since before getting married at 19. Before this i was with many men and women. It was not my choice. it was what was my sexual orientation. Just to put 'choice' in context. I grew up in a very religious part of Ireland. Where people killed over it. IF... it was known I had an interest in men. I would have not only been disowned by all my family and friends but no doubt, someone, or many would have given me a good kicking. Or even killed me. Not in a nice way either. Look up necklacing and you will get the idea.

So, how is it my CHOICE to be Bi-Sexual?

Most Helpful Girl

• Exactly, I'm bisexual, been single for years and haven't had a girlfriend even. As soon as I tell a guy I'd been alone for years, they say but you're fucking women right? lmao, no, I've been single.

If I find a nice girl fine, but I'm not really looking. I wanted children and kids so I hate men for being dumbasses and robbing me of that.

Some bisexuals also swing more to one side, for me I am mostly straight but I love women. My first wet dream was of a girl and I was only 14, nobody molested me, that's not why I am this way, I just am.

Some men are terrified of us because they say we will cheat with women. I did sleep with a girl while I was dating a guy, but he said he was not my boyfriend and we were just sex buddies.

He then got mad and told everyone I brought a woman in our bed, not true... my bed, I paid the rent, he buys grocery because he liked my cooking.
    i actually try not to tell men I am bi, because they assume it's an orgy every night, or call you confused.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 33

• I married a bisexual woman. She cheated on me with another woman so we got divorced. I'm sure you understand that there are other perspectives on bisexuals that are also valid.

• see being bisexual doesn't mean we cheat or anything. She must have not felt happy or something

• That is why I would never be with a bisexual man in the first place. I know it might be a turn on for some guys to think of two women together. But I find it gross... two men together.

• @Rissyanne I never had the fantasy of having a FFM threesome with her and she never suggested it.

When you marry a guy, the guy is (should be) giving up the opportunity to have sex with other women, but he is not giving up the opportunity to have sex with all women for the rest of his life, because he will have you as his partner. If the guy is bisexual, he is giving up the right to ever again have sex with another guy and nothing is replacing that "need" or "desire" for him. So, in general, I think it is more difficult for bisexuals to commit to monogamous heterosexuality. Of course, there may be exceptions to that generality but the woman I married was not one of those exceptions. The dog bit me once but I damned sure won't give that dog another chance!

• I knew some people in high school that claimed to be “bisexual” as part of a trend.

I personally don’t care either way, but doing it for attention or as a trend is dumb. Of course those people don’t represent all bisexuals.

Now I will say is why do some people identify as pansexual? I seriously don’t see a difference between pansexual and bisexual.

• Pansexual is only going the person's personality and not caring about their looks or from which gender they come from. But bisexuality is different since bisexual people often a type they go for and it can be based entirely on looks.

• It just gets a little confusing when I go on okcupid and see people list themselves as “heterfexible, sapiosexual, “gender queer”, CIS, etc and if you don’t get their orientation right, you’re intolerant which is a little silly and again that’s not to belittle them to being attracted to one gender or another, or both.

• i definitely think he's bi or something not pan

• "I am bisexual because it is my choice, . . . "

That's a very interesting statement you made.

• Agreed.
      If it's a choice, it's fake.

• Yeah I just noticed this. Really threw me off. What choice? Do I get to make that choice? How do I go about choosing to become bisexual? Like is there some kind of button somewhere? Or a setting I can have my doctor switch?

I'm just curious.

• That we're people and we're all different just like every other person on the planet. Each and every person has different wants and reason for being bi/pan so narrowing it down to "all bisexuals" is a little insenstive in all honesty. (not triggered or anything, just trying to spread knowledge)

• Nice take!, No disrespect, but the only qualm I have is that you used the Term "Its my choice" I don't believe anyone's sexuality is "By Choice" I think we are hard wired. Your "choice" you refereed to, I believe is really your ability to recognize your desires\sexuality in a healthy manner.. I don't believe you can choose to be BI anymore than you can choose to be gay or lesbian or hetero.

• "Friendship always comes first."

False. That's your personal preference and by no means applies to other bisexuals.

"No we are not in it for threesomes."

False, see above. What you do does not represent what other bis do.

Bisexual literally means exactly what it says. The sexual attraction to both genders. It doesn't mean anything about how a person dates or how they have sex. All of that is individual.

• I mean you are 15, your brain doesn't stop developing until you are 21. Plenty of people who were straight when they were 15 and turned bisexual when they older, or people who had a bisexual phase in their youth until they grew out of it later in life.

• "I am bisexual because it is my choice" - I always thought that it's by nature, not by choice.

• My girlfriend is bisexual, a fact that she realized early in life. She's 26 now, she's never had sex with a woman (or another man, actually), but she's very sexually attracted to women and she's fooled around with a few (in high school) and we've talked about the possibility of it happening for her someday.

Personally I like it. We can talk together about other women we find attractive, share pictures of sexy scenes on the internet, and we're both turned on by some of the same sexual fantasies.

I've never felt threatened by her sexuality, and I'd readily offer support to friends or family or acquaintances who come out as bi.

• Here's what everyone should really know about bisexuals, they are sexually attracted to both men and women. End... of... story.

• Is sexuality a choice?
    I agree with most of this take except that part.

• I am bisexual (not in the relationship sense but the sexual behavior) - this was very well written. Thanks for posting it.

• How is bisexuality not a trend right now? You yourself just admitted that people pretend for the attention.

• Dn’t you get into foursomes with other bisexual couples sometimes?

• I always wondered about those who actually had to tell me they were bisexual so I would know.

• Good take thanks.

• Most women are bisexual

• Almost all women are bisexual

• Don't understand the pink downvotes because it is the truth.

• Ridiculous. You're a child for heavens sakes.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 14

• This isn't how I would have phrased everything, but in my day, there was no internet really and we couldn't talk about these things at all. I was one of the only bi girls I knew.

• It always astonishes me that people make three assumptions about bisexual people 1. That we are confused 2. We are just whores 3. We all love threesomes.
    How does it make a person confused because they are willing to receive love from either gender? That's just dumb. They are confusing our openness and their beliefs. All it is really is them trying to find a way to explain who we are, which again is very dumb. Your sexuality and your sexual activity are two separate entities. Being bisexual has nothing to do with the number of people you sleep with. And about threesomes... Again this is a mix up between sexuality and sexual activity. Hetro people have threesomes too! So why does the fact that I'm hi mean that I automatically want a threesome? It just doesn't work like that. Each individual would make those individual choices on their own with regard to what sexual activities they will partake in. Some people are just plain ignorant smh.

Your mytake was wonderful, you did a really great job, five stars! 👍

• OVER-THE-TOP EXCELLENT Ms Ailene!
    That took a lot of work to put all that together and a lot of time.
    At least you know that someone took note of it:)
    I look forward to more great posts!

• Hi hun! Great mytake, up until I read "my choice". You don't just wake up and say "Hi everybody, I decided to be gay!". You probably didn't mean it like that, it just seemed a bit confusing at first. Other than that, I agreed with a lot of things.

• Like straight people or gay/lesbian people EVERYONE is different, so I never come to assumptions of people based on there sexuality.

• My whole live people try me to learn to become bisexual so I like also girls. But I am still very hetero. They use porn to teach people what they like people to teach so also lesbian and man. But they mix identities so people do not know who they are also. Because you do not need to teach people anything but just accept them for who they are but in my case they never accept me being hetero. I fancy never being with a woman. I am actually just really do not like it. And it is boring to me. I think heterosexuals are the once really discriminated in our world and also being white.

• Thanks for sharing. I am curious how marriage works for someone who is bisexual and is committed to one gender during the relationship.

• I'm bi so i came to see what you though
    I argee with most of those things

• This was interesting. thanks for sharing

• Yup! :)

• great mytake! So true

• Being bisexual is not a choice...

• I stay away from lesbians and bi girls

• I love thissss