I Love the 'Bush'!!!

I love the 'bush'!!!!!!!

There seems to be a modern day assumption that Women need to wax or shave their pubic area.

In response, women will cite it is for hygiene. This is flawed. Hair is there for a reason. The key is the prevention of bacteria or other nasties from entering the vagina. Another reason is ‘freshness’. It feels better particularly in summer when it is hot. I can empathise with this for I shave my pubic hair in summer.

Above all, the real reason is aesthetics. They see it as the trendy look that all are embracing. Thus, peer group pressure is massive. Key in this is pandering to modern day men who associate with the shaven or waxed look. Any sign of hair, or, god forbid a ‘full bush’, and it is deemed an instant turn off.

Porn plays a huge role with seemingly all females waxed. This is deemed as ‘real life’ by most men. Rather than contrived and over exaggerated fantasy (bullshit). They take this into their real-life sexual interactions with women. The worst part is women facilitate this seeming delusion by bowing to male wishes to remain sexually attractive.

One only has to think of how self-conscious most women are about their vagina naturally. The last thing they need is to fear a man cringing at the feel, or sight of pubic hair.

I am the exception to the rule. I find a full bush or at the least some hair as hugely attractive. Whereas the waxed look is a turn off to me.

The key is when I grew up. On discovering women sexually in the early 80’s, the majority had hair. I remember bedding a woman in my late teens who was shaven. It creeped me out as if I was having sex with a pre-pubescent minor.

Even in recent times after my marriage split. All the women I have had sex with have been waxed, or shaven. The look still freaks me out and turns me off.

On a more profound level;

1, Hair feels better. There is such a joy when you are first with a woman and reach in her panties. The hair is like a delightful entree as you seek out her inviting moistness.

2, The effect on oral sex. I am the HUGEST addict of giving oral sex. I am pedantic in immersing in the many immense joys in the act. One is the woman's scent. You are driven wild by inhaling it before, and while you taste her. The presence of hair insulates the scent which makes the joy of giving oral sex more memorable.

3, The Aftermath. Most think to have a woman's hair still on your lips or tongue. Or on your ‘nether regions’ is ‘nasty’. Quite to the contrary, I find it hugely exciting. It allows you to reminisce on indulging in her immense treats when tasting her. As well as when you had sex with her by her hair still being on you.

I could go on waxing (deliberate pun) lyrically about the ‘natural’ look on a woman. The reality is most, both women and men will diminish it and largely dismiss it.

To those who are challenged by this. In regard to women thinking they must shave, or wax. Ask yourself why you are doing it in an honest manner?

If it is to keep up with modern trends or out of thinking that men want it this way. Do not bow to this pressure. Stay true to you and know there are many who still LOVE the ‘full bush’, or hair in general.

3947
gobsmacked3 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend says he finds my hair cute :) in my experience, the guys most interested in pleasing me were the most down with the body hair. I have been shaved, had a bush, and everything in between. I liked having no hair because it was new and different. BUT I enjoy my body in the mirror most when I have a bush. To me, it's just right for an adult to have some hair down there. And I LOVE when my partner lets his grow out. It's so sexy.

• Hair is such a good look. Just some. It is so incredibly sexy

• @JustAnotherGirlie do you find chest hair attractive? I've always enjoyed a hairy man. yes for hair

• I like leaving the hair alone as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely adore a full bush, for all the reasons you mentioned. But also, there's aesthetics. A full bush just looks better. Who wants to be with a woman who looks like a twelve-year-old girl? I want a woman who looks like a woman!

• major man love ^

• Wow, you've really lived the life! I've never been a slave but would love to have tried it. At this point in my life, I don't want it. I like what I've got. She slaps me in the balls now and then and she just started spanking me. I'm happy and in love with her. Life is good.

• i was crazy as a kid. on the gear big time and lived accordingly. Your woman sounds incredibly hopefully she liberally plunders you as well ;)

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 38

• You know it’s always so annoying when men try to tell me why I do things to my body when they have zero experience in the realities of female anatomy.
    To keep making the assumption that we’re so weak as to feel pressured by the porn many of us don’t watch to only do something we think men want us to, when in reality there are no hygienic benefits and it makes us look pre-pubescent - but when it comes down to it your musings are all based on what YOU find SEXUALLY appealing and not what’s best for us at all.

Hygiene plays a huge role, do you have any idea how it feels to have heavy menstruation, only able to wear a pad and keep a thick thatch of hair down below? It feels like shit. It never feels clean until you have a shower, you’re worried it has a scent to those around you and it’s uncomfortable.
    The vagina is self cleaning, it lubricates as we need it to remove bacteria and other nasties otherwise everyone would be a walking thrush and uti factory which simply isn’t the case.

Removing hair for many women increases our sensitivity during sexual activity and feels better for us, not our partner, but for us.

Aesthetics is the afterthought. Society has deemed body hair on women unsightly and we remove it all - armpits, legs, any sporadic chin, belly, nipple and toe hairs yet no one pushes for these to become an acceptable norm and they’re purely aesthetic.
    Removing our pubic hair takes more effort, care and money than any other kind yet is the one we can hide from the public eye. To assume the main reason we still choose to is because men tell us to is bordering egotistical 😉

• Wholly on my preference

In response to your reply. Of course, you know best seeing you are a woman. The rub is why women in the past seldom waxed/shaved?

Not disputing in any way your points. Just curious

• I am off to gamble on snooker. Thanks for a nice debate and you enjoy the rest of you day

• You too hun 😊

• It's none of my business what others do, but this girl keeps the bush and is very happy keeping it that way. Never had any of these so called complaints about it either.

• I was used to shave it completely (because I liked the feeling of bare skin) till recently, when the red dots left after shaving started to bother me. Now it feels uncomfortable and unaesthetic, so I started to trim it nicely above the clit, leaving only what's around the vagina and anus completely shaven.

• I hate going bald. Feel juvenile, like im 6 years old. Yuck.

As much as having hair down there means five seconds extra washing in the shower, its preferable to having my bits look and feel like they belong to a child.

• Geez, just shave the parts your bathing suit don't cover, trim the rest and call it a day.

• My guy and I prefer 100% bare down there for me and trimmed neatly for him. I've always hated having pubic hair, my guy has never seen me with over an eighth of an inch of patchie blonde fuzz, it just feels cleaner and looks better to me.

• as long as there is a bit of hair. it just adds so much, and is so sexy. this is my bias but it is all on the woman seeing it is her body

• that sounds a bit rude because you didn't say what kind of hairstyle your boyfriend has got down there.

• I don't get the trend of completely shaven public hair either. When I was younger I learned to trim it but I never embraced the fully nude look. I've never had guys who were turned off by my pubic hair, but I've had guys who refused to give me oral sex based on it. I wish there were more guys like you out there.

• Well maybe for you. But i like having no hair. To me, it looks and feels better. I'm bi so I know it both ways. Going down on a girl is a lot nicer with no hair. Being felt up also feels better with no hair. Same with guys, I like them w/o hair too.

• Exactly. While shaving it bald is her and his option, i need to at least have it trimmed.. bush is disgusting

• also supposedly hairless or at least trimmed, actually makes her orgasm easier

• @TheClevelander1 yes he is just trying to make himself look better by appeasing feminists

• I shave just for hygienic reasons. Unlike the male anatomy, urine and period blood can get stuck and trapped in the hairs. When you couple it with natural sweat and the natural moisture down there that the vagina creates to clean itself, it's just gross when it is trapped in the bush. So... I shave lol

• each to their own. i am merely expressing my preference :)

• sure, but most men under 25 are so influenced by porn and take it into their views of women.

• this is why I don't like pubic hair and ask my girl to shave or have very minimal and a well maintained bush. and my dick looks bigger when I trim it soooo thak makes my cofedence go up

• I prefer the 2005 style or nothing at all , I mean I don actually make it look like an arrow pointing downwards, I was referring to The density which I feel is acceptable when not removed.

• I used to be into the shaved look. But now I kinda rock the landing strip? It gives me character lol. I’ve had the pleasure of only having a partner who was accepting and non-critical of hair. He genuinely didn’t care and neither did I. That’s the way it should be tbh

• Of course. It is entirely up to the woman and her preference. i just love a bit of hair down there

• I disagree. mine is completely bare. oral is better that way

• Maybe for you ;)

excuse my defiance, oral is always amazing, but, with hair, I find it much better

of course my bias.

• i love that. it makes me reminisce about tasting her

• yep you are right, who wants hair in their mouth or tickling them or making them sneeze.

• I do not like a bush. I use scissors to trim the hair down there. My boyfriend wants me to have a little. I feel that during my period a bush gets hard to clean. I one time went to waxer to wax off my pubic hair. I went for my whole body so I was completely. The waxer who was female actually complemented me on my vagina and my boobs. i was weirded out and never went back.

• I would never really have a bush due to my genetics but I prefer to be completely bald bellow. It makes me hornier and during period it feels better and cleaner. I feel better when I know it´s bald.

• I prefer bare or barely there on both men and women.

• All have their preference. I just love hair on a woman. Even a bit just adds so much

• I do wax or shave completely sometimes, mainly in the summer. I usually prefer to have a little, neatly trimmed hair. As long as you’re groomed, a little hair can be very sexy.

• Any semblance of hair is the HUGEST turn on!!!

And yes, hugely sexy!!!- I could write a book on this ;)

in Summer, you can understand shaven/waxed. particularly if it is a hot area

• I think as long as she is comfortable and likes the way she looks, she can do whatever she wants with her hair. It ultimately doesn’t matter what other people think; whatever makes her feel sexiest is what makes her sexiest.

• of course, i am just expressing my bias. The hysterical aspect in this is the many on GAG who exalt that they are so turned of by pubic hair on a woman that they wouldn't have sex with her.

LOL!!!

Nice fairytale- a man will never complain about the presentation of a womans vagina. For I if she is bare, I am still PEAKING to fully indulge in her many treats

• I understand your hypothesis and it does have some merit, especially on the peer pressure theory.

For me it has nothing to do with sex or what guys think, I just don't like body hair. It's the same reason that I shave my legs and armpits. I think body hair on women is unattractive and makes me feel like I'm being lazy with my personal appearance and hygiene regimen. It just doesn't look or feel good to me.

I've read all the medical/scientific reasons for why its there in the first place. Armpit hair is there for reasons too... and I'm not keeping that either. 😎

• all power to you

• Completely. I get this. really I do. i am just preaching my preference ;)

• @ CheerGirl38139 are you hairless down there?

• For years I never did anything with the hair down there, just shaved my bikini line and trimmed it a bit. I never liked the naked look because I thought it looked pre-pubescent. But I began to get laser hair removal, orginally just bikini, but decided one time to get it all off, just out of curiosity, to see if I liked it. I felt so good and free and smooth!! I’ve just never looked back, because I personally like the way it feels and looks. I don’t believe I was every pressured by society’s standards.

• it feels better without hair especially when it's touched

• makes it more sensitive for the woman. i am just purporting my preference. ultimately it is all about the womans preference. i am hardly going to complain

• I used to trim my pubic hair and refused to ever shave it. I prefer the look of hairy vaginas, but I decided to shave about a year ago when I decided to try some hook-up apps as it seemed to be easier to find people. In that time however, I realised it felt so much nicer to be hairless. I didn't have pubes coming through my undies, I had less pimples down there, it felt cleaner and I found it much nicer to masturbate and have sex. I still think hairy vaginas look better, but I find it much more comfortable to keep it shaved now.

• More from Girls
    18

What Guys Said 46

• Fact: Hair is not more hygienic. Hair grows in the parts of our body that either need to be kept warm, or free from friction (underarms, between legs). When we sweat we release sebum (oily sweat) and saline (salt water) the water is to cool and the oil to lubricate. Sebum attracts bacteria, which quickly multiply and give of a scent. It may be mild in some people and stronger in others, but hair traps air to provide warmth and provides a greater surface area for bacteria to grow on, increasing the smell. If you're a guy, or a girl who doesn't shave their underarms, you can test this. Shave one armpit - completely and apply equal amounts of deodorant/antiperspirant to each underarm, and give them a sniff at the end of your day, and see which one is fresher.
    I've heard a lot of weird stuff about why women think men like women to have a 'Hollywood' - namely because we're all peadophiles at heart, that could be true, but if you give it more thought, do men get turned on (more so than most women) by visual stimuli, or mental stimuli? Men like boobs, kids don't have boobs, but men like looking at vaginas - most of us dont want to get up and close with the top 1/10th of Bob Marley, for aesthetic, hygienic and practical reasons. If you have a man lucky enough to be your partner, would you prefer licking his hairy, sweaty, musky balls, or that he'd done some 'manscaping' to keep it tidy? It doesn't have to look like an onset pornstars downstairs 24/7, and a landing strip is absolutely fine, as is a neat 'v', s long as it's trimmed. The only absolute NO is a 'Bum Beard'. Try getting your grove on in a 69 with smooth labia and engorged clitoris, while having your nose stuck in a load of hairy clinkers. Just no. This would apply to men too, I suspect. These are just my opinions, (the facts about bacteria I can back up) but everyone is different, some people like it au natural, and others (I'd say most men) like an attended lawn - of any type you wish (except the Bum Beard!)

• I thought I was the only guy. Most guys my age don't like when girls have some hair. I actually really enjoy it. Almost all girls shave it though, so that's their choice. I am glad you wrote this because if a woman doesn't feel like shaving it fully, she shouldn't feel insecure.

• most you men bang on about the bald look. nah, give me hair, it rules

• I have never been with a lady that has hair down there. Its a big fantasy of mine, I once tried asking my ex not to shave, and she felt weirded out. So I hope I get lucky with the next girl I date.

• hair rules, the hugest turn on and adds so much

• Another good take - I agree that the main reason is aesthetics seemingly pushed by trends in the porn industry - I do step back and say every vagina is different and each individual probably has their own preferences, I think if pushed I would pick trimmed

• I'm a "as long as you don't want oral" type of person. I'm not getting hair in my mouth. I'm always with a bit of hair, but I'm not eating hair. Otherwise, I really don't care.

My girlfriend absolutely loves oral, so she keeps it low or nonexistent.

There is an eerie trend in guys who apparently look at their partner's clean shaven vagina and think about prepubescent girls. My girlfriend taking off her panties doesn't remind me of a damn child.

• it is all conditioning. when we grew up all women had hair. seeing it bares creeps you out

• No has to like it a certain way. However, comparing it to prepubescent children is just insane

• it is the dominant thought around our age group- just look at similar responses on here. you are used to the bare look for it is the trend now

• I see what you mean. I'm not extremely picky... but My preference is either shaven completely, or "1996-2005" in your pic. I guess it's for the reason you mentioned in paragraph 6; It's like a young woman... HOWEVER: I think any girl on earth would praise you for being who you are, liking unshaven pubic hair! (I wish I were you.)

• Follow your own acceptance of nature or your part in shaving it to the desired wish.

Its is funny how the world follows porn actors in some way. So as an experiment I would say: porn actors just trim it and dont barely shave... and watch the world change ;) ;)

• My girlfriend and I both prefer the natural look. To me, a shaved woman looks prepubescent and I feel like I'm going to get arrested for child molestation.

As to my girlfriend, I shaved one time - everything, chest hair, pubes, armpits. I thought she would be surprised and think it was really sexy. She hated it and she said it made her feel like she was having sex with a 7 year old.

So, suffice to say, everything is back now. (One other time I just tried pubes - she didn't like that either.) Lesson learned - which is okay, shaving that much is really a lot of work.

• you are singing to my choir. My sentiment exactly

• Ha! Thanks. Yeah, I don't get it. I started to get a little chest hair when I was 17 - now I am moderately hairy - and I remember being so proud of myself. (I'm a man!!!)

Now it seems these guys can't shave it fast enough. I barely have the patience to shave my face - I grow a beard in the winter months and my girlfriend does not even really like that - let alone every square inch of the rest of me.

So here's to us retrogrades!

• cheers to you, Sir

• Thats a personal preference. Some like it that way, some don't. If you like something in someway, no amount of reason can make you think otherwise, or maybe you can think it's for the best, but it's not necessary that you like it.

• very true. it is all what you grew up with. all women had hair back when i was growing up. so it is weird seeing bald

• I don't like bushes, I don't even like George Bush, in fact, the only bush I like is Busch Light

• hair rules!

As for the other 'Bush'- rather try to piss out a huge kidney stone

• I’m pretty much that same way you feel about it, just stuck in the 1980s I guess 😊

• of course this is written by a middle aged man on a site for young people

• Just a male input, we like a bit of bush, i dont want to be kissing kojak.

• No bush thanks. I don't want to be finding myself in a myriad of curly hair and having to guess where the entrance is.

• I like a nice trimmed bush. But right now finding the front triangle or the landing strip really hot.

• I prefer 1990. Neatly trimmed, but not too much. Just no jungle, but still womanly.

• Not quite sure that the pic is exactly accurate.

And no, guys want trimmed or shaved.

• I don't like it on me or my girl in less it very well trimmed and taken care of

• Actually I prefer hairless. It's more comfortable when you go down there. But I accept sometimes a little hair is beautiful. And I think this days a little bush is starting to be trendy again.

• I'm fine with pubic hair, just not to the point of full bush. I find that the longer my pubic hair goes, the more uncomfortable it feels for me. So I cut the long hairs with scissors to keep it short.

• I'm a 1970-1980's guy. I love the bush too.

• More from Guys
    26