The In's and Out's of Bisexuality - Can't We All Just Get Along?

THE IN'S AND OUT'S OF BISEXUALITY - Can't we just all get along? ... Here's myTake, what's yours?

I have seen so many posts saying... "If you are bisexual then you are confused"...if that's true, then why don't I feel confused at all? What is confusing about liking both guys and girls? I think the ones that find that confusing are a bit confused themselves. Don't you think?

Some also say that your sexual preference is determined in the womb, but I think it is developed over time and sparked at an early age in life. Much has to do with how you were treated, or mistreated, as a child, and by who. If much of your time as a little girl was playing with an abundance of other girls, as mine was, maybe you will have a special affection for other girls because you grew up interacting with them on many more levels than those of the opposite sex so you know how they think, act and feel more intimately. In a general communal sense, the same sex will act like you, think like you and totally relate to you in most cases. As a girl, for example, you have that emotional connection that you just don't have so much with boys. That's how it has been for me anyway.

While at the same time, there have been many boys in my life that I met at school and other places, as well as cousins, etc., that have been nice to me too at times...lol, so I still have a fondness for them too. And since that is the cultural norm, I want to try, and at least, appear "normal" at times, so I like both sexes in my life. And I would think the same would be true with boys, who may like other boys, but like girls also.

And, of course, there is the abuse angle of all of this. I have never been abused at all, but I can imagine, and have read, that if you are a girl and you had some serious abuse perpetrated upon you when you were young by a male figure, then you may have a distrust for males. Am I off base here? I don't think so. And this could lead to a proclivity to like and trust other girls more and eventually lead to a fondness, then affection and finally culminate in a more sensual experience with other girls as well.

For many reasons bisexuality is here to stay and I love it! The big question is "CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG AND LOVE EACH OTHER FOR WHO WE ARE REGARDLESS OF OUR SEXUAL PREFERENCE?" :)

1224

Most Helpful Guy

• I respect lgbt people even though I think everyone should be straight. I let people believe what they believe, and respect them all equally regardless of our difference.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You are a very wise boy Mr Clamp and your respect makes me respect your opinion too very much actually! Thank you :)

• Thank you very much. My pleasure. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I love this take!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And I love you Ms Yuki for saying that!
      See Ms Yuki is showing us all how we can "just get along!"
      There is so much love here to go around... lol

• Oh!!! thank you so much (MHO)~~~~!!! i love you💞

• Aw, you are so sweet! :)

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 23

• MS. Laurie you are an interesting woman., a question come to mind, could you ever be in a committed relationship?, and if so which gender might you choose? Or would you just remain open to both all of your life?

• Not sure if you saw myTake...
      True Love! Is It Ever Attainable? ↗
      There you can see that I can, and would, be committed to the right boy but I'm a dreamer.
      Some girls have wanted me to be committed to them, but so far I have not.

• I forgot I had answered your linked post, with my sad heart.

• I think it is attainable but you must remember you're swimming against the tide in this bigoted society.

• I'm Bi.
    Psychology shows that sexuality is on a continuum with few landing strictly on homo or hetero. Whatever the social and biological factors involved in sexuality it largely appears that it is "locked in" by age 5.

We can get along

• "If much of your time as a little girl was playing with an abundance of other girls, as mine was, maybe you will have a special affection for other girls because you grew up interacting with them on many more levels than those of the opposite sex so you know how they think, act and feel more intimately." If this accounted for the development of sexual preference, most girls would prefer to be with girls and most guys would prefer to be with guys.

I was married to a bisexual girl. After two years of marriage, she cheated on me with another girl. She couldn't give up her desire for women. I will never again date a bisexual woman.

I don't chase after people and lecture them about being bisexual. I don't openly chastise them. But if "can't we get along" means that I should sing the praises of bisexuality and say a bunch of PC things to make you feel special. . . that's never gonna happen.

• Aw, I am so sorry that happened to you Mr OAW... really! :(

• I appreciate your concern. I try to constrict my anger to the one who truly deserves it and to not overgeneralize. There are groups of people who I choose not to have involved in my life but that doesn't mean that I hate any members of those groups. That is a distinction that must always be kept in mind: choosing to not affiliate with a group doesn't mean you hate the group or its members.

• I worked with gay people and bisexuals and never had any problems. A few are super militant and demand special treatment, but you'll find people like that in any group. I tend to defend the rights of others if it jibes with the Constitution. I do see the U. S. as primarily Judeo-Christian, yet I see no reason for any state to deny a gay marriage license. George Washington never had one because they didn't exist then. So if the government must issue licenses, then let gays have them. A friend of mine has worked for a telephone company since the days of Mountain Bell. A lot of the workers in the field there are avid readers, patriots, and libertarian types. Many of them have the consensus that gays have every right to be as miserable as any other married person.

• "... AND LOVE EACH OTHER FOR WHO WE ARE REGARDLESS OF OUR SEXUAL PREFERENCE?"

Sweetie, people can't even love each other when they share the same sexual preference.

• All I got to say is if I'm you're one and only dude... you can include all the chicks you want, with or without me.

• So the question is "why can't we get along... etc, etc?" Because human stupidity is infinite, and forever expanding, just like the universe. Next question please :)

• I have found that this notion of bisexuals being confused usually comes from within the LGBT community. For the most part it is gays and lesbians making this claim. The idea that a person could be sexually attracted to both sexes seems as difficult for them to accept as the idea of being attracted to the same sex is to accept for straight people. I, like you, do not feel at all confused. I love sex with both men and women. I see nothing wrong with such an attraction, certainly nothing confusing about it.

• I will say that my bi girlfriend did confuse the sht out of me.

• Sorry ain't loving anyone, most I will do is respect you for who you are. More likely to be in the category of 'I don't give a shit'.

• This ideology is flawed and divisive.

You're either a homosexual or you ain't.
    Pause.

• I guess I'm boring 'cause I just like women and heterosexual sex. 👍😉😂

• People can't love each other even being of the same family.

• Unask it all.

I am sensual, and there's a certain kind of experience I want to have.

• Great take

• not a bad idea..

• I like bisexual women but not bisexual men.

• All women are bi

• We can never get along

• It would be nice to all get along, but with the nation becoming more and more right wing I doubt it.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 11

• If you are bisexual... then that is who you are. The only problem is when people... men and women say they dont want to date a bisexual... they get hell for it. It is a preference just like anything else.

• It's because so many people nowadays claim to be bisexual to appear more interesting. I think it's sad that either communities are judgmental, but I also think it's a good idea to be very clear about one's orientation from the beginning. Bisexuality is not just a phase.

• Great take! Bisexual erasure drives me insane, and I say that as a straight person. If people spent more time focusing on themselves then they do caring about other people's sex lives they would be far happier.

• For me and my own personal opinion. There is no such thing as true bisexuality. It's a myth. Why? Because you can never feel equal draw to both genders. You ALWAYS... ALWAYS ALLLLWAAAAYS have a preference over one. Yes, you slept with girls, yes you had sex with guys, if you have the libido for it then it isn't that hard. But in my experience and I've met a truck load of bi's... who A: have never even BEEN with the other gender, B: ALWAYS in a relationship with ONE gender/sleeping and fooling around with the other.

Just my opinion/just my experience.

• People like to complicate things, Bisexual is just loving two genders equally. It's literally not rocket science nor it's a fetish

BUT YE I LOVE THIS

• I’m Bi and I love my life and I’m happy with it. Nothing is confusing

• *Don't you mean the 'ins and outs' ?
    Bisexuality is a complex thing. It might seem strange or completely natural... depending on the person's point of view.
    But the thing to remember is people should accept all people, but also, of course, retain their critical thinking.

If someone rejects you for being bisexual that isn't the end of the world, it's not even a bad thing. Everyone should be with the person that feels utterly comfortable with them... not someone who'd need to 'get over' or suppress their emotions so they'd feel okay being with you.
    That's no way to live.

• I love thisssss (Im biromantic)

• I don't know if I agree with everything. You are basically saying people can be swayed to be a entire different sexuality based off their experiences but last time I checked, gay people, were saying that they were born that way and that was the general consensus that I got.

• I dont have any problem with it but i would never want to date a guy who was bisexual.

• Bisexuality is not in any care necessarily connected with rape or violence. It's perhaps psychological that one can like both the genders. Being a girl I sometimes admire other girls' body curves. Sometimes I wish to have relations with them, but it doesn't occupy my mind and emotions. It's also true that a few times I undress myself or wish a girlfriend to do so and let me touch her or she to touch me. Despite it I am straight and like sex with guy.