Facts About Deep Throating and Other Kinks You Don't Hear Often

THIS IS A RAMBLING RANT. I NEED TO DO ANOTHER VERSION THAT EXPRESSES IT BETTER AND LESS SNARKY SOUNDING, BUT IF YOU WANT A FUN TRIP THROUGH MY MIND...HERE YOU GO.

I am just taking deep throating as an example, because it is one of many such acts and you deserve to hear some explicit downsides because all teens and young people now see is porn that glorifies the activity.

BOTTOM LINE: It's hard to do, uncomfortable, and to get good at deep throating you have to get really good at not barfing when you gag. Some people just take to it and it's no big deal. But the truth is, women and children (and males too) who work in legal and illegal porn, in prostitution, or are abused by being forced to choke on penises, even if they freely chose to consent to it STILL suffer problems from training away the GAG reflex.

This is because the gag reflex protects your lung and gut health. It helps keep food particles, saliva, swallowed solid objects of all sorts from going down to airpassages and suffocating/choking you. A fucked up gag reflex can mean you get bronchitis every time you catch a small cold because your respiratory system has trouble gagging up mucus and moving it to the mouth or stomach to be spit out or digested.

Not making this up. These are real health problems that long time sex workers legit have. They often get lumped in with the symptoms of smoking cigarettes, weed, meth and other drugs you smoke or snort, because the co-morbidity rate is so high (that means they happen together, a lot). I have worked with sex workers and known intimate details of their lives for over 30 years now, yes, really. I've seen it. I started volunteering in public health a long time ago because I had been one of those abused, used, very young women once. I'm not going to go dig up any studies or science articles that you can read because there aren't really people writing about this anymore in open source literature. Not since the 70s, but it's still known and understood.

So what does this mean. It means this really is a risk. It exists. I can't tell you how BIG of a risk it is. I don't know how many times you can DT before your gag reflex gets wonky, and if you add alcohol and other drugs to either person's system when you do it, you risk even more injury, and when you add herpes or another STD that can be transmitted orally you add even more risk (and if you have NEVER been STD tested but you have been exposed to anyone's genital or oral secretions in any way, you COULD have an STD).

So if there is a risk, is the reward worth it? Is watching a woman "gag on your mighty schlong", or showing your devotion by "gagging on a mighty schlong" really worth the health risk? What if I told you women should not have to feel pressure to submit to things that risk their health? This is 2018, and that's just stupid. Jesus doesn't want you to make your wife unhealthy just to have relations with her, and I am putting it like that because I'm just trying to get you to see it in moral terms, not that you care about Jesus or are a man, or even want a wife.

We can all agree, probably no one should have to get sick or choked to death for our fun times, if we can avoid it. (Even if we're consensual sadomasochists, we agree, and if you DON'T agree, you're what's called a sociopath.)

What if I said hey, "the guy who wants to shove a hard flesh object of some length down your throat and make you gag for his jollies would NEVER agree to do such a thing if the tables were reversed (and you KNOW he wouldn't.)

He simply would not allow you to jam your fingers back in his throat for 5, 10, 30 minutes, over and over until it made you orgasm, even if it was the only way you could orgasm. You know most men wouldn't do that because they wouldn't submit to it or see it as a rightful thing to ask them. The man would simply not submit to his head being forced and hair roughly pulled so you could do this choking thing enough until you had your orgasm. (Maybe some men, but very darn few.) Imagine how much money and drugs you would have to offer most men you know to do something like that before they'd agree?

So, just what exactly is this man offering you in exchange for this unpleasant thing you train yourself to like? Is it money, security, paying your medical bills when you're 45 to get you treated for bronchitis one more time? Perhaps if you have to do this or be beaten, or do this vs. starving, or dying, or having to jones for dope for longer, or do this or not be loved, you'll think the risk is worth it. And if you think it's worth it, do it, I guess. It's your choice as an adult where it's legal to even perform fellatio. I'm not kink shaming. I love kinky shit. But I have my limits of what I will do to another person.

And the worst thing of it all is it is not even the best, most sensual, most awesome feeling kind of blow job to get. It just mostly LOOKS good, powerful, domineering and degrading on camera - because...

it's yet another of the many porn sex acts that look/sound good but don't actually feel good in real life, because porn is acting, duh.

And it's 2018 now. It's unethical to make all women submit to all men on all things that men want. It's not caveman days, it's not ancient Roman days, it's not Jesus' time anymore. So we all draw the lines on who submits to whom and when somewhere. I think of it like the DMV. Women work there now and if you want your car tags you might have to follow the direction of a woman, whether you like it or agree with how it's done, you just have to pay the money she says, fill out the form she says, and wait in the line she says and you can fuss, fight and be pissy about it because man should never submit, but there you are in the real world, and...it makes no sense not to just do what she says, so you do it. Or you walk out without your car tags, get pulled over by a lady cop, get a ticket, go before a lady judge to fight it, and one way, some way there will be a woman you HAVE to submit to or literally risk being shot if you protest it too far.

So, quit playing this dom-sub-god-slave-male-female tape in your head. We're not different from you, we're just other people, and we're made out of all the same stuff that you are. Beyond the very most basic role of which person has the sperm, and which person has the ovaries and the uterus and the developed mammary glands, probably ever other gender norm is going to be polluted in some way by the environment, so, gender norms are a little messy even down to at the very simplest, basic level, so that makes them all at least a little bit bullshit. It is not black and white. It's always some shade on the spectrum.

So, why be that guy? The guy who thinks "I have a penis, and I am stronger physically than this woman, and I can do this."? Why not be the guy who says "yeah, but it's not good for her health and I don't really need it?"

So yep, it's about feminism, the battle of the sexes, the battle for supremacy over equality, the battle of porn fucking people's ever loving minds up because they just don't know how the stunt sex gets done and what cost it exacts on the body, because no one is supposed to get as obsessed and detailed about it as I am, but here I am...

Anyone still with me here?

I hope that was a fun ride.

Not in the mood to argue so won't, but hey, comment what you think.

This is how the deep existential dilemma all humans face of negative versus positive, good over evil, and always wanting to be in the light makes me feel.

"In certain cases, absence of the gag reflex and pharyngeal sensation can be a symptom of a number of severe medical conditions, such as damage to the glossopharyngeal nerve, the vagus nerve, or brain death."

And deep cleansing breath now....

When all else fails remember that almost no person on earth with their senses intact can resist the charm of frolicking animals as long a the animals don't get hurt. Therefor, cat vidoes are the great equalizer.

1138
MlleCake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Deep throating is a silly porn antic. A skilled, well timed hand-and-mouth blow job is far superior. A blow job is nurturing therapy not an athletic event.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Some people like to feel the dick in their throat. A straight-ish guy I knew did. Some chicks do. I saw a great amateur vid of a chick who, quite relishingly, gobbled this guy's meat all through his violent ejaculation. She wasn't faking. I see into people through their eyes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank you same thing with a lot of today's practices... It's about how much you can destroy someone and that's it... And just because they think they will get more respect or be more liked if they can do it... That "good girl" and a smirk, I don't get why so many girls will permanently fuck up their bodies and convince they like something painful when they get nothing from it other than knowing they 'can handle the abuse'.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True which is an assholee thing to do, but it's stupid too. These guys who can't to dominate and cause discomfort for the woman have too high of an opinion of their dick. This even happens because the woman cares about the man and allows it. The mouth is a hell of a lot more dominant than a dick. What I mean is, the dude shoudl realize when wanting to deep throat a chick, that should could bite his dick and seriously harm him. But she doesn't because she's not sadistic, yet the dude doesn't care how he feels and actually thinks he can dominate her mouth with his dick. Shit just her not holding back her teeth would damage and hurt a man's dick. Dude's need an ego check at the door, because they are lucky chicks don't bite their dicks when they try that stuff.

• Beyond an inch, and depending on the design, they are non-trivially destructive to the body, which is the point of address in this bit. The other things are emotional.

• @Ahsthen is right that heels cause harm. And that falls right in line with many beauty practices that are harmful. The difference is in the amount of harm. Heels if worn constantly shorten the Achilles tendon and then make running or even walking without them painful and difficult. but this is easily mitigated as well by not wearing heels all the time. They fall into the same category but at drastically different levels. For example, 1 time of anal sex has the chance to permanently damage your colon and require surgery to treat... Multiple times if continued when damage is occurring are likely to leave you pooping into a colonoscopy bag the rest of your life... 1 time wearing heels has no risk other than tripping, and if you only wear them occasionally there is no risk of your tendons reforming to them.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 37

• What a great piece of lumping sex, rape, "gender roles", "my opinion", "I'm not going to provide evidence, just take my word for it" and actual solid advice in to one matter.

• Well, here's the thing about the evidence...

It's deep medical journal evidence, which you can't really link to. Def my opinions all over in this take though, which is what takes are.

• Alright, makes sense.

Except for the part where you do that thing that women commonly do where they blame others for what they do. Whoever DOES it is responsible for themselves. It's not the guys fault automatically (damn feminism!!)

• I appreciate what you're saying, but you're ignoring that women really have been socialized to accept the sexual choices of a male partner, and that men really do pressure women into sex acts.

Not that men never get pressured either. This particular issue just happens to have a feminist angle to it.

• Thing is you are writing as if it doesn't matter of the type of guy you get, he should "stop" or change his personality as opposed to just being with someone who compromises or has more sh-stuff in common.

This is the core of the problem with dating now. Women like jerks and laugh at nice guys but they want the jerks to be nice to them. Of course he is a cheater, or selfish, or ignores the girl, or in your example, controlling and tricky with pressuring the girl to do something she doesn't want to do.

• Well, if there's any message here it's to say no to those guys because you know it's not great for your health.

• are average civilians experiencing this on any regular basis? you mentioned working with sex workers. so these are people who probably have exponentially more sex workers and do exponentially more kinky (deep throating) acts

i definitely know the risks but as we haven't seen a huge issue in the normal population i guess i'd wonder how great is the risk for women who occasionally deep throat don't do it as aggressively as those sex workers do it

• Interesting take. I enjoy kink and experimenting with different things but this is one of those things that has never made any sense to me as well as other things that can do a lot of damage to the body when people try to do things with their body that it isn't designed to do.

• I'm actually not surprise by this, I think deepthroating is a very inhuman act and I find nothing around or sexual about it. I seriously never understood how is it that some people can actually get off to these type of things.

anyways if i have to make a list of my top most repulsing porn genre out there as of now, deepthroating is one of them

• deepthroating is a lot like anal in this regard. It's pointless if she doesn't want to want it. But if she does, i'll obligingly train her with whatever means she has in mind.

• I agree (even though have been 180d from some of your posts) as this
    it sounds hotter than it is and of course
    porn always does a lot stupid with loads of grunions in tow
    The porn we love has a bit more humor and enthusiasm in it = anything w/Desiree Cousteau of course, one of the few that never suffered the horrible consequences of such stars - she actually thrived from it becoming a licensed Georgia therapist/psychologist?

• Stop crying about what people find good in porn that what's wrong with this rant

• I've never had the pleasure of a deep-throating. But I've never had a bad blowjob really either. So...

• Lol this is the least medically supported nonsense I've heard. People like you are a danger to the web.

• Being average length means a large number of females can swallow my cock without it getting past the back of their mouth. But I think one can train their gag reflex to be variable. I can reach down my throat with my finger and not gag.

• Now do one about how cunnilingus causes throat cancer

• If you don't like it then don't do it.

Of course, you can't ask a man not to like it either.

Most men don't want to be nagged. That doesn't mean women will stop nagging. Men just simply choose to find other women.

• GIRLS DONT HAVE TO CONSENT TO DEEP THROATING OR ANY OTHER SEX ACT IF THE GIRL DOES NOT WANT TO DO A SEX ACT AND SAYS NO THAT MEANS NO SO HAVE LOVE AND RESPECT FOR THE GIRL AT ALL TIMES COME ON GUYS DONT ABUSE THE GIRL AS THAT IS WHAT IT IS ABUSE

• People will do what they want regardless of health risks. And also fetishes have never really made any logical sense.

• Yep I'm with you on this, they eat at McDonald's, some inject filthy opiodes into their veins, and some swallow giant shlongs while engaging in sexual Congress. They don't care, you can't stop them from doing bad shit.

• I would never try to convince a woman to do this, if she choose to then fine her decision, although teeth would certainly be an issue and that's not pleasant.
    Good take...

• Girls deepthroating a peeled banana make me uncomfortable.
    You may think it's sexy but all I'm thinking is "if that breaks off, you gonna choke to death"

• I can't say that I really see the appeal of DT-ing but I guess it's like someone said in the comments, it's more for the person doing the sucking and obviously women have, on occasion, done it and if you want to... have fun! It does nothing for me either way.

However, since I don't just accept peoples word as truth (even on topics where I don't feel very strongly either way) I figured I should look it up myself but unfortunately I can't find one single scientific paper to back that claim up. The closest I could find was the importance of the gag reflex during infancy but lets face it, if people are DT-ing infants then we have problems on an entirely different level!

I want to point out that I'm not saying that it's NOT true, I'm just saying that I haven't found any papers to support that it is (searches on Google Scholar). If anyone else has had better luck I'd love to get a few links.

• As I said in the beginning, it's not something that has been the focus of much research, just something that is widely understood among people who deal with those engaged in sex work. I've been one of those people for decades.

You can take it or leave it.

• I figured this. There is a reason I am against deep throat. Also, imagine if the girl BITES whether for fun or by accident? Human teeth can be sharp as hell! On top of that, I hear human mouths are less clean than those of dogs! I don't want my junk in there! Rather would NOT get STDs and shit. I got a blowjob maybe once or twice. But if I ever have sex, Id rather the natural way with a condom and stuff. And even that is at the BOTTOM of my list because there is a thing called self pleasure if I REALLY feel like I need that stuff.

• I don’t expect a girl to deepthroat me all the way but if she wants to try or is good at it I’m not gunna say complain or say no 🤷‍♂️

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 10

• You are simply amazing. Great read and very funny. I will say I physically don't find anything wrong with deep throating but I don't do it for long periods either. It is more of an occasional icing on the cake I suppose.

• *braces for impact from inevitable shitstorm raised by whinging boys with power delusions*

• And it didn't happen.

• Oh, he's just like an angry little bug in a jar. Tink. Tink. Tink.

Just shake him up and watch his little bugly antenae twitch around all pissy like, tapping his little impotent bug legs on the cold glass...

• It’s honestly hilarious.

• Facts? A trip through your mind reveals not many facts, but lots of moral panic and virtue signaling junk, and I've heard plenty of that before. This so resembles the sound of uptight socially conservative 1950s America all over. Ever heard of the film "Reefer Madness"? Yeah, this is basically like a feminist version of that. Disturbing.

• i've posted on here forever deep throating is just a circus act and the real pleasure for the man is his head penis head that is... lick kiss his mushroom lick his pee hole and the vein behind the head is essential... get a swirling tongue motion going as you suck his cock... also act like your enjoying giving him head and swallow his cum it'll really make a big difference.

• You say this is a rant and you going to make a more in depth one later?
    I think il wait for that, it sounds interesting, but I really have no idea where one is to turn to see research on this type of stuff (and too lazy to search :( maybe some other day)

It is interesting over all, but I do wonder if its right or if it maybe just one of this ideas that people got around, and have no basis (not saying it is, just saying)

On any case thanks for sharing, give a new thing to look into

• I never knew this. This was a very helpful take. I couldn't read all of it because I have a fair amount of stuff to do but I will come back to this and maybe add some more later :) Thanks as always for the informative take.

• Great post and no one had this in my mind but more the turn on mindset. i agree that people shoudnt feel like they have to but only if they want to.
    Thanks

• as it got more ranty i just tuned out i agree women shouldn't be pressured to deep throat but it does come off as shaming people who do want to try it even women

• I can accept that.

I do say "go ahead and do it" but know the risks, and that was my ultimate point. I knew it was going to be ranty when I started to write it. I have a lot of ranty feelings about it.

• Does eating a girl out have health risks aswell? I've heard it causes cancer but I doubt it.

• Any female or gay guy that deep throats fucking disgusting 😷