"Using" Someone For Sex and "Players" DO NOT EXIST, People

Anon-ymous1

This is my first myTake, so if I miss something or leave out anything pertinent, forgive me. I don't think it'll be particularly long.

I spend a lot of time on this site as some of you may have noticed; I think it's fascinating to regard peoples' different opinions on life, the universe, and everything in it (mostly sex, hormones, romantic aspirations, physical attraction, and all related matters), whether they have any logical or substantive reasons to think the things they do, or not.

Often in topics related to romance, specifically the questions written by a female perspective, I see examples similar to "Why is he doing X to me?" or "Why is he acting X way?" The question always seems to verge into the banal and ordinary at first with "Things have been going well" but (there's always a but), "but why is he suddenly acting X way like he doesn't like me any more?" And then, inevitably, as sure as the sun rises...

"...Is he just using me for sex?"

Now, this very, very rarely occurs with a guy talking about a girl in the same fashion in a comparable post. But in the *thousands of posts* I've viewed and commented on in my time on GaG, I've noticed it... four or five times? So this is indeed a girl-ranting-about-guy-behavior sexual topic, and THAT is something I notice every single day at least two or three times.

^ So why did I post that pic? Why an eye roll? Why is the concept of "using me for sex" or "using you for sex" or "using" ANYone for sex, to quote @MlleCake, "lowball ass-chatter?" Well here's why: You can't have your cake and eat it too. What is "using" someone for sex? Simple: We call it sexual assault. If it isn't sexual assault, there's no "using" taking place. If a girl willingly has sex with a guy, even several times, then she is doing it because she wants to; she cannot then later claim that the guy is using her or used her just because things don't go well, or she didn't get out of him *after the fact* something that she wanted from him. And if she doesn't want to have sex with him, then she shouldn't fucking have sex with him-- it's really very simple.

So what is desired, in these cases? Oftentimes, that something is a relationship. Monogamous commitment. Or perhaps even an engagement, if they've been together for a while. In reference to the "friend zone," which many girls pooh-pooh as an immature concept because it's not something they usually have to deal with, a paraphrased popular narrative is "A girl is not a person that you drop enough friend coins into and then eventually you are granted sex." And I agree-- that mostly makes sense, right? It's a heavy dilution of a sensitive topic for lots of guys, but succinctly summarized, it's pretty much true, yes? So then a guy is also not a person that you drop enough sex coins into and you are then eventually (or immediately) granted a relationship or "something more" or marriage or Come-meet-my-mom-and-all-my-friends.

A truth in this life is that everyone has the right to self-determination as long as you're not hurting someone else; a person is allowed to be sure of themselves, and *own* themselves, and their body is theirs and no one else's. No one has the right to rescind that (outside of imprisoning people for violent crimes or whatever). No one has the right to physically or violently violate your body, your wholeness, without significant cause. Your "body is a temple," for lack of a better phrase. This is a popular narrative in feminism, and it should be, because it's true. So then, people are capable of making their own decisions about their own bodies, yes? Including girls/ladies/females/women? Obviously yes? Since they're, you know, people? So then how can so many girls clearly make the decision to do with their bodies what they *choose* to do, and *want* to do, and then later hypocritically ask why, or claim that, the guy is using them for sex? Which is it? Which way do you want it?

The term "use" implies that a person is doing something with an object of some kind that they are in control of and the other thing isn't-- you use a hammer to drive in a nail. You use a car to get from point A to point B. You use sunglasses to shade your eyes. You use a girl to orgasm. ....One of those is not like the others. I'll let you guess: Which is it?

Sometimes, some girls make much pomp and circumstance about being objectified by guys, and how that's immoral... or something (even though other girls in equal numbers seem to actually enjoy being objectified/lusted after-- in a safe fashion of course-- judging by everything seen on GaG). How far are we going to take this drivel? What, if he really really enjoyed the sex then he used her? Or if he didn't, it was using? Or if she really liked it, it was using her? Or if she didn't like it that much, it was using her? Or something? Or if he didn't text her for two or three days after, it was "using?" He's a "player?" Please... spare us. It's nonsense. It's absurd. It's ridiculous.

This Take is also directed to all the guys (the sheeply plethora that I've seen, sadly) who stupidly push the same narrative in attempts to be supportive of the girls who make these posts. Examples include the same thing: "Yeah he sucks, he doesn't deserve you," "he sounds like an asshole," etc. Bro... *you* sound like a complete fool. I get WHY you are saying these things-- like I already said, you want to be supportive! Girl is upset-- back girl up! Make her feel better! Give her an online hug! Come to her rescue! There's nothing wrong with that, right? Supporting others, being sympathetic, is a good thing in the big scheme of life. Unless of course... the cause you're supporting is a foolish, illogical one.

This is very, very, very simple: If she wants to have sex with the dude, then fine. If she doesn't, she doesn't. She can't then basically get buyer's remorse for not getting a label or a ring. I mean, she CAN, but then that makes her exactly one thing-- a hypocrite.

And once you've become a hypocrite, your opinion is worthless. You lose.

35
34

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    Some of it is true. But this all comes down to the different point of view men and women in the case of sex.
    Men believe that you don't have to love someone and want to be in a relationship with them to have sex. Sex is sex. Deal is done and closed. We both enjoyed. We can move on.
    But women believe that you do not make any move towards or have sex with someone unless you feel connected with them enough to at least start a relationship. You don't share bodies unless you share thoughts and feelings and have a sense of commitment.
    Hence, these different points of view create the concept of being used.
    When a guy PRETENDS to want to be in a relationship with a girl, only to satisfy his sexual urges without the intent of a relationship, that means he is deliberately deceiving the girl. And when she finds out, naturally she is going to get upset.
    (And yes, lots of girls believe in love at first sight and an instant connection. Just like as a guy you can tell right off the bat if another guy doesn't share your interests and so will not be suitable best buddy material or will be.)
    It's the same as a business scam. You pretend to be able to and want to offer services to someone, and sign a fake contract, but after receiving money from them, you fail to deliver.
    Girls don't want a relationship out of sex. They want sex with someone they are in a relationship with. So if a girl has sex with a guy, she is definitely assuming he wants a relationship with her too.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

If you're curious about the reason:
      Because the meaning of sex is completely different for girls. Girls don't have sex just based on an urge to "sow their seed". In the days before contraception, sex for a girl meant a good chance of getting pregnant and having a baby. It still does on an instinctive level, because our bodies are still unaware of the existence of contraception, so we are still hardwired to respond the same way. And having a baby requires support, which leads them only to have sex with someone they think is willing to be in a relationship with them.

• Cool, all that means is that she was deceiving him too if she has sex with him under the guise of "yeah I'm cool with it, I don't want a relationship right now, we'll see where things go" or whatever, that they both would tell each other prior to jumping in the sack, when really in the front of her mind she's thinking that she really wants a relationship or marriage out of the guy. That is also deception, based on what you just said. It's the same as a business scam.

That was easy, wasn't it? Except, it's not, because that's absurd, as I said in my post. You are responsible for your own decisions, as is everyone. I get where you're coming from, and you're not entirely misguided here, but you've completely ignored the "deception" (since you want to use that word) of the girl aimed toward the guy, then.

• Anonymous

Okay. Agreed. The other way around is true too.

Most Helpful Guy

• OpenWine
    good points on this one. I feel like at this point internet has given us a curse and those are to hear all the nonsense people make up in their minds.

"So then a guy is also not a person that you drop enough sex coins into and you are then eventually (or immediately) granted a relationship"

this could demolish girls views on friendzoning guys dude that just reminded me of ShoeOnHeads phrase with nice guy points
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

3433
  • MlleCake
    This implies that people are never deceptive with each other when wooing though.
    • Kiran04

True, but everyone is responsible for their own actions regardless. If you don't want to be "used" for sex, then keep an eye out for signs that that's all he wants you for. Ignorance is not an excuse, and both men and women lie like sacks of shit to get what they want, so the burden is on all of us as individuals. You're responsible for you own decisions.

• MlleCake

@Kiran04 I think responsibility shifts a little when there's deception involved. But I basically agree with you.

I think women and men need to get smart about what they're agreeing to - ask enough questions that they know what they're getting into.

• Kiran04

You can make that argument, but it's a small consolation for people who get deceived. The best and only defense for that is to be constantly vigilant for deception. It's against the law to shoot people, but that doesn't really make shooting victims feel any better. I'm sure if you asked any one of them if they could have done something to not get shot, would they have, they'll all tell you "yes".

• Cryostatic
    "What is "using" someone for sex?"

Lying about what your intentions are, pretending to want a relationship when all you want is sex, in order to convince someone who wants more than a purely sexual relationship to have sex with you.

It's not that difficult to grasp, you daft panda.
    • What's difficult to grasp is not agreeing with the point that you, or anyone, are responsible for your own actions. Don't have sex with the person if you don't like them. Daft lizard. Or monkey. Or shark. Lol "daft panda" what are you on?

• Cryostatic

Lol, eat a bag of dicks. If you deceive someone, it's because you're a piece of shit, not because they deserve it. Fuck outta here with that devil's advocate horseshit, 'cause there's no way you're really that fucking stupid.

• You must be highly educated. I can't compare to that level of verbal or written sparring expertise. You have slain me.

... Just kidding. You're a dumbass.

• Logorithim
    I have to disagree. There are truly players (have seen and known some myself) and people do get used for sex (not always unwillingly and sometimes they're only bothered after the fact because they expected more from the bargain than the sexual act itself, e. g., a relationship).
    • Uh... okay man well the problem with ^ what you just said is that you didn't actually say anything. You didn't provide examples or make a discussion or an argument. So once you do that, maybe we'll listen.

• @Logorithim Still waiting.

• adoriakim

I agree with you. The guy didn't get the point onf being JERK. If you want only to get laid why didn't say it before. Would I date with you and spend time with you if I know you only want sex with me? No. So for this guy if (who is very practical) If a sign says free food for peacock only. And you go inside disguise as peacock the person hand you the food. Did you did the right thing, just because he handed you willingly? No. You cheated, he was fool to not recognize you put you're a bad person. This is not for you. So some girls want to have sex but It's Only with a special guy. Will I be turned on if you want one night stand? No, I will show you the door. If you choose me over every other girl I will give you something? Then it's not for the guy who didn't choose me over everyone. The simple answer to does I want to have sex too? The simple answer is No. I don't want to have sex with you. I only want to have sex with good guys who like me for not just my body

• DevikaButts95
    Use takes the actual definition of use here. You can use someone for sex, it basically means to be in a relationship with someone who you have no intention of actually upholding the relationship so you can have sex with the person. This is what it means and it does happen. Whether or not the girl wants the sex is irrelevant, sex is a part of the fulfilling relationship they want. Sexual assault is sexual assault, using someone for sex is something different than sexual assault. The girl wants a fulfilling relationship, and amazingly when someone says they want to be in a relationship with you, you think they want to be in a relationship with you. Big surprise. Using someone for sex is manipulating someone into having sex with you under the guise you want a relationship. It's okay to just have sex to have sex, but both parties should know your intentions. This weak ass mytake isn't really going to overwrite these inherent truths.
    I did like the sex coins thing though. It's clever and it's also true.
    • Sorry. No.

• @DevikaButts95 Read the other anonymous chick's long well-thought out comment here, and my reply to it. I think you think the same thing she does, based on what you said, and it's crap. No offense.

• I just explained what it meant to use someone for sex. It wasn't an opinionated explanation, it's factual.

• BuchitaBuchys
    I kinda agree, but also disagree.

Women who are giving sex expecting a relationship need to stop and reevaluate how *most* successful relationships work. Men who just become doormats and expect for the woman to be interested, aka the friendzoned guy, needs to stop complaining about doing so much but getting so little. I have male and female friends and I hear both problems.
    They both need to reevaluate why they aren't in relationships yet, and instead of bitching about evil men or women, try a different game plan.

Still, I don't agree that there aren't players and that you can't use someone for sex. There are players, if someone is deceiving their intentions just to get sexual favors, that's a player. Player =/= promiscuous guy. So it's not the same as a slut, many people confuse the two.
    And lots of women use men for "relationship" needs, without being in a relationship with the poor guy. I'm not saying all friendzoned are there because of intentionally deceitful women, but many are. They are waiting for "Mr. Right", but hate being single, so they let that awkward guy take her out on dates, get her gifts, etc all just to say "you're such a great friend". Making him feel there might be more, but pulling back every time.

I feel empathy initially, for both the chicks used for sex, and the men used for emotional or ego strokes; but after them continuously walking into the trap, I just can't help but get annoyed. If you get fooled once or a few times, fine. We're human. But if you continue, get a fucking grip already.
  • Ginfiend
    I read this ready to be wound up, type half a half ranty comment, delete it, close the screen and go do something else, but it's actually a well written take!

Two things I will say though;
    1) Me and mine have always deemed "players" as chaps who play the field, I guess the male equivalent of the usually used on girls, slut rather than a man who plays games.

2) I do think there is genuinely a lot of deception in dating, and there is a mixture (from both sides) of one leading the other on, and foolish people thinking that sex is a sure fire way to romantic intimacy rather than just waheyyy *intimacy*. There are relationships where there are a lot of manipulation, and "used for sex" goes one of two ways like you said- either it was people who have had something that hasn't worked out how they want, or, and far more seriously they have been persuaded, or pressured into sex when they didn't want it and promised and outcome- that is definitely assault and manipulation- and unfortunately sometimes that is downplayed, and that's when people do need to say "he sounds like a dick stay away" among some more serious advice where required.
    • Not sure I'm ENTIREly following you, but I get the general gist. Thanks for reading.

• Onlythisone
    I agree in part, women should know what they are agreeing to. But men should also be responsible for their actions.

I think many women learn after the first time... The first time generally being when they are teenagers and some guy pretends to like them until he gets sex then jokes about it with his friends... They try to avoid that.

So they wait, are more careful and the next time they are sure he is someone who loves them, they are together 3 months and then she finds out she was just one of his side pieces...

The point being, it is a large investment to put your love and energy into someone just to find out it was a lie, and there is no way to prevent that, there will always be a better liar.

The same applies to the "friend zone" comparison. The difference isn't that they have control over their bodies and don't want to have sex with them... It is the same exact betrayal.

A guy pretended to offer something, be it friendship, love, or a relationship, and lied about it to get what he wanted. Trying to be friends is just the first step in manipulative behavior that later becomes the "using her for sex" type after he learns that trying to be friends to get sex doesn't work.
    • Cool, trying to be a hook-up with the aspiration of later being a fiancee or wife if that's not what he was looking for is just the first step in manipulative behavior that later becomes the "this whole thing is bullshit" type after she learns that trying to have sex a lot = you have to commit to me or you're a baaad person or some stupid shit, doesn't work.

• I don't think I've ever met a woman who tried hooking up with someone with the intention of being in a relationship with them... Might be a generational thing but that doesn't seem like female behavior whatsoever.

• rjroy3

It's not generational. Unless you mean 18 year olds today. I'm 28 now and at least two girls I've been with did that. One when I was 19 and she was 18, then another girl when I was 23 and she was 22. They said they were okay with seeing other people, but later admitted they agreed and hoped I would change my mind (after sleeping with me).

It's not uncommon and many girls do it. It's a bad idea, but I equate it to the guys who pretend to want more and don't. They didn't have the courage to be honest and risk losing the person in front of them, because they feared they wouldn't want the same thing.

• Rapidash
    I think most girls that ask such questions actually mean “exploit”, which ultimately means a guy would “make use” of them in an unfair way. (Semantics)

Of course this can only happen if a girl lays down her cards: saying she is looking for a long term relationship and perhaps marriage, and the guy solemnly agrees BUT does not stick to such a promise and leaves right after sex.
    Being exploited doesn’t happen to one gender only either (a girl going along with sex but silently hoping for marriage and then being upset if she doesn’t get it, is banal as well).

I do believe people have the right to be upset if they are cheated and lied to. You cannot use cold logic with people, because feelings cannot be avoided just like that. I’d be concerned if you tell me you don’t get upset if someone lies to you about something you care about (sure you can get over it, but the fact is, you’re still gonna be upset).

Furthermore, answering a girls (or guys) question about whether she is being used simply by stating: “you’re not being used, that concept does not exist”, is just as banal. You mentioned that it’s all our choice, and I agree that it is. However, perhaps it would be more helpful to guide people to spot deception, rather than allowing themselves to get burned thanks to a silly choice that could have been prevented?

Relationships are difficult especially thanks to the emotional aspect, that often does not involve outright logic; if it did, everyone would be emotionally (concerning romance) happy right now. Spouting out such logic might help people understand a concept better, but it sure won’t make them feel any better :3

This is just my grain of salt concerning feelings, and perhaps I even missed the point :3
    • MlleCake

What a wise statement.

• There's a lot of truth in this, but just as a point of conversation, isn't saying "well, but my emotions" kind of an easy way out for... anything, then? I mean, I'm a guy and I have emotions too; can't I just as easily simply say "My emotions as a guy are telling me to have sex with whoever, and say whatever I can in order to make that happen?" I doubt you'd be as forgiving in that case. Isn't what you've said just a more involved explanation of "You're a bad guy because I want a relationship and you don't?" Even though it's a case of plenty of consensual sex going around?

• MlleCake

He's only a bad guy if he's lying or also trying to eat his cake and have it too (which is actually the correct way to say this phrase, by the way.)

No one is a bad guy if they are honest.

• newbie2015
    Bullshit bullshit bullshit. I've used a guy or two for sex. They enjoyed it. I was never dishonest, but i had a end game in mind that didn't involve us being together. Regardless if they loved me I wasn't going to end up with them. I suppose i regret that all now that I'm older and more mature. I wish I would have been less physically interested and been more kind.

The bottom line is no one DESERVES to be treated this way. You can say they aren't victims and i do agree after a trauma (being dumped etc.) we must look within our selves to change, because regardless who's at fault we can't change others.

Still, if we are to accept your argument, non of us should be having sex until we are matried. Because according to you its the only way to ensure one has this intent and will not be disingenuos.

Sadly, some people do in fact date people for many months and woo them and say i love you and tell the other they are exclusive just to have sex with that person and then ghost them. So how would you personally define getting to know someone? Just because youve met their folks or even child doesn't. ean they care about you. They could just be a sociopath.
    • Guys don't get used for sex.

None of us should be having sex until we're married? Where on Earth are you getting that from? That's not the point of the Take or my discussion at all. Did you read it?

• newbie2015

They do. And then they tell you they love you and can't live without you. And as a woman you have no intention of actually dating them. And then they start crying. Sad. But true. Actual men do do this. If you think they dont its probably only because you and your friends are ysed to dating beliw your station.

And no. I dont think waiting for marriage is the right answer. But you can't have it both ways. If you insist a woman can't be duped and must be responsible for said lies if what she wants is a ring on her finger, then according to this logic the only way to be certain would be to wait til then to have sex. Because people have already mentioned here that they've dated people for many months and finally had sex only to be dumped. So that means they didn't know them well enough according to you. I'm trying to find a point where one can be ASSURED they know the person. Otherwise deceit needs to considered. But youve said in comments it is the fault of the person that was lied to

• No, what I'm saying is that if that is her end game, "by the way I'm going to want a ring on my finger in about a year if we have sex tonight," then that's what she needs to be up front about before they do it. Except... that's pretty ridiculous isn't it? No one is going to do that. And yet, since that's what you're suggesting basically all girls want, you're also suggesting that guys basically can't win. AND the girls can't win. No one wins. Everyone loses.

• tangerinefan1050
    Dude, I don't know about any of that, but I know of one thing: Of course players exist. I'm a player myself! A Super Player™! 8)
    • Yep. Couldn't have said it any better. ^ This is the only appropriate use of "player."

• youtoo
    Not at all women know that he's lying to them though, and some guys say those 3 little words just to have sex with her, and then leaving her afterward. Maybe that happens more often than we'd like to admit. If that's not using her, I don't know what is.

On another note, I really like your post. It's well-written, your thoughts are clear and your points are made. I also like your direction, but it's a little bit too black and white. Life is more nuanced than that.

Interesting myTake 👍
    • Life is indeed nuanced.

• I would think if a girl were stupid enough to accept an I Love You after so little time and believed it enough to instantly jump in bed with him, she still is responsible for her thoughts and actions. She deserves to feel that way, although she needs to realize she still chose it. Therefore, she should not feel used.

I made a conscious choice to sleep with the guy I’m seeing after 3 days. I have never before gotten into bed with a man before a month and it has never taken an I Love You. I’m not sure I believe you can fall in love that quickly. Everything is amazing right now and I’m comfortable and open and all my skeletons have come out. And he’s still here. So yes I took a HUGE risk jumping into bed with this man after 3 days of knowing him and a 2-days-straight-in-bed-sleepover binge of Stranger Things, but it was worth the risk. And even if it hadn’t been, even if I had never heard from him again, so chose to take it to that step. MY RESPONSIBILITY

• @AnberlinCanucks Pretty much. Yep. Well said.

• You can very much be used, boy or girl. If one person is a deceitful human being posing to love you just because they wanted your body, that is using. There are plenty of people who pretend to be emotionally invested when really they only like the idea of having you around or they were really after you for the sex. Some people play games. That doesn't mean the victim is ALWAYS the oblivious one. Some people are just really good at lying.
    • Yeah I like playing Xbox too. Shadow of Mordor is a nice one.

Lol there's no such thing as "playing games." There is no "victim" here. Victims are people who have had a *crime* visited upon them. You're kidding right?

• Ellie-V

Not kidding. It happens. People really do act like they're in it for more than just the physical. It can be a man or a woman. I mean, maybe that doesn't apply to you and maybe you don't manipulate other people to get what you want. But there are billions of people on this Earth and you are just one person with one opinion. It's optimistic that you think that way, that there is no such thing as playing games. But it happens. It is what it is.

• No... it doesn't.

And again, if a chick doesn't get a relationship out of a guy that she has sex with, and that's what she wants, and he doesn't, then fucking *don't have sex with him again and don't text him and if you want to, block his number and block him on social media.* What about this is hard?

• cherryphi82
    The point I disagree with you on most is - Anyone has a right to their opinion, even hypocrites. How seriously it's taken, that's where we can agree to differ.

Otherwise, yes, I agree with you. Guys don't owe a girl who's had sex with them a relationship or a title let alone a ring. But with any transaction, there's usually an agreement. And when you engage in sex with someone, you agree to a certain level of basic respect for the other person's well-being and comfort. Thus, texting someone or checking up on how someone is doing after sex seems just the friendly thing to do. It's got nothing to do with monogamous commitment or any kind of exclusivity, it's just simple courtesy and shows a level of : I respect you beyond just the physical pleasure that you were able to provide for me. I'm your friend/someone who cares.
    I'm concluding that we're talking here about guys who ghost. And when I say ghost, I mean, totally disappear and never call/text back at all, show up 8 months later at party (presumably even with another person), can't look you in the eye and hardly say hi because they know their behavior was crappy. Then call two weeks later and ask if you were up for sucking their dick. I would definitely call that using.

But yeah, sex alone is not a ticket for commitment. It just doesn't negate basic courtesy and respect.
    • To add: It's an output vs. expectations thing. If the expectations exceed the output, you're in trouble.

• Yeah well said. Still disagree that a hypocrite's opinion matters though. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Then it becomes a free speech thing

• TadCurious
    "If a girl willingly has sex with a guy, even several times, then she is doing it because she wants to; she cannot then later claim that the guy is using her or used her just because things don't go well, or she didn't get out of him *after the fact* something that she wanted from him."

👍 You are spot on with this statement.
  • Annie_Mosity
    How does being responsible for your own body and actions then change the motives of another person?

I've fucked someone I didn't like because he was good in bed. That was the sole reason for having sex. Not sure if you need acquainting with a dictionary or not...
    • You fucked him? Not, he fucked you? He must have been into some kinky stuff then.

Anyway, what is this "motives" stuff? Presumably the motive when you're having sex with someone is that you want to have sex with them. If there's any other motive you have that you're leaving out (i. e., that in a few weeks or whatever you expect him to automatically become your boyfriend or S. O.) during the act, then that's on you, not the other party.

• Yeah, that's what I'm saying - I used him for sex... not sure how you got confused there.

And yeah, I am into some kinky stuff but that's neither here nor there. Fucking is having sex in my book. We fucked. I fucked him, he fucked me.

• ... It's not. If a dude fingers you, you're saying you're also fingering him, even though his finger is inside you? You're the one being penetrated, but the fingering is somehow mutual? Weird.

Anyway, no, you didn't use him for sex. Using him implies that he was somehow unhappy after the fact that you both had sex because it didn't get him something he wanted, like a relationship or something. Is that what happened? Because if not, you didn't use him.

• DeeDeeDeVour
    In many cases, nowadays, the ulterior motive is to have sex. Is that the bottom line? It's sad but it's quite true. There are real players who will play and prey on others to quench their thirst. You gotta be able to recognize the signs as soon as you can.
    • ... Huh? I'm not sure I understand you. The ulterior motive to having sex is... that you want to have sex?

• So if a guy lies to a girl and says that he wants to marry her, and they have sex, and then he says "AMF, good pussy but I'm outta here!" then it's her fault that she has been hurt?
    • Did she want to have sex with him?

• Yes, but only because she thought that he wanted to marry her.

• Your position is that his behavior therefore, in what is realistically a very narrow example that likely doesn't happen very much, is shitty. In your example, I agree, his behavior is shitty. That doesn't mean anyone was used. She wanted to have sex with him. It is still her decision to do so. Once she realizes he doesn't want to marry her, if that is the only thing on her mind (except it's not, because she also wanted to have sex with him), then she can block his number and never talk to him again, if that's what she wants. Will she *feel* used? Yes, sure, and she wasn't. She decided to have sex with him. No one made her. He could just as easily say that he feels used because she expected marriage from him (or he wouldn't have said he wanted to marry her if he actually didn't), and he didn't want that. Except that would also be equally absurd, since no one forced him to say that he wanted to marry her. He may have felt trapped, and so may have she, but that doesn't mean "use" happened

• blubblubblub
    Bs. Some people will fake being genuinely into you JUST to get the sex. Now thats "using" someone for sex. As in they fooled you just to be able go sleep with you. That is what people mean when they say someone used someone.
    • No, it isn't. No one *makes* you have sex. That's called "rape."
      "If a girl willingly has sex with a guy, even several times, then she is doing it because she wants to; she cannot then later claim that the guy is using her or used her just because things don't go well, or she didn't get out of him *after the fact* something that she wanted from him. And if she doesn't want to have sex with him, then she shouldn't fucking have sex with him-- it's really very simple."

• Robertcw

They may not not even realize they weren't faking afterall even if that was their plan until much later. It's nkt possible to separate tge two and only inexperienced people will make this mistake. Its hard to forget once it does happen to them.

• simplyaramdomgirl
    Good mytake, I don't agree completely with you though. There are people who use other people and I'm not saying that this is always the case, but you can't say either that it's never the case. There are many people that I've known that the guy or the girl completely lies to a person about their wants and needs or intentions and get away with what they want and leave the person alone and confused. Maybe for you that isn't a reality but for other's it is. Someone doesn't have to rape you to make you feel cheap or used.

Also a guy isn't a player because he didn't text you for a few days... What makes someone a player is that they string more than one person along (i. e have sex or intimacy) which in turn makes all the other people that he's string along feel used. How would you feel if you found out that the girl that you're seeing/sleeping with was sleeping with three or four other guys? Cheap? Deceived? Used? Yeah, my thoughts exactly. You can't say that Players don't exist because they do, maybe some people's definition of player is off but truth be told they definitely exist and they can definitely use someone for sex, they don't even bother learning the girl or guy's name.

I do agree with you that the term player is over used and wrongfully used in most cases, but not all.
    • Actually, I'd mostly think "good, means she can't say shit about me going out and getting another girlfriend too."

• Lmfao, what has wrecked your love life to make you so bitter and detached? If you truly feel for someone and that happens to you, your first thought isn't about how you can go out and fuck the next person you see. If you truly have feelings for a person what they do affects you, it makes you think, it matters to you. I doubt that if it happened in real life your first thought would be about how you could go and get another girlfriend without looking like the cheating asshole one in the relationship...

• Robertcw

@simplyrandomgirl This is exactly right. The poor guy is clearly inexperienced.

• sp33d
    I use the women I hook up with for sex and likewise do they use me. That's how hookups work. There, your point has been refuted. You lose.

"The term "use" implies yade yade..."
    Just semantics, you haven't made your point.
    Replace the 'term' "use" with "exploit"
    • Apparently you didn't read it. Try again.

• Catholicgirl22
    People do often use other people specifically for what they can get whether it's for sex, for money, for contacts or just for a place to live rather than because they like that person in anyway. Players defenitley exist, I know a few.

Player
    Players can be male or female. They are usually slick, dress nicely and are very charming.

They prey on people socially usually looking for sex or money. They have a way of befriending people and making them feel important, before they use them to their own ends.

Players make horrible friends or “significant others,” because they will “Judas back stab” and hurt you in any way possible if it is in their best interest.

They have no loyalty to anyone but themselves.
    “ Reiner is one heavy-duty player. Make sure he doesn't bed your wife or pet poodle.”

Player
    A male who is so skilled at manipulating women that he can "play" all of them at once by having strictly sexual relationships with all of them at once because they are so taken by him. A real player has many girls that he can call at anytime and have sexual intercourse with or accompany him to wherever he wishes. A real player's many women also are aware of the other women but are so into him that they do not care and/or it makes them want him more, to be the only one for him.
    "damn, that guy just stole the other guys girlfreind and now she's walkin off with him and leaving the boyfreind in the dust!! and that was only after he talked to her for five minutes while the boyfreind went to get drinks!! that guy is forshiiiiiiiiizzzzzle a player."
  • truthbeknown
    Sorry, I didn't read the whole thing, but I read enough for me. Yes, I totally agree that if women don't want to be used for sex, then don't give it up so soon or so easily! Make him earn it and in the meantime, develop and grow your relationship.
    • Well uh... that wasn't exactly my point at all, mate. Maybe you could reread it. My point is there is no such thing as being used for sex. I mean, it's kind of right there in the title.

• Yeah, I got it. You are not understanding me.

• blondfrog
    Yeah I agree. Except the thing is women should know that most of us guys do just want sex from her. They should know that by now. As so many women on here like to claim too that they know us guys so much lol, which is mostly untrue. If most of us guys told a woman straight up we just wanted sex then 99% of us would immediately get rejected so we have to lie and say we want a relationship. It's like women force us to lie and us men in a way force women to lie because of how we withhold each other's temptations. Reality of it is that it's both of our faults. Not to mention how we both put so much pressure on each other by expecting all these reidiculous physical standards on one another. "Women should wear make up like this, they should have these kinds of bodies, these types of faces, this type of hair." "Men should have a jawline that looks like this, should have this type of skin tone, mostly tannish, men should have bodies that are this muscular "like a fit slim body or athletic looking body." Then people wonder why we both lie to the other gender.
  • rjroy3
    Base premise I agree with. There is no "using" someone for sex. If there is, then the same could be said about a girl "using" a guy for a relationship/stability/all that comes with a relationship.

But players exist. Guys that do/say whatever to a girl in order for her to willingly have sex with him. Yes it is her choice, but a player lures a girl in with false pretenses. Obviously in many cases the girl just assumed things and the guy did nothing deceptive, but we can be real and admit there are guys and girls that do this.
    Players exist, but "using" people does not in the sense that it is labeled.
    • rjroy3

All in all. Good take. Pretty insightful on some points.

• Can't say I agree, but thanks for reading.

• lilaqua
    I think it's got more to do with someone using deceptive mean or manipulation to get sex from someone, which is still bad.
  • MrNameless
    If you clearly want someone for sex and you know they want something more but you play along with it and lead them on, then it is using them.
    • Did they have sex with you willingly because they wanted to?

And where is all this "what about lying?" stuff coming from in the comments section? Is this post about lying? People act like thinking you want a relationship and then deciding later on your don't is like lying about 9/11 or something. It makes NO sense.

• Berethor
    If a girl wanted an relationship, while the guy had humped and dumped her, then he had used her, and girls are usually less into casual sex then guys, except for very slutty girls. No anything that is immoral, is illegal, so it's not necessarily about rape. In any case, a man's sexuality is not the same as a woman's sexuality.
  • Tomblebee
    Would kinda break the mood tho if halfway thro flirty u were like : just sayin if we fuk id wanna date you afterwards just sayin.
    • Uh no, exactly. Things left unsaid are still things left unsaid.

• MlleCake

I agree here. We can't expect other people to be mind readers, and most women would do well to remember that a lot of men are very happy with low commitment sex, so if that's not the kind of sex you want, as a woman, you will have to be the one to say no. I think men owe it to women to be clear about what they are offering too though. I think everyone owes that to everyone in a relationship, and if you're not getting clarity when you ask your partner, then maybe that's not the partner for you. Men AND women need to learn how to say no to partners who aren't offering something suitable.

The problem comes when people try to hedge their bets by agreeing to something they know isn't suitable, such as the man who KNOWS the woman really only wants commitment, he doesn't really want that, but sleeps with her anyway, not telling her he's got no intention of being serious. That's only one example.

• MlleCake

It's not just men doing something shitty to women. I have personally had to say no to sex with men who wanted more out of the relationship than I did. It isn't something that is all just one direction, man using woman. I would have been using those men for sex they didn't want, and I knew it, so I turned it down.

What does it really all come down to though? It's better to be honest and not get laid, than manipulative or scheming and getting laid. There's nothing especially honest about expecting something of a partner that you never even told them you wanted though, and that goes for both parties in the dynamic.

• TisforTori
    Good my take and represents part of the reason I take so many months to be sexual with a man I’m interested in.
    • That's... not the point of the Take really, but thank you.

• TisforTori

Yes but it does make sense. No confusion if somebody just wanting you for sex if they gotta wait all that time they’d move on. Just a piece that’s good about it

• I AGREE if you had sex willingly you wanted it and are not used. But what people usually say when I ooont that out is they mean the guy or women lied and pretended to want more. OK. Then they are a scoundrel bc they lies. STILL you had sex bc you wanted to no one used you fir sex.

Good rule of thumb. If you feel like you are or coujd be being used for sex then you are not having sex for the right reasons of right person- so don’t. If you want sex have it if you dont don’t. No one used you. It’s honestly a really demeaning way of talking about yourself as if you’re an inatimate object with no actual agency. It makes you look bad not the “user” bc they wanted sex and they had sex. Wtf were you doing there.

Same with the emotional tampon thing. Friends care about each other if you feel like fru ndahip is using you you’re not really interested in friendship with that iersin so get out. No one tamooned you 🙄
    • Lots of misspellings but I get you. I think you're right.

• VIVANT

Oh yes I see.. I’ll coorrct later. Was on the move while typing didn’t notice 😁

• VIVANT

Friendship
      Person
      Tamooned - I kind of like that new wOrr 😉

• ObscuredBeyond
    If they have that "right," who bestowed it? And what is the implied attached responsibility to not hurt others through its exercise?

Using others is very much a thing. It's not about rights or self-determination either. It's about having no integrity. It's understandable for someone to fear that in another.

However, the real problem is that many girls tend to think random joes on the web are going to be psychic enough to decode every single motive of a poorly-described set of actions. Details need to be infinitely more complex than that, more so than those girls are willing to deliver. And even that is no guarantee.

There isn't a one size fits all answer. Here's a hint for these gals: if he doesn't trust you enough to tell you how his mind works, he's probably not ready to take things to the next level. And if you're giving him sex before that, then you're not showing proper respect for yourself.
    • That is... not the point of the Take. I hear you, but I can't say I agree. Mostly talking about your last part.

• ScottieO
    Sorry, no. Not only are you wrong but the arrogance with which you deliver your wrongess is pretty offputting. When you talk about using someone for sex it usually means deception is involved. A girl, for example, may be perfectly willing to have sex with a guy at some stage of their relationship given that the relationship has advanced to that stage first. The guy could be absolutely misleading her about his feelings though, lying his ass off, and have no interest whatsoever in a relationship.
    If she knew the truth, she would not have sex with him. But because of his lies and deception regarding his feelings and the state of the relationship, they are having sex.
    He is using her for sex. Plain and simple.
    • Cool, read some of my comments here since you're so upset about "using" and see the ways in which girls use guys. Don't know why you're only concerned about the guy part of it.

And, again, did she want to have sex with him or not? This isn't like buying a car or something. It's not a business transaction. "You give me a relationship and I'll give you sex." How fucking patronizing is that mindset? She wanted to have sex, and so she had sex. People are either responsible for their decisions, or they aren't.

• ScottieO

My comments apply equally to guys and girls. It can go either way. That's a weak criticism. Reverse the genders in my example for all I care, it doesn't matter.
      You're being really pedantic here. Surely even you realize that different people are comfortable with sex at difference stages of a relationship. Some people will have sex on a first date. Some people won't have sex until they are exclusive. Some won't have sex until they have verbally committed to each other. Some don't want sex until they say "I love you". Some don't want sex until they are married.
      If, for example, you are one of these people who doesn't want to have sex until one of these later stages, and someone lies to you about where the relationship is just to have sex with you, they are using you for sex. The only way this is not the case is if you redefine the concept of "using" someone to the point of irrelevancy. Your argument has no foundation whatsoever.

• "Where the relationship is?" What, is this a map? Where are we heading? And no sir, your comments do not go both ways; you made it pretty clear with your example you gave.

Sure, it's easy to recognize that people have sex at different times and with different comfort levels. How do you actually *know for a fact* what someone else's comfort level is? Can you see inside their head? Read their thoughts? Nope, but what you CAN recognize is, "hey this person is having sex with me; presumably that means they're comfortable with it or else they wouldn't be doing it." What I am mostly referring to in this post is people who, AFTER THE FACT, decide that they aren't getting what they want. No one is talking about lying one way or the other. You and many other people have brought up "What about lying?" And, uh, yeah-- what about it? Does it seem like this post is about lying to the person you have sex with?

• Obfuscate
    i liked this... you defended your point well in the comments... i think this is my favorite "mytake" so far...
  • Juxtapose
    You can thank third-wave feminism for making women believe they are equals while at the same time putting them on a victim pedestal.

Some people just love to blame the other sex for all their problems
  • FreshStart_2018
    Good points! In short own up to your actions without regret. Another myTake about regret and how woman feel after sex should be followed up with.
  • monkeynutts
    Girls just have to be aware of pick up artists, and other con jobs, these guys will do a little work on 50 different girls at a time, to see if one will bite.

A woman should always question a man's moral courage, she should do it in public just in case he is also violent. What drives a man? What does he know? What does he think he knows, can he take criticism? IS HE AN HONEST MAN?

Drinking and taking drugs impare your judgement, so if a woman wants a real man she should not do either at the time of finding one.

Otherwise happy hunting and own your decisions.
    • Hey man if that's how you feel, fine, but that's not at all the point of what I said in the Take.

• Cosytoasty
    Nice.

Obviously a guy who tells a girl they are in a relationship and is sleeping with others on the side is a cheat... But up to that point, it’s all kosher and the girls have every opportunity to walk away.
  • Celtero
    Thanks man, I'll make sure to call girls out on this bullshit every time I see it from now on.
  • JayParris
    The claim that he was using her is the same old victim-status tripe as its always been. If he was "using" her, then it semantically removes blame from her for giving it up on the first or second date, and shifts the blame to him. Same as the "he turned fuckboy" routine.

A hoe who does hoe shit, and then blames her hoe ways on someone else, is still a hoe. If she wasn't a hoe, he wouldn't have been able to "use" her.

Now, if she waits until they discuss and agree on a committed relationship, and then he bails as soon as he hits it a couple of times? I can see her saying he used her.
  • Lynzerilee
    You're speaking from a very personal point of view. It's not an absolute truth to take or leave. Relationships are much more complex than that, and you can't speak for everybody.
    There are guys who only look for sex just like there are guys who search relentlessly for a deep connection they crave. And there are girls who only want to play, just like there are serious ones who look for more.
    We are human-beings, we are imperfect and we make mistakes. We connect with others, we build trust in them, we love then they have the power to disapoint us if they failed to preserve the connection. Players exist, anybody who would say the right things, bring out your most delicate parts and the best of you, only for self-satisfaction, you'll realize painfully they could've spared you the trouble.
  • ronaldo75
    Are you the dumbass who claims "cheating" doesn't exist?
  • LadyAvon
    The only thing I don't agree with is someone could say they want a long term relationship and then have sex and leave without telling.
    • People wouldn't do that if they didn't think they had to.

• @Anon-ymous1 I disagree with you. People don't "have to" to lie about their intentions (I know you didn't say that exactly but you said that it was what people thought). They lie because they want to. If people were up front about their intentions from the start then a lot of the "deception" and confusion that comes with dating could be avoided. I see your point and I also really enjoyed the mytake, but some of the things you said just threw me off completely.

• @simplyaramdomgirl No one is up front about all their intentions right from the start. If they were, girls would start talking about weddings on the first or second date, which is ridiculous.

• Pamina
    I kinda agree with you.
    • Why's that?

• Pamina

Well, you're generally right about it takes two to tango and if not it's sexual assault. What you're not adressing is people being manipulated. Now, of course we're all responsible for ourselves. But we're also not perfect. *Especially* not when we're in love. Love makes people blind, weak, and vulnerable. And taking advantage of that can be seen as being used. This is especially true for young, inexperienced women.

• It sounds like you don't agree with me.

• struggleslice
    Very interesting take to read
  • Psycho21924
    Nice take
  • BillieJean1070
    I've never used anyone for sex.
    • Agent

I don't believe you.

• GayHowellMeme
    Fantastic myTake
  • CoffeeWC
    I like this take
  • CT_CD
    Great myTake
  • Krumpir
    You are rtrdd! ...