No, Strip Clubs Are Not That Great

No, Strip Clubs Are Not That Great

A few months ago I had the pleasure to visit a strip club in my area. I was feeling depressed from work so I thought a good lap dance might help me. However I left not feeling much better than when I went in. I'm just gonna say right off the bat strip clubs are not all that like rap and rock songs portray them to be. Here are a few reasons why I'm in no hurry to get back even though I'm a Heterosexual male.

1. Your wallet will get screwed faster than you will.

If you go to a strip club you better be well prepared to lose a lot. Most lap dances will cost you around $25 or more. Plus there the cover charge around 10 to 15 bucks plus drink prices, and you gotta tip the strippers. Plus god forbid you use the ATM which service fees are outrageous like about $10. Honestly its worse than a casino or a theme park.

2. The majority of the strippers are fake people whom you will never see again.

Yes when I went i got a few lapdances and a number and a facebook friend request from a stripper. However when I tried to text her a time or 2 she never replied. However i went back a second and last time she wasn't there anymore. They give a lot of attention while you are there and pay for a dance but the second the dance is over unless you want another then they forget. Plus honestly the girls most of them were not that awesome of dancers anyways. I have to admit one of the flat chested dancers was way better than one with huge boobs.

3. They are really seedy and shady. Plus most of the clientele were middle aged and senior men.

You would think a lot of guys my age would go to a strip club. Come to find out the dancers were actually closer to my age than the clientele were. The club was in a not very well lit part of town near a lot of quick marts and pawn shops. To me it just kinda felt odd.

4. Strip Clubs are actually gross on the inside.

The furniture and stuff does not get cleaned often and god knows where the couches in the VIP section have been or whats been on then.

Overall it was a two time experience but not one I would do again unless I was in a bigger city where its a nicer strip club . they are really over rated and not really worth the money in my opinion. I can get more use of a Season pass to my local big theme park and get more action than I could at a strip club. Plus it's a lot cheaper and the thrills last longer. Plus you dont have to worry about getting herpes from a roller coaster.

#stripclubssuck

1837
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• Another GAGer posted a myTake extolling the virtues of strip clubs and how much the ladies LOVE being there. Quite insulting person too. I’m glad to see someone post the reality version of strip clubs not the fantasy like he did

• What was the name of it

• It's actually true some ladies do enjoy that sort of work. Some yes, they do have a passion for it. It depends on the strip club and circumstances really. I met somebody who worked at my store and stripped on the side. I asked her about it, wondering how bad it can get. She flat out said she was OK with it, it brings income, and they have a VERY strict no touching rule. Very dependent on the club.

• Men who go to strip clubs have no character. They could be good people, clever, rich, creative, they could also be normal people and not necessarily losers and I have nothing against them personally, but don't even try to convince me that these men have character.

• I went when I was much younger. But I know it's all bullshit now -- I'd rather have the real thing.

• @heidiy Couldn't care less.

Most Helpful Guys

• I never saw the reason fro goin to strip clubs.. I mean what's the point.. I think like you said "movies" and "Hip hop/rock videos" glamorizes somethin that's not really that great.. I mean I definitely ain't spendin mah money on no woman that's not my fam, or girlfriend.. Maybe friends.. LOL..

• A bunch of lonely and depressed sex depraved men go to see a group of trashy naked women who can't barely stand up straight. That's what a strip club is. It's gross and ineffective.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 16

• 1. Is so true, they throw down all that money on cheap drinks and women who will most likely never give them the time of day, but will complain about paying for dates/dinner. It's ironic.

But anyway, I never been to one.. I just don't see the appeal really. I say save your money guys and spend it on something you'll really need.

• "They give a lot of attention while you are there and pay for a dance but the second the dance is over unless you want another then they forget. "

I mean, yea, she is there to earn money not make friends... :) It's all a business transaction. If you like the experience, you come back to have it again.

I agree with you, better times at an amusement park than a strip club.

• In general, strip clubs and hookers are not worth it. You spend money, you have the risk of contracting diseases, and you commit an immoral act, since it's paid sex, and those women often suffer and are being taken advantage of. Just sex and no love is worthless anyway. No need to go there, if you can get to know a woman who loves you and wants you. It's best to spend your resources and time on bettering yourself, rather than going there.

• Been to one a few times in my youth when single and with my gal pals and that was enough for me lol. Yes I have to say its not what its cracked up to be. Things people do outta boredom I suppose. Never expect to go there to make friends and wouldn't say the strippers are fake just trying to make that money, worse than salesmen lol.

• I just always instantly think of the music video "Girls, girls, girls" by Motley Crue! :P I never want to go to one and would be upset if my partner did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2XdmyBtCRQ

• It is created to humiliate people and to patronize them behind their backs but in their face, they laugh and applaud as if they like it while they are just busy to take away your virginity.

• well she is there to do her job and not to make friends honey
    and if you need someone to see frequently then you should be getting a girlfriend or just follow the stripper to whichever club she moves to and pay for her time

• Well the local club village is at least 50% "gentlemen's club" which is a classy way to say strip clubs. I've never been in one so I can't say what they look like inside.

• I've been to one for a bachelorette party. Even got a lap dance. Wasn't my scene.

• Lol I just saw a mytake next to this one called Why I'll Never Stop Visiting Strings Clubs

• I can’t think of a bigger waste of money

• I think you're looking for a girlfriend, not abe stripper

• Lmfao awesome take

• Not exactly news.

• Cool myTake

• ain't that the truth.

What Guys Said 35

• It's one thing to go to a strip club if you see it as (expensive) entertainment - like going to an expensive movie theater or live show. Because that's exactly what it is: entertainment.

But too many guys go to a strip club thinking that they're going to find a girl who likes him somehow. That's almost never going to happen - any more than going to see Rihanna in concert is likely to end up with you dating her. She's an ENTERTAINER, not someone looking for a boyfriend or fuck buddy. In fact, lots of strippers are in relationships already, and nearly all of them simply look at it as a job - and the job, make no mistake, is to separate the clients from as much of their money as possible while doing as little as possible to do so. The good ones do this by making it seem like they're interested in you - but that's just salesmanship on their part.

You aren't going to get a girlfriend at a strip club - and in all but the most seedy clubs, you aren't getting sex either. You're getting a TEASE - because that's what a strip club is there to provide: a TEASE. If you're expecting anything else, you're going to be disappointed.

Again, nothing wrong with adults going to them and having some fun - my current girl and several past ones loved going to strip clubs - but expecting something other than a tease (at a high monetary cost) is being very naive.

Even wealthy celebrities who can throw around tens of thousands of dollars rarely end up taking a stripper home (well, to their hotel), so you aren't going to do so with your $200. Be realistic.

• Perfect take and it just confirms my thoughts about strip clubs even more. I actually read a bit about the famed "red lights district" in Amsterdam. Ya know, in the city where prostitution and weed go together like Ernie and Bert. It seems it's a very similar experience to visitors there. In the end, it's a business. They are not there to make friends, they are there for money. If you don't like them, you are replaceable by somebody else and the long list after. Personally, I think it's better off just finding a relationship where your significant other voluntarily gives you a sort of lap dance. It's SOOO much better, it's more real, and ofc, there is no literal time limit. Though too, I am sincerely wondering when strippers and prostitution, along with disease, possible trouble with law, where the feeling is so fake and money draining, is going to take it's toll. What happens if every single one of those strippers are replaced with robots, yet nobody tells you. Would you see a difference? For strip clubs, ok, maybe it wouldn't work... but we all know for prostitution, it EASILY can. One can also argue free online porn can replace any and all shows at a strip club quite easily. Dancing, webcam, that sorta stuff, robots maybe can't do. However, when it comes to something like a lap dance and ESPECIALLY actual sex, robots are going to dominate. Just compare the amount of people preferring to go online to watch stripping or some sort of sexual show then to have to pay not only gas, bus ticket etc but to go into a strip club get drinks and then tip too. You say you saw mainly older guys. Not too surprising. Older people weren't as into the internet growing up as the current generation so I can bet that has plenty to do with it. All in all, robots for that sort of thing can be made quite easily and already are. The question is whether so much better access to it will cause more addiction or, hopefully, push sex in general as a more mundane activity so people don't obsess over it as much. Also, where will these sex workers go? The smarter ones are using their money to pay for education, and I'd say that's quite smart, because looks fade quick, knowledge, at least partially, is kept forever. Robots taking it over can be a great thing, as it's not much of a stable job and there are so many bad things that surround it, that relying on it fully for life is a bad idea. I don't know what jobs will come instead, but I hope they do.

• I hate strip clubs and I would never go to them. I'm not drawn to the women who are willing to do that. I'd not touch a stripper with a ten foot pole.

I have an active sex life with someone who is special to me. I've never had trouble getting dates (except for middle school and early high school) I don't really see why anyone would go to these places. Maybe they are desperate, I don't know.

That's just me though. Apparently lots of guys want this and apparently looks of women are willing to be sex workers. Even lots of women in serious relationships are ok with their guys taking a night to go pay other women to turn them on sexually. Strange but true.

I guess I'm too traditional. I just want to fall in love and marry and give my heart to one woman and I want to respect her. I like modest ladies, not one's who'll kiss me bye and then head off to the club to strip nude and flirt with guys all night, giving them the sight of her bouncing breasts, spread crotch and butt and giving them lap dances. That isn't an "exclusive" relationship to me. It's just disgusting and gross.

I'd never date a stripper and instantly break up with anyone who decided to take it up or has ever had the character ever in her life of being wiling to strip naked for complete strangers to get money. In my eyes she's a prostitute. Maybe just on the lower end, she prostitutes her time, attention and nude body without going further but she's giving out her body for money.

I wouldn't set foot in one of these places. I literally find every person there gross, men and women.

• You should try some Eastern European ones before you write them all off 😜

2nd from the left gave me a night to remember...

But yeah dude, no stripper is going to initiate contact outside of work lol. Unless you’re willing to buy her contract out completely or are such a stud that she cannot resist.

• *shrugs* sure, they are a waste of time/money... i have never payed a cover charge, but i've been through the doors... has happened a fee times, and my friends at the time payed for some shit to talk me into it.. when i am in a joint like that i pretty much treat it like a bar... i paid a girl to sit and talk with me one time.. it was pretty pleasant... about halfway through i asked her to lay her legs across me, but beyond that, it was a pretty normal conversation... she said that she wished we had met somewhere else, and i shared the sentiment... we didn't exchange info, but she sat with me until close... it's weird how alone i feel those places... it is somewhat uncomfortable, but a few drinks can make the time bearable... i can say that when they get off work, the girls can be kinda fun to party with... i never made a habit of that either, but i've had friends that did... seems kind of sad that people are so disconnected that businesses like that flourish... i am not in favor of outlawing them, but i wouldn't mind if they sort of faded into the past... there was also a girl i knew that liked to buy me drinks in a joint... i think that she assumed if i was drunk and horny enough that i'ld sleep with her (she'ld take me to her place to crash after, and would openly ask if i wanted to "fuck around")... i can think of no other reason for her to do it... she was really nice, but i absolutely couldn't stand some of the shit she would say in a group... i am pretty sure she resented me the last time i saw her, but i just never really knew exactly what to say to her about the situation... we had fun, but it was never what she expected it to be... maybe i shouldn't have done any of that... anyhow, yeah... strip clubs are stupid, and i should quit rambling...

• I am 27 now. When I was in my college years... I was a guy who never saw a naked woman (outside of the internet) and I was really horny, so I went to strip clubs a lot. Here what I can tell you:

I got scammed quite a bit. I remember a girl charged me $340 for sitting on my lap and talking to me for an hour. No lap dance. Just sitting on me and talking. Had to pay her too or bouncers were going to beat my ass.

Had another steal $100 right from my pants and she denied it, but said she would help me find my lost $100. I knew she had experience with pick pocketing because I was wearing tight pants that day and I didn't enough feel her reach into the front of my pocket.

Had 2 other women pull lap dance scams. They would tell me I owe them money for 5 songs instead of 4, for example.

Hell... I even had one ghetto stripper tell me I owed her $100 for 3 lap dances because she was hot from dancing on me. Had to do it too, or get my ass beat.

After those experiences, I stopped going to strip clubs. They are full of broken women, who also offer their "services" on the side and carry STDs as well. My friend got herpes from a dance before. SMH...

• Ugh. I never understood the appeal of these places. You walk in, get hustled to buy shots from the girls, get hustled even more for dances and walk out asking yourself how the hell you spent $150 in less than an hour.

If I'm going out with some friends I'd rather be able to socialize with people rather than being annoyed by a hustler. If you say no thanks to one girl, another pops up out of nowhere and starts giving you the gears.

• I have always viewed these places as dangerous and crawling with unsavoury characters. Some years ago a fight that had begun at a strip club in my area ended with the shooting death of at least one man.
    The strip club has since closed.

• Total waste of money, and it's been years since I went in one (and that was on a mate's stag do, and I had an interesting chat with one of the girls).

If I ever go again, it will probably be under mild duress.

• Never been to one but... Did you really expect anything else?

• I expected to be a little more sensual and crowded

• I get that
      I have been curious at times too
      I just don't really have any expectations of it being enjoyable
      I always assume it kinda like a dive bar with overpriced alcohol and stripping the latter I have seen in a different setting and it doesn't really do much for me I am not very keen on bars either and very much not into overpriced things...
      So my expectations always managed to overrule my curiosity

• Yeah its like movie theaters and theme parks with food except the theaters and theme parks have reasons whereas strip clubs dont

• Maybe i'm too young to understand but explain why would you want to pay for literally getting blue balls...

• Hey I was curious

• still think i'd rather pay for a hooker, but i get you. I do wanna go at least once just for the experience, luckily i live near Amsterdam :D

• Strip. clubs aren't my thing personally, but the experience is culturally opening.

Everyone should go to a strip club once, just for the experience.

• I’ve only been to a few and they’re not for me.

Regarding the money bit, you do realize that’s how they get paid right? I don’t like strip clubs either, but what do you expect?

• You haven't been to a good club. Not surprising, most in the United States suck. I doubt you would say this about clubs in Miami.

• What is the point of these strip clubs? I'm surprised they are still in business , with the widespread net porn.

• I guess you could say it's like listening to your favourite band on Youtube - it just won't be as good as going to see them play live.

• Thanks for the info! I figured they aren't as hyped up and worth it as many claim they are.

• Yeah a lap dance in Australia is $65-$150 bucks. A bear is seven bucks so I just drink rum and cola, you have to look at the place like a quick fix, with no strings attached, treat the girls like ladies buy them drinks and be polite they will like you. But they are working, they are not their looking for fiancee, so they will never tell you their real names, and don't ask for numbers because they probably gave you a police officers personal line. They are not going to be your friends, you are a business transaction, make sure you know it before you enter.

• Strip clubs are for men who dislike women but still want to see live tits and ass (and maybe pussy, depending on the jurisdiction).

• How fucking stupid are you? If they disliked women they'd go to a gay strip club you inbred hick.

• @heidiy, desperation isn't love. Love includes respect.

• Not everyone wants love. It's an occupation - not a Tinder meet-up. They want your money and the people who go there tend to give them money. And by 'love', I mean 'great admiration' for specific parts of the female anatomy.

• I've been to strip clubs all around the world.

I enjoy the company of the rather sexy women, be it only for the moment. :)

• Strippers are greedy!

• More from Guys
    15