Why "Jessica Jones" Might Be The Female Men Have Been Waiting For

I've recently endeavored to binge the entire MCU. Suprisingly, one of the most interesting projects that I found in the long AF slate was Jessica Jones, a show of relative inconsequence to larger, marvel cinematic universe.

1) Jessica Jones Likes To F***

Why

The most annoying one first, just to get it out of the way. Jessica Jones clearly likes to f*** and her choice of mate is no doubt a product a massive amounts of porn and sex throughout her life. She seems enamored with BBC, not to say she won't catch feelings for other men in season 2 and defenders (i haven't seen,) but she seems pretty nutty for D in season 1

2) Jessica Jones dominates other women with her "alphaness"

Why

Ironically, if a woman is too passively "female" men respect her less. Jessica Jones, though, dominates almost every interaction she has with other female characters mainly because she possess much more confidence and self assurance than they do. There's something sexy about a woman who can make other women look weak and second rate by comparison.

3) Jessica Jones is an "introvert"

Why

JJ is frequently annoyed by other people, including her best friends. She holds a lot in and she's hard to read. Many scenes or at least opening to scenes are of her just thinking about stuff. With so many girls vying to be the most extroverted, it's refreshing to see a girl embrace her introversion.

4) Jessica Jones Is Pretty Damn Skinny

Why

I personally believe the toothpick look with always work for women and is the most universally appealing look there is. JJ doesn't have curves, but that somehow is very attractive because she is just so damn skinny and in shape. She looks like she could model if she wasn't beating up guys constantly.

5) Jessica Jones Has a Code

Why

Despite being so dick hungry, Jessica Jones remains relative chaste and loyal to Luke Cage during S1. We don't see her desperate to hop into bed, providing an interesting nuance for someone who, at first, came off as so promiscuous.

6) Jessica Jones is not a victim

Why

Even though she was raped repeatedly for years, she doesn't seem to broken by it. She, instead, finds a strength, which ironically I'd argue men like in a woman despite claiming to like a woman who's "vulnerable." Strength in a woman provides a chase, can we get her to let her guard down after she's been through so much? Also, of course, and sadly, we don't feel as though we have to take on the burden of her rape because she's done her work to put it behind and rediscover any lost self estem.

1035
pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• I'm struggling to get through the Marvel Netflix shows because I want to watch them in order and I'm stuck on The Iron Fist. Long story short, it sucks. I've considered skipping straight to the Defenders several times, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

• But Iron Fist is the fifth installment in Marvel netflix.. LOL..

• 3d

Oh yeah I see that point.. Haha..

• Most women want to f*ck. At least those I know. And with the skinny thing, many men like skinny girls but most prefer slim to curvy girls. As one dude mentioned below, Black Widow/Scarlett J. would always win in this matter.

• She's a troubled, drug-addicted slut, like she looks like an extra out of Girl With a Dragon Tattoo. If that's your type then more power to you, but she's really not very attractive.

• 6d

yea looks wise i agree but i like her reckless abandon

• 6d

No, I think you like the fact that she prefers black guys.

• What your saying is that men like a 30+ woman who's an alcoholic with mental problems and PTSD who is violent, wears the same clothes all the time and rarely showers? Honey there are plenty of chicks like that out there.
    For whatever reason Hollywood now depicts female lead charcters with serious mental and substance abuse issues, usually it's bipolar. Honestly I think most guys would prefer wonder woman or supergirl.
    https://youtu.be/K4aeibd1Rrc

• I dont think mos men are looking for an alcoholic mate.

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 35

• 1) Yeah she likes to fuck not just because she is sexually liberated and enjoys sex, but because of the same reason she is an alcoholic. And reducing her partner to BBC just because Luke happens to be black is idiotic.

2) She is NOT Alpha she is a bitch. And she doesn't dominate anyone she just acts like a bitch. Who exactly respects her for her to be considerd alpha. Look at how she treats her own sister who gets out of her way to help her.

3) She is not an introvert she suffers from PTSD and hence isolated herself.

4) I also prefer slim figures, I use slim because for girls skinny has different meaning as in Vogue models.

5) Jessica has no code, she'd do anything to get what she wants. She is loyal true. She still blames herself for what she did to Luke's partner and the whole situation.

6) Yes and no, she is definitely not a victim. But she doesn't come across as a fighter. She still suffers from PTSD and is an alcoholic, and doesn't seem interested in getting any help. And she has locked everyone out of her life including her sister.

• Jessica Jones definitely doesn't have confident and reassurance.. She is just an a-hole who really ain't scare of many people.. In real life a woman or person like that would have few friends if any.. But we like her cause she's an interestin flawed protagonist.. All in all she is pretty, and she got a little somethin in the back if it ain't been noticed.. But she ain't the woman I been waitin for.. Unless you like mean, damaged, women who could throw down the block like a bug.. LOL..

• Personally, I think she's one of those girls who guys like only because the writer put on paper "And he likes her". I've never seen her in something where she came across as an interesting, attractive character. She plays a really good B character. Like the friend of the girl guys like.

• I've watched Jessica Jones. I'm actually a Marvel comic fan. However, when you get past Jessica's rough exterior, you will see that she actually has a good heart and is a good person.

Would I date her? Probably not. Lol. HOWEVER, I do think she would be a fun friends with benefits, as she seems pretty adventurous when it comes to sex XD!

• I like JJ, but somethings I disagree with.
    On 4, I like thick women, and being skinny is not a universal, dude. Only universal is HOTNESS!!

On 3: Did you see season 2? The girl is not an introvert, she is DAMAGED!! She lost her family in a crash, was experimented on and lost her boyfriend to violence, which turned out to be her mom's doing.
    Girl is fucked up!!!

On 1: All girls like to fuck, but fucking randoms like that means a chick has problems.

• More from Guys
    30