Why "Jessica Jones" Might Be The Female Men Have Been Waiting For

I've recently endeavored to binge the entire MCU. Suprisingly, one of the most interesting projects that I found in the long AF slate was Jessica Jones, a show of relative inconsequence to larger, marvel cinematic universe.

1) Jessica Jones Likes To F***

Why

The most annoying one first, just to get it out of the way. Jessica Jones clearly likes to f*** and her choice of mate is no doubt a product a massive amounts of porn and sex throughout her life. She seems enamored with BBC, not to say she won't catch feelings for other men in season 2 and defenders (i haven't seen,) but she seems pretty nutty for D in season 1

2) Jessica Jones dominates other women with her "alphaness"

Why

Ironically, if a woman is too passively "female" men respect her less. Jessica Jones, though, dominates almost every interaction she has with other female characters mainly because she possess much more confidence and self assurance than they do. There's something sexy about a woman who can make other women look weak and second rate by comparison.

3) Jessica Jones is an "introvert"

Why

JJ is frequently annoyed by other people, including her best friends. She holds a lot in and she's hard to read. Many scenes or at least opening to scenes are of her just thinking about stuff. With so many girls vying to be the most extroverted, it's refreshing to see a girl embrace her introversion.

4) Jessica Jones Is Pretty Damn Skinny

Why

I personally believe the toothpick look with always work for women and is the most universally appealing look there is. JJ doesn't have curves, but that somehow is very attractive because she is just so damn skinny and in shape. She looks like she could model if she wasn't beating up guys constantly.

5) Jessica Jones Has a Code

Why

Despite being so dick hungry, Jessica Jones remains relative chaste and loyal to Luke Cage during S1. We don't see her desperate to hop into bed, providing an interesting nuance for someone who, at first, came off as so promiscuous.

6) Jessica Jones is not a victim

Why

Even though she was raped repeatedly for years, she doesn't seem to broken by it. She, instead, finds a strength, which ironically I'd argue men like in a woman despite claiming to like a woman who's "vulnerable." Strength in a woman provides a chase, can we get her to let her guard down after she's been through so much? Also, of course, and sadly, we don't feel as though we have to take on the burden of her rape because she's done her work to put it behind and rediscover any lost self estem.

1036
pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm struggling to get through the Marvel Netflix shows because I want to watch them in order and I'm stuck on The Iron Fist. Long story short, it sucks. I've considered skipping straight to the Defenders several times, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

• But Iron Fist is the fifth installment in Marvel netflix.. LOL..

• Oh yeah I see that point.. Haha..

• What your saying is that men like a 30+ woman who's an alcoholic with mental problems and PTSD who is violent, wears the same clothes all the time and rarely showers? Honey there are plenty of chicks like that out there.
    For whatever reason Hollywood now depicts female lead charcters with serious mental and substance abuse issues, usually it's bipolar. Honestly I think most guys would prefer wonder woman or supergirl.
    https://youtu.be/K4aeibd1Rrc

Most Helpful Guys

• 1) Yeah she likes to fuck not just because she is sexually liberated and enjoys sex, but because of the same reason she is an alcoholic. And reducing her partner to BBC just because Luke happens to be black is idiotic.

2) She is NOT Alpha she is a bitch. And she doesn't dominate anyone she just acts like a bitch. Who exactly respects her for her to be considerd alpha. Look at how she treats her own sister who gets out of her way to help her.

3) She is not an introvert she suffers from PTSD and hence isolated herself.

4) I also prefer slim figures, I use slim because for girls skinny has different meaning as in Vogue models.

5) Jessica has no code, she'd do anything to get what she wants. She is loyal true. She still blames herself for what she did to Luke's partner and the whole situation.

6) Yes and no, she is definitely not a victim. But she doesn't come across as a fighter. She still suffers from PTSD and is an alcoholic, and doesn't seem interested in getting any help. And she has locked everyone out of her life including her sister.

• Well at first, without looking into it more. It's cool she liked sex, but at first, and seeing her sex scenes, most of her sex was with the same black and it was annoying at first considering she's a super hero and supposed to be quite strong. So her being submissive and ravaged like in such sex scenes made her like a typical woman and not a bad ass dominant woman. Until I saw from imdb who the character she was having sex with and it;s Luke Cage who is a super hero too and one of the strongest super heros, power man or something. So in that sense it works and fine for a super hero female to still be submissive if with a male super hero even stronger than her. Like Wonder woman being dominated by super man. I think it would make sense for her as a super hero only having sex with other ones, because if she's so strong a normal male human shouldn't be able to handle sex with her or she could easily break his tool.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 8

• Most women want to f*ck. At least those I know. And with the skinny thing, many men like skinny girls but most prefer slim to curvy girls. As one dude mentioned below, Black Widow/Scarlett J. would always win in this matter.

• She's a troubled, drug-addicted slut, like she looks like an extra out of Girl With a Dragon Tattoo. If that's your type then more power to you, but she's really not very attractive.

• Seeing these girls get all jealous and like "No im the one" If making me laugh so bloody hard!

• exactly! pointing out the ideal female makes them feel insecure so they get all pissy

• I dont think mos men are looking for an alcoholic mate.

• I don't care what men like, but Jessica Jones can dominate me any day.

• I thought you meant like, for being a superhero, that would go to Captain Marvel

• What a load of nonsense

• This is probably the worst and most useless take I have ever read on this website.

FYI, most women love to fuck, nothing new in that.

• exactly. all women like to fuck, they just don't "show it"

What Guys Said 34

• Jessica Jones definitely doesn't have confident and reassurance.. She is just an a-hole who really ain't scare of many people.. In real life a woman or person like that would have few friends if any.. But we like her cause she's an interestin flawed protagonist.. All in all she is pretty, and she got a little somethin in the back if it ain't been noticed.. But she ain't the woman I been waitin for.. Unless you like mean, damaged, women who could throw down the block like a bug.. LOL..

• Personally, I think she's one of those girls who guys like only because the writer put on paper "And he likes her". I've never seen her in something where she came across as an interesting, attractive character. She plays a really good B character. Like the friend of the girl guys like.

• I've watched Jessica Jones. I'm actually a Marvel comic fan. However, when you get past Jessica's rough exterior, you will see that she actually has a good heart and is a good person.

Would I date her? Probably not. Lol. HOWEVER, I do think she would be a fun friends with benefits, as she seems pretty adventurous when it comes to sex XD!

• I like JJ, but somethings I disagree with.
    On 4, I like thick women, and being skinny is not a universal, dude. Only universal is HOTNESS!!

On 3: Did you see season 2? The girl is not an introvert, she is DAMAGED!! She lost her family in a crash, was experimented on and lost her boyfriend to violence, which turned out to be her mom's doing.
    Girl is fucked up!!!

On 1: All girls like to fuck, but fucking randoms like that means a chick has problems.

• Apart from the fact she is very self destructive and acts so distant because she hasn't developed a better way of coping with the termoil of Kilgrave

She is very blunt and abrasive to a 't' not many men could handle that. Not referring to people being 'special snowflakes' but more broken people tend to attract other broken people

• These dudes at GaG are just straight weird. What would your disposition be like if you were raped for years?

• "alphaness" (this is when I should've stopped reading)

There's something sexy about a woman who can make other women look weak and second rate by comparison.
    (and this is why I regret not hearing my gut feeling)

• have you ever heard of Kim Possible?
    An actual feminine "superhero". The best thing about the show: the men are not all incompetent or horrible.
    Post-Sarkasian, every show or game with a female protagonist HAS to be anti-male.

• "Jessica Jones likes to f***"

As do the large majority of women - unless you're bad in bed.

• I like Jessica Jones but she isn't hot. Sorry. Booty call level babe at best. Black Widow from the avengers will always be what guys want.

• Jessica Jones sucks. The actress is hot, though.

... That's about it.

• yeap and just like all women who like to fuck she is also a rogued that drags drama everywhere she goes

• Well, I like her mostly because of her dominant attitude, and she looks kinda fit.

• I wonder how many David Tennant fans were pissed off when he was cast as Kilgrave.

• "Why "Jessica Jones" Might Be The Female Men Have Been Waiting For"

No.

• She looks like she is into all kinds of kinky sex. Where can I get the DVD?

• She's a superhero? Damn, this whole time I thought it was a show about a journalist chick..

• Nah, I couldn't even get through the first episode.

• Ads are getting smartee, kids!

• She looks like a well groomed crack whore.

• More from Guys
    14