Here's What Killed Relationships

Here's What Killed Relationships

Love and Relationships are dead. R.I.P!!!Modern Dating World

To understand what I mean, you gotta realize how dating has changed. The Dating Scene is a shadow of it's former self. People use app like Tinder and stuff, to just sleep with lots of people. People have "fuckbuddy" relationships where they use each other for sex. Relationships are avoided by young people. So in the Modern dating world, relationships are cancer to most people, and they would rather just have sex with FWBs and hookup all the time. Of course, Guys being biologically wired to sleep around, are going to take advantage of this, and they do contribute to the death of relationships, however, ultimately, most of the blame falls on girls. This is because women have all the power when it comes to sex. So if girls stopped engaging in hooking up and stuff, relationships would become a necessity again - this is why I feel that girls don't really want relationships as they have the power to put and end to hookup culture yet they allow it to thrive. And hey, there's nothing wrong with having sex, hooking up can be great I'm sure, but if it's destroying meaningful relationships, that's when it becomes a problem.

Birth Control

Birth control took the risk factor out of casual sex for women. It empowered women to have sex for fun. To have carefree sex just for their pleasure. It's not that women have "changed" in that they now want to have sex with lots of guys and sleep around and stuff. Women always wanted that but fear of pregnancy prevented them from doing it. Thanks to birth control, women have the same sexual power as guys and yes, they take full advantage of that. For every guy who is sleeping around and just wants sex, there is a girl just like him. Many girls just want sex and want to sleep around. Girls even encourage their friends to go get laid and stuff like that. Basically, when it comes to sex, Guys and Girls now treat it the exact same way - a fun commodity. Does that mean girls are bad and are whores? Of course not. It just means that thanks to birth control women now treat sex exactly like Guys do. And that's harmful to monogamy and relationships in general. This is because girls no longer save sex for marriage or even relationships, they no longer have anything to lose by hooking up with many guys and so that's what they do. The truth of the matter is that relationships are no longer needed to enjoy sex and that's why many young people don't want relationships anymore, why would they when they can have 4 fuckbuddies and be free to have lots and lots of sex, without having to put any effort in or having to commit to one person! So empowering women sexually is great sure, but relationships pay the price. Because if girls didn't do anything casual guys would be forced to date her to get sex and of course he would most likely fall for her in the process. Less casual sex would mean more meaningful relationships.

Religion

It's no secret that Religion is dying. Fast. Especially with young people. Many young people are Atheists and most young people aren't too Religious. Religion enforces sexual morals in people, and makes things like casual sex, sleeping around and porn "immoral" things. But now seen as no one cares about Religion and therefore morals, these things are just accepted and embraced. Thus, sex has absolutely no meaning and the human body is just a pleasurable piece of meat. Thanks to pornography, the female body is literally a sexual object to most young guys. I happen to think that is disgusting and girls deserve better but then again I think girls enjoy being sexual objects in guys' minds. After all, girls wear push up bras, yoga pants, revealing clothing to enforce sexual desire in guys. Girls post raunchy pics on Instagram to get likes and stuff - not to mention girls watch porn a lot and willingly do porn so maybe they also like the objectification of women. Anyways, sexual morals have been destroyed and sex is no longer seen as a special thing. So, as a result, young people spend their time fucking around rather than looking for love. This isn't really Girls fault but its a factor in the death of relationships, so I thought I would also include it.

Ambition

Thanks to Feminism, many girls want a good career. That's OK. However this affects dating. Many college girls are so busy with school and work, they don't have time for relationships. But they still want sex, as all humans do. So then they have casual sex with guys to fill that void. Nothing wrong with that but it also hurts monogamy and relationships overall.

That's about it. I hope this makes sense to you. It is a fact that relationships and dating are in a sorry state and there are reasons for that. I hope I have explained them well enough here. Girls are not perfect AT ALL. They're animals, just like men are. So guys are also to blame. So overall, both guys and girls act like wild animals these days, with no morals.The truth of the matter is that girls like sex...so why WOULDN'T they have lots of it? It's not their fault but it just so happens relationships and monogamy are hurt in the process but then again...maybe that's what girls want. Girls have all the power when it comes to sex and now we see how they choose to use that power - by having rampan casual, meaningless sex, like animals.

What do you think!?

And please no one get offended, especially girls. This is just my take on why relationships are dead/dying. If you think other reasons are also to blame, please share them! Thanks for reading!

3720

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 37

• 1.) Only 50,000,000 American citizens use Tindr (1/7 of U. S. population).
    2.) Women value quality over quantity in their sexual encounters. (Not all women will climax from penetration alone. Casual sex is oftentimes very one-sided, in that its mostly men that benefit)
    3.) More men sleep around than women (https://www. express. co. uk/life-style/life/931704/sex-men-women-average-number-sexual-partners)
    4.) Casual hook-ups between strangers do nothing more than temporarily satisfy a relentless yearning of feeling wanted. Meaning, people still value relationships, but simply refuse to put the time in making a relationship work. It's laziness and mental inadequacy, not casual sex, that is destroying relationships.
    5.) Religion is not destroying relationships.. nor is having an atheist background. Unfit parenting, however, could be partially responsible.
    6.) Girls wear push-up bras because it enhances the appearance of their breasts. Yoga pants enhance asses, but they're also extremely comfortable.
    7.) Pornography is fake-- those who partake in it are more than likely embarrassed and ashamed. How many of them do you think wished they would have went to college instead and did something more proactive? The problem is that its easy money. Nobody wants to put in the work to become successful. Corporate companies encourage this type of behavior so that they can profit.
    8.) Men are intimidated by women that pursue careers, which causes conflict in relationships.

• 8 ) No I am not.

• @bamesjond0069 this is ridiculous as hormones released by the brain are different in men and women and it has been scientifically proven appearence is less relavent to women then other factors opposed to male counterparts when it comes to mating.

• Most women sleep around A LOT. Fact.

• I've only been with one man in my life (my boyfriend and pretty soon will be future husband) and I'm an atheist. If you need a supreme being to know what's right and wrong, then wow I feel sorry for you.

• Well that's all well and swell but most people have no Religion or sexual morals. Go figure.

• I would date a girl like you. Too bad you are an extreme minority of women.

• well, while I agree partially to the statement, remember that the women were dominated since Adam and Eve (for those who believe in this version). Look into what struggle famous women had to go through to be recognized by their male peers (i. e. Marie Curie) They were denied education, were only needed for procreation and at the servitude of men. Even in 2018, there is no equality in sex and to my opinion, it will be another 100 years till society is that far.

Now emancipation has created havoc among the dominant males and their concept of society. Well, this is crumbling at fast pace. While I don't endorse the #MeToo movement 100%, it gives a strong sign that something must change in society.

The traditional family concept as we know it is fast disappearing. So why should the women in this world not fight for sexual equality & freedom and be in charge of their destiny?

It will be difficult if not possible for society to revert to old concepts as taught by our elders. Romans in the time of Pompeii cursed their offsprings for lacking respect for their elders. There is no turning back the clock. Accept change or die.

As for religion, it has always been (as far as Christianity is concerned) a way for the church to dictate its views and keep people ignorant by menacing them with all evils of the world.

In other words, you can be ambitious, have sexual encounters, believe in religion or whatever satisfies you as long as you are respectful and don't try to impose your views to others. Remember that it is not a crime to live the life the way it suits you as long you don't harm others in doing so

• I agree on most of that. Although men and women are equal nowadays, in fact, young women are more privileged than young guys.

So what you're saying is that girls WANT to kill relationships and just want casual sex with lots of guys. That makes sense as the modern dating world (just sex with dozens of people) was created by women and maintained by them.

So yeah, dating IS DEAD, thanks to women. I'm glad you agree but please do not make girls out to be helpless victims. They're more privileged than young guys and there are FACTS to prove that.

• if there is massive equality how do you explain say, rape statistics in india closely linked to female infanticide? like the man who killed the girl by burning her house down because he was enrarged he got dined $750 and had to do sit ups for raping her? rape equating to a fine and sit ups seems equal.

dont worry. i know you are an internet troll because no one is as dumb as you pretend to be. unless you are special needs, and then i sincerely apologize. because i do have a heart for special folks, and if so i encourage you to talk to a trusted adult about some of your thoughts for guidance. its ok if you are special and everyone needs an adults help sometimes... but im 99% sure you troll. regardless i enjoy your stupid arguments thus partake.

• @newbie2015 all I say is that women sleep around which is statistically proven. 60-80% of women have had casual sex and the average American woman has 6 casual sex encounters. See?

• I never told any guy that I was with before I got married that I was on birth control because I didn't want any of them to expect sex without a condom.
    Birth control helped me and my husband plan our babies and not have to use a condom.
    Why shouldn't a woman have a career, she is not on the planet just to please a man by constantly pushing out babies.
    I'm actually wearing a push up bra RN and I really don't give a toss about what others think.

• Did I say anything was wrong with birth control? No. Did I say women couldn't have jobs? No. An intelligent person (Feminists aren't intelligent so it's OK, don't feel bad) would be able to understand that.

All I said is that those two things have killed dating and made girls into men (in the way they treat sex). Deal with it.

• No, but they do make less than, say, a nurse, doctor or a scientist. And, it requires a lot more risk and manual labor.
      Depends on which feminists you are talking about—not all of us are the same, you know.

• @GeekyGirl16 Replace coal miner with Alaskan ice fisher, or ice trucker or oil rig worker, etc. I keep hearing not all feminists are the same and you can say that all you want however in a practical way, all feminists that are actively involved in government policy are the same. So those are the ones I am concerned about. And even though you all are not the same, most feminists even if they are differing still support those making government policy decisions. So basically you are all the same.

• what birth control did was make it so a woman could sleep with a guy like you accidently, but in 2 months, when she discovered your psychotic sexist posts on GAG, she could dump your ass without negative repercussions of being roped with pregnancy or unmatriagable! because no woman, no matter how pure, smart or wonderful, would ever want to be chained to a psycho like you!!! and the sad part is you might be awesome! but your negative, one sided posts really send off a BEWARE vibe! please seek help! i think once you get some you will find the world is a beautiful place again.

• OMG word for word 👍👍👍👍👍

• And by NO MEANS is the World a beautiful place... the fuck? It's a rotten cesspool of evil and corruption.

• where you alone live is a rotten cesspool of evil and corruption, and that isn't a geographic location, rather a state of mind.

• Um, exactly how does most of the blame fall on girls? How about guys and girls learn to be held accountable for their actions?

• Because girls have all the power when it comes to sex and they use that power to act like wild animals.

• Girl do not have all the power when it comes to sex. People need to stop making excuses and stop shifting the blame.

• Yeah, yeah, you can't get a date, and it's all society's fault. Heard it all before.

• Wow what a completely ridiculous assumption. No one even dates anymore lol. By "date" you mean a girl asks me to go to her house and fuck her - literally. That's all I am trying to say.

• It's not a crime at all. Girls are hoes - big deal.

Dating has died because of it. It's a good excuse to turn into a fuckboy and use girls so in no way am I upset.

• The fiends! Truly, yours is the greatest tragedy of all. Ne'er has a man suffered as you have suffered.

• I believe that both genders contributed to the death of relationships. With all this Tinder and whatever stupid app, people of both genders can easily swipe left or right and get a one night stand or booty call. You can't generalize all women. I am 31 and I feel that I am too old and don't fit in with the current modern dating scene. I'm not into meaningless sexual encounters/hookup culture crap. I have to have an emotional connection with a man before I can even have sex and enjoy it. As for birth control, I think that for some women it may have made them feel like they have a free pass to engage in nsa sex more freely. However some of us go on it for medical reasons like endometriosis. I did not suddenly become some promiscuous harlet because of it. Believe me, I wish dating was like how it was before the whole hookup culture bs/modern dating came about. The whole dinner, movie, and getting to know each other, taking things slow was/is far more appealing than just jumping straight in bed with a stranger. I don't care if my opinion is unpopular or not. I'm old-fashioned in some ways.

• I think this is a millienial thing because I’m older and fell the same way.

• "Many college girls are so busy with school and work, they don't have time for relationships."
    True. Unlike guys, we cannot multi-task. It's always the one or the other.

• I guess you are being sarcastic? I guess you are but college girls are known for sleeping around so.

• Yes, and guys are known for being pros at multi-tasking. You juggle everything with ease while we struggle. I'm very sorry that we are so inept, but it's in our DNA.

• Okay okay. women are wrong.

• I respect your opinion. Enjoy being single for the rest of your life since that's what you want.

• Sex isn’t the only thing that makes a guy keep wanting to see a girl. There are other things that he may like about her. That’s just what I’ve heard anyway... not saying that that’s my personal experience...

• Very subjective and not true. I'm in a relationship. the Pill and feminism didn't stop that. It stopped me being treated like chattel.

• Religion and Ambition did not ruin anything.
    Birth Control and Feminism did tho.

• Self hate, Emptyness and too much unatainable desires killed relationships.

• OMG I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GIRLS SUCK I HATE BEING A GIRL THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS I'M PROMISCUOUS AND A MAN EATER OH MY!

• I still don’t understand how you know all this stuff about girls

• So what do you think should be done to improve the situation here?

• Nothing. Girls just want to have lots of sex and no one can change that.

• I disagree. You met a couple of bad apples and you think all girls are like that.

• So it's all women's fault... Ok, incel.

• They're not dead. They're just not genuine

• More from Girls
    17

What Guys Said 20

• Yet another example of Chicken Little on GaG.
    A case of "This happened to me, therefore X must suck/be dead".
    I swear, if I had a dollar for every post where the Asker is wallowing in misery - which, if you read the posts, are almost always of their own making - I'd be able to afford a trip to Mars.

• 1. The first birth control methods appeared somewhere around 1500 BC, and Im fairly certian there were plenty of functional relationships after that
    2. Anybody who needs religion to act a certain way, is a fucking idiot
    3. It is possible to have a career and a functional relationship, if you want to. The issue is most girls nowadays don't.

So no, I definitely don't agree and don't think these things have anything to do with the destruction of traditional relationships and values

• You even said most girls "don't". Exactly. They would rather have money, power and lots of casual sex... rather than a meaningful, serious relationships. I rest my case.

• You stated they "don't have time for developing relationships", which is simply not true. Time can be found, but they were raised as whores, and even if they had all time in the world, they would be incapable of being anything more...

• @LonelyGuy87
    From what you said above and your replies I have things to ask and say.

Prove that there are no women who want a relationship.
    Prove that all college women sleep around.
    Prove that guys have nothing to do with you thinking that relationships are dead.

• I never said "no" women wanted relationships but most don't. My proof is the existence of the 'hookup culture'.

As for the 'college girl' thing - that's from word of mouth. So many people say how wild and promiscuous college girls are.

• Relationships died in part because of a paradigm shift and partly because of priorities. The paradigm shift occurred when birth control became a thing--not because women have lots of casual sex and be equal to men (although I bet a lot of women, especially feminist women, would happily proclaim that very thing), but because they can effectively postpone pregnancy indefinitely or until they don't feel like it. Thing is, even for the women who want to be mothers, very few would willingly participate in the act of child rearing if they were given a checklist of all the hours of pain and suffering they would thereby endure and told to sign their name on the dotted line like "yup, I'm ready to be hormonal and a fucking mess for next 9 months". I mean, show the me the woman who would actually sign that contract with a smile and I'll show you a bed at the nearest mental hospital that needs filling.

The existence of birth control has the unintended side effect of creating a modus operandi: women who knowingly sleep around AND have a baby anyway are seen as cancerous leeches, because they have literally no excuse to get pregnant when they don't want to be, so they choose to father a baby outside of a healthy relationship.. and then we wonder why some people are so screwed up in the head.

The other element of relationships collapsing is because of shifting priorities, aka the cultural zeitgeist of "Netflix and Chill", predicated on the idea that if you're not receiving instant or quick satisfaction and validation from an action, then there is further point in engaging with said reaction. Guys have learned, through being with enough women or by proxy of other men, that they don't need to put in any effort to get what they want, so they put in as little as possible... and women have collectively decided that this is okay, because otherwise casual hookups wouldn't be a thing. What all of this infers is that we'd rather get emotionless, no-strings-attached satisfaction right now than actually build something long-term. Because commitment is hard and this generation has an aversion to hardship*. It also comes down the fact that women bring less to the table than ever before (while also trying to be men in virtually every domain of society), so men are increasingly finding no value in dating them and also being told they are unwanted.

And don't even get me started on PoundMeToo...

*P. S. Just for the record, I am complicit in acting as such; I'm not blameless

• Selfishness is what kills relationships of all kinds and in fact causes most of the problems we face.

• You could be right but romance between 2 people will never die. Yes things have changed but its only because people just want sex ,, there is still the relationship between 2 people, that will not go away. It does not make me happy the way they react with each other but sadly that is life now ….

• Women have done more damage to the state of relationships than men.

• Are you saying all people use tinder? Are you saying all girls use birth control? And what's wrong with religion dying? It's just made up by people. Belief and religion are 2 different things. I can believe in God without following any of the religion traditions. You can believe in your God how you want to believe him. Gotta be rational. Why don't you go out some more and leave your comfort zone? The world is actually a wonderful place. No wonder why you're so lonely and you're brainwashing people with your one sided act. Love and relationships aren't dead. It's just people like you bringing up the cons to it without bringing up the benefits.

• You are exactly on point. I wish to be in a serious relationship but there are mostly only sluts so I basically just bang around with 3-4 girls at a time. Would love to be in a serious monogamous relationship though.

• What does a guy consider a slut? I’ve only been with two guys, one was a serious boyfriend. Otherwise I’m celibate. This one guy says he wants a girlfriend but also tells me he wants sex. I told him about my summer hookup and he’s been weird since. Do you think he thinks I’m a whore? Even though I’ve only been with two guys. And I’m sure he slept with a few over the summer.

• @Answermyquestions31 How did you sleep with only 2 guys but also have a summer hookup? Was one serious and one a hookup? That's a lower number so personally I would overlook one hookup out of 2 partners. But typically if a girl has been involved in hook up culture at all I am not going to be serious with her.

• Making it short here: Maybe sex should not be and should never have been the defining characteristic of a relationship. People who are in relationships for sex tend to be harmful for each other and rarely even try to fully explore each other and their relationship. I sincerely hope the relationship based on sex as a commodity does die out and people start talking to each other instead of just trying to dismantle the safeguards on each others genitals and bank-accounts and in the process failing to avoid getting to know each other.

• 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Well, I can only agree with the hook-up culture argument. No man with any sense of self respect wants a hoe, who banged every 5. th guy she met.

• Hoes be downvoting me.
      I don't want any hoes.
      These hoes ain't loyal⚠

• ... How did this get promoted?

• Sluts and rabid atheists under the line
    ------------------------------------------------------------

• Nope. Feminism killed it. Women want to much from men these days.

• too much in what way?

• @Reach500 They want Mr. Perfect. They reject men for stupid, simple reasons.

-Oh, he doesn't sound manly enough? Rejected.

-Oh, he's not 6 feet or taller? Rejected.

-Oh, he has a nerdy hobby (for example, he likes anime or cartoons)? Rejected.

-Oh, he doesn't know how to cook that well? Rejected.

There are a lot of examples. These are things men go through with women every day. The cooking thing is actually funny. My friend was dating this girl and tried to cook her something and she didn't like it. She told her best female friend about what he made and how it tasted and her female friend told her to leave the man because he sucks at cooking. She asked, "why the hell are still with him after he cooked that?" She didn't leave him, but you see my point?

Women will reject a man for small things and small flaws. In a relationship, you should respect your partner's flaws, but women are unwilling to do that when going on dates, so they stay single.

• I do not presume to understand women. Men and women will never understand each other all that well, and perhaps we aren't meant to. I don't know much about "the dating scene" these days or the challenges involved. But I do know that women, like us, are ultimately individuals who need time and experience to figure out what kind of relationship they want--as opposed to the kinds of relationships our friends, family, and social media tell us we should want. I think that once we stop worrying about those things, it gets a little easier.

• 3d

1. Except studies have shown that millennials are having less sex partners then their parents and grandparents
    time.com/3852117/millennials-sex-parents-boomers/

Also women still would prefer to be in a relationship and have sex with someone they are attached to vs some random guy

2 & 3. No, most young people aren't atheists. There are many that are agnostic, but its not the majority, and there's even less people that are down right Atheist.

Also women having more sexual and more professional freedom is killing relationships? lol. There is a correlation with higher divorce rate with more freedom given to women, particularly in western society.. But better living in a patriarchal society.

• True you forgot about porn and its influence on wommen and relationships

• I think you might be on to something here... :)

• Good job! You nailed it!

• Why bother with a relationship when it’s basically a consensual form of slavery for men