Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

Intro:

Recently I asked the guys on this site a question about where they draw the lines when it comes to their significant others attire in public. Or at what point do things become too revealing if you will. Here's the question below if you don't already know:

Guys, how revealing would you be okay with your SO being in public?

I got a lot of really interesting responses and it inspired me to not only give mine but it explain my reasons why a bit more and touch on some peoples points through a myTake.

That being said, as always enjoy or not. Both are welcomed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. It's Not Always About Wanting To Attract Someone, It's Cliche, But True (Hear Me Out):

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

I say this from my personal experience that when I dress up a lot of the time it genuinely is because it makes me feel happy and proud of my body. That's how I've been all my life as well. As a young girl, I always wore clothes that were more "freeing." Like shorts, tank tops, skirts and etc.

It made me feel less bound up if that makes sense. And I liked my body a lot actually, I was the girl who took a long time in the bathroom but it wasn't because I was applying makeup. I just liked playing with my hair, touching my face, and looking at myself. I dressed up because it was fun and made me feel good. It made me feel alive and in awe.

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

And I was like that with other people too. I was enchanted by how peoples bodies looked, felt, and moved. If you ever met my parents they'd tell you that as a girl I loved giving massages and rubbing peoples heads. I played with peoples ears, arms, faces, and hair. I'm telling you I was a weird kid but I really am just a body freak. I like how it's made, I love everything about it. Even the weird creepy stuff. I think it's beautiful lol.

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

It wasn't until my parents enlightened me on how people see things and how the world works that I had begun to close myself off. I felt I'd be seen as gross or a slut if not covered and the perfect version of modesty. But as I not only got older and began this quest for a healthy life/mind. I began to understand that it's okay to express myself through my clothes just as I do with my actions. Now, of course, I make sure I mind my environments. There are times and places for everything, even clothing. But when there is a place where I'm able to dress how I want I'm doing it because feels liberating and I'm coming from up underwater and I can breathe.

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

Now I'm not oblivious, I know there will be stares sometimes, but that's something I'm okay with. I'm not really doing it for them. And I'm aware there are creeps out there but that's why I have self-defense and I don't go places normally out the way lol. Plus, I mean I have my boyfriend by my side too.

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

2. Sometimes It Just Feels Nice To Dress This Way For Your SO

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

For me, there are also a lot of times that I'm dressing up for my SO as well. I think it's nice to keep things fresh and new every now and again and it's always nice when he compliments my looks. Especially when we're going to special places and doing nice things. It makes me feel like I'm flying when we're both getting ready in our best clothes and teasing each other.

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

Stuff like that makes good memories to me, and when we go out It makes me feel even more worthy to be by his side.

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

To me he's amazing and it doesn't get any better, so to be this woman with not only desirable traits but looks makes me feel like I'm a good pick. I want him to feel like he's floating too and I'm that I'm as attractive and amazing as he is to me. And of course that he's secure in the fact that we're a team, my loyalty is his and I don't want to be by anyone else's side.

I think because my boyfriend trusts me so much he is okay with it as well because he knows my heart and intent. And he trusts my overall decisions on appropriate attire.

3. It Can Inspire Confidence Sometimes

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

I say this because it did and does for me. As well as many other women in my life. Despite how I feel about my mother in particular. Growing up and seeing her get dressed up made me actually respect her more. I thought she was a total badass because she was not only elegant and modest in her behavior but also wasn't afraid to be sexually expressive.

Why I'm Okay With Revealing Clothes...

And I find it extremely alluring to be this way because I think there is nothing more amazing than a woman who knows what she brings to the table in all aspects. It's okay to not only show off your intelligence but your appearance. I'm not condoning going outside completely naked or anything but I think clothes that highlight curves and etc are good. It all just depends on the woman, you know? Most of all though, respect yourself no matter what you choose to wear. And yeah-

And that's all I have to say, for now, I'm tired lol so sorry if I'm missing stuff but if you have questions just ask and I'll answer

2756
CherryRoseChampange is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• The problem I have with this mytake is that there seems to be an assumption that you can only look gorgeous or stunning by wearing revealing clothes.

For example take your whole point number 2. Literally none of the things you said there are exclusive to revealing clothing, you could dress nicely without wearing anything revealing and still feel the exact same way. So if the only way you can feel attractive or that you're "worthy to be at his side" is by dressing revealingly then that shows you have some serious issues with your self esteem.

• I'm explaining why I'm okay with wearing it. I'm not saying my points couldn't apply to not wearing revealing clothes. But that's not my key point here. I'm showing that both are fine. Plus, I don't wear it all the time and I definitely don't just feel this way wearing revealing clothes. I feel this way when i'm wearing stuff I like wearing in general. And my self-esteem is fine. I'm pretty sure you misunderstood what I was saying and made it more complicated then it is. Thus, missing my point entirely. Feeling worthy doesn't come from clothes either, it was a small part to a big picture thing.

• Sir, that is the point, I'm saying it's okay because of the lack of difference in it. People make it a problem i'm showing that it's totally fine just like normal clothes. You're literally saying my point over and over. And I told you, the way i dress is a small part that makes up the big picture of self-worth. It's an expression of it. It's not the core, it's one the waves emitted from it. Again, I'm not assuming you literally are missing the point because you're saying it back to me like this "aha" kind of thing. You're like disagreeing with me with the point i'm making

• Lol that's not how it works at all, just because two different actions have a single same result doesn't mean they are comparable.

For example photoshopping your pics on a dating app to look thinner or actually losing the weight both have the same result of you being more confident when chatting with strangers and getting more matches in general. So by your logic you could say that photoshopping is ok because of the "lack of difference in it".

We both know that there are a lot of differences between dressing decently compared to dressing provocatively. My point was that you can't really defend a more extreme action when all of the points you are making can be obtained with a more a moderate action. You should have instead focused on the points that are exclusive to dressing revealingly, and when they are appropriate.

• You basically addressed the ONLY issue i have with dressing skimpy and acknowledging it.

"Now, of course, I make sure I mind my environments. There are times and places for everything, even clothing. But when there is a place where I'm able to dress how I want I'm doing it because feels liberating and I'm coming from up underwater and I can breathe."

For that you have my approval.

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree in the sense i absolutely love the feeling of my skin being free. Like I love wearing tank tops and very short shorts (although flowy shorts) not for anyone else, but for myself, because i love wearing them even when im home alone.
    But im a big believer in "there's a time and place" for anything more exposing than that. I guess I'm a bit conservative that way.

So if i see a chick going out with a full crop top and her ass cheeks hanging out in like family friendly settings, im gonna judge. However, I respect your opinion in that im not gonna come up to you and be a pain in the ass and be foul. That's just uncalled for.

• I think you just agreed with me fully because I said that in mytake lmao

• Yes, I do fully support your reasoning :) I think you're a bit more daring than me though from what I've seen in the comments you've replied to, so i may or may not judge some of those outfits, but i dont know you so i could be wrong. On a side note, i love (from what i understood in the replies in the comments) the understanding nature and compromises you & your boyfriend have :) Wish you both the best of luck x

• There's nothing wrong with clothes but, unfortunately, we live in a society where a lot of guys don't need a lot of encouragement when it comes to viewing women as sex objects, thinking the woman "wants him", etc. Then if we're not wearing clothes to attract a man, advertise we want to have sex with him, etc., a lot of men get ticked off, call us a tease, and too often, try to have sex with us even if we tell him we don't want it. As it says in the book "Are Men the Weaker Sex?", too many guys aren't strong enough to control their actions (if no one's around) and too many women get sexually assaulted.
    I know it isn't right, we should be allowed to wear what we want, but we live in a world where sometimes it's not the best idea to wear revealing clothes (at least in public. I make up for it in private - the sexier, the better - especially for my man). :)

• Which I'm totally aware of, I'm pretty good with defending myself for one. I never go places out the way and if they are a bit risky I'm always with several people at my side. and I carry protection. It all is unfortunate though.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 54

• I don't have a problem with revealing clothing, but I do have trust issues that could make it hard for me to be with a partner who constantly wore revealing clothing, I think I'd wonder about their motives too much, even if she assured me it wasn't to attract people/attention like that.

• I can see that, honestly, despite my reasoning, I actually work for a bunch and when we do go out its casual places mostly so I'm dressed normally. Revealing are just the special times we go somewhere that allows it.

• Yeah, I'd be fine with dating someone who wore more revealing clothes like that. I just know I'd get suspicious if a hypothetical girlfriend wore clothes like that all the time, especially if she wore revealing outfits around when she was alone/I wasn't with her.

• All what your doing and saying is just justifying your actions, you wanna wear revealing clothes, no one is stopping you, it's your choice but don't write a journal justifying that it's OK cause it's NOT ok at all...

Still i'm going to give you the same answer that i gave you to your question...

To me it's not acceptable... period.

I respect your point of view cause people are different from each other...

Have a nice day!

• You too, haha we just agree to disagree is all lol

• I meant, I agree with you... kinda. You lost me at "she's [only] mine"

• @mykindofwoman yes she's only mine, when it comes to showing her body, i'm the only man who can see her private parts...

Also wearing decent clothes makes her have a good reputation...

• I guess it's up to the SO as well?
    Cuz some guys like myself don't like creeps staring at her, her "goodies" should be for my eyes only as a part of shared exclusivity between me and her
    But hey some guys are okay with it, I don't know what that tells about the person but I don't think I care haha

But what would you do if your boyfriend didn't feel well towards that idea?
    If he didn't tell you not to, but he seemed pretty annoyed/sad about it
    What would you do?

• Well, my boyfriend and I talked about it before. He isn't opposed to some of my revealing clothes but some stuff that is like SUPER revealing I can only wear at home. Which I was okay with because that was reasonable. Now if he wanted me to dress like a certain way full on I'd have problems and we probably wouldn't work out. His main thing for me is am I being practical with my attire.

• Oh as long as you're both fine with it then I guess why not? :3
      Thanks for the info 😄 have a good day/night and I hope y'all stay together forever 😍

• Thank you! You as well!

• I'm not a fan of that. That's more of a private thing to please your husband not to show to much in public

• What you're doing doesn't seem all that unusual. Everyone has some kind of behavior that is not accepted in public. As you said you mind your environments. This seems as healthy and well rounded as anyone can be expected to be.

• Finally, someone with a brain cell count higher than 1.

• Anyone who knows anything about human beings knows we have a multitude of various things we like that don't mesh with society. You did say you keep it to your self unless you're in a place where it's accepted. I don't know what else a person could do beyond that.

• As far as relationships go, the main thing is to just go for compatible mates. If one mate is sort of an exhibitionist who is ok with and it is their goal to go out with cleavage hanging out, bare back clothes, thongs, short, short skirts who knowingly shares the intimate views of her body and lets all the guys in the world see pretty much all of her all the time and you have another mate who views that is kind of an intimate thing that should just be shared within the couple than it is best for those two to not be in a relationship together.

Even if they like each other they should be wise to realize this core difference between themselves and acknowledge they are going to be annoyed with each other and fighting a lot about this and they'll never see eye to eye and that they should go their separate ways because they aren't a compatible match.

The only issues a couple would ever encounter is if they are an incompatible match in this regard.

Modest, private, revealing yourself physically is a "special" thing people and exhibitionists who want all the men/women to see all they got and get turned on every time they go out people aren't a match. They'll always argue and make each other sick.

• Wanting to attract someone and wanting to be proud of your body are pretty similar (unless you have found some miraculous reason to be proud of your body that isn't based on its ability to attract a mate). It's just semantics that you don't wish to cash in that attraction for an encounter on a given day.

e. g. a man with a flashy car isn't trying to attract someone every time he drives in it however he is proud of it because of its ability to attract people.

• Not always, when I say I'm proud of my body It's not really about its ability to attract. I mean that's probably a benefit or something but it's not really where my proud feeling comes from. I really just feel comfortable with it and I enjoy the fact that I can express that.

• So where does this proud feeling come from?
      I'm not suggesting this desire to attract is conscious by the way. Back to my car analogy if you ask the guy why he drives it he might say he likes to feel the power of the engine (that enjoyment is a subconscious expression of the desire to attract a mate by displaying control of something powerful)

• By far, the most constructive, clear and well explained comment / post I have ever seen on G@G! I dont agree with 100% of it, but man I wish there were more quality content on this app... Thank you very much! :-)

• This was interesting to read. It sounds like you have a really healthy relationship with your own body. Have you ever gone to a nude beach or nude resort or club? Would you ever consider doing that? Obviously those are places where it's appropriate to be nude and it's socially acceptable.

• As long as the intent of wearing revealing clothing isn't obviously demeaning towards you in some way, it should be fine. I would like a balance, though - like not JUST wearing revealing clothing all the time. There are other nice clothing options as well.

• Not sure what to say. You go girl! Amazing take. Dress to knock em out, and carry pepper spray in your purse to make sure they go down.

• Just my opinion, I would love a woman that liked showing off her body. I would give her my full support to dress as revealign as she wants. It's hot. It's sexy and a huge turn on to me to be with her. I'd love to see the looks she gets and even encourage her to flash and tease total strangers in the most suttle, yet obvious ways.

• How would you react if your guy asked you to weawear something really revealing, maybe a little more than your used to?

• Revealing clothes = sex mode in men brain. And this is pure nature, or in other words "basic instinct" if you know what I mean.

• Nice! .. but do remember how the world works. People will assume.

• I have a double standard of sorts. I believe boobs (or part boobs) can be for public display under suitable circumstances, but not church or work. My condition is that she be moderate sized and anything from flat to "high B". Bigger tends to look sloppy or slutty to me.
    As far as down below is concerned, however short her shorts are, they should not offer a glimpse of lip or a lot of cheek. That exceeds acceptable modesty..

• I find that it's easier to appreciate your body when you spend more time naked. Like you just come to accept it for what it is, and that's a really beautiful feeling.

• I agree with everything you say - My only quibble is the occasion - I would most likely say something was inappropriate for something rather than that is slutty (a word I hate) etc.

• I have no issue with revealing clothes when you have the appropriate body for them. If the clothes suit you, fit well and look good on you then wear whatever you like.

• I have no issues with more revealing clothing. I endorse it. Just make sure it's in appropriate areas, i. e don't wear lingerie to church. The pastor won't be able to concentrate. lol

• Wear whatever you want I don’t give a fuck, i don’t know why some people care what others wear but I like to wear stuff to offend those people most of all because it’s funny lol

• Show more from Guys
    34

What Girls Said 25

• Well, why aren’t you condoning going out totally naked? All of your arguments would apply equally well. I guess I just don’t think you’re giving your reason for dressing in a revealing manner. You’re just telling us what inspires your style. I could actually use the same arguments to justify dressing modestly. It’s freeing and gives confidence (it does this for me;I used to be unable to make eye contact with people walking down the street or in a grocery line) I really like the way it looks and it makes me feel feminine. All children are awed at how their parents dress. Girls want to look like their mommy and little boys want to look like their daddy. I got into reading to be like my dad, for example.
    But here’s the thing, and I’m not saying you’re wrong per say, I have practical reasons that I value dressing modestly. Some apply to most and some apply to few, but they are solid objective reasons.
    Do you have a line you don’t cross? What is your tip off that the line is approaching. What is the objective standard that spans all circumstances and what reasons do you have for drawing it there, because doing something because it makes you feel comfortable is a reasonable idea, but then you couldn’t criticize nudists strolling down the road. Because that standard would also allow them that.

• I'm not coding it because people are in different areas so it's can be illegal haha. But I mean if your in a place that allows that where you won't get arrested then, by all means, do what you feel. I never been critical of nudists. Like at all lol. But of course I do draw lines, I like to be pratical with my clothes at the very least.

• Okay girls I'm going to call B's on number one the reason we as girls dress revealing is because I wanna get FUCKED. I hate when girls are like. I dress for me. No we dress because we want attention.

At least all the girls I know as soon as I get a boyfriend skimpy clothes are a big no no showing my body when single is one thing but when I got a man it's all for him and no one else

• And that's perfectly fine that's why I have words like "SOMETIMES," "NOT ALWAYS" "IT CAN." I don't hate women like you, but my reasons are allowed to be different than yours and so are other women. There is no need to shame either reason for dressing how you feel.

• @SngBirdy I understand what you're saying but that's not exactly the case. Not everyone thinks I look good, I'm sure there are people who think I'm ugly, slutty, and etc. People can think a wide variety of things. And when I got to places like the gym I really am going to be healthy and fit. I want to live long lol. Fuck everyone else in these situations because at the end of the day I have to be happy and content with my life and choices you know? Peoples inner feelings affect me only in practical situations, like if they have valid points. But I see what you mean.

• I mean I'm not sharing anyone but revealing clothes where made to attract men and so was make up so yeah. You still do it because you wanna have men attracted to you even if it's subconscious and your brain looks for an excuse

• "It's Not Always About Wanting To Attract Someone" You may not wanna wear it for attention but others have no idea what you wore it for, they WILL give you attention if you wear something too loud in public. Some girls like skimpy clothes for the comfort and light feeling it gives, some wear it to show off their bodies. How can YOU tell who wore it for what?

"Sometimes It Just Feels Nice To Dress This Way For Your SO" 100% agree with that. But I wouldn't want OTHER men to see me that way. So yes I'd wear them but NOT in public. If we go on a date outdoors I can wear modest clothes and still look beautiful to him. Plus he would know how I look naked so would he even care if I'm covered on a date outside?

I have nothing against others wearing whatever they want. Heck, only wear underwear outside I don't care. But I recommend every girl to at least cover enough to not draw too much attention and end up becoming too vulnerable to people outside. It depends from place to place. In some places you can walk naked, in others you can't step out without burkha. In any condition, STAY SAFE PLEASE.

• 1. I addressed your concerns in my passage lol.

2. I'm aware of that, and I think for me it depends on the level of the reveal. If it's a lot, of course, I'd wear it indoors. I wouldn't walk outside nearly bare ass. Some things are appropriate nowhere.

3. You repeated every point i said basically.

• That's cool then.

• Interesting take, personally I don't like to wear revealing clothes. I like being invisible so to speak, on top that it's just not me. I do like it when others are confident and love to wear such clothing, especially if they aren't doing it just for attention

• Women wear revealing clothes in public because they like teasing and saying, look what I got boy and saying you can look but you better not touch. Some friend said once to a girl who dressed like a cheap hooker " How much do you charge for sex?" She replied that she was not a hooker to which he said "Then stop advertising."

• I get lots of smiles out of my man. And, his smiles are so adorable. :)

• Great take, revealing clothing makes me feel sexy in my own body. although if my s/o wanted to me cover up i don’t know how i would feel about it. i guess it would be depending on what i’m wearing and how i feel.

• Bc if you have the body, the personality, the attraction, the self - esteem, the mind of you know what you want in life, and you work hard at how you want to be who you really are and not fake... then ya!! I know i would reveal what i got to show others if i can do it so can you! But also, it feel damn sweet when i get compliments of me and my personality and i am not stuck up girl but sweet and nice and yes i can be serious too but in general a cool woman. My own opinion no one needs to agree with me.

• Thanks for writing this :)

It's pretty much exactly where I stand, too.

• I am too, although I won't wear them myself but I could careless if other people do.

• Yes girl yes... .

• I tried calling u

• Yeah I didn't get the call what the hell? I'm gonna see what's up with my phone. It's super trash

• My one chance to post a slutty photo without question and I missed it

• i disagree on some parts

• I feel pretty much the same way about it.

• Great take!

• Ugh!! Yes gurl 💕

• I agree, awesome take 😊

• Good take

• Cool mytake

• Good take boo! ❤❤

• Nice

• Show more from Girls
    5