Prostitutes, Good or Bad?

Prostitute, noun: " person, in particular a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment."

Prostitution is illegal in the vast majority of America, as well as many other countries worldwide. Many people believe it's wrong to promote it sense a sexual relationship should be something sacred shared between two emotionally intimate lovers. People are also worried that women who prostitute aren't thinking it through, and making a mistake they will regret in the future.

Prostitutes, Good or Bad?

And while many of these concerns are valid and very appropriate, they do little to effect our culture today.

Based on a rough estimate approximately 69% of men have paid for a hooker at one point in their lives. (To be clear, this may not be accurate)

And I can't blame men for deciding to pay for a hookup, especially sense its so easily accessible in certain parts of America. The prices range dramatically from under $100 to over $1000, depending on the scenario, and this can obviously be very pricey, but the man gets what he wants sexually, and the woman gets paid enough to support herself.

But what are the risks?

The risks for the female prostitutes can be fatal, sense they never know who they might be picking up. Their client could be physically abusive, causing a lot of harm. The client could hit her, cut her, or even kidnap her.

Another risk is that prostitution is illegal in many places of the world, getting caught could call for a prison sentence or a large fine, as well as other complications.

Prostitutes, Good or Bad?

Is prostitution okay?

Personally I believe that it's a personal opinion, and that there are better jobs available.

I think you should choose the safest option available, and this probably isn't the right job opportunity for you.

But what do you think? Please share your thoughts.

-Kitty

2875

Most Helpful Guys

• "Based on a rough estimate approximately 69% of men have paid for a hooker at one point in their lives. "
    It's legal here and the number is about 10% with disabled men being over-represented in that group.

"I can't blame men for deciding to pay for a hookup"
    I wouldn't say it has anything to do with being easier per se.
    Or at least it's easy relative to the challenge of finding a real partner.
    Most guys who go to prostitutes don't do it for the "easy hook up." They report doing it for the chance at intimacy in absence of women that actually appreciate them.

"the man gets what he wants sexually"
    I would argue he doesn't.
    He gets something *approaching* what he really wants and it's enough to hold him over for a while. But it doesn't necessarily fix anything and you keep coming back for more and get in the habit of blowing your money on this stuff.

"woman gets paid enough to support herself"
    Not saying I think it should be illegal, but this is part of what makes it very distasteful to me. It's bananas to be that you get money for this.

"The risks for the female prostitutes can be fatal"
    Well that's what you get when you make it illegal.

"Is prostitution okay?"
    Personally I find it tragic to think about the guys and I feel for them.
    I don't respect the women who do it. I see them as taking advantage of a guy's basic desire for human intimacy and the excess of sexual power these women wield over men. On the one hand it's a guy's money to spend how he wants, but if you were to spend all you money on heroine I don't think anyone would call that healthy or the dealers innocent people just trying to make a living. I think at the heart of it, it's business that bleeds men who are lost and alone and don't have the discipline to live without it -- and that's not to insult them for not having discipline, I think it's genuinely hard.

• Soo... What if it was funded, regulated, and had safety protocols in place, so it would be more viable to be legal? Both sex workers and clients go through a health screening, revenue is taxed, birth control is enforced, business is done in the safety of a clean brothel, blah, blah, blah.
    Hell If it DOES ever become legal, I'll work as one myself

Most Helpful Girls

• I speak with mixed feelings about prostitution.

I have great respect for those ladies that are doing a great and very unrewarding job keeping adults from otherwise taking out their sexual drive onto women and minors/children.

Not only are they subjected to the daily humiliation of being considered sexual objects of lesser value, except for the money paid to them by the men. But they cannot even keep this money for themselves as the pimps take the greater share of their earnings

I don't think that there are many women that do this job freely. They are most of the time victims of a personal situation or drama and must prostitute themselves to make ends meet. To me that translates into modern day slavery, not to mention the enormous health risks associated with their profession.

How many of them worldwide never saw the daylight again after sacrificing their honor, their body and their own souls for the sole benefit of uncontrollable urges for a few seconds of masculine pleasures? They are to be counted by the thousands. Nobody pays them respect, nobody cares if one is missing. The Mafia and other ruthless people have an almost limitless pool of very young ladies, very often minors that they keep as "dick fodder"

• I support it as long as the girls/guys check themselves out for their health every now and again. It’s a service, just like everything else in the world.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 73

• It seems like an unfortunate situation to me that many people (mainly guys I guess) feel they need to resort to this pay-for-pleasure model when it comes to sex. It probably speaks somewhat to our cultural and biological dynamics regarding sex and relationships.

I don't think there's necessarily any malicious intent by the female workers regarding this, but I'm sure it could be the case for some to a certain degree, maybe. It can be pretty dangerous work, too, if not regulated enough.

Ultimately, I think like with a lot of things, it should be legal. If that's what people wanna do, that's what they wanna do, and the option should be there for them. I don't think it's a "bad" thing per se, I just think the prevalence of it speaks to something deeper: with so many people in the world, why can't sex just happen without a monetary component attached to it? It seems kinda sad to some extent, and not how it should be - ideally.

Plus, it's gonna happen regardless. There's no need to make it worse for everybody by slapping on the potential for them to get arrested over it. I mean, what a turn-off.

• First of all: smack some sense into yourself, and learn how to spell SINCE*

Prostitution is not illegal in America. There is no Federal prohibition. The practice is only outlawed by States. Where States haven't outlawed it, the counties/districts have.

I think we should legalize, regulate, and heavily tax it.

Legal brothels would provide safety
    Regulation would require frequent STD testing
    Regulation would require fair price points in order to provide service for everybody

Get creative, and the tax dollars will wipe out the national debt.

Some things to consider:

Rape would virtually end

Police would be freed up from tracking down hookers, Johns, and Rapists.

Courtrooms and prisons would be freed up of these people.

Illegal prostitution would end because those girls would want the safety of a brothel and the Johns wouldn't want to risk going to jail to save a few bucks. That's just not smart.

Here's some other funny shit that would happen:

With all these bitches out here laying false rape charges, most men will just stop dating entirely. Why take the risk? Friends provide companionship. Paying for a hooker a couple times a month scratches that itch and keeps a dude outta trouble.

When any dude can afford to fuck the hottest hookers at will and walk away with no strings attached, traditional relationships will become almost entirely obsolete 🤣😂

Dudes picking up a few extra bucks by hookin themselves out to any ugly girl with money wouldn't need a relationship at all.

I think it would be extremely entertaining to watch society change over a 10-15 year period. Hysterical even.

I'm all for prostitution in America. There's no down side at all.

Legalize it
    Regulate it fairly
    Tax the living fuck out of it

• I do agree that it's not the safest or I don't think the most outwardly respectful job. I've never thought that paying for sex or using sex to gain material or lucrative things is respectful or proper. But, from avenues, I've met some pros in my life and from what I've known of them, they have good hearts when you get to know them. Same with strippers, same with porn stars. They are people that have wants and dreams and desires and lives fairly similar to us that are not apart of that lifestyle. As well, a lot of them have families of their own they have to take care of and support on their own. So because of their choices in life, this is the direction it has led them to. So really, it's about the choices we make as humans that lead us into these, not so, ideal directions in life. Also, a lot of them do so just for the money and to help their regular life improve financially mostly. Or, they fall into the trap of easy money and addiction. Anyhow, from my experiences out of life, in general, I try not to pre-judge what a person's life is like and what a person's about based on outward view of how they live and look and act. I just know, usually, there's a really good reason why they are in the position they are at and that I could easily fall into that position if I zigged instead of zagged.

• I totally support it!

In fact I practically already get it on with prostitutes and I written three mytakes in the past explaining why I choose prostitutes over real girlfriends and hookups. I just simply think they're better because they get straight to the point, they dont expect anything other than what they ask for, they perform better without remorse and they will always leave once the sex is done.

Reasons Why I Choose Escorts & Prostitutes Over a Real Girlfriend Or a Friends With Benefits ↗

Reasons Why I Choose Escorts & Prostitutes Over a Real Girlfriend or friends with benefits (Part 2) ↗

Reasons Why I Choose Escorts & Prostitutes Over a Real Girlfriend or friends with benefits (Part 3) ↗

• id never pay a full time working girl. but i have and like to find nice one to take great offer which will add is way way more then nasty prostitute makes. i enjoy the innocent sweeter look of girl not knowing she did guy hour before me lol

• Ye cus you r so special right
      Retard

• @GirlfromSweden97 no because i said i wouldn't... I dont get it, why so huffy with your response? Special, no but im sure more then most agree that nobody would ever knowingly be with a girl who was with few other people prior to you let alone pay for that mess.. Ill leave it at your tired because the thoughtless remark and ending with retard match nothing i typed unless fact you took personal because it something you do and dont find it gross be only reason for the hussy fit and childish name calling started to do lol

• It's a good thing. If it's legal hopefully it encourages more women to become prostitutes which means there would be less going to college.

And therefore more room for people like me and less competition for jobs.

My only fear is that the job I get may end up paying less than a prostitute.

• As people, most of them are trash, at least in the US. Drug addicts looking for easy cash for a fix.

I have no issue with prostitution itself though. Whores are the only honest women. You know up front what the price is, and unlike other women she doesn't pretend to give any fucks about you in order to get your money. She fucks, she sucks, she gets paid, she fucks off. It's perfect.

• In countries where there is state funded and regulated prostitution, I have to think that prostitution would be a pretty good thing. Unfortunately, here in America, it is outlawed. Women have to resort to extremely unsafe practices in order to do business. Safety needs to come first.

• Personally I have never needed to use their services but it would seem there is a demand. It's the pimp and the drugs side o it that I find distasteful. He in the UK they use a guise of the massage parlour , which seems to put a bit of respectably to it. A daughter of a lady friend got into it and earned quite a bit of money. The daughter was s good looker, I was tempted to visit her at work but her mum got a little upset at the thought, in a joke I said we could keep it in the family !!!

• I dont think its good to do as a main source of income. I do support girls doing it out of free choice, whether its for fun or to get some extra cash. Besides, how else are the ugly dudes supposed to get laid

• Yes a lot of it can be fucked up but that's a symptom of it being illegal. . what these idiots will never understand is you can't ban anything there's a demand for... there's plenty of girls who have an old guy or 2 on the side they fuck and get their rent paid

• It should be strictly regulated to protect the prostitutes and prevent forced prostitution, but I don't think the government should have the right to tell people what they can or can't do with their own body. Adults make their own decisions and they shouldn't be treated like children.

• Prostitution is legal, but you have the biggest porn industry in the world. Fucking stupid. Once again politics mixing into shit they have nothing to do with.

• Bad, health concerns, diseases, and many prostitutes get killed. I also consider porn a form of prostitution. Ugly prostitutes perform on street corner and attractive prostitutes perform in porn movies

• Prostitution is immoral for one it can spread STD's and pregnancies.

#2: Hookers tend to increase infidelity in men since they are always are on the hunt for men.

#3: God doesn't approve of immoral sexual conduct as in fornication.

• Also: #2: Causes divorce and break up of the family unit.

• Actually in places where it's legal divorce goes down...
      Secondly it's be safer for everyone because if it's a regulated business it has to follow health standards.
      Thirdly... you usually pay for it one way or another. It's just one is socially more acceptable.

• some pay even for the slight possibility of sex.. and hell, why else would we throw our well earned money?
    interestingly, based on this definition i know A LOT of woman who we could consider as a bitch. i go show them the definition.

• I agree with your opinions but if it is legalised and well/fairly run both for the sex worker and clients, my opinions soften.

• prostitution makes hella money, for girls especially.
    but there are a lot of risks that come with it.

• I don't see why it should be legal. Technically speaking you're gonna be paying for sex in some way shape or form so why not just cut the bullshit and give the person the money directly? Nice and clean with no hassle.

• A good prostitute is typically the most honest woman you can ever find. Unfortunately, most prostitutes are scamming crack whores who will rip you off along with their Thug pimps. You have to play careful.

• While I have some problems with it. I think it should be legalized. The way it is now, it is harder to catch sex predators because the women are afraid to come forward. If it was legal this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

• When it's legal everything is improved. Australia is a good example. When you make something illegal you force it underground into the hands of dodgy people

• Prostitution should be legal because as it stands it's prohibition on men. But by it being illegal it makes lots of money for the system, which is why they are targeting sex dolls to outlaw those.

• I am quite indifferent to this topic. But if you want to go to the roots of this problem , then the solution would be that all women in this world should stop using sex as a weapon for manipulation.

• heck if i could get fucked AND be payed, i wouldn't think a second about it xD so yeah i guess good for them.

• I will get kicked out of church for this but I have n o problem with legalized prostitution. The laws should require blood tests every 2 weeks, licensing and full medical histories that pose no danger to customers or the practitioner. Wavers must be assigned giving customer not responsibilities for children. Absolutely no criminal records above auto, or single misdemeanors. There are plenty of women and men who meet all these criteria. Old prostitutes espically with records would be out of business for the most part. I would even go for a minimum age of 21. There would be legal competition. The $10 blow job will never leave the business so their will be small illegal girls out there. Drug addicts would be out. Safe clean sex. It will save a fortune in the cost of flowers, getting arrested and embarrassment. Hell, it might even save a few marriages.

• That's not a Christian mind set.

• @Hispanic-Cool-Guy Many would say that and I agree in some many ways. However, I really do feel that prostitution is so filed with disease, unsafe circumstances, hostages, underage children, pimps, drugs, and blackmail that my alternative is so much better. The goal would be to stamp out the whole activity and crime that goes with it. It is hard to reconcile this with christian beliefs which I respect. But I do believe it would be the best thing.

• Awful.

That is one of the worst things. Prostitutes and John's disgust me.

• It should be legalized so that it can have safety protocols in place just like if a guy gets aggressive at a strip club someone is there to stop it the same could be done

• They keep men's balls drained..
    And are the sole reason men don't go to war..
    Hence they are the real peacekeepers and a blessing in disguise

• This

• Show more from Guys
    43

What Girls Said 26

• Prostitution existed in past I guess it stay that way, what is true history we will never know, all we do know is, you have married women, Young teens who don't want think about possible slavery to "dick" in charge, But not all them were to "dick" they were to some old woman who liked money and liked being charge countless "brothel" houses as she probably called it.
    Other issue is America won't ever do it because it bring global warming possibly?

It probably bring more cash to USA but they don't care about that... it also bring more jobs to laundry, sex devices like new ones, sex medicine department lot more income, but as I say this they think its payment out their husbands or boyfriends pockets so they don't like it... if brothel of tomorrow was zero house means it was no electricity needed. Lived off grid... I am overall neutral I think it would create jobs for people who can't work... and work as something useful?

Or have prostitute bots I think it would help... sperm collection versus human collecting?

• I highly doubt that 69% of men have paid for prostitution. And no, I don't think it's okay. There are many risks for the men and the women are participate in prostitution. They could get diseases that could severely harm them in the future.

• I do not support it
    I think it comesfrom a place of being desperate
    You can love sex, and get payed for something else you love too
    I dont think a women with healthy background would engage in this

• There Are Far Better jobs Available Here, dear, But in making a Living the girls find it the Best from the rest.
    I, Myself, Would be Deathly afraid Someone, hun, Might... MURDER ME. xxoo

• I am not a prostitute. Yet. I'm likely far too old. But better jobs are NOT always available. It has been many years since I have been able to get a paying job.

• I support the ones that are doing it out of free will!
    I think every prostitute who actually is a prostitute by choice makes for less girls who are forced into it which simultaneously reduces the profitability of sex trafficking, making it "less of a thing".

• I think there are better or other jobs out there for women who can't find jobs and for them prostitution is the only solution for their problems

Why in the world a woman wants to sell her body for $$? Some I heard saying something like "Because "she has bills to pay, feed their kids (if they have children) Well, so does everyone else anyway and you dont see them selling their bodies.

• The problem is everyone else has a job. Making finding one harder, not including the skill needed for the job. And If they are making more money then minimum wage they would probably laugh at most available jobs anyway.

• I'm fine with women getting paid for something they enjoy doing. What I'm not fine with is when a woman is a prostitute when what she really needs is serious help.

• I'm against it. For one, I recall reading an article about how legalizing prostitution would ultimately make matters worse for prostitutes, since an increase in demand would result in a spike in human trafficking and even shittier working conditions for the girls. Secondly, I don't condone selling your body, because it's degrading--you're putting a price tag on yourself and your dignity, regardless of the fact that you consent, because people are taking advantage of you.

There's also the risk involved. Apart from the obvious physical dangers, prostitutes risk acquiring various diseases and falling into the world of drugs and addictions that tends to come with the lifestyle.

Overall, it just seems like a skeevy job--you're used and treated like an object, and the pay isn't nearly enough to account for the risks you face. Plus, it's bad enough now with men dealing with prostitutes while it's illegal--imagine if it was legalized? I can only imagine it wouldn't end well.

• Some of us get NO human contact - not even a handshake. Oh what I'd do for a good old fashioned hug. But nobody wants to do that. Selling my body is all that's left. I'm that lonely.

• @DakotaNorth Love, you don't need to resort to that. Seek out genuine companionship, not the shallowness of quick and cheap sex. You can find it, I genuinely believe that. Don't let yourself believe you're worth anything less because you aren't. You deserve love and friendship, and no one has the right to tell you lies that suggest otherwise.

• I think there's actually a prostitution school in spain. Some of them may have a degree. So the ones in Spain worked hard for that degree. Gotta get ones with a degree. They're the best. 😂😂

• Neither. If its legal who cares. Sometimes people are forced into it or do it to feed their kids and such

• Prostitution in itself is definitely not a bad thing, at least in my opinion. The problem is that there's often some manipulation, mental abuse, or even human trafficking involved, in which case prostituting wouldn't be a choice. That, of course, is completely immoral and should be treated as a severe crime.
    I do believe that if it's a personal choice, adult women and men should be allowed to prostitute themselves. It is not up to the government to decide whether or not they would regret their decision. And that is coming from someone who believes that "big government", as I heard Americans contemptuously call it, is a good idea.
    Legalizing prostitution makes room for a legal framework, in which any prostitution can be closely followed, and it is easier to act against forced prostitution. It even discourages this (at a certain level, the effect probably won't be that big), because there's a benefit in making your prostitution business legal: not having to fear being caught.

• I think they are disgusting human beings.🤮🤮 But you can do whatever u want I guess

• Personally I have conflicting beliefs on prostitution... but, it is an individuals choice nfree will.

• Regulated and legal sex work is a positive thing yes

• If they want to make money like that then there’s no problem. It’s THEIR CHOICE and they’re aware of the risks.

• Prostitution is legal in my country and I think that's good so like it is.

• Nice take

• Hoes.

• Interesting

• 69% of men? if that's true, wow

• Only you know what you do to yourself and how you will leave with it in your older days.

• I'd rather you don't but I won't respect you less if you do.

• I work as a escort which is kinda like a protitue it sucks but if you're not smart and can't get a degree it's a decent way to get money

• Prostitution is obviously bad. The main reason most girls do it is that they need the money. I guess though that when you're in such desperate need for money, you'll do anything. Not the best choice though.

• Have you ever seen what a miner, welder, oil-field worker, bridge builder/painter, construction worker or soldier has to deal with? The hazardous conditions, toxic chemicals, explosions, etc? The back-breaking labor involved?

Men have been doing hazardous, dangerous, poisonous, and often deadly work since we've had any kind of social system. And they do it for the same reason: they need the money, and they lack the intelligence, the education, or the decision-making skills to find and keep better work.

• Prostitutes have no sense of self-worth, or else they would realize that they are capable of more in life than just having sex with sleepy strangers and dodging STDs. As for Johns, they are desperate and sad men. In a world where sex is so freely given, it’s pretty pathetic that these men can’t find anyone willing to have sex with them by regular means.

• i feel bad for the ones that do it desperate for money.. but the ones who does it because they simply dont give a shirt.. I HONOR THEM