How Men Have Changed When It Comes To Dating

Introduction

The Modern Man has changed a lot. Men are now encouraged to embrace their emotional side and stuff like that. The roles of men and women in the dating have swapped and I'm gonna explain how and why that is. Traditionally, men were the "slutty" ones who just wanted sex and didn't want serious relationships and what-not. That applies to some guys but not to most. Traditionally, women were seen as the "relationship-oriented" gender. The Gender who valued romance, love and relationships. This is no longer the case. So let me explain the differences between men and women and then why that's the case. Hope you enjoy!

Dreaming of another man whilst in a relationship...

Cheating

It sucks. It's horrible. Who wants to be betrayed like that and made to feel like they aren't enough? Well, men in general are getting better when it comes to cheating. Studies prove this. Meanwhile women are becoming less faithful then what they used to. So guys are cheating less and girls are cheating more....not good, right?

Sleeping Around/Hooking Up

Guys have always been labelled as the "sex-obsessed" gender and typically preferred hooking up with complete strangers when compared to women. Like cheating, this has also reversed. While men still crave sex and casual sex...women do it more. Girls have more partners than guys do, they have more sex and they start having sex much younger than guys do - on average. So essentially it's the girls who are "getting their slut on". Guys are more prude than ever. Girls are more "slutty" than ever. Though, I will admit a sizable minority of both girls and guys have never engaged in hooking up and while girls are in the lead, it's not by much. Furthermore, younger generations are having less casual sex than older generations are are two times as likely to be virgins. Still, it doesn't change the fact that girls are sleeping around more and guys are sleeping around less.

Seeking Love and Monogamous Relationships

This only really affects young people. Young girls do not want love. They don't want serious relationships or meaningful relationships, well, most girls don't anyways. Of course some still do. Now, I'll be fair and say that many young guys don't want to experience love or relationships and just wanna hookup as much as they can. This is the minority of guys though. Most guys would happily date and be involved in a serious relationship with a girl they liked. Most guys would rather have lots of sex with a girl they were dating than hookup with a different girl every weekend. I know guys who slept around a lot but once they entered a relationship they fell in love and were very caring towards the girl. Girls on the other hand, don't want relationships. They literally avoid them and ghost a guy if she starts to "catch feelings". That's what's become of girls - they now avoid relationships if they start to care about a guy. Most young girls just want to party a lot, get drunk 24/7 and they don't want the "annoyance" that is a boyfriend - in their eyes. They just wanna hookup with "cute" guys all the time and just have lots of "fun". Most guys aren't like that and it's just sad to see that of all people, it's GIRLS who are killing love and relationships.

Why Is This The Case?

Well, I'm gonna try my best to answer that and I think I've got it susses out. I have a theory. So, first of all many young girls are at college and the "college lifestyle" is all about drinking until you blackout, trying drugs and having sex with all sorts of people and "exploring sexually". By all means, I'm sure college girls try out Lesbian sex, orgies, interracial sex (they fetishize it and make a big deal when they really shouldn't) and stuff like that. So, when you're living that lifestyle, a boyfriend doesn't really fit in and that's why girls just throw love and relationships out the window. They have their fun and give their youth to random, drunk college dudes...before they settle for a long-term partner afterwards.

Another thing is that when girls are teenagers they're often vulnerable and naive. Many teenage guys are assholes and treat girls badly...and I'm sure many girls got "stung" by loving a guy and therefore they're scared to love again and settle for just having sex with complete strangers every weekend. Lastly, Feminists teach girls to just sleep around and do whatever and to hate relationships, so that influences it as well.

So what do you think? Do you think I am right? Let me state here that there isn't wrong with a girl doing what she wants with her own life, alright. If she wants to sleep around, she should be free to. This take is about how guys are valuing love more and more, meanwhile girls are throwing love and relationships out the window, in favor of "fun". This take is really about defending guys and letting you know that we really aren't the "bad ones" here. We want love and all of that. People need to take a second look at the modern dating scene and really understand how it is.

I hope you enjoyed. I did not intent to "bash" women or anything here so please don't think I am. This take isn't hostile or filled with hatred. I'm just stating my opinions and feelings on what has become of women and the modern World.

1625

Most Helpful Girls

• Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result each time= Insanity.
    Are you insane? Or are you just obsessed?
    Either way, get help.

• I'd like to think I'm obsessed. Plus, it's fun. It's entertaining. Besides, Ellie, you literally gave me all the info for this Take.

• @ManOnFire Cherry had been here for years? Sir, I had no idea. When she first posted me, I thought she had just started posting here. The thing is, I thought she would be in more agreement with you. The more I learn, the more I think she was really having some mental issues.

• @ManOnFire I know that "take" bothered her. But her response to me was. . . well. . . eye opening.

It made me think of an episode of "American Dad". It is funny how knowledge and wisdom can come from the strangest places. There was an episode about relationships. And it was actually talking about something very serious. That people can have long lasting fruitful relationships based upon shallow reasons for dating each other.

She acknowledged that some "Black" men she dated were only doing so because she was "White" or Scandinavian. But she had shallow reasons for dating them also. And if they could look past each other's short comings no one else should care.

That made me think. Because I did not want her. . . or even you to think I was judging the shallowness of certain couples. My issue stemmed from the fact that many "Black" men who date out exclusively engage in stereotyping "Black" women, the same way racists stereotype us all.

That was my point.

• This is gold. Seriously. You hit the nail right on the head. Obviously it does not apply to everyone. But either way, your points are valid. My boyfriend was a massive slut before he met me. When we got together, he stopped talking to every single one of his "hook up" girls and focused on me and my kids 100%. He was dedicated and honest and caring and he fucking loves me dude. I see more and more men becoming these amazing role models and super respectful of women; where as more and more women bash guys for them being "too sensitive". Fuck that. I love my sensitive man and I will never let some new age, man hating broad convince me otherwise. In todays world we have the happiest hoes ever. So repulsive.

Most Helpful Guys

• 1. You might want to take a high school class on genetics and genealogy
    2. I reject the whole concept of your nutty categorization system. I have just proven it is fantasy.
    3. Race is an arbitrary classification. You finally admitted it. That’s what I told you several posts ago.
    So since it is arbitrary, scientists have a way of classifying genetic differences. You can pay for a genetic test for 60 bucks or less. It will tell which genetic groups on this planet you share commonality with. But that will not lead you to the phenotypical descriptions for race.

For example, these are all “Black” people in America;

How Men Have Changed When It Comes To DatingHow Men Have Changed When It Comes To DatingHow Men Have Changed When It Comes To DatingHow Men Have Changed When It Comes To DatingHow Men Have Changed When It Comes To Dating

• I do agree with most of it. What you said about girls not really wanting love or a real relationship is very, very true and what I've noticed myself. And I am the kind of guy who would prefer to have endless sex with a woman I'm already close to as opposed to a stranger, yeah. That's why trying to hook up online doesn't really work for me; I need to know the person.

I also do believe that women cheat more than men do and are hooking up just as much as men. But as far as doing it more than guys and having more partners? Not sure. I still know a ton of guys hooking up like crazy especially on my job, and I've had a lot of guys online tell me all their hook up stories and have even tried to coach me on how to do it.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 14

• I think you're jaded and delusional and need psychotherapy. This is just another one of your whiny shitposts.

• @MlleCake A lot of what he says is not even untrue though. Not ALL of it is agreeable but I think his main point is.

• @Raven_76 If more women are having casual sex, I'd say it's more because they can. It's more difficult for the majority of guys to have casual sex, it doesn't mean they don't want to.

• @Kkaos it doesn't make girls any less slutty.

• I agree with the historical point of view. A girl had be virgin to marry, so women only had one chance and had to focus on finding the one. Now women have risen to mens level with relationships and sex before marriage, where you search for a suitable spouse.

• Wrong. Girls are sleeping around more than guys. They’ve passed Out Guys

• Wow, this take got ugly fast! So many negative and hateful replies from both genders. Most people who react so venomously clearly have been hurt badly and are walking wounded. That isn't the healthy way to heal. Letting go of the anger and moving forward it is the only way to learn and become wiser not bitter.

• I think all of it is spot on except the hating relationships-part. Even most single, partying college girls want a meaningful relationship - but those don't just drop out of the sky. So as long as that relationship doesn't start to happen, they sleep around to pass the time/find a guy. Whether that makes their chances of finding love higher or lower doesn't matter, their desire is still to find love in the end.

• Could you link your sources? I want to see these studies.

• Unless you can back up all of your statements with actual scientific peer reviewed studies (I know this might come as a shock to you but saying "Studies prove this." doesn't actually make your argument any more legitimate), I will take nothing you said in this take seriously. All of this just comes off as bitter ranting by someone who actually don't really know any women on a deeper level, and whose view of the world is based on what PUAs vomit on youtube (with a sprinkling of "guy pranks shallow girl - pretends to be broke but actually has a lambo LOL!!!"-videos).

• Lumos😂

• I’m correct in what I said

• Nah. Lol

• You forgot the most important thing.

People bark about petty things like who needs to pay and shit.

• Nice take

• This is very true!

• Majority are gay tbh.

• And most of you are major egocentric, hypocritical, slef absorbed cunts, just like you.

• Just LOL @ calling yourself a "Nubian queen". Lemme guess, you don't even know where the fuck Nubia was, am I right? Self-absorbed entitled femakes everywhere.

• Good take

• i have to completely agree with this

• Meh...

• Interesting

What Guys Said 23

• Mostly true. But I have an alternate view of the reason. The thing is, if monogamy isn't enforced, then women only sleep with the top 20% of men. You can see this on various dating apps. 80% of women seek the top 20% of men. Whereas, 80% of men are in competition for the bottom 20% of women. When a woman is not "restrained" by monogamy and marriage, when she can choose freely, she will only pick the most valuable males.

Women actually rated 80% of men on OkCupid as "below average" attractiveness. Men rated 50% of women as "below average", statistically correct. Which shows women have a flawed perception of male value.

Just as a male would fuck every single woman he possibly could, given the opportunity. That's male nature. Female nature is the same, just more discerning.

You can see it in these women on dating apps who are a 3 out of 10, but they think they're worth a 9 out of 10, because that's what society tells them, and that's also what they want. Then they experience a rude awakening, because those top value guys have their pick of virtually any of the top 80% of women; and you know for damn sure they're not picking 3s-6s.

So, those women grow to think that all men are only after sex. Because the only men they're looking at mostly do just want sex--because they can get away with free fucks, because of how high value they are. But the reality is that those women ignore 80% of the men that exist on there. They're just white noise.

Which ties into how many women have horrid views on the availability of "good" men. To them, a "good quality man" is in the top 20%. Naturally, for women, this makes "good men" exceptionally rare, because those women are in brutal competition with 80% of women; and, it seems to them like they will never find a decent guy.

The thing is, as we know, women can grow to love many different types of lower value men--just, the man has to prove his value. But, on dating apps, the instinct becomes clear: only go for the top.

So, what happens with this competition? Well, the girls who are a 4-5-6 need to compete with the chicks who are 7s-8s-9s and 10s. But how could they possibly do that? Sex. If they put out more easily, they can actively challenge the higher tier women for the top 20% men.

So, it becomes this kind of intragender war. I see your cleavage, and I raise you a string bikini. The 9 doesn't suck his dick on the first date; okay, I will.

Of course, I'll be in the top 20%. So, good luck guys

• There's some truth in this story: while yes a lot of young girls are sleeping around much more but that doesn't mean that they all don't want love, the real problem is they simply lack options. Traditional customs made it much easier for men back in the day to get girlfriends/wives, but these customs are disappearing. The vast majority of men have unfortunately been left behind with no idea how to navigate the modern dating landscape, and there's a severe shortage of male role models to guide us.

Traditionally women didn't have as much freedom of choice when it came to mate selection. They usually married based more on pressure from family/community/society, and they often married for economic reasons. Today women are much more free to choose their partners, and they're mostly following their human instincts to choose partners they find attractive. The vast majority of men fall into two categories: the larger category is those who want relationships but have no idea how to attract a woman, and a smaller category of players who know how to attract women but only want sex. Then there's a very small percentage of men who are fine with either a relationship and sex, and know how to attract a woman.

• I agree. This is a growing trend. The world (especially the USA) is a total mess. And some people don't know what's expected of them because of all these changes. Slut-shaming awareness, slut walks, toxic masculinity (which is fake), false rape accusations, misandry. Just let people be themselves. Let there be peace.
    Personally, I don't care because it has nothing to do with me. I'm just a single guy and planning to remain one.

• This is true to the letter... I often see the regretful faces after bad choices. The hook up culture is fun but that secure feeling is also now gone.. it's becoming cold and calculating... even the sex isn't as fulfilling as a long term love relationship...

... In my opinion.

• Modern men have seen their dads and uncles get financially raped in divorce, have watched lots of men get falsely accused of DV and worse, and want no part of it.

• The only women worth anything are those who are not hoes and actual hoes who make bank. The girls slutting around for no reason are literal trash. Its the attitude about throwing valuable things away. What kind of person does that? Just shitty no good people (men and women).

• Dude you after like drinking, hooking up,, orgies, interracial, etc is new or increased? It hasn't. Go ask some old hippie about free love in the 60s, if you think women now are sleeping around a lot you have no idea what it was like back then.

• That’s women since the beginning of time. I even said in my post young people are less sexual and are 2 times more likely to be virgins than their parents. It seems you didn’t read my entire post

• Well I did, but I am just not responding to your whole post.

• Dating? For me... naaaah !! No bitterness / misogyny on my part... I am a single dad , working FT , so simply cannot be bothered , don't need or want more work !! " Girls are more "slutty" than ever." ... Not at all. Actually you were right in the first sentence , but for both genders... Western " society " is more prude than ever , a new age of puritanism seems to be happening.

• You think!

• I know !! ... Also you mention "college lifestyle" , if anything , these institution are far more anti hetero sex , these are hotbeds of feminism and misandry too , they fill the heads of young women with BS and misandry.

• As you pointed out, women are sleeping around and more slutty than ever before. That’s what’s changed in the world of dating and what’s causing these changes not what guys are doing... own it ladies!

• MGTOW is exploding and women can thank themselves for that especially feminist and the UN.

• By the way, most guys were never sluts either. That's the myth that's been spread by slutty women.

• What a hot take. I’ll see about this when I get to university

• most "modern" men have been castrated. Worse yet some fail to see they will ruin their life by marrying a westernized woman

• I don't have any insight, but your picture looks kind of funny with the guy in the fancy suits and woman in no pants... lol.

• I don't think men have changed much as far as what they look for long-term (a moral wife, who will support them and a family), upon reaching a mature age (typically 26-28 +), but it has changed how they act in the meanwhile, and in courtship.
    Before, courtship/ dating was all about finding a wife, and getting married. Now, it is simply a means to an end (sex), and there is no hurry to get into anything committed. The reason for this, I believe, is the sexual revolution, which has turned girls into sluts (who don't cook/ clean/ want kids/ etc), who aren't traditionally fit to be wives, which drives men to play around until they choose to find a considerably younger girl (if they have the means) to marry.

• THE MATRIX IS A SYSTEM OF SILENCE... on youtube please watch it

• I swear you just make this shit up. OMFG

• You're 61. You're not in my generation so I'd consider myself far more knowledgeable and experienced than you in this department.

• Simply ridiculous.

We're done here. You're 18 and simply just a beginner. A noob. You don't have jackshit to draw on for experience or knowledge. And instead of coming here to learn something you regurgitate some bullshit you read somewhere, or one of your other dumb friends declared.

No, you've mischaracterized women in general, for a lot of reasons. But we're wasting our time because you can't even have an adult conversation.

You know, a guys brain doesn't even fully develop 'till 25. You should really listen and read more and talk and post less. For it is better for people to think you're stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. ;)

Bye bye... have fun on GAG.

• Girls are literally worse than wild animals when it comes to sex. Seriously, you think too highly of girls.

• obee-kaybee

• Feminism has caused all of this.

• Well you really put some effort in it, gj

• I say Mgtow, suck it.

• This is why I have no interest in dating anymore. Mostly likely just going to end up with some slut who isn't worth shit anyway. Fuck that!

• Its thanks to feminism and other brain damaged shit that rapes society in the ass. That being said, it will never break people entirely, because traditional gender roles are based on nature and natural instincts. Slutty women will always be worthless when it comes to choosing a future wife, and same goes for weak men being future husbands. As retarded as modern society is, it can't fight natural behavior

• Definitely. Guys have become bitches, and women are dogs. I used to respect women as being generally better. I don't anymore. I have completely stopped being romantic. It simply doesn't matter and is no longer respected. Good take!