Why I think Bisexuality is a myth

"Bisexual" girls categories

1. lesbian-in-denial

2. confused lesbian

3. confused straight girl

4. straight girl with a very high sex drive

Many lesbians have identified as bisexual at one point. Even YouTuber, Ariel Scarcella, admits that she has misidentified herself as a bisexual even though she's a full lesbian. Internalized homophobia would also provoke someone to identify as half straight.

It's very common, especially for teenagers, to be confused about who they are. There's a study that proved that lesbian women and straight men are only turned on by women and their attraction to females increase as their sex drive increases. Straight women, on the other hand, are typically aroused on by a wide range of sexual stimuli (including animals too), but are only capable of feeling attracted to a man. Straight women with higher sex drives get aroused more by every sexual thing that happens which may lead one to believe that she's bisexual even though she's just a straight women who's a sex addict or a pervert.

Why I think Bisexuality is a myth

"Bisexual" guys categories

1. gay-in-denial

2. confused gay guy

3. confused straight guy

4. straight guy who's a sex addict and will fuck anything that moves because of his high sex drive

Again, it's very common, especially for teenagers, to be confused about who they are. Many "bisexuals" are going through a "bisexual" phase right now. And many former "bisexuals" have gone through this phase as well. It's quite ironic to see that if a gay guy says he's slept with a woman before and claims to be fully gay, no one will challenge or deny that. If that's possible, I'm sure it's still possible for a straight guy to sleep with a man and still be only attracted to females. There are confused straight guys as well as confused gay guys. Many people don't understand what sexual orientation is because they confuse behavior and arousal for attraction.

There was a study that examined the arousal patterns of "bisexual" guys. Some of them didn't experience any arousal during the study. Many of them were only aroused by gay porn. One of them was only aroused by lesbian porn.

Mice are mammals as well and many psychological studies are based on the study of mice behavior in order to relate with human behavior. Male mice with high sex drives didn't discriminate between which gender they wanted to sexually hump. It's not known whether or not the male mice with high sex drives are actually turned on by both genders. My guess is that, just like straight human males, the male mice are more turned on by the opposite gender as their sex drives increase, but in order to relieve their high sex drive, they will fuck anything that moves when there are no readily available females. It's very common for straight guys to fuck objects, experience paraphilia, and/or basically fuck anything that moves when their sex drive is way higher than the average male's sex drive. If they don't resort to that kind of behavior, they will resort to other destructive behaviors. What you do and what you are turned on by are two different things. Your behavior doesn't determine what your sexual orientation is; your genuine, PRIMARY attraction to a gender does.

Why I think Bisexuality is a myth

Sources

Lippa, R. A. (2006). Is high sex drive associated with increased sexual attraction to both sexes? Psychological Science, 17, 46-52.

Study: Bisexual Men Not Aroused By Both Sexes, page 2, by Daniel DeNoon, wedMD.

2026

Most Helpful Guys

• >Many people don't understand what sexual orientation is because they confuse behavior and arousal for attraction.

I don't understand this. If you are aroused by both sexes, and you have sex with both sexes, how are you not bisexual? If you are more or less practicing heterosexuality and homosexuality at an equal rate, is this not bisexual?

If you think sexuality is a matter of form, and no such form as bisexuality exists -- I guess I don't know what to tell you. If it's a matter of function, then isn't behaving bisexually all you would need to be a bisexual? That there are people who have sex with both sexes is proof enough to me.

• Not convinced by the mouse research. Maybe all mice look the same and mice get aroused instinctually, not by sight as such, and just start humping, like a mating lottery. Keep humping and they have to get a win sooner or later.

• They can tell the difference through their sense of smell. This behavior was only observed in male mice with higher testosterone levels.

• Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Girls

• For something to be considered a myth, there must be no evidence of that thing existing. There are loads of people who go around sleeping/dating both genders, proving the existence of bisexuality. Therefore, it can't be a myth.

Join the discussion

1824
  • I'm bisexual. I exist. Never any confusion on my part.

Only on your part.

• Nah. I can be both aroused, or just simply attracted to people of either sex, depending on the person. It's not a phase, it's been that way most of my life. What exactly do you have to gain by "disproving" bisexuality, anyway?

• Im bisexual. I had a long term relationship with a guy and with a girl. I loved then both. I don't know what gender the partner will be that I end up with, but currently I fancy a guy so a small part of me wants him to be the one.

• a couple of my ex's are bi, and one of them said "being bi is great, she has more choice of who she can fall for..." and also she said "is greedy cos of such options"

personally fair play to everyone, be who we each are and I say follow your heart :)

• If someone can get it on with a male and then get it on with a female then they're bisexual. The same stigma was here when people first came out as lesbian or gay and people hust told then they were just curious and would revert back to traditional places. Just let people be whatever they want to be

• Some people don’t fit into the perfect boxes they are told to fit in.

If Bisexuality is invalid how do you explain people who genuinely can have an attraction to both males and females?

• If you get off on both genders, you're bi. Do some people get off to both genders? Yes. Busted your myth busting.

• Hell i dont care about the myth. I just know that i am a straight guy That loves women.

But i want to have sex with a man just once because I'm curious. I don't think of a man is sexy or attractive. To me it is wonder, a what if kinda thing. Do you get what I'm trying to say here?

• *actual mytake title: “Why I am a narrow-minded idiot”

• Well, listen to this.

In third grade, when I was EIGHT, I had a crush on a guy. I thought he was really cute, and wanted to hold his hand.

Since then I have had several girlfriends.

Eight year olds are not sexual, nor sexually confused. They love what they love.

I am a bisexual guy. I find this post saddening, and the fact that you care enough to write a crappy mytake about it makes you very petty.

• I think people know if they are attracted to both genders or not. Usually those who think that is not possible are straight or gay and are closed minded.

• Well people would describe me as bisexual because I like trans women and fem gay men. In reality I'm just attracted to femininity in general and my brain does little work in distinguishing the 2 genders. I'm attracted to titts & ass no matter which gender operates them. Gynandromorphophilia is a sexuality of it's own.
    ~Mr Bails Extraordinaire

• This does make some compellin evidence.. I don't know if it's a myth, but it's easy for many people to subscribe to bi-sexuality, and that more people than not who say they are, ain't.. It's popular nowadays.. But good take..

• Human beings are much more complex than you think. As much as you want it to be that way, dichotomy doesn't work here.
    -med student who took and is still taking classes about this...

• I don't like putting people into slots , for me if a girl likes guys and also likes girls good on her she can mix and match as she sees people that she is fond of. This was what my second wife was like she loved both sexes !!!

• i don't think they're confused, they just like sleeping with both sexes. the amount of bisexual women that are seen everywhere should tell you something. of course there's some people that lie about their sexuality or are in denial about it.

• I don’t really agree with you but nicely written take ☺️

• GOD is above the dome

no one is gay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4

• well to respond to that, some are, some are bi and some are straight...

now... lets respond to your laughable clip...

It's called gravity, that rocket didn't have the thrust to break to the outer atmosphere or escape the spherical earth's gravitational pull

boy do flat earther's and religious nut jobs have a lot in common, i bet you are a creationist aswell lmfao

• @errorgoodnameunfound

lol

Book of Enoch CHP 7
      And Angels taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them

Ecclesiastes 1:9
      what was will be again
      what has been done
      will be done again
      there is nothing new under the sun

http://www.catchpenny.org/images/abydos1.gif

Why I think Bisexuality is a myth

Why I think Bisexuality is a myth

as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be at the coming of the son of man

• books of fairy tales. so convincing. Yet it's ok, I hope the mighty noodly apendeges of the FSM blesses you with its noodly goodness anyways. We pastafarians are full of love ya know? "The FSM loves everyone" Noodlians 6:66

• Whether I'm bi sexual or a straight girl with a really high sex drive who cares what category I fall under? I can have sex with whom I choose to.

• Maybe.. sometimes i'm disgusted by men and turned on a lot by girls.. and other times i just want a man... if its a myth i hope i find out soon because its really difficult.

• Interesting. Perhaps it's a bad idea to go with labels, especially since I'd consider myself some sort of pan, ace, romantic combination. Not too into sex, but would maybe do it, liking people by personality and rather have a romantic connection and not caring about what gender or whatever somebody is. Oh and then there is that willingness to date guys or gals, but not near as aroused by guys, yet their personality so often seems better and I could see myself in a gay relationship with little sex if at all.

• I din't read since I know you're wrong. I've had my share of bi girls and threesomes and they were not lesbians.

• yup. that's why you don't find many elderly "bi" people xD

• Or because when they grew up being homosexual for a man was actually illegal until 1967 and in UK there was a different age of concent all the way until 2001. Elderly people grew up with a "if you're not straight you'll be shunned, kicked out of the family and even go to prison" so I'd definitely say it's more their upbringing that leads them to not be bi...

• @RussianNestingDoll some annekdotal cases are no proof against a overarching theme in a society. they are exceptions and nobody denies the existence of exceptions.

• I hardly find it an exception. I’m not the only elder I know who is like me. There are many.

• I'm gonna go and say this, I don't think gender is on a scale, but I do think sexuality is. I know some girls who dated or slept with men, but would sometimes date or have sex with a woman. And me personally, I'm straight, but I have had sex with a few men that I thought were attractive. Which is why I believe everyone is on a scale. You can be straight, but you might see someone of the same sex that you find sexually attractive. You might be gay and find people of the opposite sex to be sexually attractive. Bisexual is more in the middle, where you find a woman just as attractive as a man, which does happen, just look at Freddy Mercury.

• I totally agree with sexuality being a scale.

• @Coffeebeanz there actually is a scale. the kinsey scale, and according to alfred kinsey, most straight people are a 2. for refference, it's a 0-6 scale with 6 being exclusively gay and 0 being exclusively straight.

• Reasonable. I appreciate you referencing source material. We've got way too many plagiarists on here. ;)

• Agreed bisexuals are dumb and its a fad literally every girl in my school says they are bisexual they are just doing it cause everyone else is

• So? I'm still bi and don't mind what you think tbh lol

• Your article didn’t make sense or apply to actual bisexuals. There are more than you think. I’ve always known I was one since early childhood and I’m almost fifty. I know people considerably older than me who are as well. There are still people in society who want to pretend it doesn’t exist because it makes them uncomfortable. Time to clear away the smokescreen of my gnorance now. It’s 2019. Here’s a funny cartoon:

• I don't see how what you think could be the only relevant point...

• Just an observation, the only bisexual people I have heard of are still fairly young, 30s or younger.

• Now people want to get rid of bisexuality because it doesn't fit the 9000 genders narrative.

• Yeah it does, sex, gender and sexuality are separate, gender being a spectrum of masculine and feminine behaviours, and sex being your chromosome structure (XY or XX). Bisexual makes you attracted to both sexes, both XY and XX, doesn't imply anything about gender.

• Bisexuality is not a myth, however, I do think a lot of "straight" women, abuse "bisexuality", if you know what I mean...

• I think.. While you've made valid points... being gay or lesbian or bi... is more about lifestyle choices than some same-sex sexual fetish. I am pretty dead straight and my sister is super lesbian. She always demonstrated a certain difference in her attitude to women when she was younger (and this is pre-sexual awareness). So she would, for example, get wayyy more emotionally attached to her best friend than usual.. Contrast that with a fetish for boobs or whatever. Its similar to interracial dating. Getting turned on by someone of a different race should not be confused with wanting to date one. So to your question- possibly everyone has the ability to reach climax with who ever and whatever they want... that might be a biological reality (hence straight prisoners going "gay") What you are willing to accept as part of your existence should be what defines you in that continuum.

• 17h

Try joining the real world instead of living in stupidland.

• This person is a lyrical genius, I laughed way too hard at this

• Cock and balls... boobs and fanny... that's all I say

• why does it matter? it's 2019 for god's sake.

• Nah, you're just projecting.

• Stop putting labels on everything, geez.

• labels are necessary, why don't you like to be called lesbian? are you afraid of that? are you homophobic?

• Says who? You? Lol! People are multifaceted and quite frequently don't fit into your nice neat little labels and boxes. If you don't see that, you're ignorant and not living in reality.

• If you like men and women you are bisexual and that's all. Accept yourself.

• This article is full of shit

• Not at all. Im bi.

• It's stupidity, gross and heresy.

• Is only men's capability of being bi doubted?