9 mo

Why Men Watch Porn

I love watching porn with my lady for a warm up and to give us ideas.

Okay. Let's take a major step back and try to not make this all about you, shall we? When a man engages in sex with a woman, it's a complicated affair, pun intended. He has to take into account her needs, boundaries, stated preferences, feelings and a host of other factors. All this before he even gets to the part about his needs and trying to achieve the closeness he seeks. You wouldn't have it any other way. You want a considerate, caring lover, no doubt.

When he watches porn, it's all about two things: fantasy and convenience. If you really, honestly expect him t never lust after another woman in his head, you sadly mistaken. He was a girl watcher when he found you and finding you, no matter how satisfying, doesn't kill that desire to look. There's an old saw that is absolutely true: when a guy's through looking, he's through. He is, to put a point on it, NEVER going to stop looking at other women. Nor do you want him to.

It's that sexual desire that's the engine of your intimate relationship. Nor do you stop looking at attractive men nor does he want you to for the same reason. That he looks at other women and porn says nothing about how he feels about you.

So porn is about him fantasizing. It's also where he likely finds new ideas to bring to your conjugal bed that you'll hopefully find very entertaining.

The other reason men watch porn is convenience. He doesn't have to take all those factors I mentioned into consideration. It's just him and his dick.

Bottom line: fear not!! Just relax and enjoy the man in your life and ignore the porn. Or better yet, offer to watch it with him. It makes a great warm up.

Why Men Watch Porn
18
20

Most Helpful Guys

• Browneye57
    Uh, no, if you watch enough of it you turn into a porn addict. And a steady diet of that fake shit will leave you with a completely unrealistic attitude and expectation of what normal man-woman romantic sex or relationships are about. Which will make you a FAILURE to her - whomever she is. This place is riddled with porn-widows - girls with guys addicted to porn who would rather jerk off to that than be with her.
    So no, you're wrong on this one, for SO MANY reasons, but you just don't get it - you just want to get your rocks off.
    And then next we have the poor people sucked into this charade wanting to know if all girls like butt-sex, where you should come on here, or if it's rude if she doesn't swallow your load, or do guys like them to gag while deep-throating. All crap made up by the porn industry.
    It's a disgusting mix of depravity and self-loathing with this - but it may take you a few failed relationships to come to your senses.
    Oh, and you just tipped your hand so to speak - a wanker of porn. How disgusting.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Robertcw

Exactly.

• Porcelaine

Well said.

• please save us haha

• Anonymous
    i don't agree with all of this. for one point, men will watch porn because the girls are hotter than his girlfriend. after he releases his sexual energy, his sexual desire for her will go down which IS exactly what some women don't want. i think people make too many excuses for watching porn and tend to ignore the negative consequences it can have on society. porn actually increases rape in those that are mentally ill, as has been admitted by many mentally ill rapists. not to mention the porn-fueled trolling that has become inescapable online. porn changes people's brains and their sexual tastes. for many people, it leaves them feeling depraved after watching.
    Is this still revelant?
    • AustinMan

I vehemently disagree.

• Not me n i am staunch LGBTQ feminist with abused childhood. The difference is I know its not real sex. And, my tastes only go so far too.

• Anonymous

@Arielbubble masturbation is fundamentally different for women because they do not expel vital energy in the process the way that men do. porn also doesn't have as strong of an effect on women because their brains are less visually stimulated. @AustinMan you disagree but don't give reasons. my opinion is based on testimonies of men and women, confessions of serial rapists, and studies done by scientists. if the experience is different for you personally, that still does not change the fact of what it is for others.

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous
    Lol. I’m a healthy 20 years old girl and I started watching porn at 13. When I’m alone I masturbate and NO! Not all women are only turned on by romantic lovey dovey sex. I enjoy anal, double penetration, role plays, and threesomes, and lesbian porn as well. It’s a fantasy. I know I won’t do it in real life. I like rape fantasy but I know that I don’t want to be raped for real, or that I won’t be turned on to see a someone being rapped for real. I have a lot of nasty fantasies, and YES! Even some women only enjoy to hookup instead of catching feelings immediately, we are Juste more precautious because we can get prégnants, and because of slut shaming. I have always been faithful to my boyfriends and I never had sex outside of relationships but when I’m alone I love to pleasure my self. So stop saying that all women are asexual, emotional freaks
    Is this still revelant?
    • Amen to that love

• Thanks for sharing and for telling. Makes me feel better and sounds very healthy. The slut shame is so stupid. Is that why girls are not saying that they enjoy? (For those who enjoy of course).

• Anonymous

Mitch-french yep. Not only that but a girl must be sometimes more prepared than a man for sex, because it will hurt her badly if she’s not wet enough

• Farexy
    As if only men watch porn.
    I don't know why so many women say they don't but I can promis you women do watch porn. Some like reading erotic stories or just looking at pictures more, but it's all the same. We all masturbate we all have sexual desires.
    Is this still revelant?
    • When women watch porn, are they turn on also by things such as anal sex, watersport, orgies, or is it more 'romantic'? I'm asking because no girl dates to really say...

• Browneye57

Only the ones that are sexual failures.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1618
  • Inneedofusername
    Watch how he is getting off to other woman? Ugh, how disgusting. How he is watching at HER body not mine and how he is fantasizing of HER. It's like mental cheating. What, you're suggesting are one of those two things: Either a guy can't get off to images and memories of his girlfriend or he really wants to get off to someone else. As you can see, neither of them sounds great. You can be "just you and your dick" and fantasize of your girlfriend and not some porn whores.
    • AustinMan

Have you tried recording sex with him so he would have the choice of porn or you? It's not cheating.

• Recording sex is not a good idea for many reasons, however I do have plenty of nudes

• Of myself, obviously

• JDavid25
    I could do without porn.. It causes a weird addiction that not enough people talk about, and PIED (Porn Induced Erectile Dysfunction).. And that's the reason many guys have problems lastin longer, and keepin hard.. Also, the reason why so many questions on here keep askin about dick size.. LOL.. Once I get a girl, I may not be able to stop attraction to other women, but what I can do is not actively lust after them..
    • Straight facts 👍

• I actually love the last point you made. I never thought about it like that!

• enigma1978

Wow, that's what's wrong with my bf!

• Ellie-V
    Finding other people attractive is fine by me, but masturbating to them? Too far.
    If I’m in a relationship the porn shit is going to have to be nonexistent, otherwise they are MORE than welcome to leave me alone 😂 I am good with or without you
    • You'll end up either alone or living with a lie.

• Ellie-V

@Mitch-french I disagree 😬

• Browneye57

@Mitch-french - Neither. She'll have a solid sex life instead of competing with fake-sex porn and a jerk-off addict. What a fail. And YOU just tipped YOUR hand. Yeah, your girlfriend - Rosey-Palm. LOL What a dick.

• yeeeeeeeet
    I can't speak for anyone else but I watch porn because I dont have a girlfriend. If I had a girlfriend I wouldn't need or want to. I actually think porn is boring and unfulfilling. Also it just validates my insecurities about not having a girlfriend. Not saying porn in itself is a bad thing, its just not the most enjoyable thing for me.
  • Meoir34
    Speaking from being a woman, I watch porn, probably more often than men. Why do men think its just men who view porn? I don't get it
    • AustinMan

I don't think just men watch porn. I think the vast majority of complaints about watching it come from insecure women.

• HungLikeAHorsefly
    Nice take. Just because I like to fap to an 18 year old (I hope) funnel gallons of semen into her ass while guys slap her in the face with rubber dicks doesn't mean I don't love my lady.

Also it's none of her business anyway.
  • HomoFuge
    Porn is just another form of entertainment really. I am not really bothered if my partner was to watch it.
  • Julie_TS
    Welp... that about sums it up for a lot of you!!!
  • BabyCalypso
    I’ve asked my boyfriend to not watch porn, and ever since he stopped, we’ve been a lot closer and have been way more active. I do not ever reject him in trade.
    • That's because porn pacifies people, makes them less social and lowers energy and confidence. Donno how it does that compared to just fucking since it's the same.. end goal. But that's what it does!

• I agree! It’s not good for the mind.

• Cokebottle

I wouldn't want a girl controlling me like that

• Unit1
    I really love watching and wanking to porn! There's no other calm way to live single as a man. Most of the times at least.

When no woman wants me, then I'll just get some on my screen. It's that simple.
  • bill_towers
    Masturbation and watching porn is waste of time and Energy. I stopped this emasculating act years ago.
  • oddwaffle
    Umm... You watch porn because it's a quick fix to your never ending problem "the urgent need for fantastic sex and hot women"

Of course too much and you have a problem. Just like everything else.
  • Kitty46
    I will watch porn with my boyfriend & maybe later he wants to turn it off so he could have sex with me.
  • MaverickAngel
    Thanks for the honest my take. I agree with you in that guys are wired to look and that porn is about convenience. Girls dont generally look around the same way (we are not visually stimulate.. that's why playgirl etc was a flop) . Also porn if ethically made (while I have nothing against it from a religious point of view) .. will damage your ability to connect to a real woman during sex (it's about oxytocin production).. so I'd be careful how you use it. Studies have also proved that it segways into perversions (ie you watch normal porn at 15.. then kinky stuff in your 20s then graduate into weird stuff to get the same excitement/novty). Its one of those things that I dont think people have thought through very well..
    • It is true to some extend. I'm in my late 40's. It's true that one watch more perverted things as you grow older, but it doesn't mean I think it's for real, even if it makes me fantasise. And boundaries remain boundaries.

• @Mitch-french True - it doesn't translate to doing perverted things in real life but it does affect your real life sexuality- and in ordinary things with ordinary women won't affect you the same way it would have pre-porn. That's just surveys though.. so who knows..

• Random_Guy_Online
    I usually watch it when I don't have a female, but it is quite unfulfilling as compared to being with a real girl.
  • sognare555
    Porn displaces real sex, leading to less sexual satisfaction. Across 50 studies porn was found to have a negative effect on mens sexual and relational satisfaction. It creates unrealistic versions of women and intimacy. It's just so mainstreamed that no one talks about this. Porn is not a happy go lucky tool to use in bed. It's a fantasy, and often ruins people's lives as they become addicted to it. It's sickening. You want something sexy that feels real? Have a relationship with A REAL HUMAN. Not an hd one, a real one! Cherish them! Love them! Discover them! Only then, will you truly feel satisfied.
    • AustinMan

Can you please site a few of those 50 studies, please, preferably those with the largest sample sizes and best experimental designs?

• Rider22
    Porn is the devil himself. It is filthy it is ruining the fabric of our society. And I love it. Fuck away people fuck away.
  • tearout
    I don't have to explain why I watch porn to any bitch
    lol so stupid
    • Your the stupid one calling women bitches ahole

• tearout

@Arielbubble

why do i have to explain?

• Don't have to explain anything. Except calling women bitches. How would you like it if someone called youe own mother or sister that? It's disrespectful. 😒

• dontgofalling
    I watch porn to arouse my inner man
    Rarely fap to it tho, boarding school, and the fact I don't let myself more than 1 in the end of the week
  • shyapples2
    Plenty of women watch porn! It’s not exclusively men
    • AustinMan

Of course but I didn't feel qualified to discuss that.

• anon1903
    great my Take !!
    • AustinMan

Thanks! I appreciate your support.

• Hopelessaromantic
    I watch more porn then my boyfriend does. lmfao
  • GayHowellMeme
    I don’t watch porn because I’m asexual
  • IkilledCupid_
    Interesting
  • DDpsy
    TLDR
    To jerk off and cum.
  • Joker_
    Interesting
  • AlbanianBoy123
    LOL
    Porn is great bro
  • SamiDz
    Good take..
  • sexaddict1
    Same reason women watch it.
  • Anonymous
    I don’t care if he watches his porn as long as he doesn’t force me to do the things pornstars do. If he wants that, then I’ll dump him and he can date a pornstar.
    • Robertcw

There’s a misconception porn only contains porn stars.

Recently the trend in the industry is to get ordinary but pretty girls to do a casting video and publish it on free sites like pornhub.

They film ordinary sex positions with no craziness. It’s literally ‘watch a pretty 20 year old have sex.’

Old fashioned porn is going out of style pretty quickly.

• Anonymous
    The simpler explanation minus the psychobabble nonsense:
    Because we're horny, it turns us on and we jack off to it.
  • Anonymous
    I don't wanna know that. I'll just pretend it's not true and he can keep it to himself. Just like women have stuff men dont wanna know.
    • Cokebottle

I don't mind knowing that stuff, in fact, the more the merrier, that way I know how to deal with it

• Anonymous

@Cokebottle really? I wouldn't wanna know everything.

• Cokebottle

if you keep things from people, and you go behind their back on certain things, that makes them distrust you

• Anonymous
    Guys who are in relationships but don't watch porn or masturbate have no choice but to take all that built up sexual energy out on their wives and have a better sex life. this I know from real couples I've met. looking at other women or men and lusting after them is not the same as porn. one can't be cotrolled, the other can.
    • What if they love their wives, but over time their wives sex drive dips while the man's is still high? I'm sure a man who loves his wife will not want to end things as a serious relationship is or should be more than sex. But there will be built up horniness and if so a man will really want to get off or else be very unhappy. If his wife only wants sex once a week of the desire is far apart. He'll want to get off other ways which would be masturbation. And guys go to porn because it's the easiest way and convenient to get off. A guy can go from his spank bank, but that's not much different. A dude is probably jerking off on some hot chick he saw at a store in yoga pants with a great ass or the hot female celebrity on tv, etc.

• Anonymous

@brennanhuff he can masturbate, watching porn is not necessary for that, you are just making excuses. and fantasising about somebody in yoga pants will not make things better with your wife. sex once a week is still quite good. better save all that energy and use it on her. eventually her drive will go high again.

• Anonymous
    Men who don't watch porn, satisfy their needs and fantasies by cheating. So girls be happy if your guy watches porn.
    • Watching Porn stars and cheating with an random girl have absolutely nothing in common except a selfish man...

• Anonymous

@SouthernExposure no, actually porn has nothing to do with selfishness. the thing in common here is that both guys are satisfying their fantasies (and all human beings have those, humans are not monogamous by nature, its a biological fact).

• Well then maybe you should be with a girl who can satisfy your needs instead of hurting someone who doesn't deserve to be cheated on.