14 d

Stop shaming people who do not masturbate

Anonymous

For years, masturbation has been seen as something to be shamed for. It was unmoral and people doing it were seen as "dirty". Now, after people stopped listening to the church, it changed completely. Now our society is totally sex-centered, and with that comes viewing people who don't masturbate as weird. But I must tell you that shaming people who don't do it is JUST AS BAD as shaming people who do it.

1. "It is completely natural!"

Well if it is so much natural as eating or sleeping, then why can so many people live without it? Why do asexual people or people with small sex drives exist in the first place? Are they some kind of aliens? Nope. Not masturbating is just as natural. And it is not comparable to eating or sleeping, as nobody as ever died from the lack of onanism, as far as I'm aware...

2. "It's healthy for you to explore your sexuality!"

To this I can only give the same arguments as to the previous point. Nobody has ever actually died from not touching themselves. Also, most of the people who do not masturbate (including myself) have already tried it. They have already explored their bodies. And they discovered "nah, it's not for me". What else is there to say? Another annoying thing is the "you just probably haven't found a way that's pleasurable for you". I have tried ALL podsible ways. It probably gives me pleasure, but I feel no need to ever repeat it again. I barely even think about doing it when nobody mentions it.

3. "99% people masturbate and the remaining 1% is lying" or "those who never masturbate must be weird"

Welp, how about I tell you to mind your business and stop commenting on people's private lives? It's actually true. If someone says that they don't like strawberries, are they weird? No, it's just their personal experience. If someone stands in the bathtub instead of sitting while bathing, are they weird? Nope. It is something that doesn't even matter this much. If these two things do not matter, then why make such a big deal of someone not masturbating? It's their personal choice. And I can actually also call you a "weirdo" for commenting on someone's private life that doesn't affect you in any way.

If you don't want to be shamed for having sex or masturbating, why shame someone for not wanting to have sex or masturbate? It really goes both ways. Another thing is that some people automatically assume you don't want to receive sexual pleasure because of the church. This does also not necessarily need to be true. And even if it is, why bother? If it doesn't affect you, why won't you let others make their own decisions? People have the right to believe whatever they want. If you believe God allows masturbation, it's just as fine as believing that God does not allow it.

So in the end, please stop shaming those who don't masturbate. They are people, just like you.

18
3

Most Helpful Guys

• dantheman1118
    Small disclaimer before I start. During this comment, none of what I say is aimed at "attacking" you or being a cyber bully. That is not my intention but it may or may not seem that way. I'm not even coming close to get you to do anything or encourage anything. I need to share a little knowledge with you and it might seem like I am but I just feel no one has told you some things that you should probably hear.

1. Something being natural and living without something are 100% not the same thing. The larger majority of things that are natural have zero Impact on you living yourself. There is no real relation between being told something is natural and living without it. Your first paragraph is invalid.

2. "Nobody has actually ever died from not touching themselves"... Did you just say that? I almost think you're just effin with us a little bit now. Is this for real? I have the same response depending if it's real or you're messing around and it's "stop it" that's it. Just stop it.

3. Here is the deal with the internet and it has a 100% correct answer rate with the internet and it's two pArts. First is you will NEVER always have the same opinions as everyone on the internet. That's that easy. And the second part Is (excuse my French) people on the internet are assholes. It's just like real life but a lot worse because when on the internet people don't have faces. That makes people have way more radical opinions. If you have conflicting views just don't respond unless you want their radical views.

My point is don't give them the power to make you feel shamed. Either just walk away from it or stay and fight the battle. But just know you will never agree with everyone on the internet and people get as loud as they possibly can over nothing. Unless you got thick skin it may be the best to walk away.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Jean-Marie_Céline
    Finally someone wrote this, thank you!
    As someone who almost never masturbates, I always ran into the wall of the quotes and shaming you mentioned, especially from girlfriends and romantic partners who said they "understood" only to turn back with those exact quotes.
    My fiancée even accused me of "acting" it on purpose to rile her up, even after she accompanied me to therapy for my anxiety and this topic came up.
    Is this still revelant?
    • OddBeMe

Why don’t you masturbate? Seems like a lot of stress is building up in your life.

• @OddBeMe I was taught to not do it since I stepped into puberty and as a result I don't really have the wish or enjoy it. I have other ways to destress.

• OddBeMe

Do you think there’s something wrong with masturbating? Like sin wise? Or you just have no urge to do it?

Most Helpful Girls

• DeeDeeDeVour
    I honestly believe that masturbation is a big thing here on G@G only. Most people I know "out in the real world" aren't into masturbation. I think people who refrain from playing with themselves should be proud of themselves.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I don't agree lol everyone talks about it in the real world I actually think it is weird if someone doesn't do it because everyone does!

• @Jackpot777s: "Everyone" is such an exaggeration. No. I beg to differ.

• Ok 99.9% of everyone then lol

• HerLucidNightt
    what up with the feet pic
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

116
  • wankiam
    I've never personally come across anyone who would exhibit any judgement over someones choice to refrain but if they do exist i do share the sentiment of the post in the same way i think those that choose to masturbate all the time should be free of judgement too
  • alleng12345
    I have never experienced shaming of someone who doesn't masturbate. Shaming, in general, is bullying and I do not approve of it. If you don't masturbate, be proud of yourself and fuck those people giving you shit for living your own life. It's your life, try to ignore them or just remove them from your life. Easier said than done, but that is shitty to hear that happens.
  • JohnWickman
    In my professional opinion, you NEED to masturbate at least twice a day. Why? Because after reading your post I've come to the sad conclusion that you are wound up tighter than a top. You need to loosen up some. A few orgasms a day through daily masturbation for at least 6 months oughtta do it.
  • FatherJack
    "99% people masturbate and the remaining 1% is lying" , that really applies to males only , and probably a lot more than 1% don't. A lot of women have little - no desire for sex and do not masturbate , female sex drive is much lower , on average , than the male.
    • I started when I was like 8 and never looked back 2☺

• ShadowofRegret
    Good take! And I certainly agree!

It is ridiculous trying to make it seem like some kind of crime just because someone doesn't do stuff like that.
  • 0112358
    It’d part of a general societal trend to not accept that wildly different sex drives exist, as accepting them would introduce the idea that sexual compatibility is important, which breaks traditional assumptions around sex.
    • You must be Mormon!

• 0112358

@JohnWickman I’m Mormon because I think sexual compatibility is important and people don’t automatically have it?

• I must've read that wrong. I thought it said sexual compatibility was not important

• Dchrls78104
    Excellent take. I would like to add, Stop shaming virgin males and stop shaming straight men who are against homosexuality. Nothing is wrong with being straight or a virgin---or not masturbating!
    • goaded

Tasty sh*t sandwich, there. Especially as a comment on a take saying essentially "mind your own business".

The bread, wholemeal, handmade, and wholesome:
      "Stop shaming virgin males"
      "Nothing is wrong with being straight or a virgin---or not masturbating!"

It's just the filling:
      "stop shaming straight men who are against homosexuality."
      Why? It's none of their business what other people do. No-one is being forced into being homosexual, and being against it is necessarily butting into other people's lives.

• @goaded Well put, I did a double-take at those 4 words and actually said, 'What the fuck?".

• goaded

@alleng12345 Thank you.

• Gedaria
    It is possible that there are people who don't. To be honest I haven't come across one that hasn't done it in some part of their life...
  • Daniel_Dano
    I am a person who mastrubates too much and I must tell you mastrubation is not healthy at all , stopping mastrubation will clean your mind, sadly I'm addicted to it.
  • Meropatrick
    Well until recently i was aware that people who do masturbate get shamed
  • OddBeMe
    Immoral. Not unmoral. Have to go now, masturbating...
    • Love your masturbation response. Made my day!! Now I have to go masturbate!!

• Anonymous

It's your private life

• lazermazer
    Nice take. I know few people who don't or their fequency is very low. There's nothing wrong with it.
  • lawhawk84
    What's your question?
    • Anonymous

Are you lost? This is a MyTake

• wankiam

someone doesn't know what mytakes are and thought he was being clever lol

• shouldeye
    everyone masturbates
    • Anonymous

Not at all. I don't

• shouldeye

good luck

• Debs1
    I totally agree with you
  • dthomas89
    i'll shame whoever i want to shame
  • Anonymous
    I don’t hear people saying that but whatever.

Here’s a line you can quote for you Take: Stop complaining.