9 d

Why isn't there Straight Pride month?

kaylaS91

It’s that time of the year again; rainbow-covered items have begun popping up around town, be they banners on street-posts or items in stores that have a rainbow-themed pattern with ‘PRIDE’ plastered somewhere on it. It feels like it’s been an annual thing for some years now, or as far as I can recall since I went to that giant ‘pride parade’ downtown what might’ve been a good ten years ago by now.

Also the time when I often hear fellow workmates or friends scoff at the idea of it being ‘gay pride’ month. Turning down my suggestions that we dip downtown and check out the parade because, ‘why is there no straight pride parade?’ Or if they’re typically a good bit older, saying they’re not interested in checking out ‘gay propaganda’.

Now, I never really bothered to look into the answers to why there is so much media about LGBTQ+ pride. How come we never read or hear about the same things having gone on in our parents or grandparents time, save for Woodstock? I mean, there’s typically a catalyst of some sort for every movement that really kicks it into motion so colour me surprised when I read up on the history behind gay pride month.

Why isnt there Straight Pride month?

Gay Americans living in the 1950s and 1960s faced an anti-gay legal system. Homosexual groups in the U.S. at that time sought to show that gay people could be assimilated into society, favouring non-confrontational education for homosexuals and heterosexuals alike.

There were very few establishments who welcomed gay people. The ones that did were usually bars, namely The Stonewall Inn. The Stonewall Inn was run by the Mafia, and was known to be popular among the poorest and most marginalized people in the gay community: butch lesbians, effeminate young men, drag queens, male prostitutes, and transgender people.. In the fall of 1959, the New York police force began closing down the city's gay bars, which had numbered almost two dozen in Manhattan at the beginning of the year.

The election of John Lindsay as mayor in 1965 signaled a major shift in NYC politics, and a new attitude toward sexual behaviors began changing the social atmosphere of New York.

On April 21, 1966, it was declared that it was illegal for homosexuals to congregate and be served alcoholic beverages in bars.

An example of when these laws had been upheld is when Gloria's, a bar that had been closed for such violations, fought the case in court and lost. Prior to this change in the law, the business of running a gay/lesbian bar would often involve paying bribes to the police and Mafia.

Regardless, most gay bars were quickly closed and new ones lasted only a short time. Despite police raids on gay bars being almost routine throughout the 1960s, officers quickly lost control of the situation at the Stonewall Inn on June 28, 1969.

Why isnt there Straight Pride month?

And so it began…

In the early hours of the morning, five uniformed police officers joined forces with four undercover police, who were already stationed inside the bar.

Because the patrol wagons responsible for transporting the arrested patrons and the alcohol from the bar took longer than expected, the raid did not go as planned. This little bit of extra time was all that was needed for a crowd of released patrons and by-standers to grow outside of the Inn. The crowd swelled as the night went on. So much so that the police officers eventually became so afraid of the crowd that they refused to leave the bar for up to 45 minutes!

The straw that broke the camel’s back in what had been building up for years was when a woman in handcuffs was escorted from the door of the bar to the waiting police wagon several times. She managed to get out of the wagon and proceeded to repeatedly fight with four of the police, swearing and shouting. Bystanders recalled that the woman sparked the crowd to fight when she looked at bystanders and shouted,

"Why don't you guys do something?!"

Why isnt there Straight Pride month?

After an officer picked her up and heaved her into the back of the wagon, the crowd became explosively violent.

As riots typically go, the more the police force tried to restrain some of the crowd, knowing a few people down, the more riled up bystanders became. The riots would go on to escalate to the point where the Tactical Police Force (TPF) of the New York City Police Department were called in to help free the police officers trapped inside the Stonewall.

Tensions between New York City police and gay residents of Greenwich Village erupted into more protests the next evening, and again several nights later. Within weeks, Village residents quickly organized into activist groups to concentrate efforts on establishing places for gay men and lesbians to be open about their sexual orientation without fear of being arrested.

After the Stonewall riots had quieted down, gay men and lesbians in New York City faced gender, race, class, and generational obstacles to finally being able to become a more cohesive community. Within six months, two gay activist organizations were formed in New York. A year after the uprising, to mark the anniversary on June 28, 1970, the first gay pride marches took place in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. The anniversary of the riots was also commemorated in Chicago and similar marches were organized in other cities. Within a few years, gay rights organizations were founded across the U.S. and the world.

Google maps now provides a real-time tracker of gay-pride parades on a global level

CUE LGBT PRIDE MONTH BEING CELEBRATED ON A GLOBAL LEVEL

LGBT Pride Month occurs in the United States to commemorate the Stonewall riots, which occurred at the end of June 1969. As a result, many pride events are held during this month to recognize the impact LGBT people have had in the world. Beginning in 2012, Google even displayed some LGBT-related search results with different rainbow-colored patterns each year during June. In 2017, Google also included rainbow coloured streets on Google Maps to display Gay Pride marches occurring across the world.

Why isnt there Straight Pride month?

So, back to the question- why is there no month or festivities celebrating being straight?

Because Congress has yet to pass a law requiring people to hide the fact they are straight. The streets are not filled with children who have been kicked out of their homes for being straight. It’s not the norm to see stories in the news in which someone has been beaten, tied to a fence and left to die or shot in the face at point blank range because they were straight.

Gay pride month may seem like a band-aid solution to raising more awareness for the LGBTQ+ community to many, but remember; it was the norm to be arrested for nothing more than belonging to such communities less than a century ago!

As a result, it seems pretty fitting that every liberty be celebrated.

Why isnt there Straight Pride month?

EDIT- the title was intended to be nothing more than click-bait. I was aware that there's no need to raise awareness for an orientation/gender-identity that is held by the majority. However, my curiosity definitely got the best of me when I heard many peers/coworkers asking the question in all seriousness. Hence, I took it upon myself to look into the history behind 'gay pride month' and learn more about what actual events were involved in how it came to be.

Why isn't there Straight Pride month?
78
29

Most Helpful Girl

• WildButterflyKiss
    Men who have sex with other men, whether they are gay or bisexual, are at a greater risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. Nearly half of all new cases of HIV, for instance, are in gay and bisexual men. African American men carry the greatest burden. HIV is not the only risk and these men are also at risk for HPV, the human papilloma virus, which can cause cancer, and hepatitis. Syphilis, another sexually transmitted infection has also been on the rise in recent years, especially in large cities.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) have been rising among gay and bisexual men, with increases in syphilis being seen across the country. In 2014, gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men accounted for 83% of primary and secondary syphilis cases where sex of sex partner was known in the United States. Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men often get other STDs, including chlamydia and gonorrhea infections. HPV (Human papillomavirus), the most common STD in the United States, is also a concern for gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men. Some types of HPV can cause genital and anal warts and some can lead to the development of anal and oral cancers. Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men are 17 times more likely to get anal cancer than heterosexual men. Men who are HIV-positive are even more likely than those who do not have HIV to get anal cancer.

• ubitew755

your reply isn't a response to the question itself

• You're correct and a recent experienced highlighted how big the concern is. I went for a check-up at the end of last year, to check for any sexually transmitted diseases. What I found interesting was how many times the doctor wanted to confirm if I had sex with a man before the tests, he sought confirmation four different times. This is a medically trained expert, one of his main concerns was if I had been in a homosexual relationship. We encourage such behaviour that has serve health problems going forward.

Most Helpful Guys

• Sparda20xx
    Let me ask you something. When were straight people denied marriage rights, the right to adopt children, harassed because they were straight, and denied many basic human rights. Pride month celebrates equality of gay people. Straight people were never oppressed, therefore you don't need a month.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Define mental illness. Also what makes you qualified to call someone mentally ill. Is it mental illness because this goes against your narrative? Because I've done both MRI/MRS of both straight and gay people and there are no structural differences beyond individual, differences. Furthermore scientific research, clinicians and nurse disagree with you. So I ask you again, beyond your own prejudice, what makes you an expert in mental health.

• Also you made a mistake, I'm not gay, I'm à straight person of color. But being a person of color, I understand people denying you basic rights simply because of who you are.

• kaylaS91

.. I see the obvious sarcasm in the title went right over your head as you answered the question by copy-pasting the key points I made in the take.

• Nadim171
    Because we don't need to go around screaming at people to feel good about ourselves. We're straight. That's the way we are and we don't have to brag about it. Gay pride marches are like vegans going around telling everyone that they're vegan. They can keep it to themselves.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2876
  • someginger
    Bc no one has ever been killed or harassed for being straight, also it has never been illegal to be stright. Pride mouth is to show that gay people exist and to help educated people.

Until it just became a way of companys to make money
  • StephenCF
    Straight people were never socially or politically persecuted for being straight. Sure, they can be proud of who they are, but why celebrate the norm through a parade? Gay people do have something to celebrate and that’s progress for their rights in some countries but not all 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Blondeandfree
    God created us man and woman, that’s the way it is. So we don’t have to be yelling people around the world: hey look at me I’m just as it was meant to be. And those people ask us to be tolerant about their believing and they’re the firsts to criticize us straight or catholic people. Things should equal as for them as for us. All tolerant and respectful of each other.
  • CikaZivan
    I just love how Russia is taking actions in preventing mental illness spreading to their kids. The Russian government's stated purpose for the law is to protect children from being exposed to homosexuality—content presenting homosexuality as being a norm in society—under the argument that it contradicts traditional family values. The statute amended the country's child protection law and the Code of the Russian Federation on Administrative Offenses, to criminalize the distribution of "propaganda of non-traditional sexual relationships" among minors. This definition includes materials that "raises interest in" such relationships, cause minors to "form non-traditional sexual predispositions", or "[present] distorted ideas about the equal social value of traditional and non-traditional sexual relationships." Businesses and organizations can also be forced to temporarily cease operations if convicted under the law, and foreigners may be arrested and detained for up to 15 days then deported, or fined up to 5,000 rubles and deported.
  • Marilynjuana
    You answered your own Q, the point of the pride is to bring awareness for the people who sometimes are mistreated for who they are. Straight people rarely do as it is the norm in our society.
    • kaylaS91

it was a rhetorical 'question'.
      Thanks for answering it again

• chriscdi
    because humans are stupid, they are trying to normalize something that if we deep down think of it, it isn't normal, now of course its something we shouldn't judge and treat people bad for but its not normal and they just want to force everyone to accept its normal when it isn't, im guessing being straight is already normal and accepted so they dont have a month for it, would be cool if they did tho ha
    • MasRus

Wow Chris. SMH.

• Prof_Don

Such a bigoted statement.

Annoyed and angry because a group doesn’t want to be marginalized and oppressed. 🙄

• chriscdi

its the truth

• bluehen46
    Liberals do not need to pander for straight votes. If they did there would be. I have often said if you follow the "evolution' of the party on gay marriage and illegal immigration you might see why i say if pedophila is ever legal it will be because liberals find a way to turn it into votes.
    • Annarosa

The age of consent is 16 in some states so why would having sex with 8 year olds ever be legal? This guy.

• NaultD
    Being heterosexual was never a crime. Never a death sentence by hanging.
    Not even a public lynching offense has been recorded. I'm also going to guess more gay people will know the straight flag then straight people.

So if the majority of strait people don't even recognize a symbolic flag pattern will they even participate in a day let alone a mouth? That's the whole point of making a day or a mouth of something, is participation.
  • WadeDanielSmith2
    I'm never going to accept faggots and I'm always going to vehemently oppose the homosexual/transsexual movements.

Homosexuality is a form of insanity, and it should be treated that way.

It's like two lesbians eating one another's ass. Only an INSANE person would do that.
    • First, insanity is doing a repeating an action but expecting a, different result. Another definition of insanity includes the inability to conduct oneself due to psychosis or subject to uncontrollable impuslive behavior. How does attraction to the same sex differ from attraction to the opposite that aligns with the definition I presented. At best you could pseudo argue that it's not natural. I used pseudo argue because there are several cases of homosexuality in nature.

• thekissesofthesun
    Good question. I've asked this question myself. And then I realised I never got to be bullied for being straight. I never got to be mistreated for being straight. My "straightness" was never considered non-normal. I never had to fight for my own rights cause they were never taken for being straight. Having kids is a gift given to me, and I never have to struggle for it (well except if diseases or other stuff happen). I don't have to hide the fact that I have a boyfriend. I don't have to act like I like girls. You see, in overall : I have nothing to fight for and thus nothing to be proud of.
    The pride month is celebrating what you achieved after fighting for a long time. Like coming out after you fought for a long time to keep it a secret. Like being open in public. Like getting married, and adopting kids, and having your own family. For a straight person like me, this is not as difficult as for a gay person. And if they manage to live happily with their partner then they made it. And they should feel proud of that.
  • BurnHollywoodBurn
    Because the people who rule the world want LGBT people out there to control the population. They also want to brainwash little kids with it so they end up being LGBT. It is all a huge scam and not to mention very disgusting.
  • dublin_sexyeyes0
    Im sick of it. Firstly i detest labels... divide and conquer and idiots fall for it. But also its a social agenda to keep us fighting against each other. I am disturbed by how its creeoing into children schooling at an age where they think more about climbing trees than their fucking sexuality. All part of Agenda 21/30.
  • Prof_Don
    Straight / heterosexual is the status quo, the standard of “normal” , and the majority.

Awareness for the normal and abundant is not needed!

Awareness is needed for the minority / alternative, because said groups face discrimination due to not being “normal / status quo”.
  • Mishan97
    Love this post ❤️ I think it’s good to spread information that we were not taught in school normally because many people do not understand the struggle gay people went through to feel accepted. Being educated about these matters makes people more compassionate
  • MissDawn7961
    male and female created he ( God ) him ! male and female created he ( God ) them ! God destroyed Sodom and Ghmorah for their giving up the natural use of the women and the man ! when to of the same sex get come together sexually they will get sexually transmitted disease ! for God gave man a penis and a woman a vagina so that they could come together for a baby ! homos and lesbians can not have a baby and they know it ! thanks
  • demurefaithe
    Straight people have holidays already originally dedicated to them. Its the traditional way of life so why take pride in that? LGBT+ have fought for awareness and haven't stopped until laws were changed in favor of it. Thats what taking pride in is about, knowing you will be discriminated against but know you wouldn't want it any other way, because thats who you are. Same thing with black and minority pride. Its not the norm and hasn't been, thats why we fight.
  • GlitterFairy16
    Im not no SJW but it super annoying when people say stuff like that. People who are straight have never been discriminated against purely base on their sexuality. I have never heard of a straight person being disowned by their family, killed, beaten, imprisoned or fired because of their sexuality.

The only thing that slightly annoys me about pride is that when they have parades it's mostly half naked people twerking with a dildo on the head or something like that, that paint all gay people with the same brush and stops them from being taken seriously. Not all gay people acts outrageously flamboyant most are normal people like everyone else and i feel like nothing ever comes from these pride months, nothing is ever achieved instead its seen as a excuse to party, when there is still lots of work that needs to be done with Society and the gay community for example they could be raising awareness for gay abuse and murder victims that the police have been ignoring for years and religious and cultural persecution against gay people.
    • Twenty2

Why should gay people have pride in being gay? Being gay isn't an achievement.

• @Twenty2 honestly im a 16 year old girl and didn't invent pride. I don't really see it as a big deal myself, gay people are just people these days like everyone else in most civilised countries but i can also understand why they'd want to stand together and tell the world they are not ashamed of who they are to help others who are struggling to come out.

I have a gay friend and his family are very old fashioned i remember him being absolutely terrified of being to be the person he wanted to be, out and proud. He didn't want people seeing or treating him differently just because of his sexuality to the point hed tried to commit suicide multiple times. As one of his friends he came out to it was heart breaking to see. Eventually he got the help he needed and met people like him, who let him feel normal and himself without judgement.

I think pride is more about supporting each other to be there self with out fear of being judge in a safe place.

You might not want to amit this but it's a lot easier being straight, you have no one making jokes behind your back about your sexuality, you don't have to care of what you're friends and family might think and your sexuality is just seen as normal by most people. No one would blink a eye if you turned around and said you like women.

In some community it is still very scary coming out as gay and terrible things are still happening to gay people to date. you just don't hear about it on the news.

Its exactly brave coming out as gay and pride encourages others to be brave and come out i guess is the conclusion of all of it.

• I highly recommen you watch some of these videos and possibly educate yourself on how being gay is still extremely dangerous for many people around the world to be open about.

I even remember watching one documentary about a gang in Russia cat fishing young gay men on dating apps and kidnapping them and torturing them and filming it to put online. Mainly videos including them stripping these men naked beating them and throwing boiling hot water on them.

https://youtu.be/AZ_aSl3ktjg

https://youtu.be/kbdNh6p8RKo
      https://youtu.be/fnuBGF5-Gdc
      https://youtu.be/ouE8NnLH1_0

• MysteriousDarkness
    The reason for pride parads are because the LGBT community has been bullied, harrassed, oppressed, beaten, abused tortured, killed for not being heterosexual. I see many on here are a part of the problem for wanting for hating themn calling them faggots, thinking they are immoral etc.
  • DocT1977
    Nothing superior happened here. Who people bed down with is none of my business. Gays don't want me bringing my bedroom politics to them, well, it's time for that to be a two way street. Live their lives and leave everyone else out of it.
  • Liam_Hayden
    Having months devoted to specific groups is a great way for the elites to keep us separated so that we do not notice how much they are screwing us over.
    • Four idiots downvoted you because they are too retarded to understand what you said , the elites absolutely love these idiots

• godfatherfan
    Because we are all sitting around wondering "if everyone is supposed to be equal, why do all these groups need a parade to separate themselves from everyone else?"
  • HungLikeAHorsefly
    Man, I was all ready to waltz in here and be like "every month is straight fucking pride month, you ditzy bitch" but then you turned it all around and talked about Stonewall. Good job.
  • Kaneki05
    Why isn't there Straight Pride Month? Easy answer cause LGBTQ+ community separate themselves from straight people which in it's self is them trying to avoid been all 1 in 1 maybe one day they will realize this simple fact and just call it been normal and not needing a whole LGBTQ+ thing? Cause it would be really dumb for it to be SLGBTQ+ S of course been straight.
  • BCA6010
    None of those types of months/holidays should exist. Celebrate a handful of people who made major impacts on the evolution of a nation, period.

Nobody is special solely for existing.
  • Why would their be a straight pride month, straight people weren’t tortured and killed and mass murdered for wanting to love who they want. Pride month is about bringing awareness.
  • _SOARER
    Pride is a sin.
    Having pride in sodomy is even more egregious.
    No one asks anymore what is right, or what ought to be.

Straight pride month would be ridiculous, but even more ridiculous is being proud of sodomy.
  • superQ
    You know June the month where you're supposed to be proud of how gay you are? Well, to be honest I don't have much to be proud about. For me they oughtta just call it shame month.
  • DaddyRollingStone
    My straight pride is being able to conceive a child with my partner and have a family related by blood and also have sex without getting HIV.

Gay pride month is a corporate marketing tool so that you feel reassured that your conformity into the new social norm is accepted and safe. Ultimately they want you to spend money
    • Kitz95

You’re free to think whatever you’d like, but don’t spread HIV misinformation. Are you stuck in the 80s or something?

• David_Kek

@Kitz95 "bug chasers", look it up.

• Kitz95

@David_Kek What about it? It still doesn’t change the fact that gay sex isn’t the only way to get HIV. For all he know he’s wife can cheat on get HIV and give it to him. Don’t be stupid.

• lightbulb27
    Because parades are for people who feel they need to make a statement or we should. It makes them feel good... ok. Amazing how many there are... nature doesn't make sense sometimes.
  • Bethmelan123
    If you are Christian and believe in God, read the book of Romans. Being gay is a sin!
    • It's very true!

• @Trooper205
      The bible was written by male human beings.

• That is also very true.

• Smashingdoozy
    Great my take. It really saddens me to read the comments on this and see how many people are so anti lgbt. Love is love ✌🌈
  • Miristheiss
    Because clearly who we are aexually attracted to is worthy of no pride, no interest, no concern or acknowledgement in any way at all.
    Are you gay?
    I do not give a crap.
    Rainbows are a beautiful sign in nature, I do not assign them or acknowledge them in any way as being stolen by those obsessed with proclaiming their stupid sex lives.
    I am basically sick of bitching victim groups.
    Anyone who knows a lot of world history knows how freaking blessed anyone in the USA is... that is why MILLIONS are always trying to come here.
    Any improvements the USA needs?
    Those are done by tweaks in the most successful, free country.
    To hell with all those who want a revolution and to tear it all down.
    Those who know history knows how horrific all these historical revolutions were.
  • G3tAClue
    Because straight people have never had to fight for their right to get married.
    • Hmmm you can fight for something that doesn’t allow you to reproduce

• They do it all the time when they trying to attract someone they love

• G3tAClue

But has it ever been illegal? Have straight people been persecuted on the streets for it?

• Trooper205
    Being Gay used to be Disgraceful.
    But long before that, in the days of the Roman Empire, it was popular. So was Murder. Incest. Crime.
    Say hello to the new America.
  • All the other months are straight pride month.
    Not until straight people become the persecuted minority.

We don't have wealthy ceo day as well, do we?
  • crmoore
    Because they don't want equality, they want accentuation.
  • snowboarder720
    I feel that ‘Pride’ is something you have that you’ve been discriminated against for having.
    Since straight people have NEVER been discriminated against for being straight, having a Straight Pride event is useless. If anything it’s proving how fragile your feelings are for not feeling included... which is exactly what the LGBTQ+ has been fighting for since their beginning; to feel included.

If there ever is a Straight Pride anything, they deserve to be laughed at, they deserve to feel like shit when they do, because only then they’ll have an IDEA of what it’s like to live in the shoes of an LGBTQ+ 🏳️‍🌈 member.
  • Sucks huh. Not that I even care to celebrate it but being white , straight, and no interest at all in feminism I dont get any parades or fun month partys 😆
  • SicilianSlice
    Not reading that whole novel, but there isn't a "Straight Pride" month because it would be deemed offensive to those that have one of the million upon millions of different sexual orientations, by democrats
  • 4eyes2mouths
    Because they get the whole year of not having to fight for their right
  • CasaNorba
    being straight is not a nwo thing, therefore it will never get any sort of pride and attention
  • youknowbetter
    When you celebrate “gay pride” you are literally telling everybody about your sex life. Most people don’t want nor care about that. You said you didn’t want to be judged for what you do in the bedroom but yet you want attention for it.

Also I find it real curious that there are pride marches and mass celebrations going on right now and there isn’t one peep about COVID-19 transmission at these things. Just like BLM protests I guess covid-19 is magically “woke” and somehow doesn’t infect these participants (cough)
  • talltom94
    Because we don't need it, there's still about 150 countries in the world where you can be imprisoned or even killed for being gay whereas there's not a single country where being straight is illegal.
  • slatyb
    Beautifully written. Perhaps you should write professionally.
  • Daniela1982
    They should stand in line. They have not been discriminated against any more than the Jews have been. They really jewed that guy, or like with the Gypsies, being gypped. Indians too were discriminated against for a long time and still are in places. In fact so were Italians (wops, dagos), Chinese ( chinks or baby munchers ), we know what the Blacks went through. Mexicans (spics) , Russians (commies or cossaks) , Japanese ( Nips, Japs, Cheese Nip) - you get the picture. So why do gays think they deserve this entitlement over any other race, gender, or sexual preference that has been discriminated against? Do you see Japanese marching down the street with the rising sun flag? Or Russians with the hammer an sickle flag? So please, exactly why do they get all these rights straights and races get?
  • Daniel3035
    Exactly. Why do you feel the need to express it there's a difference between feeling comfortable and feeling the need to shout it out. And shouting it out usually suggests an underlying problem.
    • neilsmart

There is an underlying problem - bigoted morons spewing homophobic hate towards gay people.

• @neilsmart Yes but doing this won't fix that a parade etc is to advertise to the world it's existence not stop homophobic behaviour you would use a procession to have laws reformed if anything.

• neilsmart

Actually no, the whole point is to reform attitudes by showing uneducated bigots that gay people exist - the more gay people they see the more they realise, actually there is nothing to fear, they are decent normal people just like everyone else. They aren't parading to annoy you, they are doing it to help each other be more accepted - why do you have such a huge problem with gay people - can't you just let people live the way the want without passing judgement? Nobody is telling you that you're very existence is wrong and that you can't be yourself so why do it others?

• Julietchicago
    Because straight people are not discriminated against
  • Ellie-V
    If you heteros feel like celebrating, do it. Or don’t. Literally your choice.
  • ItzNiikoBi
    because you have had thousands of years and even today you get 11 months to be as openly straight as you want. The LGBT community STILL doesn't have the same rights everyone else does, so there really isn't a need for one.
  • EmeraldEbony
    It's already in the "social norm" to be straight. The LGBTQ community have been ridiculed of such behavior for a while now. I just lost my train of thought😩🧠