1 mo

Come one... cum all? - Poly/Open relationships & why I support the lifestyle.

KloexJayne

"To live is an awfully big adventure..."

"Snow white" all grown up...
"Snow white" all grown up...

An open relationship is defined as being an intimate relationship between two or more people that is not sexually monogamous.

However when you actually speak to people who live the lifestyle, each and every perspective differs drastically. Personally I believe that as long as you are openly honest about your interactions then it should not really matter if emotions also play a role in a quick one night stand, provided that that's all it is and your main partner stays exactly just that...

I also believe that those who put down the lifestyle by using words statement's like, "they just want to have their cake and eat it too", or "it's an insult to their partner, how could they feel like they are enough?'... are merely projecting their own judgements and painting the lifestyle in a negative manner all because they do not agree with it, which absolutely makes my blood boil as to me that's a petty form of manipulative behaviour to try and control the other person, which leads to us asking ourselves "at what point does the compromising become a twisted game at a bid for power and control over the other"...

I believe that we aren't going to be around for long and should enjoy every experience possible and if the opportunity arises, I don't believe a ring should come between two people being intimate with one another. I'm not trying to preach love and happiness by tree hugging or humping everyone you see, but I do believe that being intimate with a person and creating a bond through that connection should be something that's shared when felt not swept under the rug in shame...

What are your thoughts?

26
8

Most Helpful Girl

• Alpha09
    A lot of people will not agree or will say this and that about how it won't work, but that's simply because it doesn't work for THEM. what works for you may not work for me, or vise versa that's just life. People will always have something to say anitry to tell you how to live your life, but in the end are they even relevant? No. I definitely agree they can work for some people, others simply just don't understand and probably never will because it's just not for them. Do what works for you, that's what is important and that's the only way you will be happy.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

726
  • Kurαȷ
    "Poly" relationships aren't relationships, it's just promiscuity.
    Relationships are defined by exclusivity and romantic attachment, neither of which is a factor in "open relationships".

Just call it what it is - "I have a bunch of friends with benefits".
  • Finchie40
    It’s fine if you never want to experience true love in your life , and only love yourself , and choose to be selfish and taking the chances of receiving STD’s , Most open relationships do not last cuz it isn’t a real relationship , I was in one with 2 girls that were bi and in a relationship with each other. in the beginning I felt like the luckiest guy cuz I was having wild sex with these girls and partying with them to me it was just fun at the time but as time went on a shit ton of drama started happening they started allowing others to join us guys and girls and their home turned into a wild orgy to the point it was just dirty , there was no romantic connection it was just people getting off on each other , watching those girls get fucked by other guys in front of me was a huge turn off I didn’t even want to touch them anymore all I saw was sluts written all over their face I ended up leaving and thinking to myself this isn’t who I am , they called me and asked me to come back over and I kept making excuses to not go , long story short they aren’t even a couple anymore the 1 girl met a guy and got pregnant by him and the other girl disappeared , so open relationships are fake it isn’t a real relationship it’s selfish people getting off on each other
    • DavidHart

Kind of agree with this.
      That kind of Open Relationship is too much even for me.

• Kaneki05
    In the end it is not wrong if everyone in it is consenting and knowing what there doing. Like how on earth does it effect me if some guy/girl wants to date more than one person and some is okay with that and then they find someone else and they live happy ever after lol.
    But i personally i find love to be rare and special would rather be someone i love for life than multiple people i don't love. Loving 2 people at the same is possible for sure. But loving 3-6 that seems like a big stretch and more your just with others just cause sex and you like them but not love them.
    Myself only wants to love and be with one person forever but if she is Bi i am cool with her having fun with other girls cause honestly i only get jealous of guys but i would still hope she loves me true even if she loves maybe 1 other girl that's okay. But if she's like ah i love these 6 other people i would just kinda think she's lying and not trust her.
    If you want to have fun with 6 people just stay single with fuck buddies and don't ever say it's love cause i am 100% betting it ain't i could be wrong but love is kinda subjective to person so even if i am wrong it's still right to me personally that isn't love to me. But honestly it don't effect me if someone else is wanting that so basically i don't support it nor go ageist it. You do you.
  • PBandJ_Nerd
    For me personally, I would only consider a poly relationship if I wanted to have a family. But I would only bring a 3rd romantic partner if it came to sex, anybody else and I'd rather have it as more of kink activity (no sex in kink unless with my main partner). But this is more to help limit the spread of STDs, STIs, and pregnancy.
  • Don-_-Don
    I don't agree with it, having a woman in my life is something that I consider as a bonus in my life, it's not something that I need, especially to the point of wanting to be polygamous. My mind is rather always directed towards other things, things that I find more meaningful. All I need/ want is one woman. Wanting more is simply greed being at play if you ask me.
  • Thatsamazing
    People should be allowed to have sex with who they want, when they want. As long as they're responsible about it and no knocking-up or trading of STDs goes on. Forever-sexual-monogamy is boring, especially for males, which is a large reason why we don't want to "commit" much of the time. If females really care about their males, and want us to be satisfied and happy, they'll broach this subject with us.
  • Edanurus
    The type of connection I want in a relationship takes time and effort, the sort of connection you get from sex is weak and brittle. I believe that for a proper relationship you don't have time for anyone else.

If you want multiple partners then that's fine but for me, I want to find the person I want to spend the rest of my life with not the person that gets Tuesdays and Saturdays alternate weeks.
  • fall_angel-86
    I personally don't think I could do it although I would be willing to try. I would never knock down someone who is in such a relationship as what goes on behind closed doors is none of my business
  • Rexos
    What type of relationship you want is between you and your partner/s, and it annoys me that some people would try to convince you out of it for some "moral" reasons or because they don't understand how it can work.
    I don't know if this is something I'll try myself, it really depends on what kind of partner I find for myself, but I'm sure not gonna tell other people what they should do with their own relationships.
  • Jessie91331
    being stuck with 1 guy for life, no matter how good and wonderful he is would be mind numbing. Even if it was the same 2 or 3 or 7 guys... after awhile, boring. I think 1 month marriages would be great. 30 days max, then you move on to someone new... even better, have a few guys, like a group of co-husbands.
  • bamesjond0069
    I agree but i do think there are moral limitations. For example, i would not allow my gfs to sleep w other men. That is called cuckoldry and its morally wrong. I would also not want to be swinging gay because man on man is wrong (and lucky it doesn't interest me). Also i wouldn't want to have casual sex with a million girls. I know its my weakness but i dont think thats right. I do believe in commitments. But i do think one man and multiple women is very normal and both my girls agree.
  • ThomasTKay
    Polygamy (only married to multiple women) is the only relationship I support in addition to the traditional man/woman relationship.
  • Brian___1731
    Agree, there should only be one partner at a time. If you aren't feeling intimate towards them he/she isn't the right person for you.
    That's it
  • BeenThereLovedIt
    I'm all about poly lifestyles :) Monogamy is a destructive lie.
  • NyceGuyFinishingLast
    A lot of people think that they can handle an open marriage but in the long run it never works out for most. Either one of the partners catches deep feelings for someone they were intimate with and it causes issues. I know because it happened to me. I met this really amazing lady that was married and they were in an open relationship. The rules were no real life meeting, only online. But, things quickly changed and we met. Things were getting serious and they came through going to a wedding. We met and things were wonderful. They stopped on the way back through and her and I got a hotel room and spent the day and night with me. After that their marriage just went to shit. Now they are getting a divorce. I don't believe in coincidences. If you are wanting to have sexual relations then you either need to stay single or find someone and always have that risk of losing them. This type of situation is either a win/win or a lose/lose.
  • Rocco7070
    My god, these sound like my kinda people. I love open relationships, I was in one for 3 months, that is until my girlfriend found out she was in one too! Actually, I would like to be be with middle age couples, experienced enough but no diapers yet. Middle age women like teenage boys better than gfs do. I keep telling my girlfriend Im more than just another beautiful blonde body. Actually we dont talk like that. But older people do more advanced stuff for fun, such as going down from 3 women in 3 places!!! ever had that done to your ass? And middle age women appreciate a boy like me, no fumbling around to try and stick some strange glowing butt plug into you, or filming us to show her friends at school. Yea, we did! Suprised me! I was so proud. So, any middle age women? Bring some tittie tassels with you, love to pastem to your melons!
  • Regmorus
    I'd say if people who think like that are only few and remain only few, well, it's perfectly okay.

On the other hand imagine ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH sincerely thought like that, wanted just to have their fun with little obligation. That would be the end of standard relationship and the end of marriage, and the end of society came probably alongside because who would care for kids would become a big question. With probable final result: nobody. And these kids are then people of the future.
    Or even "better" no kids at all, because to care for kids does not really allow such carefree life style.

I do not have anything against you as against people who make own choice how they live, but I express my utter dissatisfaction with and am alarmed by this as social phenomenon because of the theoretical picture painted
  • es20490446e
  • BloJo
    What do you think about one man with multiple wives? Or one woman with multiple husbands? Or maybe a group of people who all share one marriage?
  • RingOfFire
    I don't "put down" any kind of consensual sexual relationship between adults. What you do with other consenting adults in private is your business not mine as long as I am not forced to hear about it.

However I think this kind of relationship is disgusting, just like I think homosexual relationships are disgusting.

But you are free to do as you please and I support that.

Similarly, other people are free to have their own opinions about your sexual behavior whether you like them or not. And hopefully you are equally as supportive of their right to express those opinions as they should be about your own right to your sexual choices.
  • laurieluvsit
    GREAT MYTAKE! ... I love it and agree completely!
  • dipeshb
    Yes, I agree with you. Its a matter of choice and no one should be ashamed about it. Its a fact that people often cheat in a relationship which indicates that some people are not monogamous by nature. If you like multiple people then just confront it to your partner rather than cheating. Just because its considered as one of the taboo topic, people never open up because if they do then surely they will be trolled and insulted for their choice. Monogamy has become an established tradition which is very wrong and doesn't work in everyone's case. I would like to share 1 good video which I came across on youtube :https://www.youtube.com/embed/3q3WOrs8kAM
  • jirwin7979
    i wish i could get a girlfriend in to open relationships.. had to look it up
  • Miristheiss
    I do not like you.
  • Slim57
    Gross
  • asshole_
    those types of relationships

are for losers
  • Bigggylicker
    Each to their own.. if it works, enjoy it!
  • I pretty much agree, iam with you
  • Anonymous
    I don't know what I want. I'm scared of marriage but even more scared of open relationships. I am very picky and my guy will be my other half. But also I'm scared that what if I get bored?
    But he has to be EXCEPTIONAL if i can actually settle down. If he can keep up with me in adventures, stimulating deep conversations and his love and loyalty then I have no problem in marrying and only committing with him forever.
  • Anonymous
    Is that a joke?
  • Anonymous
    Just don’t lie latter to a guy or his family. Let them know you are a whore, your kids too. Don’t hide it later, it’s not fair to them.
  • Anonymous
    I don't feel like fucking anyone else while being in a loving relationship, if you do, you're probably not even in a good relationship to begin with.
    And I'm a jealous person, I wouldn't want my guy to fuck someone else and I probably couldn't even fuck someone else. It just feels morally wrong.
  • Anonymous
    speak for yourself