Interview 24 d

Let's Talk About Sex!

Desconhecida
Sex is Life!
Sex is Life!

A few days ago, I was asked, “Why talking about sex is still a taboo in the middle of the 21st century"?

Talking about sex is so hard, because it's something unknown to us.

We were not taught to talk about it, on the contrary, we were taught not to mention it, not even with those we trust most. We don't talk about it with our parents and end up learning everything wrong, on the streets... with our colleagues... with the magazines...

Discussing sex and sexuality is still a great taboo in modern society, because we carry the mark of our creation, of the extreme modesty of past generations, which messes with structures of guilt deeply rooted in us.

To try to clarify some doubts often questioned even on this website, I interviewed two girls and two guys with incredible knowledge and ease in talking about it.

Thank you to @laurieluvsit, @Brainsbeforebeauty, @MrOracle and @AustinMan for the time and dedication given to answer these questions and share their opinions.

No Taboos here!
No Taboos here!

# Do you think sex is the foundation of a lasting relationship?

@AustinMan: Yes. Sex is the engine that drives intimate relationships.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: Sex isn't/can't be the whole foundation. But it is definitely a big part of having a happier, healthier relationship,a more solid 'foundation".

@laurieluvsit: Yes! ...for me it is, but that varies with each individual.

@MrOracle: No, not the foundation - I think communication is the foundation of a relationship. Sex is important, but not the foundation.

# How important is the emotional aspect when it comes to sex?

@AustinMan: Quite. I don’t have sex with people I don’t have a strong emotional connection with.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: I think the stronger your're emotionally connected, invested in someone the more open, honest, and comfortability you'll have when it comes to not being afraid to express your sexuality and what your sexual preferences are.

@laurieluvsit: Most important!

@MrOracle: Men can separate sex from emotions, so we can have causal sex without having an emotional attachment - something most women can't easily do. But we DO have emotions with sex when we're in a relationship or just have feelings for the girl, and obviously, in those situations, it's important. It takes sex to a whole other level.

Many married couples complain a lot about their sex lives...

# What makes a happy sex life?

@AustinMan: Compatible kinks and a high sex drive.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: Communication is critical to a happy sex life; Thinking of your partner's pleasure as well as your own; Willingness to be open, adventurous to try new things.

@laurieluvsit:

1. Lots of it
2. Variety
3. Good communication
4. Willingness to experiment

@MrOracle: Open and honest communication, and putting your partner's needs ahead of your own (this needs to be mutual).

The famous question!
The famous question!

# What's the difference between having sex and making love?

@AustinMan: A lot of the time, it’s just going for the physical reward and release of it but sometimes, esp when things are emotionally wrought, focusing on feelings gets to be more important.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: Anyone can have sex without love. And you'll have the lust, the physical feeling, but you don't have that emotional connection or the loving after feelings that can come with making love.

@laurieluvsit: #2 above

@MrOracle: To me, this is the difference between having sex strictly for pleasure without getting overly emotional (and this is possible even in a relationship - sometimes you just need to bang) and having sex as a way for a couple to communicate, bond, and share. You could be in a relationship with someone and do both on the same day: have sex in one instance and make love in another.

"I love work because it keeps sex in perspective. Otherwise it can become a preoccupation." (( Al Pacino))

# How has your perspective changed on sex over the years?

@AustinMan: I’m a pretty kinky guy and my kinks have intensified if anything.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: I've learned to be more open and honest about what I want, and to make sure they take care of my needs or show them how.

@laurieluvsit: More intensity and desire is all.

@MrOracle: I kind of figured out what I know in my early 20s, and nothing major has changed in my thinking since then - but I've been paying attention, in case something externally changed. So far, it really hasn't.

Waiting for marriage to have sex ~ is it a good idea?

# What do you think of people who wait until marriage to have sex? Is it worth it?

@AustinMan: I don’t think it’s a good idea. Who in their right mind enters a hopefully lifelong contract without knowing a lot about a really critical part of that contractual element?!

@Brainsbeforebeauty: I think that is a decision that can only be made by that person and only they can feel if it's worth it or not. But if they are waiting, they really need to have that sex talk before marriage of sexual preferences and hard core limits at the least.

@laurieluvsit: I respect each individual decision but I think it is a mistake for most depending on the level of importance sex will play in the marriage. If sexual compatibility is important than sex before marriage is critical.

@MrOracle: It could be for some people. This may sound sexist, but the reality is that men and women work differently: women seem to have trouble bonding in a long-term relationship if they've had multiple partners previously - it seems that the more men they've been with, the more severe their hypergamy becomes, and this actually tends to work against their long-term goals (being married to a quality man and having a family). Men don't really have that problem, because we don't constantly compare our girl with every other girl, always looking to "upgrade." Women seem to do that, but the more men they've been with, the more they do it, and it frequently sabotages their relationships.

Have you fulfilled all your desires?
Have you fulfilled all your desires?

# How's your relationship with your sexuality?

@AustinMan: Sex is probably too important to me. It occupies a lot of my mental bandwidth.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: I wasn't always, but at this stage in my life, I'm very comfortable in my sexuality. Like any other aspect of what makes me me, the only other person's opinion I'd care about accepting my sexuality other than myself, would be my partner.

@laurieluvsit: I am not sure that I understand the nature of this question. If it means "Do I like sex?", the answer is YES!!
...too much sometimes 🙂

@MrOracle: I'm a sexual dominant, and while early on, I wasn't sure that that was "okay", I accepted who and what I was in my early 20s, and I've been at peace with that ever since.

"Sex is like money; only too much is enough." (( John Updike ))

# How does sex impact a relationship?

@AustinMan: Thermonuclear, compatibly kinky sex goes a long, long way to smoothing of the annoyances that invariably arise.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: If you let your sex life cease to exist eventually in most cases that relationship will fail. If only one or the other isn't being sexually satisfied, it can ruin the quality of the sex, the want for sex. And a negative sex life can have negative affects in other areas of your relationship.

@laurieluvsit: Again, it depends on the sexual nature of each partner. If one has a low sexual desire and the other is high, that is a mixture made to fail and the ingredients for infidelity.

@MrOracle: Generally, it deepens it and it creates a level of communication that can't be achieved any other way - but of course, it's going to vary from couple to couple.

Being comfortable with your own body is very important!

# Do you have any insecurity in bed?

@AustinMan: Not really. I'm a very dominant lover. I'm also very kinky and only date submissive masochists.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: For me, I would say it depends on the person. If someone makes you feel sexy/wanted/desired your confidence will grow...
But if they are critical or uncaring, make you feel insufficient or unwanted, it could cause you to be more insecure if not in yourself at the least in the sex relationship with that person.

@laurieluvsit: None.

@MrOracle: Don't we all? I think we all have things we're insecure about, but sex should allow us to get past that. in my opinion, I think if you put in an effort to please your partner, they're probably not likely to be bothered by whatever issues you are insecure about.

Women have fun during the journey while men aim for the end.

# What does “being good in bed” mean to you?

@AustinMan: Compatible kinks and wild enthusiasm.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: For me, the more you know your partner, know what really turns him/her on, the wanting to please them sexually, the ultimate pleasure you share with one another till you're both sexually fulfilled. The more better sexually compatible you are, the better the sex will be.

@laurieluvsit: Education, experimentation, experience, selflessness.

@MrOracle: Really, to me, it means focusing on your partner's pleasure and experience, and working to make it a good experience for them. If you are both doing this for each other, you almost can't help but make things better for each other.

Inside the bedroom the fantasies come to life...

# Do you have a sex bucket list to be fulfilled?

@AustinMan: Not really. I’ve done most all the things I want to do but I’m sure over time others will present themselves.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: I'm a more go in the moment, let passion take you to unplanned places. I think sometimes people overthink sex or overplan it when it's so much better to just naturally lose control and lose yourself in the moment (or hours).

@laurieluvsit: Not really, I have done most everything I have wanted to do. Now of those I really loved, I just want more!!

@MrOracle: To the degree that I might have (I never formally made a list or anything), I've achieved them all. I suppose I was ambitious and driven early on. I'm no longer looking to prove anything to anyone - instead, I'm just about being in the moment with my partner.

What about boundaries?
What about boundaries?

# Do you have any taboo regarding sexuality?

@AustinMan: No blood, children or animals.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: Obviously we all have some things not done, things we wouldn't be into, the "hard limits". Why before a serious, committed relationship it's better to find those out before for better sexual compatibility.

@laurieluvsit: I do not like scat or pain.

@MrOracle: To the degree that it's an external taboo (society saying "that's not normal"), not really, because I don't really care about society's opinion. But I have plenty of things that I have no interest in doing - things that are taboo to me. I'm straight, and I'm a dominant, so I have no interest in doing anything with the same sex, and I have no interest in being submissive or doing submissive acts myself - it's just not who I am. What anyone else does is their own business.

About PORN...
About PORN...

# Do you watch porn? Do you think it's a bad habit? Why?

@AustinMan: I watch a lot of porn. It can be a bad habit if it causes problems in the other parts of your life.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: I have watched porn. It's not a necessity but neither is it a problem. It would only be a problem if the watching porn was happening more than the having sex. If we can't have sex, and one or the other watches porn I don't see the issue. If one or the other is choosing porn over sex, that would be when it would be an issue for me. I always say heck watch it together.

@laurieluvsit: Yes. No. It can be educational and entices the erotic nature within us.

@MrOracle: Yes, I watch it sometimes. It's not an issue for me - I don't watch it all that much and when I do, I'm often watching it for different reasons than you'd think: I spend a lot of time analyzing the production, the shooting location, and other technical aspects. Having worked in media production for a while, I find that a lot of porn inadvertently acts like a kind of time capsule, capturing the world as it was in a very candid way, and as an example of production techniques of the day. Those things interest me, and with such small productions, the evolution over time of productions is more readily apparent than it is in Hollywood productions.

"The only shame in masturbation is the shame of not doing it well." (( Sigmund Freud ))

# How important is masturbation?

@AustinMan: For those not having frequent, satisfying sex, it’s quite important. For men, a busy prostate is a happy prostate.

@Brainsbeforebeauty: For those times when sex isn't possible masturbation is fine, but again, as long as they're not preferring masturbating over sex. But just like the porn, this can also be something you can do together or for one another.

@laurieluvsit: I would die without it!

@MrOracle: I mean, when you've got a need, you have to have an outlet. I think it's important for almost everyone.

It only gets better...
It only gets better...

# Any sex tips for the readers?

@AustinMan: Tons. I’ve written and posted over a dozen My Takes of my own.

@Brainsbeforebeauty:

Don't let others thoughts, views into your bedroom, your sex life.
• Be honest about what you just can't sexually do without.
• Be more willing to try different things, at least once if it'll please your partner.
Talk after sex about what turned you on the most.

@laurieluvsit:

This would be a book ...lol

In short, have an open mind and experiment to see what you like. Find one, or more sexual partners if your psyche will allow it and have fun!

@MrOracle: Be honest with your partner about what you want from them, both at the relationship level, and, when the time comes, what you enjoy in the bedroom. Honest and open communication will make things much better for both of you. And then, focus on your partner. Take care of your partner's needs, and let them take care of yours. If you focus on each other, rather than just your own needs, you'll take sex to a level beyond where you can ever go being selfish and self-centered.

We need to discuss it. Always!
We need to discuss it. Always!

Thanks again to each one of the interviewees who helped us to understand a little bit of their point of view. Last but not least, keep allowing yourself to question, to experiment and to fantasize. And Let's talk about SEX!

Thanks for reading!

#scctakes #food4thought

Let's Talk About Sex!
54
8

Most Helpful Guy

• OlderAndWiser
    As usual, this was very well constructed and I think you have found a niche for yourself!
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• lilgal
    Awesome conversation. Great people partaking. Nice honest answer. Loved it x
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

753
  • Yay! @Brainsbeforebeauty and

@laurieluvsit 🎉🎊🎈!!! 🙃😎😊 so much fun :)

I just loved this! These interviews are the best! Screw Cosmo and give me some more of these in stead 😊
    • Jjpayne

*instead 😂

• "Cosmo"? LOL
      Yeah! They were great, right? My girls rule! ❣❣💗💓💗

• Jjpayne

Yeah they do! Your girls rock!

• COMMODOREII
    Great mytake you guys. And a shout out to my friends @Brainsbeforebeauty and @laurieluvsit excellent job. You guys are:Let's Talk About Sex!Best thing to do is: Let's Talk About Sex!
  • xENIGMAx
    It’s like we’re (the US) are a nation of moral hypocrites. Sex is everywhere
    in our society and we capitalize on it financially because it’s big business.
    Yet our political and religious leaders condemn it, while engaging in its
    activities under darkness and concealment.
    • 8lutty

'the US are a nation of moral hypocrites'

• laurieluvsit
    Wow, that's awesome Ms @Desconhecida, I wasn't sure what you had in mind!

I love it! :)
    • You guys made it awesome with your freedom of spirit and emotional maturity to talk about anything ~ especially sex! Thank you, my dear friend, for being part of it!💋💋

• Benjr134
    We don’t talk about sex because centuries ago it was deemed sinful to talk about it out in the open. This has caused a lot of people to essentially see those that are comfortable as monsters/demons or at least as wrong. Sex is aa natural as breathing. People will disagree but it is. Just like needing to breath to keep living you need sex for the entire species to continue. I’m on another site where I’ll see someone post about their sexuality, but then condemn someone else for theirs simply because they don’t have the same tastes. Now I’m not saying that we should be ok with every aspect. Once it becomes criminal and I won’t mention them as we all know what I’m talking about, then we need to act. However, someone calling another person gross because they have a higher libido is like making fun of someone because they’re shorter. It happens but it shouldn’t. This is who they are. I once met a couple who were in an open relationship when I was about 20. I lived in France at the time and they taught me a good lesson. They loved each other immensely. However, when it came to the physical aspect of pleasure through sex they were ok with each other having other partners. At the end of the day you don’t have to like another’s sexual preference but treating them badly because of it makes you a bad person.
  • DrDecidueye
    I only really have one comment, and that relationships should always be built on shared interests, emotions, and overall feeling comfortable around each other, rather than sex. Your partner should always be someone you could be friends with, and should usually start as a friend, because eventually, the romantic spark will die out, and you'll need a solid base to fall back on when that happens.
    • Jamie05rhs

I agree except for the part about the romantic spark dying out. It may dwindle, but it will never die out. (And you can put more wood in to make it flame up again.)

• ravagesavage
    "Talking about sex is so hard, because it's something unknown to us."

What The hell kinda answer is that? Are we still trying to discover if the Earth is round?
    • Actually @MrOracle is one of the smartest users around here. So much that I wanted his take on the matter, so please, respect him.

• I was playing chill

• Sorry then. In this site, we never know..

• EnglishArtsteacher
    This was a good myTake.

Believe it, or not, I've only had sexual intercourse one time, and I'm not even sure if we did it right (I lost my virginity at 26 years old). I've always lived in a narrow-minded area, and it's hard to find available women. I always wondered how much different my sex life would be if I lived somewhere else most of my life.

I just turned 30 years old on Labor Day, and here is to hoping my Dirty 30s really are my dirty 30s.
    • @EnglishArtsteacher
      Dude, you shouldn't be hoping! Don't let fate decide that! You can actively control it. Go looking for women and if things aren't going so well in the dating world, don't give up and go parallel to prostitutes! There is nothing reprehensible about that...

We probably only live once!

you are only one time in your 30s! You should not regret this time in retrospect and think that you missed something very essential in life!!!

• @Tonytoutouni123 Right now, I'm waiting for a vaccine for COVID-19, but I do plan on actively making my life better in every way.

One thing I need to do is move out of the area I live in. It's a terrible area to live in.

• Wewladdy

Holy shit lmao. Actually being told to pay hookers for sex because your life is so disappointing. Disgusting times we live in.

• Aakash_Hangargi
    Lol those are the gross lips pic I ever saw, 😂😂😂😂

But apart from that I always loved the way you portray the content and the context good penwomenship I really like the way you put thinfs easier to read and understand even though long post but the way its written so we could grasp easily what's happening it's like a good novel or an article

By any chance are you a reporter or a media person?
    Anyhow love the post 👏👏👏👏👏👏🙂
  • triff
    Sex is hard for us talk about because of our inherited bashfulness over such a Taboo subject Sex is a private matter that doesn't need to be talked about It should take place where both parties have the feeling to take things to such a level
  • This was nice and new. Very mild and very interesting. See! Where am from is worse than you can imagine when it comes to talking about sex, i just wrote (My take) about it (My sexual revelation )

And may i ask if there any possibility to take apart of your next take, am a very curious person and you can ask Brainsbeforebeauty and laurieluvsit about me. Very pleasant to read, good work.
  • Old_Golden
    I got that sex or discussion of anything related to it beaten into me as a child. (Literally, they laid hands on me) So now I can only... when I'm drunk/can't think. This has led to me being a slut, or at least easy prey for anyone who might fancy a go at me. Hooray.
  • Kbin47
    If there was no sex then there would be no me and you.
  • cj623
    So a week ago, I asked my girlfriend at the time, [first time in weeks] if she wanted to fk. She declined in the worst manner, calling me selfish, telling me she knows I need it and she's ok w me fking someone else.
    Like we haven't fked in weeks and I dont even ask... call me selfish? I just left got a hotel and fked these girls from the bar, and caught a STD.
  • 4eyes2mouths
    In the US its talked about quite a lot. But I know in the middle east and other places it's a lot more strict. I'm assuming it's part of religion to keep it private. I don't know.
  • monkeynutts
  • MannMitAntworten
    Maybe it is where I am, but the subject of sex is not only common, but nearly to the point of ad nauseam. They probably talk way more about the act versus actually performing it. Which is bewildering to me. Mental masturbation of a sorts I suppose.
  • RingOfFire
    I don't think talking about sex is "taboo." I think it is a topic that most people think is private. There's a difference.

Most people don't want other people to know their private business and don't want to hear about other peoples' private business. So I think that is different from it being "taboo."

I think the main reason people think sex is a private matter for them is because it is the most intimate expression that human beings can experience and the most special way of two people communicating their feelings between each other. It's a private form of expression between two people. And most people think that should not be a public matter any more than they would want to make their private conversations public.
    • Jamie05rhs

I somewhat agree with you on this. Which is why some things are I think better suited for a private conversation that a public post. The difference for my is the specificity of the subject matter.

• RingOfFire

Yes of course. There is a difference between a general discussion about sex and a discussion about your own private sexual activity.

• Jamie05rhs

Well, I don't personally have a problem with people discussing their sexual activity. I just think that discretion should be used.

• lovedejj_xo
    I talk about it all the time most people I’m cool with talk about it... that sucks for the people that don’t
    • Zainyyy

I love to be spanked by my partner
      Do u too love it?

• iambae
    Its about respect this should only be discussed between you and your spouse.
    • Wewladdy

Pretty much the only good answer here.

• Grond21
    Well done! This was fascinating. And it helped solidify both things I want and things I don't.
  • Keep in mind the personalities of those people you interviewed. Answers are only a part of it. You have to look deeper in to the personalities of THOSE people. You know, their histories/backgrounds, dig up any dirt they might have
  • Nadim171
    It's a great mytake and everything but, everytime I post a question or mytake about sex it gets taken down because I'm 15 and it's really ridiculous. Teens can have sex too and have sexual desires too.
    • Wewladdy

Can they support a child or pay for STD treatments? I don't blame you for not thinking, you're only 15. It's people who are older who are the most depraved idiotic ones.

• Smegskull
    I think it's mystery is part of it's appeal. If/as we start being more open about sex it becomes more mundane and transactional which I think will/is greatly hurting the relationship between the genders.
  • Hannahsworld
    We should talk about it more but men can talk about it all day but if women do they are sluts etc.
    • beldath

That's mainly the conservatives that do that. It's actually nice to be able to talk sex with a woman so I can get insight on how they think. Makes me a better person and lover.

• It's not really political tho tbh it's something I've seen from men on both sides

• 8lutty

why would u think when people say u are slut, they mean it in a bad way? only old people maybe...

• austinbooth
    For my opinion emotional connection is more important. Like honestly I have a really big emotional connection with my girlfriend. And she’s the only girl I want to do this with.
  • Liam_Hayden
    “Sex is the biggest nothing of all time.” - Andy Warhol

While I won't go as far as Mr. Warhol did here, I do believe that for many if not most people sex is almost an object of worship.
  • ohshee
    I love it that was cool sex is a very beautiful thing so if you want to talk about it I woukd love to
  • Brian___1731
    Cuz what's the point in discussing sex if you haven't had it ever in life lmao
  • talulahbee
    I think the US in particular has this issue... Here in Australia we get pretty comprehensive sex education. I wonder if it is partly why Australia has a rate of 11 teen pregnancies per 1000 women and US is closer to 30. In early 2000s US had the highest number of ten pregnancies in the developed world at 75.4 teenage births out of every 1000 (including abortion and miscarriage). Also scary how many of my friends in the US say they get their sex education online from porn. I'm glad our teachers do a pretty good job! Makes it easy to talk about in relationships and with teachers and family.
    • I was born and raised in England and we seemed to be more open than the USA, I have lived in America for the last 28 years. It shouldn't be taboo,

• On the contrary all the infidelity skyrocketed when we started to normalize sex.

• What isn't normal about sex? Infidelity has more to do with character than it does open discussion

• Ah, yeah! My personal favorite: SEX 😍😍😍 🤩👉👌👩
    I didn't know Laurie luvs it as much as I do 😁
  • captain_voidwalker
    I think it's less that it's taboo and more that it's boring. We love in an age where you. An learn about anything you curiosity desires. And sex is just smashing gentiles together
  • Wewladdy
    Let's not. Whores shouldn't be proud of their lack of self respect, planning for the future, and complete disregard for any future partner they may have. That goes for men, as well. Being a virgin is a good thing. Waiting until someone is committed to you is even greater. I say that as a non virgin. Wish I had my V card back instead of losing it to some braindead slut like you whose body count is in the double if not triple digits. You're incapable of pair bonding and any man worth a crap is going to pick up on it.

But hey, least you got that instant gratification right? Possibility of ruining your future doesn't matter if you can cum in dozens of people who don't matter to you months later if not the next day.
    • Talking about sex, doesn't make someone a whore, enjoying sex with your husband or partner doesn't make someone a whore.. So people that don't wait till marriage for sex are whores? So then by your own rules, what does that make you 🤔

• Wewladdy

Husband/wife? Not at all. Not a whore. Stranger? Whore/manwhore. Someone you barely know, a friend, or someone you've been dating but aren't in love with? Whore behavior.

• Jamie05rhs

Yep.

• Kuressento
    Sex is essential in most relationships (talking about Asexuality); there are rules that both parties have agreed on when engaging in sex. It depends on a person's age and experience if they avoid or confront the topic in society. Sex can be only physical, and it also has the ability to the emotional, especially for men as the gender norms prevent men from expressed any emotion toward people; sex could be one of these times when men can express themselves. The same way could be said about women, though I won't be genuinely about to defend the side of the scenario.
  • McKellar
    "Let's talk about sex".
    Sure,... sex is nice, but unfortunately not everyone is going to get it.
  • prakhindev92
    Well sex is a private thing , well think about sex to a kid , it gross right! , Yes same to a strangers , of course we talk to our peers!
  • MadAlpha
    People don't want to accept their biology... We come from the nature... So we have to do sex.. Or nature things
    • MrOracle

It amazes me how many people are either ignorant of biology or who deny the impact of biology on human and particularly sexual behavior!

• Wewladdy

We also murder rape and steal because survival of the fittest is engrained in our biology as well. Those all must be good things too.

• Very nicely done
  • Gedaria
    Everyone knows what they like what turns them on.
    That is great to talk about...
  • Vegeta00
    I've gotten 14 women pregnant off a dare once.

Good times...
  • Johnastronomy113
    Sex is interesting topic, its good to experiment with new things.
  • Jamie05rhs
    Wow. Well done by everyone. I have nothing to add.
  • Syrian_survivor
    Let's not
  • MLGbreezy
    Let's not 😂😂😂😂😂
  • RebeccaSJ
    Some good things here.
  • Worshop
    Ok, but have you prayed to the Lord yet?
  • Baby
    Let's talk about you and me...
  • JennieF
    Yeah I pretty much agree with most of this.
  • Joker_
    secks