27 d

Why women should be allowed to be topless in public , just like men.

Girl_with_a_question

It’s pretty simple really ...

Women can’t be topless because breasts have been overly sexualised by society and it’s now ingrained in people’s minds that seeing them in public is uncomfortable and women should hide them.

For people that don’t believe this sort of mental manipulation exists , think about this :

You’re at a swimming pool and there are women in bikinis everywhere ( pretend these are the shirtless men in society ) .. there’s nothing wrong in this picture , right ?

Now imagine you’re looking around and you see a woman in laced lingerie sitting by the poolside ! You’d be shocked ! How could she wear something that sexual In public and around children ? ( these are the shirtless women of society )

But then you think , well , actually these two things are exactly the same items of clothing showing exactly the same amount of skin ... however one is sexual and the other is not .

This shows exactly how human minds can be completely manipulated by what is deemed sexual and not sexual . Women’s breast and men’s nipples are the same but have been assigned these two titles by our past a misogynistic world.

We can’t let these ideologies continue and to show that we are beginning to move forward with this new world there should be more public appeal for women to feel empowered by their bodies and not ashamed !

101
24

Most Helpful Girls

• Sbgirl
    I kind of get what you're saying - it does seem strange to me sometimes that the issue we really have is women's nipples not the actual boob when it is the nipple that is the part that men also have...

Having said that, a woman being topless just isn't the same as a man. Men's upper bodies (minus hair) don't change upon reaching sexual maturity. Breasts, although not a sexual organ themselves, are a part of the female reproductive system. Reproductive often has sexual connotations. Also, although you may think having breasts out and about would stop them being sexualised, I think that would be incorrect. Women complain as it is that men stare at their boobs. You take your top off do you think that will help? Heterosexual men will always be drawn to boobs. And is it really necessary? We can wear crop and bikini tops that are barely there. Men don't have to wear anything there because they don't have mammary glands to hold up. And for the record, I'm not even a fan when men walk around with their tops off, so it's not like I'm all for that anyway. Also, your example - the thing about lacy lingerie is that it is usually made and worn for sexual activity. Although the same coverage as a bikini, it is a sexual thing to wear. Likewise, the full lingerie and stockings are technically more coverage than a crop top and tiny shorts, but which is more sexual?

What I will say is this: if we're going to talk about exposing breasts in public, there is only one example of this which I think is acceptable and that is breastfeeding. Breastfeeding still needs to be normalized and that is the basic function of breasts, what we women have them for. I think it is absolutely disgusting that so many men and women shame mothers for doing this in public. This is what feminists should be focused on. But, as usual, they would rather just focus on the rebellious stupid things opposed to associating themselves with anything motherly and nurturing.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I completely get your opinion and agree to some extent, I definitely think breastfeeding in public should never be made a shameful thing ! And I hate how even other mothers can have twisted opinions on it. I didn’t write this mytake to try to persuade women to get their boobs out , if they don’t want to then that’s completely within their right. It’s more for people who feel ashamed eventhough they want to be topless. We have to start somewhere otherwise change doesn’t happen !
      And yes men may always look at boobs and see a sex symbol , but even then it shouldn’t mean women have to hide them away. Like if I see a shirtless guy with ripped muscles , I can control my stares and how I talk to him out of respect. Some men still need to learn this.

• Broken_doll
    I don't feel the desire to go topless at the beach. That's sensitive skin that I don't want fried and wrinkled by the sun.

Girls who do that just want attention
    Is this still revelant?
    • Would you assume a topless man at the beach is doing it just for attention?
      Your view on your own breasts is completely your right but when it comes to other women you are in no place to judge

• @Girl_with_a_question a bikini top and going topless makes no difference. You should be glad that breasts are sexualized. It gives us more value to the opposite sex. What about ugly girls? Sometimes their bodies are all they have to gain attraction

• David_Kek

Broken-Doll
      You don't get it, the OP is one of those ugly girls in one form or another.
      Same reason why feminists scream about sexual objectification at the same time they strip naked in public and go on "slut walks".
      Only very bitter woman who aren't getting any can say they hate sexual objectification, and then put their bodies on public display.

Most Helpful Guys

• Kaneki05
    Main problem is pedos and creeps. You really want more guys cat calling, staring, and maybe even saying your asking for it?
    And If you say well can't guys not stare. Um literally no we find boobs hot so that won't happen like ever. Sure guys should stop cat calling and saying your asking for it but bad people will take the advantage to this more and there is no real way to stop them ahead of time.
    So answer me this would you be fine with a guy staring at your boobs 24/7 while there out in the open? Then probably touch himself to you if he really wants to either way he will get hard most likely. Or would you rather have a guy walk past you and maybe notice your boobs but not to that point.
    And you may not find boobs sexual cause your a women but guys really do it's in are nature. So sure you may not see it as a problem yourself but the guys you will effect around you like some old guy looking, young boys looking etc. If you really don't care about that then be my guest. But i would find a lot of girls would find this off putting. And you cannot just say well guys simple don't find them attractive we cannot change what we do find so. That's like me saying just don't like dick, or just don't like breathing lmao.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Kaneki05

It really is just the same as me saying well why can't i have my dick out because i don't find that sexual and feel like that is just to sexualized by women because i don't find them sexual to me at all very gross and off putting to see one actually because i ain't gay.

• I agree. Are we going to have 14 yr old girls go topless in public now? Since everyone has camera phones you can think of the sick ramifications of this. Not to mention how would you feel if a female relative starts walk around topless. Gross.

This shows just how extremely intelligent (cough) feminists are. Completely asinine idea.

• You know breasts are made for feeding children right? That is the most innocent thing you can think of but we have made them sexual ! So ofcourse vaginas and dicks are different , they’re used for sex. No , you wanting to get your dick out is not the same as what I’m saying at all... breasts were not made for sexual pleasure !! So why do we treat them like that?
      So what men are sexually attracted to them but I’m sexually attracted to shirtless guys , but I have self control ! Why is it that some men just completely forget self control is a thing?
      And as for the creeps , yes there will always be creeps. But you know what I’d do if a man started touching himself whilst looking at me? I’d call the police and report it like any other crime !

• Guanfei
    Women have boobs, boobs are sexualized since.. forever, and there is no need to show them.
    What's next? Women can show their asses because an ass is just where you shit from and shouldn't be sexualized? Then we'll go to pussies, as a pussy is just where a baby comes from and shouldn't be sexualized either?
    Is this still revelant?
    • Why be so toxic and jump to those conclusions? Breasts were not made to please men... breasts feed babies and were completely over sexualised.
      What I’m trying to do is make women feel comfortable enough in their own bodies and to try and get more men to see that if they’re going to see boobs out and about in their daily lives , just learn to control yourself !! There once was a time where ankles were the sexiest thing a man could see , times change , you’ll adapt

• Guanfei

And butt is just an exit for poop. So, go ahead, show it too.
      It's not toxic, I'm just going by your own logic, since only a vagina can be considered strictly sexual. And even then you could argue about it as I did, claiming it's only a reproductive organ with nothing sexual attached to it.
      Whether you want it or not, men and women aren't the same, and boobs are a sexual part of the body, so either you agree to show everything of the same type, or you keep it hidden. Or at least don't cry when men, and women, will stare at it.

• Ahhh why is it that you assume I want everything to be shown? Can we not just chose to show a truly non sexual part of our body without being harassed for that decision? Sexual organs are used for sex OF COURSE THEYRE DIFFERENT and aren’t included in the same logic ! Breasts have been made sexual , but by exposing them more it will break down the stigma around them , you just refuse to believe change can happen !!
      I hate the fact that I would feel uncomfortable around me Male family members with no top on !! So we have to start somewhere so future generations don’t feel this...

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2299
  • mistixs
    I think both men and women should just keep their shirts on
  • Miristheiss
    I see.
    So society taught me to find boobs highly sexy and a turn on to look at.
    If not for society I would have considered looking at nude, bouncy breasts the same as looking at a woman's elbows. I see.
    You sure overly concerned about going topless in public.
    This truly is one of the biggest evils in out time that must be fought.
    Topless women in public.
    • What we find sexual is completely controlled by our society. If you don’t believe me then think about some African tribes , their women are topless but this isn’t deemed sexual because they’re told it’s not sexual. However , some tribes see lip stretchers as sexual and the bigger the stretcher the sexier the woman. It’s a complete fabrication and if you don’t see that then you should try to educate yourself a bit more.

• Riiiiight.

I love them being sexual by the way.
      Why the hell would I not want to love breasts the way I do.
      What a horrible thing.

• MelisssaW
    I agree that if everyone was treated equally then women should be allowed to go topless wherever men are. Of course it would be seen as sexual and would probably cause guys to start taking a lot of pics!
    That would be ok with me though. If it was allowed I would go topless in public, in fact i would even go completely nude.
    • It’s all a mentality ! You should try going to a nudist beach when you’re 18 ! I think you’d find it very freeing

• DeeDeeDeVour
    I'd likely take advantage of this. I'm doing it because it's comfortable, not because I'm exposing my boobs to attract attention.
    • Exactly!! The last thing you want when you’re warm is to be trapped in clothing whilst men walk around shirtless with no one judging !

• CubsterShura

Humans are the only mammals with permanently full breasts. Sexual arousal can increase a woman's breast size by up to 25%. Boob sweat during sexual activity contains a natural pheromone. Nearly 80% of women get aroused from nipple stimulation. Breasts play an important role in sexual dimorphism in humans. Sure, men also have breasts and they can potentially lactate if given enough stimulation and massage, but it's moreso because all fetuses start off as female until the SRY gene in the Y chromosome activates and male sexual characteristics start to develop, breasts and nipples form before that happens and that's why they don't change. Clearly they don't develop in men when they hit puberty. But clearly it's the fault of misogyny if men are 'attracted' to them as a sexual part of the body?

Even keeping the science aside, looks like many women themselves are okay and even happy with breasts being a sexual part of the body. Women themselves spend ridiculous amounts of money on padded push-up bras and go as far as plastic surgery to feel better about themselves and raise their level of attractiveness. It's a common practice among pageant contestants, pornstars and even drag performers. So are ALL these people misogynistic to you? Or just men who are attracted to them?
  • SomeGuyCalledTom
    You can try to de-sexualise female breasts all you like, but end of the day, men are always gonna get aroused at the sight of a perky pair of ta-tas. It's not "society", it's not "mysogonistic world", it's not "[shame-based] ideologies". It's simple biology. Heterosexual men enjoy the female form. Having a sex drive is not proof of misogyny. I'm all in favour of letting women walk around topless, wearing Ann Summers lingerie at the beach. Go nuts! But if you think I'm not gonna get excited by seeing that, then you're gonna be disappointed. It would be more "empowering" for a woman to recognise the power her sexual allure gives her. The fact she has perky boobs and child-bearing hips and a nice round tush can make her highly desired by straight men (and gay/bi women, FWIW). And if she's highly desired, then she can use that to increase her circle of influence. For a man to get similar results on looks alone, he needs to basically become an adonis, with a personal trainer and nutritionist on permanent contracts. A woman just has to be reasonably proportioned by genetics, and men will go to wars dying for a chance at "winning" her favour. You want "empowerment", use what God gave you for the purposes for which it was intended. You ARE an object of sexual desire, because humans are sexual creatures, and we covet what we see, and we see what the coveted man or woman chooses to display, in the way they choose to display it, with full awareness of the effects that display has on the opposite (or same) sex. Why would you WANT to de-sexualise the female figure? You've been gifted this amazing asset for increasing your influence, sexual and romantic options, and evolutionary advantage. What you're suggesting is really no different than the ultra-conservative misogynyst men who insist women cover every square inch of their skin, under threat of public stoning. You're just approaching the same ideology from the opposite direction.
  • Battooot
    Everything valuable in this world is preseved and hidden. You dont just find oil on the ground you have to dig for it. Diamonds aren't just stones you find on the streets, they are formed with extremely high temperatures and pressures in the bottom of the earth and then erupted by volcanoes and even then they have to be moved to factories to get processed to remove the particles covering the piece of diamond and all that shit. Pearls are found in the bottom of the ocean inside a dam shell!
    You are a Woman, you are the most precious thing in the world in the man's eyes. Why you do you wanna unhide and expose yourself to the world and lose your preciousness? Also, your boobs are our generation's future. You use them to feed our kids. They are literally the preciousness of life. And you want to expose them outside all open like that? Like they are nothing important? We are not even talking about how your boobs and nipples will be exposed to all kinds of outside dirt and germs since they are out all the time and then you are gonna use those same nipples to feed a baby?
    • Battooot

I love boobs so much. But if everyone is naked outside with thier boobs out... Boobs will lose their value to me. They will become an everyday normal thing! They won't be attractive to me anymore! They won't turn me on! Why you do gotta take away what i love like that? And by the way! If boobs are looked like everyday normal things... then all you women will lose half of your attraction!! You won't be attractive as much anymore! Dont all you women suffer from enough insecurities already? Why you gotta add some more?

Some women have no ass, no face, n but are blessed with amazing boobs. What's their fault? Why they gotta lose their strongest asset to attract men?

Pls think this over!

• Barbaric
    The trouble with some feminists is that you tend to want to deny biological realities, the innate differences between men and women, and then by doing to you come to the false conclusion that this is all a result of misogyny. Most of this can be explained with biology.

Our minds can't actually be manipulated to see things as sexual vs non-sexual as much as people think. The main reason feminists ignore biological realities is because they subscribe to the unproven idea of blank slate theory - the idea that we're born as blank slates and that everything we believe, think, feel etc. is a result of societal influence. Much of it is simply hard-wired, and in fact can't be undone at all. Particularly when it comes to attraction, which is instinctive.

As others have said, there are places where it's legal for women to go topless, and most choose not to. Why? Because men will ogle and objectify them, and most women don't want to be objectified. This isn't because of misogyny or the over-sexualisation of breasts, it's because the male brain is wired to find breasts to be sexually arousing.

Women will ogle and objectify a shirtless, in shape, good looking man too. The only difference is that men don't care, or they like it. There's a difference in the way we react to this objectification because of the differences in our physicality and our psychology.

Women naturally feel like a man ogling them is a threat, in particular a man she isn't attracted to. Two men can do the same thing and she'll feel completely differently depending on the guy. The hot guy looking at her is hot. The unattractive guy looking at her is creepy. Why is it creepy? Because of the perception that he might be a potential threat. Most men won't be, but some really will be. Men just don't have the same response because a woman isn't a physical threat.

You might even argue with me that that's sexist because women can be just as strong as men, which is another silly idea, but who do you think is more at threat of being sexually assaulted or worse? Men or women? Which is a bigger and more prevalent problem, women being sexually assaulted by men? Or men being sexually assaulted by women?

There's also just a difference in the way men and women react to each other sexually. Another problem feminist women have is thinking that the female way of thinking is the "right" way of thinking, not being able to understand the way men think at all, and then demonising men for thinking like men naturally do. Attempting to shame us for our very nature.

We're not the same. Women's breasts and men's nipples aren't the same. When a man sees a woman's bare breasts he becomes sexually aroused because that's our nature. When a woman sees a hot shirtless man does she become sexually aroused by the sight of his nipples? No. On his body she's mostly going to be looking at other things - his muscles, his arms, his chest (muscles), his shoulders, his back etc. Signs of upper body strength.

You say that we can't let these ideologies continue, why not? How are women being harmed here? Especially since most women, even in places where it's legal to go topless, aren't interested in going topless? I don't think that means that those women are ashamed of their bodies at all. It seems like a lot of people either look for injustices which don't really exist, or they simply want to turn every single societal norm upside-down just for the sake of it.
  • KirstyW
    Going topless is kind of tacky, and it seems to be mainly German women in their 40s and 50s who do this, these days. I don't know why it's such a cultural battleground for Americans, it's just meh.
    • Firstly , I’m English 😂it’s legal here to be topless so I’m not trying to fight any cultural battles haha. I’m merely trying to raise awareness that women should be able to be topless if they want to be without being judged ! You may see it as tacky but I see it as human.

• jcnum10
    I get the point ya makin.

A man breasts are shaped and feel very different than ours.

And yes even there nipples are smaller than ours and shaped differently because we can breastfeed.

It's the same reason Vaginas and Penises are covered in public they look very differently.
    So in my opinion we should go the opposite.
    Since they are shaped differently men should not be allowed to be topless in public either. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Massageman
    Yes, they have been over-sexualized.

Humans are mammals. Mammals all have some common elements: they are all vertebrates, they all have a means of regulating their body temp (unlike reptiles), they they all bear their young live, and they all nurse their young via their mammaries (their breasts, hence the name, mammals). So the primary function is to feed the mother's young. The secondary functions include providing a visual stimulus to the male to foster reproduction, allowing them to "go forth and multiply".

Technically, only the gonads are "sex organs". The scrotum, testicles, uterus, fallopian tubes, etc. are technically considered "secondary sex organs" in men and women, respectively. Nipples and breasts do NOT make the cut as a "sex organ " of ANY kind - they are simply body parts that have beCOME sexualized. but I digress- - - - -I certainly wouldn't complain if the gals would drop top, but I doubt that this will happen on a wide scale. As a Massage Therapist, I have to deal with total/partial nudity on a consistent basis, and realize that this is NOT an overture for sex, just because someone is naked on a table. This is very much the belief for nudists- they simply have times when they do not want the burdens of clothing, BUT, neither is this an open invitation for sex.

Various court decisions have been made that have given "nipple equality" to specific cities/states/whatever.
  • Dinklex3
    Yeah. Last time I lived in NY it was legal.
    But as you said the problem is that they're overly sexualized.
    I'd get harassed non stop if I walked down the street topless.
    • It’s all about the mentality that society has created over breasts , and anyone that says it’s impossible to change that view needs to remember that homosexuality used to be seen as a mental illness and now we’re well on the way to understanding it’s a norm. It will take time but I believe we can get there !

• Dinklex3

Agreed.

• Unit1
    "Women can’t be topless because breasts have been overly sexualised by society and it’s now ingrained in people’s minds that seeing them in public is uncomfortable and women should hide them."

Bullshit. Women's tits are as sexy as penis and pussy are.

"Now imagine you’re looking around and you see a woman in laced lingerie sitting by the poolside ! You’d be shocked !"

No. I'd be aroused by her sexy tits! I love looking at women's boobs as do many men. Kids aren't blind to not see nudity. Some of them even watched nudity before in their early teenage years, so this is nothing new.

"But then you think , well , actually these two things are exactly the same items of clothing showing exactly the same amount of skin... however one is sexual and the other is not."

This is the first sentence, that I can agree on with you, that also makes sense.

"Women’s breast and men’s nipples are the same but have been assigned these two titles by our past a misogynistic world."

Oh quit with that victim mentality. You're your own enemy on this one, labeling whatever you don't like as misogynistic. Nobody likes that but those of your kind.

"We can’t let these ideologies continue and to show that we are beginning to move forward with this new world there should be more public appeal for women to feel empowered by their bodies and not ashamed !"

Oh well. Too bad.

---

I expect to be blocked and I won't be surprised.
  • Joeharbor
    we don't live in some African tribe. You can't erase centuries of sexual desire by showing up topless on the beach. Also, I'm sure you want it both ways. You don't want men to sexualize your breasts, but then you'll feel shitty when we don't want to play with them or titty fuck you anymore bc they don't turn us on
    • Breasts will always turn men on ( unless they’re gay ofc ) so I’m not saying men aren’t allowed to find them sexy. The fact is that men usually stare , or comment on or even harass a women when her breasts are exposed. If I see a topless man I can very easily control myself around him eventhough I’m sexually attracted to that. If some men could keep their sexual interest to themselves I’m sure many more women would be comfortable enough to be topless.

• tiajoka

Like bare feet can turn men on, doesn't mean they're inherently sexual. Lots of men aren't turned on by breasts either even, they're just there.

• Joeharbor

@Girl_with_a_question women don't want to be topless in public unless there are men around to give them attention. You could easily go to a nudist beach where no one cares, but you would rather not bc those aren't the kind of men who will pay attention to you

• Godofmyownwurld
    I mean, there's way more important issues at the moment, like authoritarianism, natural disasters, pandemics, but yes the logic you're applying is sound
    • If no one raises awareness for the smaller issues when will they ever get solved? Yes , there may be ‘more important’ things but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t talk about everything else.

• True

• Xoxocutekitty
    Thanks to the deeply ingrained madonna/whore complex, many members of society seem to equate couverture (amount of covering) to accessibility to women's bodies. Yes I agree that women should be able to be topless, be topless without fear, and be topless without being shamed or otherwise harassed by any passing peanut gallery. In fact, there are places where that happens, it is just not very common.
  • broken_heart_at_48
    First thing a woman should never feel ashamed because she has a woman's body I think the majority of both men and women would agree the woman's body is much more pleasant to look at then a man's. With that being said a woman's breast is definitely different than a mans but that doesn't mean they should have to hide them. I always thought the law that women couldn't go topless wasn't to shame women but because some men are complete idiots and would step out of line. So I thought it was to protect the women from the idiots and the idiots from themselves. As far as the sexual aspect I don't necessarily think of breasts as a sexual organ or anything but I do enjoy having them be part of my foreplay. Of course that's really no different than a woman that likes to incorporate a man's chest into her foreplay. So either way it's an outdated law to not allow woman to go topless if they want. Ladies please remember there are some guys that will cross the line so be smart and safe.

This is to the guys. If you see a woman going topless this doesn't mean she's anything other than a woman trying to get some sun or whatever. It doesn't mean she wants your opinion or attention. Grow up just because you're thinking it doesn't mean anyone wants to hear it.
    I am not saying all men are pervs as a matter of fact I think it's a small percentage that are. The majority of men would step in if they witnessed any bullshit I'd hope. Not that anyone needs protecting but we should be a society that looks out for each other
  • TadCurious
    I support legal top freedom for women to be topless wherever men can. But I'm also realistic about the fact that the cultural programming about breasts is so pervasive that probably a small minority of women would actually choose to be top free if it were permitted.
  • Daniela1982
    When are you exhibitionists going to stop asking this question every week because you want to display your boobs like a brood sow? Go to a nude beach if you want to parade about naked. I think there are more decent women than Ho's wanting to be naked.
  • KrakenAttackin
    Part of concealing breasts was to protect the dignity of women and maintain their elevated status in society. The more women act like men the more they will end up being treated like men, which is to say they will lose respect and perhaps lose some of their many privileges.

Do you really want to be seen as a man with boobs?
  • TNU20000
    I don't give a shit if women wear a top or not since I prefer small/flat chests, but you can't get offended if you notice more guys staring. Even if we aren't trying to be creepy, it's just men's human brains telling our eyes to look there. It's built in. Like I said, I don't really like breasts, but my eyes still go there because that's what they do.
  • Warmapplecrumble
    Women's breast might be sexual to men , but we deserve to take our clothes off when we are dying in heat stroke... our health is more important and feeding the baby.
  • Browneye57
    No ya ding-a-ling. Ya got rocks for brains or what?
    • If you can’t argue with an actual point then why did you comment?

• Browneye57

Cuz your drivel comes up in the feed. You're an idiot.

• Wow for 63 years of life experience you really don’t know how to have a conversation do you?

• FackThePackers21
    What a mindless claim. Womens' breasts have been, are, and always will be a sexual part of one's boy. The difference in breasts between men & women is phenomenal. Women have mammary glands that produce milk which is directly linked to giving birth after having SEX! So yes, it is a sexual feature. Stop propagating your nasty feminist ideology. If you have that much of a problem with keeping your top on, go to a nude beach.
    • ButchD

Female Breats have nothing to so with sexuality. They have everything to do with bearing children and infatuated little boys who have yet to grow up.

• gemgem

@ButchD wrong. The mammary glands are only a tiny part of the breast. Most of it is useless fat that is only there to signal sexual development.

• douride2
    Where I live it is legal for a woman to go topless if she so chooses to. Most including myself choose not to though.
    • That’s exactly why I made this mytake , even when it’s legal many women ( obviously I can’t speak for you ) don’t take off their tops because they’re too afraid to be over sexualised ! We need to stop seeing breasts as being in the same sexual context as genitals. Their function is to feed babies not perform sexual acts !

• PBandJ_Nerd
    If it was legal then I think I'd only do it at beaches, pools, and outside around only my yard at home. But that's because I see it more appropriate this way. If I went on a walk or something then I'd put a shirt on at least before I leave.
  • OlderAndWiser
    You are young, idealistic, and also a bit triggered. Self-righteous indignation is not a compelling argument.

If we had grown up in a culture in which nudity was accepted, your idea would be more feasible. But we did not grow up in such a culture and breasts are sexual organs, even if you don't want to admit it. If women go to the beach topless, boys and men are going to be aroused and some of them will not want to control their impulses. You can get angry and say that it SHOULDN'T be that way, but I am telling you that is the way the world really is.

Human nature is not all warm and fuzzy. We don't all want to sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya every night. Human nature has a dark side which young, idealistic minds do not want to embrace, but it is real and omnipresent. You simply cannot, by fiat or decree of the young idealists, convert the world into a golden globe free of tarnish and rust.
    • Very well said!

• mistixs

They're secondary sex characteristics (same category as men's muscles) not sexual organs. Men should put their shirts on too.

• @mistixs If I am in bed with my partner and she has an orgasm just from me sucking her nipples. . . doesn't matter what anybody else calls them. I'm going to call them sex organs. Arbitrary classification systems aren't very helpful for deciding issues such as this one.

• Ronnie_45
    Bullshit post. Women breasts are sexual. İf you think that you can show them to people without their consent, then you are harassing men and kids. Feminists are full of bullshit. A couple of years you will start to say don't look my naked breasts. Feminism is for mentally retarded people. Feminism should be banned and removed.
    • jmstarling

"fem·i·nism
      /ˈfeməˌnizəm/
      Learn to pronounce
      noun
      the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes."

Anyone who disagrees with feminism belongs in the gulag.

• Ronnie_45

@jmstarling Dictionary meaning and reality are different. I can make up a word and kill people. And then say but dictionary meaning ia peace. So people perceive me as a good person? We look actions not words. And its probably the only way you can see womens breasts. Go to your mistress. You are probably a servant of women. :D

• jmstarling

No, that would make you a liar.

• 8lutty
    who said men topless is not sexual? even the curve is sexual already, clothes or no clothes...
    for kid whose doesn't see much of woman breast, boobs will make them very aroused, so if women hanging their boobs infront of them, that will make the kid have sexual thoughts about that woman, that how brain work, u can't control it here, and really, sexual feeling is good, dont destroy it. last time i check any activity involve kid that is sexual (from ether side) still be considered immoral.
  • doe9de
    I don't see why girls can't go topless if men can so can women. While yea part of the reason I'm on the girls side is because well boobies of course. However I mean it really isn't far. So they should revoke shirtlessness for men or add it for women.
  • 0112358
    In many, many places - they are.

Where I live it's been legal since the mid 1990s.

Of course, outside certain beaches and the dyke march the day before the gay pride parade, nobody does. I haven't actually seen topless women walking around in public here since i think 1998.
  • It is called common decency. Liberals have none. From having sex in public, to legal prostitution, to rioting, to all drugs being legal, to homosexual marriage, to telling lies , to beating up little kids because they have a Trump cap on, to having sex with kids, to porn, to having sex with animals, to taking rights away with from people, to discriminating against religion. You liberals act like wild animals with no standards except excess.
    • MissLlyn

I hope you get beaten to death.

• Lite3000

@MissLlyn That's quite extreme, Miss Llyn

• jmstarling

Trump lies all the time. Trump has raped women and girls. Trump discriminates against people on the basis of religion. Opposition to gay marriage is using your religion as a weapon against others. It's conservatives who have no morals or principles.

• 6suejsjsj
    Lol, wtf. Breasts ARE SEXUAL. That's why they are so big, their size doesn't serve a purpose besides attracting men.

Women can walk around shirtless in lots of places but they don't. They already wear way more revealing cloths then men on a daily basis.
  • bamesjond0069
    "Women’s breast and men’s nipples are the same..." except girls make milk for babies and generally all women experience sexual pleasure from them being touched whereas generally men do not experience sexual pleasure from them being touched. Try again.
  • winterfox10
    I agree that women should be allowed to go topless. In regard to the sexuality of breasts, all I can contribute is that it's true that women's breasts aren't sexual organs, but they are a distinct trait of a sexually developed woman. I can definitely understand the hesitation that people have about saying women should be able to go topless.
  • angelcat321
    Breasts and genitals are sacred and shouldn't be flaunted unless around her or his lover. breasts for babies, its a natural bond.. and not for society... do you get what I'm saying?, its hard to explain...
  • buckyboy
    No offense, but , thinking from your perspective, there is no need to dress up. We can all be without clothes like animals. The concept of dresses were brought up to protect our sensitive parts more than to cover. Since then, we have evolved. Men's nipples are ain't that sensitive like a women.

But, if women find it enequal, I have no objections against women going topless. The community will get used to this.
  • VIVANT
    Until women do and everyone gets used to it, it will be taboo.
  • Missycloak
    Bikinis and lingerie are both sexual in straight men's minds. As a woman , I think bikinis are sexy as a lingerie. Also laced bikinis would probably show more skin than a normal bikini, so you aren't necessarily making a good comparison either.
  • Lionman95
    It´s not a mygonistic world and I don´t think that male and female nipples are the same. Take for instance another part of the body, because females and males both have an ass looking nearly the same. But whose would you say is more starred at a female wearing shorts or a male? I would risk a bet that a bunch of males gets way more aroused looking on uncovered female nipples than a group of women looking at uncovered male nipples.

I don´t wanna say anyone should be ashamed of his or her body but it´s not totally the same. All the perverts around will be happy because now they have porn right around the corner.

Don´t get me wrong I´m not prudish, I just thing that it´s not so easy as it may sound.
  • ttnnkkrr
    a concept i never understood. and one that really didn't exist till the 1600s or so. till then it was considered proper to have nipples exposed in public. but missionaries in africa bothered by tribal woman started the cover up movement. if every one does it the sexualization quickly gets numbed away
  • I agree with you. It should be okay for women to be topless in public. The ohly thing is, would women actually do it? Even if it were acceptable for women to be topless, I still see a lot of women opting for a bathing suit top just out of being self conscious or out of modesty.
  • Dongtai
    I want to ask a serious question. If women were allowed to walk around topless in public would it be wrong to look at them?

If a guy walks around with his shirt off and people check his body out, rarely will he say anything. Can women HANDLE the attention that would bring? Can you handle strangers looking at your breasts whenever you’re out topless?

I’m all for it. But my thoughts are what will that type of setting look like? Will men be accused of being predators or creepy for looking at breasts? Would it be considered sexual harassment? But then what about shirtless men? Can they call sexual harassment too?

These are important questions. Think this one through ladies. Think about how many guys come your way or look at you when you aren't topless. I think women want this one just because they “don’t” have it. But will you want to keep it?
    • When you see a girl you are attracted by her face, stomach, legs,(If she's attractive) basically everything about her, right? What's the difference with breasts? If you would see them all the time they would become average after some time. Man look at beautiful girls face all the time, but that doesn't mean they need to cover their face.

• Aiko_E_Lara
    You can speak for yourself but there are still many girls who don't wanna go topless. Also don't complain if anyone "compliments" your size. Oh what? We need to get use to seeing many girls going topless? Read my first sentence.
  • PupinTheTurd
    Hey if you want to go topless that's on you but you can't get mad if men and little boys are window shopping. Lol

I mean I don't get mad when women are window shopping at me. 😎
  • bluetoblack99
    Yeah sure. Go walk around topless in front of your dad, brother or son. See how that makes everybody feel.
    • Also all the guys agreeing to this are either:

- White knight feminist morons and/or
      - True creeps who just want to see more topless women.

Men do get turned by seeing that. It’s not a choice but hormonal reaction in the brain. That response was not a “socially” constructed rather it’s a natural sexual impulse given that developed breasts are a sign that a woman can nurse a baby. Nothing wrong with it when it’s used appropriately (like in the bedroom) but everything wrong with it when the wrong eyes see it.

Just give up this stupidity and focus on something important for once. This “freethenipple” movement is actually actually hurting women’s rights vs helping the cause.

• rioesmarex
    That's what nudist camps and beaches are for but yea they should be allowed to go topless anywhere that men go topless
    Generally speaking women's breasts are works of art, especially young teens with hard pointy breasts and stiff nipples but there are some women who should cover their faces, let alone their breasts
  • AhmetMiraç
    you are so right this is a normal thing. However, even so, the chest and private area should be hidden as they are private. men should also adapt to this. women want freedom, but freedom is not always a good thing. It can also have bad consequences. so there should be no nudity.
  • worldscolide
    Im perfectly ok with them setting the breasts free, as long as they understand that men will look.
  • This is ridiculous. Why should we attempt to desexualize what’s already been sexualized for generations? You can’t undo a culture just to fit your indecent motives.