Is it unfair for a girlfriend to expect her boyfriend to never masturbate again, ever, while waiting for marriage?

Anonymous
I'm in a long-distance relationship with a very religious lady who is absolutely wonderful. We are talking a lot about marriage lately. In the spirit of being 100% honest with her, I have talked about my past (heavy p*rn use and masturbation) and she said that the past is the past and all that matters is from now going forward. We are both virgins and waiting until marriage. She asked me if I could promise her to never masturbate again (since it's a mortal sin in our faith).

I happen to be on an anti-depressant that makes it impossible for me to have wet dreams (which are not considered a sin, as they are involuntary), so the only relief I can get from the buildup of fluids is masturbation. I get kind of restless and irritated when I go too long without release, and I pretty much wind up humping the mattress at night in frustration (without release, just kind of like scratching an itch).

When she asked me to promise not to do it again, she kind of made it clear that she wasn't comfortable about the relationship continuing if I couldn't control my libido. Is this unfair or unreasonable on her part? I slipped up and let myself have release, and now I feel guilty about it. I could stop taking the meds and let myself have wet dreams, but then I might break down with anxiety, which will not be good for my employment.
+1 y
Okay, just to clarify, I'm not asking if her views on masturbation are unfair. My concern is that she seemed to want me to be as chaste as she is, and I struggle with that.
+1 y
Disregard this question. I've talked to her, and she is still supportive of me. I took what she said before out context. She will not break up with me over something like this, she's just concerned about the state of my soul because she loves me.
10
10