What's the difference between a racial fetish and preferences?

Anonymous
Preference: A feeling or liking of wanting one person more than another person. (Notice it doesn't exclude everyone else.)

Fetish: An unusual strong desire, need or obsession for something, someone, etc. (Fetishes come in many forms.)

I'll give an example and you let me know if it's a fetish or preference.

My friend Joseph (a cool white guy) only chases black women. He has never had a white a gf nor is interested in one. Now as much as Joseph considers personality and other aspects, his love of chocolate always controls his decision making. If a white girl or Asian girl, etc approached Joseph and she had a personality he liked and good looks, he would still reject her SIMPLY for not being black. So with that in mind, I can easily say that my friend Joseph does not have preferences, he has a racial fetish.

Now I don't care about what Joseph likes, but I appreciate the fact he doesn't play off his love of black women as a preference. He will straight up tell you he's obsessed with black women.

So if a black guy only chases white women, is it really preferences or does he have a racial fetish?
Is he any different than my friend Joseph?

If a minority girl wants to only chase white men, is it really preferences or does she have a racial fetish?
Is she any different than my friend Joseph?

If someone only wants to date in their race and reject 90% of the other population, is it really preferences or a racial fetish?
Yes you can have racial fetish for your own race. I'm black, but I'm not obsessed with or only want to date black women. I like everyone.

All of you who claim to have "preferences", are you more open minded or exactly like Joseph?
I'm probably more like Joseph with my dating life (leaning toward racial fetish, exclusive)
Vote A
I'm somewhat like Joseph (leaning toward preference with some exclusivity)
Vote B
I'm much more open minded than Joseph (leaning toward casual preference, but not exclusive)
Vote C
I don't have preferences or a racial fetish.
Vote D
See results.
Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Updates:
+1 y
I don't care who people like or date. This is about differentiating a fetish between preferences. I'm just trying to understand the mentality that goes behind it.
What's the difference between a racial fetish and preferences?
Add Opinion