Why do guys think they cannot control their boner in public?

TheGeorge
TL;DR: If you get an erection in public, you most likely had a vivid imagination of sexual activities with the girl in question and are entirely responsible for it.

I've read it here several times selected as the best answer that it's natural to get a boner in public if you see a hot girl or whatever and there is nothing a guy can do about it. That's bullshit. It's a weak excuse. Otherwise every guy on the beach would run around with a boner.

It's absolutely possible to control when and where you want to have an erection or not. The only time it indeed happens naturally is after you wake up and that has nothing to do with the content of your dreams, but is a natural reaction. Also it doesn't happen everytime you wake up. Now you could fall asleep in public and wake up with a boner, like on a bus ride, or in a park, I admit that. But there is no way to get a boner when you are awake unless you want to. You can see a hot girl in a bikini walking in front of you and then imagine having sex with her naked, even imagine what it feels like to insert your penis into her vagina, without getting an erection.

It's not a command like moving your arm, where your body immediately reacts. It's all about the mood you are in. If you are in the right mood you can get an erection in about any situation. At the same time you can prevent it in about any situation (I'm talking about public here, not a bedroom with a naked girl on top of you).

I don't talk to my friends about stuff like this, so I don't know how well other guys are able to control it, but I highly doubt I am something special. Do you agree with me or do you think it's not your fault for getting a boner in public? I'm addressing this to both girls and guys because I'm also interested to hear what girls think about it? Do you think it's just an excuse because they are afraid to admit having sexual thoughts?
0
11