Since when was drunk sex considered rape? And why?

ras144
(Before some SJW calls me a rape apologist, I’m just trying to make sense of the topics of consent and liquor.)

I don’t understand how sleeping with a drunk girl is considered rape even when she consents in her drunken state.

A drunk person is still held accountable for their actions when they drive a vehicle, why doesn’t that same accountability translate to sex? What if both the man and the woman is drunk when having sex? Doesn’t that mean they’re both rapists?

And if drunk sex does equate to rape, doesn’t that make alcohol a date rape drug? Why are we encouraging 21 years olds to ingest a date rape drug for fun around strangers? Wouldn’t it be common sense to discourage people, especially women, from consuming a date rape drug?

I think making drunk sex against the law is stupid considering that our nation’s culture glorifies partying, which includes sex and alcohol. It seems like it will just unfairly put more people in jail than necessary.

Can someone explain to me why having a law like that is a good idea, because I don’t see it.
23
6