What to do when girlfriend denies sex often?

Anonymous
My girlfriend and I are both 19, in the beginning of our relationship we had sex at least once a week. It has now dropped to a whopping once every 2 months if I am lucky. I understand sometimes she has legitimate reasons to deny me but other times the excuses are just stupid. I honestly feel a bit neglected and it has me wondering if she is even attracted to me anymore. It's damaging my ego in a way that it makes me not even want to try anymore or that I'm not even worth the sex.

I don't want sex for the 'feel good' although that is a benefit, but I just want to connect with her and be able to be intimate. I've had to initiate any and all intimacy in our relationship, and as a guy I get that for the majority I am supposed to but not all the time. I want to feel like she is attracted to me not like it's just some chore.

Some reasons she has denied me:

"I didn't shave"
"I'm too tired"
"My stomach hurts"
"My head hurts"
And the one she uses the most "I don't feel well"
or I don't get any answer at all

When I get upset about her denying me of sex she gets mad at me asking me why I'm acting weird. Of course I am going to get upset after being denied for weeks in a row on several occassions. But I get over it and move on. When I try to talk to her about it she gets mad at me for even talking about it. So communication isn't really an option for me. I feel neglected, I can feel my self starting to get more and more depressed with every denial. And she has no idea because everytime I try to express being distraught about it she gets upset with me and starts saying things that make me feel guilty.

So what exactly do I do here? I've tried to stop trying and she shows no signs of interest.

Do I hit the gym hard?
Do I act oblivious to her next time she 'sends me signs'?

Please help! The longer this goes on the more I think about it and the more questions enter my thought process. I'm starting to get anxious all the time and paranoid in thought.
What to do when girlfriend denies sex often?
Add Opinion