Does he want sex?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I agreed to wait for marriage, and we've discussed getting married and agree that it's a goal of ours to be married someday.

Anyways, he keeps asking me to make out on top of him naked so there's "nothing between us". He says that he doesn't want sex at all and he's not like most guys that would. But he's also all the time wanting to cuddle too.
He also asked me at one point if I masturbate and I responded saying "Wtf, why are you asking that?" He says it was just a joke that he was trying to make me laugh.

I just don't know what his intentions are, I really do love him and see myself married to him at some point but I don't want to have sex until there is a wedding band on my finger and vows are spoken. And he knows that. So what's going through his mind as he asks all this stuff?

I do trust him, he hasn't gave me a reason not to, but it's on my mind and I want to understand him.
Does he want sex?
10
4