Girls, why does skin to skin contact have such a soothing effect?

Anonymous
I was recently raped and am staying with my best (guy) friend who I trust more than anything. I'm always scared after what happened but when I hug him I feel safe. I refuse to sleep without him next to me. But when I hugged him wearing a tank top I noticed that the skin to skin made it feel so much better. I asked him to run his fingers up and down my forearm and it was again so soothing. I later took my top and my bra off and laid down on the bed (face down) and asked him for a massage, but not the regular kind. It was where he just ran his hands against the skin of my back and it was an absolutley euphoric feeling. I remember taking my shirt off and asked him to put his hands on my waist and run his thumbs up and down the front of my abdomen while I held his arms with my hands. I swear that felt like I went into a soothing trance. Now when we sleep and cuddle together I just wear gym shorts and a sleeping bra because feeling his arms wrapped around my body is just so soothing. I don't have any sexual feelings about him but the feeling of his skin against mine just feels so reassuring, so much more so than it would otherwise. Is this normal?
6