Girls, why does skin to skin contact have such a soothing effect?

Anonymous
I was recently raped and am staying with my best (guy) friend who I trust more than anything. I'm always scared after what happened but when I hug him I feel safe. I refuse to sleep without him next to me. But when I hugged him wearing a tank top I noticed that the skin to skin made it feel so much better. I asked him to run his fingers up and down my forearm and it was again so soothing. I later took my top and my bra off and laid down on the bed (face down) and asked him for a massage, but not the regular kind. It was where he just ran his hands against the skin of my back and it was an absolutley euphoric feeling. I remember taking my shirt off and asked him to put his hands on my waist and run his thumbs up and down the front of my abdomen while I held his arms with my hands. I swear that felt like I went into a soothing trance. Now when we sleep and cuddle together I just wear gym shorts and a sleeping bra because feeling his arms wrapped around my body is just so soothing. I don't have any sexual feelings about him but the feeling of his skin against mine just feels so reassuring, so much more so than it would otherwise. Is this normal?
Girls, why does skin to skin contact have such a soothing effect?
Add Opinion