People, help me! Why do I keep dreaming about my ex? I dream about him EVERY night, I miss him and I want to be friends again! PLEASE HELP?

YummyLady
People, please help me! I have been dreaming this guy couple of times per week last months. Almost every night, and here is a brief explenation of us:

We met when I was 6 months old and he was 13 months. We were babies. We were friends all the way till we were in 5th grade. That's when we were put in the same class and then we formed a "group": me, him and a couple of other guys and we were like a SQuad.
Next year I had problems with bullying and he was by my side. The thing is, that's when I began to feel something for him more than friends... I guess that's because my boyfriend at the time wasn't supportive threwout the bullying and I felt protected. He liked me back. Up untill yesterday we were chest bumping each other, but we started to blush when looking at each other. Since we were the popular kids, everybody "shipped us", and we started dating.

I was his first. That was the first time I loved somebody I was with. We were going on for 3 years, but he was becoming more and more jealous of me flirting with others. I thought about it and realized: "I love him too much to hurt him, and if I continue to be his girlfriend I will eventually do that. Then I realized that I just love him as a human being too much to be degrading that with sex, because I have sex with people I want to "use", and I miss our clossness as friends. When he would tell me his crushes, and I would tell him mine." I told him all that and he was a little sad, but we continued being friends...

Anyway, he was never the friend I new before. He became distant. We would spend less time together. I have moved last year to NYC and he is in Serbia. I see him rarely. I am going threw some tough time in my personal life right know and I have just dreamed once again of him hugging me and saying how everything is gonna be ok. He has a girlfriend now and she may be the one not letting him be close with me again, or is he still mad bc of the breakup?
He still has romantic feelings dor you, so he is probably still mad at you for breaking up with him.
His girlfriend nows how close you used to be, so she is not letting him spend time with you and talk to you, because she is jealous.
GirlGuy
2
3