Guys, Why is my boyfriend masturbating to real girls on social media? Is this normal?

Anonymous
I'm dating this guy who I've known since high school and who has never ever had a girlfriend before and who has never even kissed a girl. He always just the class clown and was too shy to talk to girls. We are both 20 and attending college and have been dating for about 7 months now and barely started having sex. I went through his search history and saw that he would look up girls we knew in high school frequently so I confronted him about it. He then told me he would masturbate to them. I didn t know how to process this. He said it s been a bad habit he has even before we started dating. I asked if he was interested in them and he said he would never date them but he just finds them attractive. He says he just acts on impulse. I don't care if he watches porn but I feel like looking at other girls is taking it too far. I feel like he just settled for me but he denys it and says he's super happy with me.
I threatened to break up with him and he started crying and said he said he would never cheat on me.
Is this normal? We both really really like each other and I know he has good intentions, he even chose to delete his social media without me telling him to. Im just wondering what exactly goes through his mind?
+1 y
also, since he's checking out all these girls do you think he actually DESIRES them? he's obviously fantasizing himself having sex with these real girls so it concerns me. do you guys fantasize having sex with other girls y'all actually know even thought y'all have a girlfriend?
4