Is it bad to have sex on the second date?

Anonymous
Came out of 4-year relationship a few months ago (fizzled out, nothing traumatic). Joined Tinder. Met up with a French guy (has lived in the UK for a few years) – bit quiet but nice. Didn’t expect to hear from him after date. We spent the rest of the week texting and start to open up a bit more. I see him the following weekend; watch a film, have drinks then we went back to his and slept together.

During the second date I asked him what sort of thing he’s looking for, and he said he wasn’t after a friends with benefits type of relationship. I’m not either, but I don’t want anything serious too soon. (I briefly mentioned how I my last relationship ended) I would rather get to know him, take it slow, but I’m concerned the sex on the second date has ruined any prospect of it developing further.

So now, I’m wondering how I move forward. He drove me home and kissed me goodbye, and even texted me asking me how my nap was going. Sometimes it takes him an hour, 10 mins or even several hours to reply to texts, but he hasn’t responded to my reply to his original message (3 hours ago). Shall I cool it and back off and not reply to anymore texts, (I don’t want to text him first and look needy); at least this way for sure I’ll know he’s interested? I’m just concerned that sleeping together on the second day may have changed things. I don't want to play any games.
6
5