Guys, I have a sexual kinky/danger play kind of question.. well situation. Would like to know that if it intensifies if it means anything for the guy?

LamiaG
This is prob the complicated part. Met a guy 4mths ago, clicked and major chemistry. He wanted to date, both of us been in seriously bad past relationship so both been single for 3yrs. He was all serious and then suddenly something about us reminded him of his past relationship, so he said he got scared, apparently due to issues with my childs father reminding him of his past which caused major issues between them and he said he needs to sort some things out, so maybe not ready for serious just yet. I was obviously suspicious about thr reasons because he had been the serious one leading me on. But... although things slowed down... didn't even see him for a month.. he would still contact me regularly. Obviously confusing hell out of me. Im direct so did ask why and what part i play in his life. Totally avoided answering that but spoke about a project he knows i am interested in. So... we both are quite kinky, im no prude in bedroom, we did some new things sexually.. well for him. So saw him recently and ended up spending nite and he seemed to be more dominant, he held my throat while we were 'busy', not threatening... but def turned me on and he said he thought it might. It was intense. My question besides being confused what he wants is... could this new danger play be him opening up towards me... like more comfortable?, as its not exactly a normal sexual thing to do... involves some of trust, from me. And he would know that. Or is it just me reading too much into it and just sexual exploration? Sorry so long... but majorly confused. P. S. i have said to him i am not some convenience girl.
7