If a guy tries to sext with a girl and she's not sexting back would he see her in a more respectful light? Or find another girl to sext?

Anonymous
In the beginning I started talking to this guy and we seemed to dig each other. One night he was "in the mood" and tried to start up a sext convo.

I wasn't trying to sext so I wished him a Good night and ended the conversation. I assumed that he would have stopped talking to me. Instead he never went down the sext road again. We have real conversations. He msgs me in the morning and night. He's been quite caring and likes to hear about my day.

Is he still talking to me because he has respect for me and sees me as girlfriend material? Why didn't he just move on to some other sext willing chick? Do guys test girls w sexting and penis pics?
13
2