I don't trust men anymore... & I just met someone new but I'm already looking for him to mess up and I can't believe him at all.. Advice?

TikiTook
Soo I met this great guy, he really does seem genuine and kind. I am attracted to him as he is to me. Really it seems too good to be true.
The only thing is, I'm so apprehensive and I don't trust him or anyone at all. For the last few months I was really f'd over by this one guy. He strung me on and told me fibs for months.. He knew how much I cared for him, and basically I was just his sex toy. My fault, I knew what I was getting into but I went feet first in without much decision in it at all. I had never fallen for a dude so fast and hard and crashed like that. I tend to attract players and confident guys since, if I may admit without coming off as stuck up, I am an well above attractive female (visually). I'm not stupid but I let that dude in... It was months and months of finding out lies and having to catch him in them, swearing I'd break things off only to never actually do it. I did a month ago, and I haven't gone back.

However, the effects have bled into my stance on love, relationships, and how I feel towards other men. I can't help the doubt. The guy I'm talking with now... If he doesn't respond in a certain amount of time, if he says anything the slightest that may make me question him, or any behavior... I inspect it and over analyze it, and I don't believe he could even want me more than a body. I always think he's talking to and seeing other chicks, since that's what the previous guy was doing, or that he just provides lip service to what I wanna hear and it's all bs. But he hasn't done anything wrong, and I'm treating him like the past guy. I don't know what to do. I don't want to mess up with him, I actually think he's a decent guy. Knock on wood haha.
9
0