Two questions about physical intimacy in a relationship: what if I don't enjoy french kissing? how long does it take most couples to make love?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have now been dating for two months.

Unfortunately, I've never been much of a touchy-feely person to start with :^( Like not all, not all, I used to yelp when people accidentally touched me haha (I'm past that stage though now, thank goodness!) He's my first boyfriend, and it's my first time being in love. I'm still adjusting to physical contact, but he's the only person I've ever felt the need to touch, let alone kiss. Those things were weird for me at first, but I now starting enjoy them and they're coming naturally.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, has dated a lot, and enjoys physical contact. However, I know he doesn't enjoy french kissing. Still, we tried together, and I found it so incredibly weird that I couldn't feel anything beyond that. I think we're both afraid of trying again, because neither one enjoys it... :^/

Is french kissing really important? Could we be '"incompatible" because of this? French kissing is always presented as the ultimate romantic kiss, so that's why it worries me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other thing that makes me anxious, is that I'm still a virgin. Obviously he isn't. At the beginning, I warned him I didn't feel ready for sex, and he was incredibly kind -- he said he could tell from the start, that that's not why he had pursued me, and that it wasn't that important. So far, he's never pressured me at all. However, when I tell my friends we haven't had sex yet, they act shocked.

So this leads me to my second question: how long do most people take to have sex? Is two months a while, or not at all? I'm not a guy so I can't really imagine, but am I being inconsiderate towards him? Should I force myself, even if I don't want to? I mean I do love him and he loves me, at least I'm sure he's gentle and caring...

Thanks for your help!
3
1