What's the difference between a really effeminate gay man and a transgendered woman?

Johnseph200
OK so I accept that gay men are biologically wired differently than straight men. This is obvious to me because a straight man's penis gets hard to female facilitated stimuli, therefore it follows that gay means a gay man's penis gets stimulated by male stimuli. I heard gay men's brains are wired differently, and given how we could actually witness a manifestation of that, I believe it.

Now given that, what is the difference between a gay man and a "transgender woman?" Can someone please enumerate that?

Sometimes, I feel like the trans-rights movement is just a stalking horse for gay rights; it makes gay "cis"genders appear more normal to people who waver on gay rights. It also seems like the transrights movement is a way to effectively erase being gay for those who can't handle it. Or that its a last frontier for gay rights, now that gays can serve openly and marry in 50 states, they don't want the fight to be over.

2
1