Do you think "I need to be physical attracted" to you is a cop out for not wanting to be less superficial?

Anonymous
I often hear from both men and women that they need to be physically attracted to you in order to consider dating you/sleeping with you and for many people this means you need to tick off nearly all their physical requirement list for what they are looking for in a mate when the person is young and the dating world is in their favor.
Do you think

The hypocracy i see with this is when people get older and they become less attractive, can't pull the same quality of mates and their dating pool starts shrinking and becoming smaller each year, all of a sudden now they want to drop the superficial aspect and give people a chance and start saying they care about personality, character, morality and all these other things they couldn't give too shits about 5-10 years ago.

For example

A girl who only wanted to go after pretty boys now all of sudden willing to give an average guy a chance.
A guy who only wanted to date white girls now all of a sudden is willing to give a black woman a chance.

So this begs the question.

Is the "I need to be physical attracted" to you to date/sleep with you just a cop out for people to continue being superficial and comes from an unwillingness to drop your physical standards?

The reason i ask this again because when people are older they very much are capable of dating/loving people who they would of written off 5-10 years ago as not being physically attracted towards and therefore incapable of loving them.

It's just a cop out to be superficial
Physical attraction is real
GirlGuy
9
11