Can people actually be friends with cuddle benefits or does it turn into f*** buddies?

swimbackstroke
so I've known this guy for like six months or so, and we've become pretty good friends. there's a lounge area where a bunch of my friends all hang out (sorta like a dorm lounge), and he and I have spent a fair amount of time there together on the couches. over the six months we've known each other, that's gone from just sitting to cuddling. people have mistaken us for a couple. he puts his arm around me, etc. we just cuddle. I guess you could say we're friends with cuddle benefits.

he's the one I go to when I have a bad day, because I know he'll give me a hug and sit there with me and make me laugh, and it'll all get better.

anyways, a few weeks ago, a mutual friend told me that this particular boy (the one I'm friends with cuddle benefits with) liked me. at first, I flat out denied that it could be possible. but the more I started thinking about it, the more I realized it might be true. then another girl said the same thing, and it just made me think about it even more.

i really like this guy as a friend, but I don't know if I'm attracted to him. maybe I am, I can't really figure it out. he's not the type of guy I usually fall for, I usually go more towards bad boys, or at least as my best friend puts it, "guys who need saving or fixing."

i guess my question is, is it torture for a guy to be friends with cuddle benefits if he's got the hots for the girl? I really don't want to lead him on unnecessarily...one of my friends said I'd just give him blue balls or whatever. what do I do?
5
1