Are women just as horny as men?

davidshaw
I have no real opinion on the matter and have heard many points for and against. From people saying that women aren't designed to be as sexual as men or that women are more into romance, while others I've heard say, women always think about sex they just don't talk about it much, some men say they were also surprised how sexually active their girlfriend was as well etc etc.

I know there are lots of things to consider in this, like personality, how society portrays women and 'moulds' them or evolution etc. But it seems that most people generally agree that most men for example are quite sexual and have high sex drives (even if that is stereotypical, which it is), so I'd prefer an overarching answer, with exceptions on the side of the answer.
Prove your answer with an example if you can (doesn't have to be about yourself if it's too personal) if in your opinion women are as horny as men as well, how do you show it? What do you or other women think about when turned on? If men supposedly think about sex every 3 seconds, how often on average is it supposed to be for women?
Are women just as horny as men?
5
13