In wrestling, what do girls think if their male opponent gets an erection while wrestling and is there any I as a guy can avoid getting them?

Anonymous
I only started wrestling this last year, and I was really nervous about a lot of problems, including getting erections while wrestling. I did ask about it eventually and everyone said it wasn't a big deal. But we were talking about between guys. I didn't expect to have to wrestle girls this year but I did, and each time I had this problem. It was completely humiliating and I felt like everyone could easily see. I made me feel like I had to avoid getting into certain positions, which made it harder for me to win. One time I was pinned by a girl so that she and everyone else could surely see and I was so humiliated that I wanted to quit wrestling for good.

I still haven't talked to anyone about it because it's too humiliating. But I realized I was thinking so much about what other people think, especially the girls, but I don't know what they think because I can't ask. So I wanted to ask here because I can be anonymous and because I think people will be more honest with me.

So so what do people think if they see a boy wrestling a girl while he has an erection? And if any girls reading this have wrestled, did it bother you if a guy had one? I feel terrible when I'm behind them because it feels like I'm some kind of sexual abuser. But I feel humiliated when it's the other way around. Like a guy isn't supposed to be aroused when a girl is pinning him.

I know this all probably sounds really stupid and insecure but it really bothers me and I don't know if I can continue wrestling. This isn't the only problem I'm having but it's the only one I'm afraid to talk about.
In wrestling, what do girls think if their male opponent gets an erection while wrestling and is there any I as a guy can avoid getting them?
Add Opinion