Is it a sin for a bio-person to marry/have sex with a trans-person?

For the sake of argument lets say that the trans-person passes completely unless you look at their DNA or their genitalia. Also I am not looking at the morality of becoming a trans-person. I also do not want to debate whether or not religion is correct. I simply what to know if based on the rules of most religions, is the bio-person sinning. For this description I am going to use a trans-woman and a bio male, but the same applies to a bio-woman and a trans-man.

I am specifically looking at is it a sin for the bio male to marry/have sex with with a trans-woman. If you go biologically, he is performing a homosexual act, and that is a sin. If you go based on her appearance (female), he is not performing a homosexual act thus he is not sinning. Does it depend if she still has her cock or not?

• Yes, the bio-person is sinning.
  • No, the bio-person is not sinning.
  • It depends on the trans-person's genitalia.
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2132

What Girls Said 21

• Well, it has been a long time since I was in a Catholic school, but according to the monk that taught me my family and life class, sex was only for procreating a child.

I think that response will do little to satisfy your question as it did to my follow-up question to before mentioned monk about a married couple if one or both of them were sterile. Should they never have sex?

I never got an answer to that question; just detention. lol!

As the IRS believes so I think God will think, if done in "good faith" you are good. ;)

• I say it's a sin either way. That person was born one way compared to another, then you're still having sex with a person that is more and likely the same gender as you. It's still homosexually and thus still a sin. The only way to really know is to do a background check and see their birth certificate. Why do you think they want to get rid of gender/sex on it? To promote it that's why. And thus that makes you a homosexual as well by participating in the sexual act itself with one. Nothing confusing about it. It's all the same.

• 4d

So really we should all be doing dna tests on everyone we intend to date just incase they are a very convincing transexual. Don't wanna accidentally sin and end up in hell on a technicality... That would be embarrassing.

• 4d

Even so, it can go there if they want to. Again, I wouldn't suggest taking that risk. Unless you don't mind making headlines on the front page news.

• 4d

I wouldn't actually do that, I'm just messing around because i find the idea of 'sin' kind of funny. xD

• I'm not religious so sin means nothing to me.
    First of all, the Bible does say "“Men who practice homosexuality will not inherit God’s Kingdom.”, that also applies to women. Trans is a very touchy subject, you do not want my full opinion :P

• 3d

How could anyone give you thumbs down? Da fuq? I like this. You are not religious, therefore stuf like holy, sin and so on, doesn’t have any meaning. Yes! Yes, god dammit.
      Btw…Saturn? So…you are from Titan I assume. Nice place, really nice place. Hello from Ganymede, by the way. :-) Oh yeah, Jovian system republic.

• 3d

@Wolframium I guess they disliked because they don't agree and are rightful to their opinion, I'm not gonna start bashing religions, I know enough about the Bible to warrant an opinion, but yes Jovians for life :D

• 3d

Sure, they can have their opinion, but… There is objective truth based in our reality.
      That’s right! Jovian for life. Fuck the inners. Respect for Venus though.

• Yep its still gay, you are still having sex with a biological male, thus you are preforming a homosexual act even if the person looks like the opposite sex. The problem is a person's brain can't comprehend it, you know its man but your eyes and brain are being tricked by whats on the outside. The inside is never going to change no matter how well a person passes for the opposite sex. So if a man or woman is dating or having sex with a trans, you ARE in a homosexual relationship regardless if they had surgery or not, a fake penis or vagina does not make or will make a person's DNA/Chromosomes change ever. But honestly its semi the person's fault, they can't understand that they're being deceived.

• 4d

Sin is a real thing, don't listen to those people who say it doesn't exist. They are simply saying that cause they don't believe and are rejecting God, those are the very people who lead you astray and keep you from getting closer to God and knowing Him. It's the blind leading the blind, they will tell you its okay just live your life as long as it "not hurting anyone". But the truth is it is hurting people, it's hurting their chances of accepting Jesus and being saved. It's basically people doing this:
      https://i.ytimg.com/vi/A-psfQSAz-A/hqdefault.jpg

• 4d

"ask and you shall receive" words from the Bible, the Bible also mentioned men having multiple wives this is morally wrong now but back then it was not wrong, even the Bible shows that even god accepts it, Jesus Christ may have been a good person though a lot of good things but the Bible says he is not god, the Bible does not mention that gay marriage is wrong it's the church that says that it's wrong I would also like to state this that the early Bible was written in text that we the current readers cannot understand the text was modified/changed so everyone could read but the church and the pope controlling the church changed the text removed a lot of chapters, after knowing all this do you really believe that the Bible is the word of God?

• 3d

@annonboy the bible clearly says marriage is between man and woman and that it is wrong for two men or women to lay down together. Jesus God and the holy spirit are one in the same. If you seen the son then you have seen the father.

• bio man haha like the bio veggies we buy from the store, like they are not veggies, they are bio
    so natural

I can't say because I don't consider trans as another gender... they choose what they want to be
    first world problems

• Sex outside of marriage is sin enough so the question is kinda pointless and the whole explanation.

• 4d

It is true that sex outside of marriage is a sin, but would getting married to a transgender be a sin and then would sex at that point be a sin. The bible does say that he who lies down with another man is committing a sin (so essentially two sins). Or maybe the alternative way to word that, is having sex with a trans-person outside of marriage 1 sin or 2 sins (either way its a sin according to some religions, but is it 1 or 2)?

• 4d

I am religious to an extent. However this questions is primarily based on my fascination with fringe cases and understanding those edge cases. I understand that the trans-person is committing several sins, but the cis-person I could see it going a few different ways.

• 4d

You'd both be committing very serious sins either way cis-gender or not. I don't think you'll get a pass for identifying as what your born as. The marriage wouldn't be real as it's not looked upon as Holy under God in the first place and then being with someone that is technically your gender is homosexuality. So marriage or not it's a sin... Wow that was a lot

• Being transgender is more than just "appearing" or "passing" as the other gender. It is Being that gender. Let me ask you this, is it a sin if a man performs anal sex with a cis-gender woman? (Cis gender is the term you were looking for when you said "bio gender.") Afterall, he is still performing gay sex that way, right? No.

I'm not super religious, but I'm going to say no. God made us all in his image, that means he made transgender people too. I think he would be happier that you made love, and found love with one of his creations, and not focus so much on what genitalia they have.

• I don't believe in any god so, I don't believe in sin.

I don't think it's wrong either.

• Trans didn't exist when the wrote the holy books, so I guess they get a pass. If anything it might fall under the homosexual rules because you can't reproduce.

• 4d

Actually they did back then in those times, they just didn't have the luxury of changing their parts. Sodom and Gomorrah had men dressing up as women and even wearing clothing as women to pass as one. It didn't help if the man was already womanly or had soft features either, so the men would become confused, they knew it was a male but they look so feminine that they didn't care.

• religiously it would be a sin.. but I don't think it should matter.. do whatever you want

• I voted for sinning just to look at results. Donno about winning but the straight man is now gay.

• sin isn't real and it's fucked up to believe people are sinners for sexual orientation.

• I think it is

• it doesn't matter... how about that option?

• 4d

so your just hear for the results?

• All premarital sex is a sin but if you're talking about homosexual sin specifically the answer is yes. It does not matter what a trans person does to their outside, they will always be the sex they were born as.

• Yeah, but if they're happy I'm not gonna stop them

• Probably a sin according to religion but I don't think there is anything wrong with it?

• And trans people are also "bio-people". Typically we use the term cis-gender for people who are the same gender as they were assigned at birth.

• There's no such thing as SIN , be happy with whoever you choose

• Didn't read the details, so I voted no, as I'm not religious. But, just based off of what religion is about, I know that it is a sin, yes.

• Small things like pleasuring oneself or watching porn is a sin. So a little hanky panky with someone who used to be a different gender should be fine.

What Guys Said 32

• Lol no amount of eloquency can hide the fact that you're just asking if traps are gay haha! Anyways, I think the answer is yes. Sex itself is more about the act, than the looks. Otherwise, we wouldn't need anything but porn right? So since sex is about the "doing" that means since you "did" gay sex, then its gay/a sin. However, that argument does discredit the existence of transgenderism and frankly, I think thats correct for this situation. You can "become a female" in every other situation in life and thats fine, but you can't change your penis so for sex, it still counts as gay. However, if you are simply masturbating to the sight or idea of a transgendered person, then thats not gay since you are only looking ie. seeing/enjoying the idea of the "girl" instead of the "guy". Thus, my answer is yes, transgender-cisgender sex is a sin, but transgender masturbation is not (or at least less of a sin)

• 4d

And this is ignoring the fact that this is asking about sex outside of marriage and any opinions about the legitimacy of transgenderism that I might have.

• 4d

Naturally there will be other sins attached to this discussion (men dressing as women, sex outside of marriage, causing others to sin, and several others) I am just focusing on the question of if the sin is based on biology, genitalia, appearance or something else.

Now does it change anything if the trans-person's genitalia match or differ from the person that is viewing them. For example with the gay woman. If she is viewing trans-woman porn where the woman has a cock does that make it not gay because she has a cock or gay because she looks like a woman?

• 4d

Gay because she looks like a woman. Presumeably, since the cisgendered woman is gay, she would be enjoying the visual appeal of the woman and not the penis. Thus, its gay. If she was for some reason, enjoying the penis however, which is uncharacteristic for a gay woman, then I suppose it would be considered straight.

• I'm a non-believer, so I don't think any LGBT is a sin.

But conservative religious people usually sees transgender people as the assigned sex at birth and don't think they're the gender they identify themselves as, so therefor a conservative who thinks homosexuality is a sin thinks a romantic relationship between a trans-person and a cis-person of the same sex is a sin.

So yes, a conservative religious person can see sex between a cis-man and a trans-woman a sin and see sex between a cis-woman and a trans-man a sin.

• Transgenderism is an abomination so what do you think?

They say your insane and mentally unstable for cutting your own leg off yet these same people are perfectly fine with you cutting your dick up, sewing up your vagina and physically mutilating yourself. And call you sane.

And the fact of the matter is you are what you were born as, you will never ever escape that. No amount of self mutilation and surgery and mask will change that.

If you were born a man you will always be a man, if you were born a woman you will always be a woman. After all you can put a monkey in a human suit, teach him manners how to use tools etc. But at the end of the day he's not a human he's still a monkey, nothing will ever change that.

Same with humans, it's not natural it goes against god, it's a mental illness even doctors and medical professionals agree.

• No because a sin is a made up thing that a fictional character doesn't want you to do.
    There is no such thing as a sin in actual reality.

• I see the title, and I have ne thing in my head. What’s non-bio-person. So…by logic, that would be a robotic body habituated by human consciousness, right? That’s actually something, what I’d prefer to this messy, biological body.
    Religion is incorrect. Why? They lack of testable prediction, evidence and so on. They just want your money, I mean belief in their stuff. But…you don’t want that discussion. Got it. I just had to. Yes. I cannot help myself. OMG, I’m one of those people. OK? time to think about my life choices.
    But I still would like to have that perfect robotic body.

• I've wondered the same thing. like what if a man finds a woman attractive, waits for marriage, the finally after marriage finds out she has a cock.
    I think God intended for man and woman to have sex and produce offspring. the parts fit on a normal man and normal woman.
    on a trans, the parts don't fit. offspring can't be produced, thus it's not in accordance with what I believe God intended.
    Think about it, out of all the different methods of keeping the human race populated God chose sex. so obviously sex was intended as a method of human reproduction.

• Whtever mayn. Its their life

• don't know. ask God you bastards claim to hold a relationship with him you should easily be able to ask these questions...

• sex with a guy and a girl/trans girl is not a sin, unless they're two people that are not married, or is married to someone else

• 4d

So even though the trans-woman used to be a man, you are saying that the because to the man she is a she, its fine?

• 4d

Okay so you didn't know what a trans-person was?

• 4d

no... i know that.
      I thought that she was born with a dick.

• 😂😂😂 it's a sin? Lol get outta here with that bs

Do whatever feels natural and right
    Religion based from 2000 years ago obviously can't understand 2017

• Depends if how you classify the transgendered person. I'm not a religious person, but have a feeling that it would fall under a homosexuality umbrella for most conservative relegions

• Screw what religions say, what do you think about it? You gotta make up your own mind about how to live your life and not be trapped by a religion that does not know you and your individuality.

Oh and it's not a "bio-person." The correct term is cis or cis-gender.

• Sinning - a way to put those, who disobey under strict control with threats of punishments involving burning in a place, that doesn't even exist.

• Who-What is a bio-person?
    What is sin?

• 4d

Apparently cis-gender is the appropriate term. Someone that was born the gender that the indentify as.

Sin is simply put anything that goes against God or other deity or is a moral wrong doing.

• 4d

Pay attention, not to offend Baal !

• I can say with great confidence that trans people are never directly mentioned in the Bible. Therefore I have no idea. Homosexuality is a sin though, and I figure that trans would fall under the same category.

• The term you are looking for is CIS not bio

• Yes, the bio-person is sinning

• Hey this 21st century, If love is higher than the Gender than every sin is smaller compared to love and passion. God said love is greater than all the sins. Saint or Sinner, (God) he had, does and he always will love us.

• Yes, you are still gay, no there are no loopholes for your religion to accept your gayness.

• Yes, the bio-person is sinning.

• I look at it like this, there is no such thing as sin.

• 4d

He is asking the religious people. If you are an atheist then it is understandable that you don't believe that sin exists

• there is no "based on her appearance"
    if its a male on male. it is considered homosexuality therefore considered a sin

• Yes, is still a sin (especially according to God words).

• Does it really matter? Even though I'm Christian, I don't get why people are so bent on getting a good "afterlife", just make sure your NOW-life is the best it can be for you and other people!

• 4d

Does it matter? Probably very little, but I am interested in the technicalities of it. Not to cheat the system but just thinking about fringe cases.

• there is no such thing as sin? what is sin?

• No its not a sin, In my opinion there is no god.

• i mean...

• No, it's not a sin. / transperson that have dated many cispersons

• It's a tuff one to answer, I guess it depends on your own moral values

• There is no sin, no right or wrong, there are only things people do, remember that and do whatever you want and be free.

• More from Guys
    2