Best Guy Friend Masturbated While I Was In Bed Next To Him?

Anonymous
I'll start this out by saying that I've been friends with this guy for years, we've been through relationships, shitty fights, colleges in different states, the full Monty. He drives me crazy, but I love and appreciate him and I'm 90% positive that he feels the same way about me. I'm not weirded out by the idea that he masturbates. It's a totally healthy thing that everyone does. I don't feel unsafe or distrust him. I'm just confused as to why he did it while I was sleeping right there next to him, with my legs touching him.

The backstory to this, is that a couple of weeks ago we went on a trip with a small group of friends. All of the rooms were filled up in the house that we rented, so he and I decided to sleep in the same bed. It wasn't weird, we've done it before. We all stayed up really late that night, so by the time we went to bed we were exhausted. I literally threw on some sweats and crawled under the covers, and he came in a few minutes later. I was falling asleep, half dreaming, when I heard something and felt the bed start moving a little. I opened my eyes, wide awake, and was confused for a few minutes, until I realized what was going on. I was so surprised that I didn't say or do anything. I just laid there and tried to go back to sleep. He didn't try to touch me or anything, just went to sleep normally, and I was so tired that I passed out too. This happened the next day as well.

He's my best friend. We are definitely JUST FRIENDS. He's never indicated that he has ever been interested in being anything more. However, that being said, I'm sort of dense when it comes to how other people feel about me. It took me honestly two years before I was absolutely sure he even liked me as a person, and I still worry that his family dislikes me after almost 7 years. I'm not angry, I'm not going to stop speaking to him, I'm just confused and looking for someone else's take on this.

*Neither of us are in a relationship. If that was the case, I'd be livid.
12
2