I (21 F) and my boyfriend (22 M) have been together for over a year and live together.
We were having sex (I'm on birth control) and we typically don't use condoms, he just pulls out. Well this time, he didn't. I was so angry. I asked why he didn't and he said he "thought I couldn't get pregnant" for some reason. I figured since I was on birth control I would probably be okay
Nope. Of course I'm pregnant. I don't know how far along exactly. I'm in shock. It doesn't feel real. I've always had irregular periods but when I started having cramps for 5 days and no period, I knew instantly something was wrong.
I scheduled an abortion consultation in the closest city to me (45 minutes away) I'm so scared and angry and I don't know what to do. Am I wrong for being so angry with my boyfriend even though it's my fault too?
I can't help feeling horrible. I know I'm an idiot but I just need someone to give me advice or something I don't even know.
Most Helpful Guy
Pulling out is probably the most stupid way to protect, since there is always a chance to still get pregnant due to the pre cum.
If you're stupid enough to believe that this is enough to protect, then I wouldn't blame your boyfriend for that, since there is a high chance that you got pregnant from every single time you had sex without a condom in the first place.. who knows that it was really that one time, he came inside you.
Also.. unless you made a mistake with the birth control yourself, the chance of getting pregnant, even if he came inside you every time would be under 1%.. that's why birth control exists after all, so yeah.. being angry with your boyfriend is very irrational because it was either your mistake or you just had incredibly bad luck.5
Most Helpful Girl
1. Any method of contraception has risk of pregnancy.. therefore you are to blame as much as him because celibacy or removing the reproductive organs will be only full proof method of no pregnancy.
2. If you take medication, antibiotics or certain foods they can stop the function of the birth control. Usually your doctor will advice you.
3. I don't understand why you are angry at him. It's not his fault because birth control means you shouldn't get pregnant.
4. I've been using pull out and ovulation method without any other contraception and we haven't had any child since 2 years plus. So it does work if done right.
5. You already have a abortion lined up so try not to stress and find another contraceptive method that suits you and your partner best.
You don't need to be angry or stressed. There is always a chance of pregnancy if you have sex and are fertile even with the best contraception. No one is at fault. No one is stupid. What happened, happened... just now think about future, how not to repeat the process.
- Show AllShow Less