Men use their status, success, and confidence to attract women, and women use their appearance and showcase their maternal nature to attract men?

Do you agree with the above? What are qualities and traits do you think are the MAIN attractors for both men and women?

1323

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• People are attracted to looks and personality. Why y'all niggas try to make everything so damn extra?

• Lol you're right

• @Gnomadic looks and PERSONALITY. read nigga, read. It's not that hard 😒

• I read. Looks are not based completely on physiological features. The looks of the male twin that are attractive are the materialistic goods. The suit and the tesla. And the personality is irrelevant at that point. The Subaru driving fella could be a great fucking guy, but he doesn't have status or money which LOOK pretty fucking good to most women.

The hotty slut looking gal that is begging for a boning is superficially/materialistically enhancing her appearance with fake ass bras and makeup to attract the male that wants to fuck/impregnate her. She could be a bimbo and most men do not care. Her authentic twin who gives off her true personality through her looks, and is highly intelligent/caring is not going to pull the dick that the advertising slut will.

So yes, fake ass looks and bullshit personalities win, but genuine looks and personality do not. THink nigga ;think

What Girls Said 12

• Disagree. I think men think that's what they should use, and women think that's what they should use. I think when you know who you are and what your values are, you tend to use that to attract people more often than not.

The whole point of attraction is that you want to attract people to you that fit into a sincere vision of how you want to live your life, and so if a man does not place value money and titles, why would he use that to attract someone? likewise, if a woman is not vain why would she rely only on her appearance? It's important to know I've met many wealthy men that never talk about their status and I've met absolutely drop dead gorgeous women who never wear make up and both can have 1 million charms that have nothing to do with their appearance or status. It's about what you want.

• Hmmm... that doesn't apply to me. I think I use my... weird sense of humor more than anything. As for appearance- generally, both sexes want to look good.

• Generally speaking, yes, I agree with what you stated. But I believe many men I know seek a woman who is just as successful and confident as they are. A woman who knows how to hold herself together, is considered as attractive rather than intimidating. I personally also find it rather attractive to see a man with maternal/nurturing characteristics and believe that many men care to look goid to attract the opposite sex.

• I am attracted to a man who matches me morally, ethically and has a similar level of work ethic.

• I don't think that there is some sort of overall formula for the two sexes. Individuals are just way too different from each other to find a general rule.

• Well, the "formula" is evolutionary biology and natural selection 😅

• That's not true. Women are the bearers of children. That's biology 101. Sure, cultures might be unique and different in respect to raising children, but that doesn't erase the millions of years of basic psychological and biological mechanisms of individual male aggression and competition and female maternal child bearing purpose. What's a woman going to do to without children? Nothing, that's the answer. After awhile, past a certain age, no children usually causes a decline in a couple's men and women's well being. What's the purpose of a relationship? If not for children in the possible future. That's why women with more of these maternal physical and nonphysical traits are deemed more desirable

• A woman hating or not wanting children is probably the most unnatural thing imaginable. Seriously. It goes against her programming to dislike children and not want to have them in the future.

• Yes and no. It depends on what age bracket. It varies greatly. Young single 20s want something totally different than divorced, widowed, retired 60s.

• Divorced, widowed, retired 60s? 😅. That is very specific, and not representative of the majority of the population. I'm trying to gauge what the main attractors are for BOTH sexes mainly.

• Divorced is a big percentage. Like 51% at least. I think you can say a platitude like everyone is attracted to a confident, positive person. After that, you can't make those sweeping generalizations. When you say majority, it might be only 55 or 60% of the population. That leaves a big chunk looking for other things. Or the majority could only be 30% in the biggest aggregate group if none of the other groups are more. You can find statistics to support whatever you want to promote. And research is all over the place. The researcher arbitrarily sets the statistical significance, so he can say yes there is a correlation or no there isn't simply on an arbitrary subjective number. So saying the majority of men/women want... needs fleshing out. And is the sample size adequate and representative of the greater population? Maybe it's people in New York City or California skewing it, too, when the heartland people want something different. 🙂

• Well, the qualities I've labeled are a product of MILLIONS of years of evolutionary biology and natural selection 😅. Women gravitate towards men at the top of certain dominance hierarchies and men gravitate towards women with certain maternal/mothering bearing qualities.

• I am attracted to guys who have morals, no money problems, fit and taller than me. He is attracted to someone nice, and can have his kids

• I wish I met someone like you... You would like never date a 32 year old virgin though

• @Kymber i know right? What a negative view of life, how sad

• @CorrectingMyLife85 possibly would have! I was a virgin before i met my husband. We met and married right away at age 24...

• Both use personality and looks...

• Intelligence and emotional intelligence and a good IQ from a man or a woman is what wants to be in a relationship with them immediately.

• I don't know how true this is. All I care is that they're getting life together and they're a good person.

I don't attract guys who want relationships so who cares about my maternal instincts?

• I mean, your maternal instincts or studs is something that's specific and natural to women. Men have been programmed through thousands of years to find women who are more maternal and feminine to others to be more attractive and desirable.

• I don't care about what they got. I care about who they are on the inside.

• Women don't show maternal nature if it shows it shows

• Well, it makes them more desirable because it shows that they are better suited to be mothers for your future children. Maternal nature can be shown through physical or nonphysical qualities.

What Guys Said 22

• Young women sell on looks and fertility, and are looking for resources and security.
    Young men sell on resources and security, and are buying the looks and fertility.
    Of course, in reality, it gets more complicated but that's the basic premise.

• Well, I do think it's the natural way of things.. Sometimes men do attract women with their looks sometimes too.. And I think the qualities and traits for both men and women are:
    -Looks
    -Confidence
    -humor
    -great personality..

• Yeah, those 4 are fairly universal and binding to BOTH men and women. Thanks JDavid

• I hear ya man. I do believe you are right as far as initial attraction goes, but I can't help but argue that in most instances the janitor will never be able to express more than his looks to a woman. His humor, personality, and confidence?, will not be noticed because essentially he won't be noticed. For the record I am not a janitor... lol... The same goes for the short fat older woman with a buzz cut goes. She may be fucking hilarious, sweet as can be, and stand proud in her style and beliefs, but that ain't slaying the fellas. I know this is shallow, but generally speaking the world is quite shallow... especially when it comes to sexual attraction.

• @Gnomadic Well, yeah you are right even about the janitor and the shaved head lady thing.. Women will look at him and think he's handsome and maybe use him as eye candy.. But, as far as relationship goes.. They won't even consider him.. And same goes for the bald lady.. Well, maybe the opposite.. Haha..

• Agree to some extent. But you need to add in attractiveness and personaliy for both genders.

The total package for attraction is like a pie chart, take any slice away completely and you won't have a whole pie. You can change the sizes of each slice, depending on what you personally value more, but you still need every part.

• Well, this is based on my understand of evolutionary psychology. The greatest men weren't the most attractive, they were the ones that rose up at the top of the dominance hierarchies to attract women. This has been embedded in women's psychological mechanisms as desirable for a mate, whereas the women don't need to climb up to the dominance hierarchies or be successful in order to get a man. They just need to be the sexiest one in the room.

• What you're saying *is* correct, its just a little simplistic, more applicable to caveman times when men literally provided resources and women simply raised offspring. Humans have different needs now.

It's not quite as absolute as being the best looking girl. Look at George Clooney he could have his pick of women, but he chose one who is complete in most regards, she's attractive, went to grammar school, studied at Oxford, is an international lawyer and to top it off is a philanthropist.

• Women with confidence and upbeat personalities are more attractive than others. I have seen such women attract every guy around while dressed in tshirt and jeans while women without the confidence and personality need to go overboard on looks to get half as much attention.

But you won't believe this till you see it irl.

• Women like strength. Men like boobs.

• More or less yeah.

• Yeah

• Close enough

• I must agree with the statements

• I would say yes

• Money makes you more hansome, no question.
    The more attractive a girl is, the higher the hypergamy status, no question.

• "No" to both your points. Nowadays, money doesn't attract as much women as it used to before women couldn't work and earn for themselves. Society has changed and what women and men find as attract qualities has changed as well. You find this to be true in evolutionary biology as well. Being big and strong is close to useless today, compared to being confident and well spoken. Also, your second point doesn't tie a woman's attractiveness to hypergamy at all. I haven't seen this in reality or the science positively correlating the two.

• Again, I like your style dude. You are smart and seem to have an excellent approach to understanding the world around. Just for further food for thought in regards to your last comment. Get on youtube and search "hybristophillia the female attraction to violence" on bar bar's channel.
      There are exceptions to every generalization/observable rule. This does not mean that we should overlook the rule/standard. Thanks for the comment and initial inquiry. It is a good topic.

• Yes, I'll look that up for sure and yes, it's a great topic 😅

• No i use appearance lol and humor gets me laid about it

• I have a 1 bedroomed flat, low wage job and I'm not massively confident... I use my looks, intelligence and wit to attract women.

• The hallo effect has to do a lot with it.

• Yeah you are right.

• Men use what they have to get sex. Women use sex to get what they want

• Actually it isn't what we should this is what we have done for centuries you showing these qualities without knowing, even animals do it

• No , I don't agree.

• Obvious yes

• usually people are attracted to somebody with their own traits. like if you have an outgoing, energetic, athletic, and comedic personality, you're most likely gonna be attracted to that same list of traits you have in another person cuz nobody is gonna be attracted to the total opposite person of themselves

• You are definitely not wrong.
    But Here are the formulas how men and women attract each other.

Men attract women by: Being tall, good looking, muscular, having a fancy car and making big money.

Women attract men by: Being young and not fat.

I know. It's not fair but we can choose to either deal with it or bitch about it.
    The rest of us

• Have our hands and porn ready.

• Right. I like the way you put it.

• Yep no problem

• Both genders use their looks only.