Thoughts on period sex?

DivineDaj
So I've read some Cosmo articles on sex while having a menstrual cycle and I was interested. They were saying something about how period sex was beneficial for both partners. For the women, its a plus because it helps with menstrual cramps and for men its beneficial simply because the vagina is more lubricated (despite it being blood).
My former boyfriend and I have had period sex on occasion and I found it amazing. I get really turned on and my sex drive is spiked when my period is on... I'm for sure its the hormones. But, I will admit it was weird at first but then it got better. We were in the shower, of course, but some people prefer a much drier place like the bedroom. I personally don't want to deal with removing stains like those out of my bed spread and sheets.
I've talked to my friends about period sex as well and they have their reservations (some of them). For the most part they said they'd try it and a good majority have already experienced it. They enjoyed much like I did and recommend it to those who haven't tried it. I also had friends who were completely grossed out by the thought of period sex. Every experience is different. I only have period sex if I'm flowing light. Others, prefer a heavier cycle...
It's soooo much on this topic but what are you guys thoughts? Is it taboo to you? Have you done it? Did you like it? What didn't you like about it? Let me know in the opinions below :)
Thoughts on period sex?
23
17